A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes IS the BEST company......... - happy KSer

Posted: Aug 14, 2010

They did the right thing for their employees.  I am happy to call myself a KS MT!

Keystrokes - Sparky

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes they did. At least there is a little bit of positive in this crazy MT world!

Completely agree...... - another happy KSer

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with Keystrokes for almost four years and I couldn't ask for a better company....They have always done right by me....

GREAT companies do NOT act this way. - Grrr

[ In Reply To ..]
I find it ridiculous that some of you peeps are quick to forgive the recent actions of KS. The fact that they considered implementing the tiered pay scale in the first place speaks volumes about how they feel about their MTs. I wonder just how many were forced to resign because of this... only THEN to find out KS reversed the policy. I smell a ploy to oust some MTs from their payroll.

Great companies can admit that a mistake was made and fix it. nm - My2cents

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

They absolutely are the BEST! - Love KS!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
They admitted that the tiered pay system was not a good idea and that they are NOT going to implement it because they do not want their MTs to be negatively impacted by it. All line rates will remain the same and will not change. I am very proud of them for doing the right thing and thinking about the well-being of their employees and not just the company itself. I am also very proud to be part of the Keystrokes family! They are the BEST! They actually listen to their employees and care about what they have to say!

really? that's good. - -

[ In Reply To ..]
Not a KS employee, but did see the uproar about rate change not long ago. Reminds me of a situation where our hospital was going to increase production 20% (after going up 10% and another 12% already). We were at our wits' end. There was no slack left to take out. Then they decided to put off the increase indefinitely. I was so stoic about the bad news, but when I heard the good news, I was so overwhelmed and relieved that I burst into tears right there in the office-- very embarrassing. It shows you how much these policy changes mean to us, though.

Wow!!! - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Not a KS employee, but if I ever decide to change companies in the future would definitely check them out.

Sounds like they value their employees and their opinions and don't want to risk losing them.

I agree...I'm glad they have decided (sm) - Cambria

[ In Reply To ..]
not to go ahead with the new tiered pay scale. I was willing to go along with it because they have always been a great company to work for, and I thought it was better to implement such a system rather than just lay off some of their MTs. I think this does show they care a great deal about their MTs. My four-year anniversary is next month and I'm happy to be there.

give time to see what else is up the sleeve. - N/M

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Of course someone has to be nasty. Welcome to MTStars! sm - HappyKeystrokesMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for Keystrokes for 6 years and have been happy with them, much more than with MQ or Transcend. I find them to be personal and fair, and I think that they really care about their employees. This has proven time and time again to me since starting with them.

I am sure I will be blasted for actually liking the company I work for, being happy with what I am paid and (gasp!) still loving transcription after 26 years!

Totally agree! - AnotherHapppy KSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with Keystrokes going on 5 years now and they have never let me down. While the tiered pay system wouldn't have affected me since I am FT on a very high producing account, I am very happy to see that they have decided not to go that route after all. That just proves that they put the needs of the MTs before themselves. You will not find that to be the case with many other companies! Keystrokes truly is one of a kind!

hehe; just a simple comment; I do not see nastiness there. - calling it nasty is, well, nasty on your part. Ty

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
typical. - I see this so often with the squad.
[ In Reply To ..]

yes, the sleeve always has something else up it. - -

[ In Reply To ..]
I posted the "really? that's good" message above. I did not add that it was not a happy ending at the hospital. The rate increase did happen, a year later, this time with a huge pay cut attached-- so double whammy. In the intervening year, though, I had time to "get my ducks in a row," because you'd have to be blind to think that the cut wasn't happening eventually. I socked my money into savings like crazy, warned others to do the same (that went over like a lead balloon-- who wants to be lectured about spending habits), tried to engage others in thinking about an alternative career (also went over like a lead balloon), and pretty much considered myself on the "home stretch" without knowing exactly where the finish line was. The finish line did suddenly appear, a year later. Our job "as we knew it" with certain production and pay scales, was gone forever. I have never seen such a drastic re-invention of any job by management. New procedures, new lower pay, new higher quotas, new schedules, new QA with 15% paycheck cut for the 2 weeks that QA was under 98%. The tears of happiness that I shed a year earlier, would have been tears of anguish, if I had stayed. Fortunately, I was in a good place, mentally and financially, to quit. Some others were laid off at the same time.

This is just a bit of advice that "policy changes" do not come this close, as they have at KS, just to vanish forever. Take this time to get yourselves prepared. At the hospital, everyone was happy as a clam that last year, and I sounded like a doom-saying dorkhead, but at least I took care of myself. Some others almost went into shock when the policy changes did happen-- insomnia, tears, frantic bill-rearranging, long pleading emails to management, to no avail. So if KS people have dodged the bullet now-- enjoy the good working conditions that they are letting you keep, AND prepare for a possible bad scenario later.

I'm not sure why people don't take good advice. Maybe I sound lecture-y. But I think it's human nature to enjoy a sunny day and not think about future thunderstorms. It should be possible to enjoy today AND have a shelter for bad weather later. Thanks for reading!

To these happy KS people, the ONLY reason they SM - oh my so naive

[ In Reply To ..]
gave it up is because they were losing so many people.

Do you think they sat down and considered how much they were hurting their people? Nope. All they saw were resignation notices being given and freaked out.

I am a lead over several accounts and only had 1 person give notice. (long post) - KS Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
talk to several other leads regularly, as well as the coordinator. At first, we were worried about people leaving but from what I understand, it was less than 10 people total. The person on my team that gave notice only worked 6 hours a week and called in more than she worked, so it was not a big deal.

Being a lead, I have had a chance to see things from both sides. I understand the need to make cuts and understand that the MT's who are very part time cost the company money. What I don't understand is why MT's are hired for full-time, work out a full-time schedule with the lead and then change it before they even start. Or better yet, someone has 30 years of experience who says they can do 2500 lines a day never does more than 200 lines a day for a year because she has every excuse under the sun of why she cannot work a full-time schedule. This has happened on the easiest account I have ever worked on, one that others really do 2500 lines a day.

While many people think that the employers are all liars, and some are, but I have seen employees that are not what they present themselves to be.

Unless you have worked with the managers at Keystrokes in a management capacity, you have no idea what they talk about at meetings. I do, and most people would be surprised how employee satisfaction really is priority. I am very impressed and am proud to say that I am celebrating my 8th anniversary with Keystrokes this fall. I have watched them grow and change and evolve, always for the benefit of the MT. I have seen them drop accounts that were garbage, and I have heard them talk about new programs that really happen.

If they really wanted to cut costs and didn't care about employees, they would have had a massive lay-off, and canceled benefits such as insurance and PTo. That's what my husband's office did and what so many companies have done over the past two years in my area. Pretty much everyone I talk to has a family member or close friend who is out of work, can't find work and is losing or has lost their home.

I am grateful for a good job with a good company. Are they perfect? No. Are they better than most of the other large MTSO's? Yes, most certainly. I think that transcription in general has changed so much that it is making many MT's bitter, but that is no reason for everyone to think that the sky is falling or that every company is bad.
why is it you are so quick to answer a post the moment it is posted ... - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Sorry, not me. I don't usually post because I don't like the evil people who respond. - KS Lead
[ In Reply To ..]
Anyways, the post I responded to was from more than an hour ago; I saw it when I took a break. Pick a fight with someone else. I need to get back to work.

They are a great company and a relief to work for. - atagirl

[ In Reply To ..]
Though I was not really affected by the changes, I am pleased that KS decided to shelve the program.

They aren't, but if you're happy that is all that matters. nt - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Keystrokes is awesome! - IloveKeystrokes

[ In Reply To ..]
I love working for Keystrokes. I have been with them for almost 3 years. I will continue to work for Keystrokes for the rest of my career. I could not ask for a better company to work for!

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes- Anything About This Company?
Sep 07, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company?  Do they pay on time?  ...

Keystrokes - What Is The Deal With This Company
Jun 22, 2011

What is the deal with this company.  They put an ad out like they are desperate for help and don't even respond either way? Is it a joke or for real?   ...

Keystrokes - They Are A Good Company Or Not?
Oct 10, 2010

Anyone know anything about Keystrokes whether they are a good company or not? ...

Keystrokes - Looking Into Applying To This Company
Jun 16, 2011

I'm looking into applying to this company.  Can a current employee tell me which of their various platforms are true word-based?  They list meditech, Chartnet, powerscribe, allscripts, scribe.  I also understand that they just bought out 2 other companies that may include multiple other platforms.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  ...

My Company Is Being Bought Out By Keystrokes
Mar 31, 2011

My company is being bought out by Keystrokes.  Do any of you currently work for Keystrokes?  If so, what do you think about the company?  Should I be worried? ...

Keystrokes - A Good Company Gone Bad Sm
Apr 03, 2011

KS seems to be getting lower and lower in the popularity with emplooyees test. I worked for them once but left for the reasons everyone is talking about.  There was no communication. The owner was never truthful and everyone is afraid of her because of her horrible temper tantrums. The accounts are overstaffed - you might get put on another account but it will be overstaffed too. The only accounts that are not overstaffed are the terrible ones that no one wants to work on and it is imp ...

Keystrokes Transcription Really Is A Bad Company
Aug 30, 2011

They just informed their employees that effective immediately they were changing the pay dates from the 3rd to the 17th. This when our payday is the first so now it is going to be late. Way to go Keystrokes! ...

Keystrokes Top Notch Company
Oct 17, 2014

I have worked with Keystrokes for almost a year and I want to say that they are a top notch company.  The leads are wonderful to work with.  The work is there and if ever I need help with anything someone is always there to help.  IT department are great at their jobs.  I love my job!!! ...

Keystrokes Good Company To Work For?
Jan 05, 2010

Can anyone tell me how Keystrokes pays and if they are a good company to work for? ...

Keystrokes - Good Company To Work For?
Mar 16, 2011

Can anyone tell me if this is a good company to work for ...

How Good A Company Keystrokes Is To Work For?
Oct 20, 2013

Does anyone know how good a company Keystrokes is to work for?  I tried doing a search of the archives on the company board but couldn't find anything.  They've got a QA position I was thinking of applying for.  Thanks for any and all information. ...

Keystrokes - Give Me The Good And Bad On This Company?
Jan 08, 2014

I applied, got an email to test. Can anybody give me the good and bad on this company? If you can guestimate pay for me, that would be great as well! I have 10 years of experience. After I applied, I read some posts on here that were a little worrisome. I want to get some more input before I test. Thank you!     ...

Keystrokes Just Bought The Company I Work For. Are All Small Companies Being Sold?
May 31, 2011

I like that I will be an employee and that the office people are staying on with them.  I hope that this is good and that they don't try to get rid of us; I really love the account I am on.  Anyone else from MED-X here? ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

Keystrokes....
Nov 05, 2009

I know that there have been many negative posts concerning Keystrokes.  Is this Meditech platform that they use difficult to catch onto?  ...

Keystrokes 100% QA
Feb 15, 2010

I'm new to Keystrokes and just found out I barely didn't pass my very first audit to get off 100% QA.  Does anybody know how long they give you to get this 98% passing score before they fire you? ...

DD For Keystrokes?
Jul 01, 2010

I have given notice but including today have 2 checks coming.  To my surprise, the deposit is not in my account today. Has anyone else not gotten their DD from Keystrokes? ...

Keystrokes Help
Apr 27, 2010

I was wondering if anybody knew who I'd contact about trying to add secondary accounts to work on.  I've sent a couple of emails out but I'm not sure I sent them to the right people. ...

Keystrokes Job
May 28, 2010

Read the job opening for Keystrokes and also talked with the recruiter.  Can anybody here who works(ed) for and Keystrokes give real, hands-on experience for working for them?  I've had many instances where how it really is isn't how the recruiter said it would be and don't want to get burned again.   I'd really like to know the good and bad about the company upfront before I decide whether or not to accept the job.  Please don't ...

Keystrokes And VR?
Aug 27, 2010

Does anyone know if Keystrokes uses VR?  I am working with VR at the currently company I am working for and I don't like it.  I'm considering applying with Keystrokes.  ...

KEYSTROKES AGAIN!!
Jun 18, 2011

Seems some companies just do not learn after being sued for unpaid overtime.  Here is another one filed on June 2, 2011 - Whitaker v Keystrokes Transcription - here is the link http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv03734/256349/1/     ...

Over 90,000 Keystrokes
Nov 10, 2010

and QA dings me for one.  Unbelievable.  That's what it averages for 1400 lines a day full-time.  Even with 3 cups of coffee and an office chair seat belt, it's no easy feat.  Ninety-thousand keystrokes PER DAY.  That's not including the ADT, the Internet look-ups, etc.  Throw me a bone here, QA. How many keystrokes to you do, PERFECTLY?? ...