A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Goodbye, Diskriter - me1

Posted: Nov 28, 2014

The S-account is fully functional and also going with another vendor as of next week and we got, what was it, 5 days' notice?  We knew it was coming but thanks much (not), Diskriter, for giving us that notice, it being holiday time and all.  Oh well, on to plan B.  Good luck coworkers.  It's my last night tonight, probably my last night transcribing after 38 years.  Can't wait to pack up this company PC and get rid of it.  I could really party if I could just retire but oh well...

Diskriter - Ex-DR

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck, I gave everyone warning last year.

How did you know? - nobody

[ In Reply To ..]
It took me by surprise. What kind of things led you to suspect that such a thing was coming? I did notice that emails from my supervisor had completely dried up and I felt that something was up. Had no clue it was this though.

Well, that's Epic for you - me1

[ In Reply To ..]
but the new vendor part was sure news to me. Guess the hospital wanted Diskriter out completely (?) The hospital's news about Epic and what they hoped to accomplish over time can be traced in their newsletters. We just didn't know when exactly. Once they bring in Epic, guess it's truly only a matter of time.

I've worked at two different places where once - Epic came in, everyone was let go.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
It happened to me - Jeri
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for a mid-sized company, had a fabulous hospital account, always plenty of work, good dictators, all you could want. Then Epic came on the scene and took all the work. I feel your pain.
what is epic, a speech program - CINDY
[ In Reply To ..]
What is Epic, a speech recognition program.
No, not a speech program. - It is an EHR
[ In Reply To ..]
(electronic health record) system where the doctor just points and clicks/chooses from a drop-down menu. The MT isn't needed at all with hospitals switching to Epic since the doctor or scribe inputs all the information.
Thanks for the info - CINDY
[ In Reply To ..]
Isn't that mostly for ER reports or doctor's offices.
No, inpatient too. (nm) - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Diskriter typical - formerDR

[ In Reply To ..]
Worked there a number of years ago and they let us go on Christmas Eve (no advance warning) - except we had a great TL who let us know that they were going to ambush us - she got fired for being kind - so goes the MT business.

I really enjoyed working there...sm - enigma

[ In Reply To ..]
...even though the pay was less than back in the 1990s. Steady work and straight typing and when they put me on radiology I could really get it done, often over 200 lph. Sure do hope I can find someone who needs my skills, either remote or on site.

Similar Messages:

Diskriter :: Enough Work At Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Is there enough work at Diskriter most of the time or feast or famine like other companies? ...

Saying Goodbye
Feb 21, 2013

I was an MT for over 40 years and loved it, first working in physician’s offices, then hospitals, and when hospitals shut down MT department I worked at home. Unfortunately over time, this phased out for me too, as I sat by the hour waiting for work, not making enough to get by. Jobs outside the home were difficult and discriminating, I felt, because of my age. Even retirees as Walmart greeters aren’t so plentiful. Trying to find an answer wasn’t easy with bills piling up and rent o ...

GOODBYE MT/ME
Feb 11, 2015

After nearly 30 years of MT/ME, I have seen this profession circle the drain, going down the proverbial toilet, and I don't even recognize it any more. It's not fun anymore. It saddens me to think how some of the greedy big MT companies totally messed things up for many of us (can you say OUTSOURCING?). True, there are a few that are still making a decent living; consider yourselves very fortunate.  I'm glad I have something else to fall back on and not settle for peanuts.&n ...

I Did It! I Finally Did It! Saying Goodbye To MT! (sm)
Oct 22, 2009

I was notified today that I have been chosen for a job with the local hospital - not doing transcription.  I finally get to say goodbye to no vacation, no sick pay, working 24/7, no pay increase, no recognition for a job well done, having to worry about my own taxes, and just everything that goes along with it, like the lying and back-stabbing from managers *** and owners ***, and having to deal with QA who says they follow BOS, but then makes things up as they go.  Its an 8 to 5 job ...

Goodbye, AHDI!
Jan 13, 2011

When I was a medical transcription student last winter at a local two-year college, most of us students joined AHDI at the encouragement of our instructors. My membership has expired and in today's mail was a membership renewal request from AHDI. I tossed it in the trash. I can't afford the membership because I can't get a job because AHDI supports offshoring of medical transcription jobs. Goodbye, AHDI. ...

Goodbye Transcend!
Feb 01, 2011

Well I did it finally.  I quit Transcend.  I hope they will eventually wake up and realize that VR does not enable you to double your production, but I doubt they ever will.  I realized that after they switched all my accounts over, I really cared so little about my accounts and if I was making mistakes that it was time I left.  I felt absoloutely no loyalty to this company anymore.  They don't care about me, why should I care about them.   I am leavi ...

Goodbye DTS...sorry To See You Sell Out.
Jun 30, 2011

I dread this change to Transcend and doubt very highly it will work out at all for me. Good luck to all the MTs. ...

Time To Say Goodbye....
Dec 15, 2011

I lucked upon my first MT position because of a friend.  The clinic where we worked was closing.  I was a nurse and had just found out I was pregnant and she was our office transcriptionist.  Not many places want to hire a pregnant nurse, so doing transcription seemed to be the answer to my prayers.  Just about the time I was ready to go back to nursing.....ooops pregnant again.  So, I stayed doing transcription for eight years (not nearly as long as most of you on here) ...

Goodbye Snowflakes
Jan 01, 2013

See you again in 11 months!  ...

Goodbye Nuance ..
Jan 04, 2013

I'm going back to full-time at M*Modal.  Maybe not the perfect situation, but they pay 25% more, I never run out of work, and I'm always treated with kindness and respect. Nuance reeks.  Goodbye QA losers.  Goodbye hateful supervisors.  I hope you all rot. Maybe I'll even turn you in to the Labor Board for your illegal practices.  Don't think since you are so big you can't hurt.  The bigger they come, the harder they fall.   ...

Goodbye Meridian
Jan 05, 2013

Meridian was probably one of the last MT companies in the industry with integrity.  They had very flexible schedules, above average pay, always plenty of work, wonderful QA, very reasonable expectations, and respect for their employees.  I had hoped to retire there.  It was very comfortable.  The future does not seem as bright now.  Even if this profession does not completely die, companies like Meridian will soon cease to exist.  It was a good run while it las ...

Goodbye - Nuance
Feb 11, 2013

Goodbye Nuance, cant say its been nice. 4 and 8 just aint so great! 5 and 9 is more inline. Every Sunday is just a drag. One weekend a month has more swag. Your QA is awful, degrading and sad, I'm just plain tired of being mad. Every comma, dot and dash, point me ugly e-mails, stealing my cash! I've had enough so farewell and goodbye. I am going to give an American Company a try. ...

Goodbye Nuance
May 02, 2013

Looking back at working for this scum company, you cannot believe how when I get an email from my new company that I shudder to open it because of the almighty fear of Fiesa that was put in me with Nuance.  I hated opening my email from that company.  It was only about my errors from Fiesa or something TL wanted us to do or just griping about who was or was not working their hours, blah, blah, blah.  I hate to admit this to anyone but I even started smoking again just because it was an outlet ...

Goodbye MModal
Jan 29, 2014

I care too much about what we do as MTs to continue working for this company. If you care too, do what I've done...find someplace else to work where integrity, character, and quality really mean something. If you are an MT that cares about what you do, you are too good for MModal. Go somewhere you will be appreciated for your knowledge and expertise in this field. I'm doing it...so can you. ...

My Turn To Say Goodbye
Feb 20, 2014

I have been envying all of you who have already left, and now it is my turn to say goodbye. I regret leaving all the nice people I worked with but do not regret leaving this company.  I give Nuance a 65% quality score as an employer (failed audit, no bonus, needs mentoring!!) Thank you for all who have posted on this forum. Hearing your stories helped me when I was struggling and thought I was alone.  I hope you all find yourselves in a better place soon!! ...

Saying Goodbye To Nuance
Sep 11, 2014

It's time to move on.  There are things I have learned while at Nuance, and I am grateful to have a job when I really needed it, but I am happy to be moving on. I will not miss editing/retyping a whole report for pretty much nothing, I will not miss fiesa, I will not miss MUP, I will not miss having a million log ins for all the different things Nuance has, I will not miss having to switch between screens when typing a report to verify age, gender, location, dr etc, and I will not miss ...

Goodbye Nuance (and MT)!
Sep 25, 2014

Just finished my last shift with Nuance! I have taken early retirement and "hung up" my keyboard and earphones for good.  Had a great time deleting all the Nuance stuff off my computer!  I've been in this business 42 years; downhill the last 10.  I fell into a great opportunity to do sewing alterations for a bridal shop (which I love) and it's paying better than what MT was, with none of the aggravations.  No more timeclock, no more shifts, no more asking for time o ...

Goodbye M*Modal
Jun 23, 2015

Good morning everyone. I am happy to report that on June 12th I gave my resignation to BR. No 2-wk. notice, and not even 1-day notice. I didn't feel they deserved a 2-wk. notice, afterall, they gave me no notice when they pulled me from an account I'd worked on for years to a "pod" where my pay was severely cut. I am taking 3 wks. off and starting my new job after my 3 wks. off. I'm giving myself a well deserved vacation! I will be doing transcription in-house, among other clerica ...

GOODBYE, SO LONG, AUDIOS!!
Mar 19, 2010

No more going from account to account.  No more nasty QA.  No more pay cuts.  No more VR.  No more off-shoring.  No more testing.  After being in this business for 20 years, no more being told you are not good enough!!!  No more running out of work.  No more sitting at the computer for 10 hours a day for 4 hours worth of work.  No more demands for night and weekend work.  No more OT without OT pay.  No more, no more, no more!  I do not ...

Goodbye MT World, Hello College
Jun 25, 2012

After being an MT for 12 years and wanting to go back to college for the past 2 years, I have finally done it!  I will no longer be an MT as of July 1st, and I couldn't be happier!  I applied and was accepted to WGU and will be getting my BS in Health Informatics. This is a very unique program and my goal is to finish in a year and a half (I had credits transfer in which helps).  Anyone who is interested in going back to college and wants to work in health care with IT, check ...

Just Said Goodbye To Most Of My Accounts With OTI That Went To Mercedes.
Sep 30, 2014

d ...

Goodbye Exclusives - It Has Begun.
Oct 29, 2014

Kiss your exclusives goodbye.  As of right now, I am seeing other people's exclusives and they are seeing mine in their pool as well. The way it works is your exclusives will feed in at the top with higher priority, and then after those, you will see other people's exclusives feeding in at lower priority. So, if someone's exclusives don't dictate one day, or they only dictate a little bit, then that MLS will be all over YOUR exclusives. Yay.  So excited. ...

Goodbye Nuance. And Oh Yeah. You Can SUCK IT. Sm
Oct 21, 2012

I am writing this email to inform you that tonight will be my last night with Nuance Transcription Services. Over my many years in the workforce, I must say this is the first resignation letter I have penned without any sense of melancholy fondness for the job I am leaving behind. No, instead, it is a feeling of liberation from "time served." For the past 7 months, I have put in my time here at Nuance, suffered through many countless hours of horrible voice recognition files, made next to ...

Did Anybody Else Get A Goodbye Letter To The Nuance Family?
Jan 01, 2014

nm ...

Goodbye You Crappy Company. You DON'T Want To Work For Nuance
Nov 22, 2013

I've been gone for a month now.  I feel like bricks have been taken off my chest.  I don't feel the vomit rise in my throat when I checked Fiesa.  I work somewhere else for a little bit less money (about $20 day less), but it is so worth it.  There are companies hiring now. The pay might be a little less than Nuance, but take it.  In other small companies, the people you work for are nice and they care like the company I came from before Nuance.  ...

Just Typed My Last Report Ever And Have Officially Said Goodbye To Nuance - Bitter Sweet
May 07, 2015

Today ends an era of an 18-year career as a medical transcriptionist.  I resigned a couple weeks' back to accept a position outside of the transcription industry.  It is bitter sweet because transcription has been such a huge part of my life and became a part of my way of living.  I won't trash talk Nuance today because it has absolutely no benefit.  After all, I was able to muddle through the changes as well as what I see as unethical policies and procedures and wa ...

Diskriter?
Jul 27, 2010

I am just wondering if anyone has had a problem with Diskriter.   Thanks ...

WHAT Is Going On With DISKRITER
Oct 20, 2011

Anybody know reasons for the strangeness lately?  Seriously... things are a bit well unusual... maybe it is me... ...

Anybody Know What Is Going On At Diskriter?
Nov 06, 2011

Work is low and just a strange sense in the air.  I have my own theories, but would be interested in any ideas.   ...

Thank You, Diskriter!!
Dec 23, 2011

I have been happily working for Diskriter for the past few years, and I just got an amazon gift card for the holidays!  They thanked me for my hard work this year.  I LOVE this company; it is nice to know that I am appreciated!!!   What a nice touch.  Happy Holidays, all! ...