A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Stay away from Diskriter! - BadRad

Posted: Sep 11, 2012

Stay away from Diskriter who has an ad on the Job Seeker's Board. I worked for them and it was THE worst experience of my life. It is a very big hospital they are referring to with lots and lots of facilities associated with it and lots and lots of account specifics. You need to have a certified degree as a rocket scientist to work for them. They chastise you and make you feel worthless. The QA will knock you down, and then you have to waste YOUR time to prove them wrong, which they always were and they NEVER apologize when they do this to you. The Dolby Fusion sound player is ridiculous and very prehistoric. They will send you emails telling you that you "left a job in your player, please get it out." It got to the point where I had panic attacks before I even turned on my computer at the start of my shift for fear of nasty emails or the one that was threatening "Call me before the start of your shift. Do not work until I talk to you." When I left there it was like I got a Get Out of Jail Free card after playing their dumb game. I just dont want anyone else to have to go through all the paperwork and hiring process, background check and drug test only to end up being miserable and have to look for another job. 

all that and a - drug test, too?

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks for the warning, I had actually considered them...

Yes that too! - BadRad

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, they sent me the request slip and I had to go to a participating lab and pee in a cup and wait to show that I did not do drugs. Ridiculousness! I know there are better places to work so save yourself from torture.

BadRad - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I am absolutely against drug testing for MTs. (No, I do not do drugs and never have, unless you count strong coffee.) I believe that this a violation of your civil rights. I would walk away so fast their head would fall off.

I had considered them too but the - 8 cpl turned me away

[ In Reply To ..]
is that the going rate these days? I've been out of the loop for a while since working in-house for a hospital, but they sold us out to an outsourcing company 3 weeks ago. I have 2 more weeks to find something.

Pretty much - FlyingFingers

[ In Reply To ..]
8 cpl is pretty much the standard for MTSO's these days. Sad isnt it? We used to be valued so much more :(
It is sad, not only the 8 cpl but they are hiring as IC for that - no benefits, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
and they want you to work your butt off and pay for all of your stuff yourself at 8 cpl. I used to work for Archivus and they started doing this. I guess they feel they can get a bunch of ICs in there to do the work and cut back on the expense of having to pay for employees. Not to mention they can take you or leave you. No one is a valuable employee anymore. They just get another IC to fill the spot. They don't care. Sorry for that vent. I guess I needed to get that out.
The ad clearly states this is NOT an IC position. - wannie
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I wasn't referring to the ad. I was talking about - going rates
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, my bad. nm - wannie
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I read it that way too. You're not bad ;-) (NM) - sue
[ In Reply To ..]
x

ex Diskriter employee - experienced the same as above

[ In Reply To ..]
and, a couple of months ago after I made a post about being an ex Diskriter employee, someone emailed me and asked who I was and mentioned that the LARGE account she was on at Diskriter was going to Epic and she was fearful of her job. Wondering if they are hiring to replace those jumping ship before it sinks?

Diskriter - msmacd

[ In Reply To ..]
Ditto on the above; we had to do mandatory overtime, 4-5 hours a week, FOR WHICH THEY NEVER PAID!!

I'm probably the one who emailed you... - anon4

[ In Reply To ..]
just figured you for a coworker, no big deal, I'm not supervision and given the times we live in, I understand your not answering me. Yep, folks do come and go for sure on this account. Anyway, I'm still with Diskriter going on 4 years and gotta say I've never been abused in any way by anyone there, knock on wood. Yep, the "S" account is going to Epic and yep, still don't know if they'll be letting us all go. LH is recently gone, no explanation from her or anyone else, just said "take me off your emails," and the lady who now gets a copy instead is Indian. Ominous stuff of course. Have never had a problem with sound quality, feel the "S" account has been very do-able. Pay-wise, I've done more than okay these past few years what with the mandatory OT. Frankly, I feel Diskriter has been a good fit for me and would gladly stay with them and probably won't be leaving Diskriter till they make me leave, ha-ha. God knows what comes next.

I am right there with you - DR MLS

[ In Reply To ..]
Straight transcription, one account, PLENTY of work, and unlimited OT for a while now. Seems like that's what everyone wants.

Yeah, the account specs can be a little challenging, but my priorities are the 3 things above.

I also like the fact that you just can't go rogue when it's not your shift even if OT is approved. They respect and enforce the shift.

Good fit here too, but I can understand how this account is not not for everyone and deinitely not the faint at heart.

Epic scares me, but at least I know it's coming.

Had this happen too - Dolly

[ In Reply To ..]
I had the same feeling of panic attacks before I would work for a certain company. There was a QA Nazi there who made me feel like garbage. One time they changed their software and did not tell anyone, so the process of transcribing reports and sending them was different now. I worked my shift as usual and found out later that the software was different and changed and now the reports did not look like they were supposed to. These reports went right to the client as I was off QA. I told my particular QA person (we all had a mentor) and she started screaming at me on the phone. I was in constant fear of my job. I finally quit working there as I felt it was not worth any amount of money to feel this bad and be treated so awful.

Now I am a QA/Editor and I DO NOT treat anyone like a piece of garbage. There is respect and I always remember how it felt to be treated like that. I am always respectful of others and they do learn and there is no stress, so there is no excuse to treat people like garbage.

I hope this information helps.

They are owned by India - Wah Wah

[ In Reply To ..]
They are owned by a company named ClairSol. They sold out 2 years ago. I left them first of the year because all of Transriter went to India. Sad, Sad, Sad state of affairs, and You cannot trust anyone in management. They are all puppets.

Similar Messages:

Diskriter :: Enough Work At Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Is there enough work at Diskriter most of the time or feast or famine like other companies? ...

Diskriter?
Jul 27, 2010

I am just wondering if anyone has had a problem with Diskriter.   Thanks ...

WHAT Is Going On With DISKRITER
Oct 20, 2011

Anybody know reasons for the strangeness lately?  Seriously... things are a bit well unusual... maybe it is me... ...

Anybody Know What Is Going On At Diskriter?
Nov 06, 2011

Work is low and just a strange sense in the air.  I have my own theories, but would be interested in any ideas.   ...

Thank You, Diskriter!!
Dec 23, 2011

I have been happily working for Diskriter for the past few years, and I just got an amazon gift card for the holidays!  They thanked me for my hard work this year.  I LOVE this company; it is nice to know that I am appreciated!!!   What a nice touch.  Happy Holidays, all! ...

Anybody Know What's Up With Diskriter?
Oct 21, 2013

Anybody know what's up with Diskriter?  Got laid off Friday, now can't get ahold of Hr to retrieve my 401K. ...

Diskriter Anything?
Jul 16, 2014

What can anyone tell me about Diskriter?  How is the QA dept from both the QAS point of view and the MT point of view.  How is the company to work for?  Good and bad ? ...

Has Anyone Seen The Ad From Diskriter On
Aug 26, 2014

They pay 5.5 cents a line for STRAIGHT typing?  Are they insane?  I hope they don't think any of us are THAT desperate.  WTH? ...

Diskriter
Sep 02, 2014

Does anyone have any information or opinions regarding Diskriter?  I was wondering if they were a good company to possibly work for. ...

Diskriter Outsources
Oct 20, 2009

I did not realize that Diskriter outsoursces.   Has anyone else knowledge of this? ...

DISKRITER INFO?
Nov 19, 2009

Any info.  May be looking soon.... ...

I Was Fired From Diskriter ...
Aug 13, 2010

I was fired from diskriter because I had quality but not the quantity. ...

KEYSTROKES OR DISKRITER BEST?
Aug 25, 2010

Any preference between the 2 companies and why?  Please help me make a decision.  ...

Diskriter Info PLEASE
Nov 01, 2010

I'm going to apply with this company and would like to know how those of you who have been there a while like the company. Total honesty please. How often do you run out? Do they communicate well? I hate having to switch companies, but the work load at Webmedx has me extremely worried. I just want to work. I am a faithful employee and look forward to each anniversary with one company, long term, but I can't do this anymore. ...

Considering Applying To Diskriter
Nov 15, 2010

I am considering applying to Diskriter.  I just received an email with some questions.  I am wanting to know any info on the criminal background check.  I had some hot checks about 7-10 years ago and paid them off then, but am worried about this background check and also my credit is not that great.  Could someone please clue me in?  Also, do you need to take a picture of your desk/work area to work there?  I have a alcove in my bedroom where I do my work since I live in an apartment.  I ...

Anything About Diskriter Out Of Pennsylvania?
Nov 22, 2010

Does anyone here work for or know anything about Diskriter out of Pennsylvania? I'm thinking about applying with them, and I don't see any previous comments about them. ...

M Modal Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Any opinions/experiences on M Modal platform at Diskriter or on the company itself? ...

The Demise Of Diskriter
Feb 11, 2012

As a long time MT at DR, I find the undoing of Diskriter to be most upsetting.  Anyone else have any thoughts?  People have left in great numbers and continue to leave.  Global has taken all but a small amount of our work in TR....and those in management could care less about us.  I am moving on, but just wondered if others have had this experience?   ...

Diskriter Deception
Mar 21, 2012

More people laid off today and people still being lied to...outright lies.  I just cannot wrap my head around the whole idea that the people in management are telling the lies and executing them daily, yet saying otherwise when asked...or giving some canned response that is a total bluff.  Sad, Sad, Sad!!!!  AS they say...karma is a ______ Good luck to all of those who have suffered and lost their jobs under this playskool regime. And to India....You may type it for 1 cpl and the ...

Diskriter Lay-Offs
Apr 03, 2012

So how many others have been laid off from Diskriter?  Thinking the place is going under. ...

DiskRiter Anything Good To Say?
Jun 07, 2012

Have applied at DR, read all the negative stuff on here, is there anything good? Bad situation at present job, hate to jump from the frying pan into the fire, but the pay offered at DR is better. Can anybody help me? ...

Any Diskriter MTs? Are They Hiring?
Apr 17, 2014

x ...

Diskriter Still In Business
May 05, 2014

thought they were long gone.   ...

Goodbye, Diskriter
Nov 28, 2014

The S-account is fully functional and also going with another vendor as of next week and we got, what was it, 5 days' notice?  We knew it was coming but thanks much (not), Diskriter, for giving us that notice, it being holiday time and all.  Oh well, on to plan B.  Good luck coworkers.  It's my last night tonight, probably my last night transcribing after 38 years.  Can't wait to pack up this company PC and get rid of it.  I could really party if ...

TTS - Stay Away
Feb 04, 2010

Stay away from this place.  They have no technical support and terrible communication. I tried to work with them for 3 weeks and was never able to work without problems.  The owner told unemployment that my issues were normal technical issues, resulting in my benefits being suspended.  I also spent money on software and upgraded my ISP and she's saying I didn't give enough effort! It's been my past experience that when I start with a new company platform that after a few days ...

Why I Stay
Aug 23, 2010

As much as I hate it here, I feel like I am trapped here. I am getting ready for major surgery and need the insurance. I can't afford to go to another co. and wait for insurance to kick in, plus "pre-existing condition" worries. I could just sit and cry when I start work. NJA and helper pools for hours, plus I don't feel well.  Flame me if you want (usually someone does), tell me how lucky I am to have a job with insurance. I really am beyond caring. Okay, just my private pity p ...

Should I Stay Or Should I Go?
Sep 08, 2010

like many of you, Ive been with MQ for a while, pushing 10 yrs, and like most of you, have gotten spooked by the changes of late.  Mostly the NJA and now the all ME work, which I can finally see, can really be not too much of a big deal. have the chance to either change my status, adding hrs and gaining some PTO, or making a total change and going to another, much smaller company.  Similar MT rate, less for ASR there, no PTO for P/T. feel afraid to make a move either way...is MQ stil ...

Why Do You All Stay?
Dec 27, 2012

I understand all the difficulties involved in trying to get into another line of work but why do so many of you stay month after month when you have no work?  It's not going to get any better.  I have had work but the work is so terrible that I suspect they won't put a lot of MTs on it because they can't handle it.  I've been doing this over 40 years and the work makes me want to cry much of the time.  I'm only part-time and think if I had to do this full-time I woul ...

Should I Stay Or Should I Go ?
Feb 13, 2013

So, the long and short of it.  I have been an IC for the last 15 years.  I have typed for orthopods, general practioners, neurologists, dermatologists, and have done 2 years of acute care (both in-house and at home).  After transplanting to TX and losing my full-time job in MI, I've been searching for that "perfect" transcription job.  I love being an MT .... love the work, the flexibility, etc ... and have been told on many occasion that I am good at what I do ...

Stay Or Go?
Mar 23, 2014

Having a hard time deciding whether I should continue working for MM until they go under and have to lay off everyone and I could collect unemployment or if I should just leave, thereby leaving behind all the stress and frustration that I feel daily. I do not necessarily need the $, but it does help pay some bills. If I stay, I would have to do some training for Fluency and switch to VR from straight transcription. I know my pay will be cut drastically with this change. I'm not sure I ...