A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Insurance premium went up! - Bee

Posted: Jun 16, 2012

I'm so disgusted.  I carry health/dental/vision on myself and my husband, and my premium just went up 30.00 a pay period...that's 60.00 more monthly!!  I pay entirely too much for just us 2 as it is, but we have need for meds, and being without is not an option.  My husband is in between jobs.  Just needed to vent.  Insurance just should not cost this much.  It's disgusting what comes out of my check!!

My premiums are up too! - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
Our premiums went up to over $1100 just for medical and dental. I cannot even afford the vision. I am transcribing so many accounts just to pay the premiums that I do not have time to get treatment!! I feel for you. I wish I were an employee instead of an IC

Even though I have company insurance, I can't - afford the copayments, so - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I rarely go to the doctor or dentist. Same with vision, and my glasses are about 13 years old, and I can't see out of them anymore.

About vision insurance and eye exams... - anon4

[ In Reply To ..]
I've had very good luck these past few years getting my eye exams at Target or Walmart, then taking the prescription and getting the eyeglasses online. Very happy with my eyeglasses from Zenni or Global, and I do need bifocals. Just don't be a sucker for all the "extras" and try a cheap pair. They run specials on nice frames. I'll never pay hundreds of dollars again for my glasses. I only paid a total of 28 dollars for my last pair, including shipping and again, I'm very pleased with the results.

I feel for you guys! Ours was up - ggmt

[ In Reply To ..]
last year, but thankfully this year they have done really good for us. They had done away with the copayments and our deductible was $3000 per person, but this year we have our copays back, $500 deductible, and our payments went down. One good thing for MMODAL! Yay!

See message - Bho

[ In Reply To ..]
Didn't MModal grow significantly this year?

Might it be true then that insurance is cheaper and better when the participation is higher?

Makes sense and VERY happy for you!!

pay my own private insurance - BeenThereMT

[ In Reply To ..]
We have no dental or eye care insurance -- just pay cash. To save on the monthly premiums, we have a $3500 deductible each, plus a 20% coinsurance, with a max $7500 out-of-pocket. The prescription plan has it's own deductible, and even with mail order had high copay, so it was cheaper to use a big box mail order and not use the insurance. Hence, we don't see our family physician unless we're desperate and every 12 - 18 months in order to get prescriptions filled. Except for what a catastrophic event would create financially, it's very tempting to drop health insurance altogether. The insurance premiums for all the companies go up every year, and there are limited options if you are past your 20s and have any preexisting conditions.

Similar Messages:

Groceries Or Insurance Premium
Aug 11, 2012

Thanks to open enrollment, just cancelled all medical insurance/benefits to keep $188 per month from being taken from my pay which is too meager to afford the insurance premium AND food.... ...

Transtech Health Insurance Premium ?
Dec 12, 2010

Hi, does anyone know if the health plan for family quoted for Transtech Medical is monthly or per pay period?  I saw for the plan 3, $500 deductible, $375 something and was wondering if that was per pay period for family or per month? ...

3rd Paycheck In July - Health Insurance Premium
Jul 25, 2011

Friday will be our third paycheck of the month.  They should not take out insurance premium.  Does anyone know for sure??? ...

I Need Info On Transtech And SoftScript Insurance (single Premium And Coverage).
Dec 06, 2010

nm ...

Cobra Premium
Feb 18, 2010

Does anybody know how much the full Cobra premium would be if you didn't qualify for Obama's subsidy after leaving MQ? ...

4th Of July Premium Pay
Jul 08, 2012

Did anyone receive holiday premium pay from Transcend side for 4th of July?  I did not receive any holiday bonus for working 8 hours that day. ...

Windows 7 Premium Vs. Professional..please Help....
Aug 16, 2014

The computer I just bought has Windows 7 premium.  Now I'm wondering if most companies want the professional edition?  Ugh, then I'd have to buy that separately.  Can anyone tell me if companies mean premium home version or professional version when they say Windows 7 required?  TIA! ...

WIN 7 Home Premium And Stedman's Software
May 17, 2010

Hi, I am getting a new computer tonight and need to know if any of you are using Win 7 Home Premium with your Stedman's software?  It says at Microsoft that to use older XP programs we need to have Win 7 Professional, but if I can use Win 7 Home Premium and save myself $100 I'd rather do that!  Also I wonder if my Instant Text Pro will work with Win 7 Home Premium too, anyone know?  Thanks!  ...

Wellness Payroll Premium Reduction
Mar 05, 2015

Does anyone know what kind of reduction you get for filling out the Health Risk Assessment.  Thanks in advance. ...

Insurance Question. If I Sign Up For Insurance Sm
Apr 15, 2010

and family member wishes to join later, can I enroll at any time or must it be during "official" enrollment period?    Thank you.  ...

Landmark Insurance - Insurance Cards Yet?
Jan 13, 2011

Has anybody received their insurance cards yet? ...

Landmark Insurance - What Is Happening With Our Insurance?
Jan 24, 2011

What do other LMers think of what is happening with our insurance?  I am the head of our household and am worried.  What do we do when COBRA runs out? ...

Nuance Insurance Or Obama's "marketplace" Insurance
Oct 17, 2013

Hmmmmmm, should I go with Nuance insurance or Obama's "marketplace" insurance - that is the question. I'll be broke either way. ...

TT Insurance...
Dec 30, 2009

Just curious if anyone currently working at TT has received their new insurance info in the mail?  Yes, I've contacted HR but I never get a response. Thx ...

FYI Regarding Insurance
May 17, 2011

I don't know if yall know this, but I found out during the process of appealing an insurance claim that MedQuist is self-insured.  They set our rates and our benefits and pay all our claims, United Healthcare just administers the fund!  Kind of explains why things got so sh***y so fast, it's because MedQuist is calling the shots ...

MQ Insurance
Jul 12, 2011

Just wondering, MQ says that there insurance is second to none.  So, how good is their insurance and how expensive?  TIA Looking for love in all the wrong places, apparently. ...

So If You Are Ex JLG Now Do You Just Not Have Any Insurance Or What
Oct 02, 2011

Do we have to wait 90 days just like when hired on at a new job? I don't understand how this is fair considering I didn't ask for a change.  ...

Insurance-fed Up
Feb 16, 2012

I have had to use this insurance several times for MRIs.  This insurance pays for NOTHING.  I sure hope with the switch in suits and the new name change we can get a cheaper deductible when the benefits package comes up again in June.  This is just horrible!  This is eating up my paycheck fast. ...

LTD, STD Insurance Up
Mar 13, 2012

Did anyone else's insurance go up on LTD and STD insurance rate on the last paycheck.  These insurance companies are nickel, diming and $100 their way thru our pay. ...

Gap Insurance
Apr 06, 2012

message deleted ...

Insurance?
Nov 07, 2012

I just went over the NEW (using the term loosely) insurance for January.. wow.. there is not much change to mention.  Well, except that smokers will have to pay more.  We will still have to pay (single) 2500.00 out of pocket before they will even pay the 75% (my heart goes out to those with families!).  I dont know about the rest of you, but that just dooms me to no benefits to speak of or else to just owe out the wazooo.  I had been told by my physician that I had ...

Insurance And Rx
May 02, 2013

I just read the insurance thread and one of you mentioned having no Rx coverage. Go to www.goodrx.com    I've gotten deals there that are far better than what I was getting through my insurance (current plan does not include Rx coverage).  For instance, my BP medication was $95 cash, $50 insurance, and $33 through GoodRx.   ...

How Much Is Insurance
Aug 01, 2014

How much is the premium for health insurance for individual with Nuance? ...

Insurance With LM
Jan 18, 2015

Did anyone get the insurance through LM or did all that fall through?  No one ever contacted me about it.  Just curious.   ...

AP Insurance
May 01, 2015

Was anyone able to find an answer regarding AP's insurance?  ...

Health Insurance For SE
Oct 14, 2009

Hey folks.  Does anyone know of a group health insurance coverage I can get even with preexisting issues?  My company doesn't offer it.  I've thought of switching companies but all the other ones sound so awful.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ...

E&O Insurance Coverage For IC MTs
Oct 17, 2009

Does anyone know anything about E&O insurance coverage for IC MTs and if it will be required by government in the year 2010?  A recruiter told me this morning that her company would require this coverage since the U.S. government will require ICs to have this coverage in February of 2010.  Did I understand her correctly?  If so, does anyone have any idea how much this would cost? ...

Transportal -- E&O Insurance
Oct 18, 2009

i had a job interview with Transportal's recruiter this past week and one of the things she mentioned is the fact that they will require ICs to purchase Errors and Omissions insurance.  She said that  by February 2010 the government would be requiring all IC medical transcriptionists to have this coverage.  Have they told their current employees/ICs about this and, if so, does anyone have any idea what it costs?  It sounds like a good company and the job offer is definit ...

Liability Insurance For IC's
Apr 12, 2010

Any ICs out there that have been told they have to carry "liability insurance" that also covers HIPPA breaches?  I feel this job is costing me more money than I can make anymore.  Plus, they tell me when I can and can't take off, when I have to work, etc. and even call me on weekends when TAT is running out and I'm off.  Of course when I do take off, I don't get paid and am told I have to make the time up.  What the heck?  Anway, back on subject, anybody have the insurance an ...

Health Insurance As An IC
Oct 21, 2010

I am considering becoming self employed (after a fashion) as an IC.  I have gone onto www.healthcare.gov and gone through the steps they advise when you want to take out private insurance.  Holy cow, the insurance plans offered varied in premium cost from $600 to $4000 per month for a family of 4, but the thing that got me was two items:  Maximum out of pocket for individual: 0$.  Annual deductible for individual: 0$.  Woohoo.  This just seems too good to be true.&n ...