A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I checked posts and a lot of messages said this company paid "above average" ...sm - Future McDonalds employee

Posted: Jul 02, 2012

so I applied ...... 7-1/2 cpl ST, 3-1/2 for VR.  Sigh.   In 1982, I made 10 cpl for a gross line.  I realize those days are long gone, but soon I will be flipping hamburgers.

Which company is this? I applied to one and have to take a test tomorrow. - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't want to waste my time with same pay companies.

Me too - another future McDs emp

[ In Reply To ..]
This is the realization I am making too. I finally did the math today, and it is depressing. I just started for MModal a few weeks ago, and just began to learn the speech rec program this week. I had no idea so many reports were on it, essentially my pay will be 4 CPL. Other than 1-2 reports a day! :(

Same thing happened to me - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
As soon as I learned the VR program, I only got 1 or 2 straight typing reports a day after that. Needless to say, I left.

MModal/Medquist/McDonalds - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Yet this company is one of the biggest and among the 'last ones standing' and only 4 cents a line..oh. but they tell you it is the 'going rate.' Going to homeless. The difference between this and McDonald...not much, same difficult factors in understanding the ESLs.

Similar Messages:

What Is Average Hourly Rate Paid By Major Healthcare System
Oct 26, 2011

for transcriptionists.  Always been paid by line count production and now I am looking at an hourly rate.  Company won't tell me pay rate until interview.  Afraid that it will only be like $10 an hour and don't want to bother with interview if it will be too low.  ...

I Have To Comment On The Below Posts About Not Getting Paid For Standards...
Jan 06, 2010

I'm going to test this out myself the next time I use one.  If this is true, sure would explain my slightly plummeting line count from usual no matter how hard I try.  That would be some BS for sure.   Makes you wonder why they make that "rule" that we are not allowed to make our own expanders from their standards!!!!  AHA!  Well, they have no way of knowing, so that is EXACTLY what I am going to do if I find out we aren't compensated for those standards. ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

Has Your Company Ever Responded To Posts On Here Via Email?
Feb 15, 2013

I was just wondering if some of these companies read what people say and perhaps, a BIG maybe, they take it into consideration.  Has your company ever sent a group email out about something they read on here?  I know at Landmark, one time a long time ago, someone came on here and made accusations that she was not paid by them.  The owner send an email to us, letting us know that she was an upset former employee and they have never not paid anyone, ever.  Just wondering if oth ...

Min Wage Paid By MT Company
Oct 14, 2013

I was told last year when I worked (briefly) for an MT company that we had to clock out if we had an out of work situation because, technically, we were employees of that company which meant we had to be paid never less than min wage. Now I find myself working for that same company again, and a bunch of us are just about to get our first production pay checks from them, and I want to know if everyone out there who is pay by production at an MT company is getting paid AT LEAST min wage? I mean, i ...

Need Help, Former Company Has Not Paid My Last Two Checks
Oct 28, 2013

I recently lost my job due to them losing all of their clients. They have not paid me for my last two checks and they are stating that they don't have the money because the clinic did not pay them, but that they would pay me when they had the money. Today when I emailed them to get an update I got an automated response saying this email is no longer valid because the company was closed. I just want to know if there is anything I can do to get my money out of them or will it end up costin ...

I Have Tried Contacting The Mods About This Company That Has Not Paid
Dec 08, 2014

me yet.  They are a week late.  I will be saying the name if this company does not have my pay to me by TOMORROW.  I have an attorney, but I want to let the mods know I will name names if I do not hear from them quick.   ...

Are any negatives messages posted here making you target for layoff???? ...

Cannot See Messages
Aug 19, 2014

All day long, there messages have not been coming up.  Just the name of the forum, but no threads.  I am hoping the mod will see this message and see what can be done. Thanks! ...

I'm An IC And Get Rude Messages From QA?
May 22, 2012

I don't even really work "for" these people and I get emails that are not only unprofessional but extremely rude.  So after working for 12 years with this company we get a new QA and she thinks she can blast me because I've been in the hospital and didn't work for a week? Yes, I'm very mad. ...

What's Up With All Removed Messages Here?
Oct 12, 2014

Xx ...

Okay Now I KNOW I Have Posted TWO Messages
Nov 13, 2014

and both have disappeared!  I want to know WHY!!!! ...

Cannot Post New Messages
Mar 09, 2015

Which Messages Are Right? The Positive Or The Negative?
May 11, 2010

Let's say you have worked for a company and you're happy. You're probably going to post positive things. Let's say your co-worker got negative feedback from QA or even got fired. The messages that co-worker writes are going to be completely different from yours. Which messages are right? ...

Why Cant I Delete My Posted Messages
Jun 28, 2010

Just wondering. ...

TO THE MODERATORS - Why Can't I Delete Messages?
Sep 05, 2010

Edit/Delete only lets me edit, and even then it won't accept my password.  I use the same one every time.  Thanks. ...

Messages Not Turning Purple
Mar 17, 2012

The messages stopped turning purple after I click on them. How can I get them to stay purple. I asked this the other day, and someone was kind enough to tell me to delete cookies, which I did, but the messages are still staying blue. I have Internet Explorer 9. Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :o) ...

How Do You View Older Messages?
Apr 24, 2013

(Like, say, from yesterday). ...

Beware Of YouTube Messages Sent On Facebook.
Mar 18, 2010

I just spent 3 hours on the phone to get rid of a virus I picked up on Facebook.  My aunt had sent me an email to watch a video on YouTube, but when you go to it there is a message that you that you need to update Adobe.  That is when it attacks.  It sends you to different websites when you try to go to McAfee, Microsoft, etc.   It is called Koobface.  Be careful, I had it on both my desktop and laptop.  ...

Okay, This Is Getting Ridiculous. Who Can Delete Messages Besides The Moderator?
Jun 26, 2010

I posted twice on this board asking specific questions. Both were deleted. Why? I recieved no message from the moderator, so what's going on? Can anyone answer? ...

How Come There Are SO Many Messages Posted To The Wrong Boards Lately?
Nov 18, 2010

Messages are appearing on the main board for word help, questions about companies, and those looking for jobs. Messages are posted on the Job Seeker's board for questions about companies.  Is there that many new people on this board that haven't read the guidelines or checked the different boards out before posting or is everyone just in a hurry and decide to post wherever or whatever board they are on? Sorry, people, but I'm in a bad mood today and when I go to t ...

BOF/EOF Error Messages With EbeyondTXT With Nuance
Oct 08, 2013

I am curious to see if any other transcriptionist who works for Nuance have had problems with EOF/BOF error message at the end of completing a job to send through? ...

Question For Moderators. I Have Posted 2 Messages In The Last
Sep 25, 2014

24 hours specifically checking the box notify me at the above email.  I have checked on my posts and both received responses, however I never got a notification email.  Is this a glitch?  Just wanted you to know so you could check on it. ...

OK, I Checked My Statistics For
Mar 04, 2010

1-1/2 days of work.  Out of 50 reports I sent 4 to QA (none of which were able to be filled in by QA). The reports I sent to QA totaled over 200 lines!  I did the calculations (lines done divided by lines sent to QA x 100) and I came in over 10%. It is a no-brainer...MQ says they trust me to make the decision to send blanks to QA or the customer, so I will no longer be sending many reports (especially the long ones) to QA once this process is put in place.  I was a ...

Frequency Of Being QA Checked
May 25, 2010

How often does your company QA your work? Mine seems like every week.... ...

Checked Ultipro
Dec 28, 2011

Lowest one ever.  ...

Wow. Just Checked The Deenibeeni And Other
Jul 10, 2012

What a kind helpful attitude deenibeeni offered, her taking the time to try and help others, which only opened her up to all the rude obnoxious comments.  No wonder the office environment was not my cup of tea.  Shame upon shame. ...

I Just Checked Out An Advertisement
Jun 01, 2013

It was a full time position as an IC, hourly wage.  Wages advertised were $10 - $11 per hour.  Education qualifications:  MASTERS DEGREE!!!  yeah, like anybody with a Master's Degree is going to type insurance forms for $10 an hour....give me a break!!!  ugh. ...

Just Checked - Red Light Still On
Dec 15, 2014

Anybody care to join me for an egg nog?  Hot toddie?  Hot buttered rum? ...