A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have to comment on the below posts about not getting paid for standards... - Kiki

Posted: Jan 06, 2010

I'm going to test this out myself the next time I use one.  If this is true, sure would explain my slightly plummeting line count from usual no matter how hard I try.  That would be some BS for sure.  

Makes you wonder why they make that "rule" that we are not allowed to make our own expanders from their standards!!!!  AHA!  Well, they have no way of knowing, so that is EXACTLY what I am going to do if I find out we aren't compensated for those standards.  How many times do we use those standards and not have to CHANGE things.  What a crock. 

I hope everyone will test this out for themselves and come back here and post. 

So typical of this company.....and to just do it w/o informing us.....greasy sheisters!!!!

Can't wait to test this out too! - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
This may very well be the straw that breaks this camel's back.

AMEN on that one!!! How awful! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

If this is true... - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
How much longer are we all going to sit by like morons and let the Q keep screwing us over?

I can't remember a single change over my 16 years, that was made for Our benefit. Not One. First ASR and 20% pay cut, then upping it to 40%. And Team Work. That sure doesn't do a thing for us other than complicate what was once a simple, straight-forward system - eTime. Then we went through the cesspool saga.

They keep dishing it out, and we whine, but we keep taking it.

We never get line rate increases, unless we beg for them, and then IF we're lucky, they'll give us a 1/4-cent increase. What does that come out to, maybe a dollar a day. Big Whoop!

I won't even mention the recent QA/MME abuse.

Paid for standard - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
I checked the one report that I remembered having used a standard. I was definitely paid for it.

Ok, this is what I got - Just passing through

[ In Reply To ..]
I had two reports this evening both using the same standard, same dictator, had to change only test values in standard. The first I used the standard, the second I did not (copied and pasted standard headings)and typed the rest the same as standard...and the line count was the same for both when I checked on DocQmanage in statistics. I am satisfied I get paid for the lines in standards, what a relief.

Thanks for posting that. Yes, it is a relief. - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I'll have to chalk my plummeting line count to something else, like maybe increasing bottle-of-the-barrel dictation.

I guess I was being a little paranoid after reading the post below where someone said a CCM said we were not paid for them. I'm generally a VERY UN-paranoid person except when it comes to this company...........I just hope we didn't give MQ any ideas....haha

Not just you, had me paranoid also - Just passing through

[ In Reply To ..]
and that is why I was happy when that second report showed up (like, how often does that happen when you need it) so I could check. I know some companies do not pay for standards and with all the changes at MQ lately, ya never know.

Ooops, I mean BOTTOM of the barrel, not bottle??? haha - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Don't be silly, not grammar police here. I - Just passing through
[ In Reply To ..]
know what you meant and hate it when people correct other's grammar on here. This should be a place to relax.

Similar Messages:

Audits Posts Comment . . .
May 20, 2010

or am i getting the feeling that after reading some of these posts that certain ones are "targeted" to have regular audits.  have you done something in the past that puts on a "special" list that you are audited on a regular basis?  I have worked for the Q was not audited before (that I know of).  I have been audited twice now in the last couple of months and have passed, but did I do something to become a "chosen one?"  hhhmmmmm ...

Are We Paid For Standards?
Jul 05, 2012

Can anyone tell me if we are paid for standards brought into reports or only what we add to it?  I did a very long OP note yesterday that had a large standard and quite a bit of dictation along with it and am surprised to see I only received 9.38 lines for it.  Something doesn't seem right, I know I type more than 9.38 lines even without the standard!   ...

Do We Get Paid For Pulling In Standards?
Feb 10, 2012

my check was $100 less this pay and I am trying to figure out why.  I know I had some reports with standards so I am wondering if this was why.  Thanks for the help. ...

I Checked Posts And A Lot Of Messages Said This Company Paid "above Average" ...sm
Jul 02, 2012

so I applied ...... 7-1/2 cpl ST, 3-1/2 for VR.  Sigh.   In 1982, I made 10 cpl for a gross line.  I realize those days are long gone, but soon I will be flipping hamburgers. ...

If We Put Something In The Comment Box Without
Mar 27, 2012

checking the QA box, it does not go through QA, right?  I know we are not supposed to put in disparaging remarks, but would "speak up" or "stop mumbling" be considered a disparaging remark? I am so tired of these docs who mumble and cannot be understood...how else will they know we can't hear/understand them if we can't tell them...all they see is the nice finished product not what we have to go through to get them that.    ...

Please Comment On
Jan 21, 2015

about MTs being outsourced.  Scroll down to the bottom to add your comment.  http://www.harlandaily.com/news/news/151371514/ARH-outsourcing-jobs ...

Comment No. 12 At Pittsburgh
Sep 03, 2013

is priceless! ...

ITS - Can Anyone Comment On This Company?
Aug 01, 2014

Any information on this company as far as line counts, pay, etc.  Would appreciate it.  Thanks! ...

Nice Comment From Doctor
May 11, 2010

Just finished a consult from one of my docs, and he's a little hoarse today, but not bad and at the end he says "and apologies to the transcription ladies.  I know my voice is not necessarily the best for dictating today, and thanks for bearing with me." It sure is nice when they acknowledge that there is actually a person on the other end who is listening to them. ...

A Comment On The Swamp Board -- Sm
May 13, 2010

Okay, so in my experience in trying to be compliant on making up time and "switching" swapping time when I had a funeral to attend.   No problem picking up the times, but here is what happens.   When I have had NJA or something happened which required a 30 min here or there I wanted to pick up and make up the hours.   Well, in theory it would seem to be good; but in reality it ADDED hours to my schedule and kept my original 24 hours per week.   This "swap" ...

Comment On Meridian And Their Chartnet
Mar 26, 2012

Can anyone comment on Meridian and their Chartnet, ability to earn, insurance, pros and cons?  Thank you :) ...

Accentus Employees Comment Please.
Nov 05, 2012

what is the work situation so far there now? Notice they posted job opening. I need a job before I lose my mind completely. ...

Can I Make A Comment About The Test Itself?
Mar 11, 2014

I don't see anyone talking about the test itself or working coders or coding students bringing it up, so I will. I went to school for coding, got certified and could not find a job. That aside, the A and P portion of my schooling was extremely intense. I have been an MT for 15 years and I had no idea how lacking my knowledge of A/P really was. I figured just because I was an MT, it would be easy. Boy was I wrong. I would encourage you not to take this test lightly. BTW, I am part-tim ...

CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON SOFTSCRIPT TO WORK FOR
Mar 24, 2014

Posts are from 2008 and up.  Does anyone work for Softscript right now that can share information about this company?  Straight typing or editing.  What is the pay?  Is there plenty of work?   How much ESL?   Thanks much! ...

Question About Comment Seen On This Board
May 18, 2014

I've seen people say drs are fed up with VR. Specifically, how would the poster know that and know it is happening on a broad scale? ...

I Get Paid By The Minutes Typed. Is There Anyone Else Out There That Gets Paid By The Minute.
Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors. Thanks, MeL ...

I Would Like To Comment On The Use One Space After A Period At The End Of A Sentence.
Sep 09, 2010

Over and over on these boards I read angry and disgruntled posts from MTs about how they feel it is only due to greed on the part of their MTSO, or due to some conspiracy carefully crafted by AHDI, that requires one space after a period at the end of a sentence.  One period after the end of a sentence is not strictly an MT standard.   Everywhere in media, print journalism, and academia one space between sentences has become the norm. This, ...

Interesting Comment About Transcend For Investors From
Oct 23, 2010

"SADIF Investment Analytics, announces a new summary due diligence report covering Transcend Services, Inc. (TRCR). The report uses SADIF's powerful StockMarks™ stock rating system and contains important analysis for any current or potential Transcend Services, Inc. investor. Report Summary: Transcend Services, Inc. is a below average quality company with a neutral outlook. Transcend Services, Inc. has strong business growth and is run by efficient management. The trend in Transcend S ...

Can Anybody Comment On Radiology Work At M*Modal?
Jan 08, 2013

Can anybody comment on whether there is steady work or not?  I was told they have plenty of radiology accounts to keep me busy nonstop any hours of the day. ...

To QA: I Got A Comment Back Stating To Place The QA Marker
Jan 04, 2010

I always thought I had been doing that, but I got this message more than once, so I'd like to see if any QA here can clarify this.  CCM has no idea what she means ????  I always understood to place the QA marker right where I hear the blank and that is what I thought I was doing.  Any suggestions or comments as to what could be happening?  I don't want to make the QA's job any more difficult than it already is.....  TIA..... ...

Any Current Employees At Keystrokes Care To Comment
Oct 24, 2012

Any current employees at Keystrokes care to comment on how things are there these days?  ...

Meridian Healthcare Solutions - Care To Comment On How It Is Today?
Oct 30, 2012

Any current Meridian employees out there that care to comment on how it is today? Thanks in advance. ...

OTI: How Would You Like To Respond To The Recent Work Flow Email And Comment?!
Nov 29, 2013

Does A not realize most of us were celebrating Thanksgiving with our family and giving no thought to OTI?!!!!!!! ...

ASR And Standards
Dec 08, 2009

I know the rule has always been if the report type has a standard with more than 6 headings that we can hit F11 and type the job.  Now I sorta remember reading that was changing.  Does anyone know if it has and what the new rule is? ...

VR Standards
Dec 23, 2009

This is just my observation.  I am presently working on VR and have been for about 1-1/2 months.  On my straight typing accounts, we followed the Book of Style and typed verbatim.  VR is a whole different world.  Where as we had to spell out abbreviations in the impression, plan, preoperative diagnoses, etc., with straight typing, on VR we are told to not expand abbreviations.  We are also told that unless the statement makes no sense whatsoever to send it to QA, b ...

FYI - Standards
Jan 08, 2010

Just to let you all know, after talking with my CCM, what happened to me was an error and has been fixed.  We *do* get paid for standards. Sorry if I freaked anyone, besides myself, out with my post. ;o) ...

More About Standards
Jul 25, 2012

Thanks for all your comments about inserting standards but I am not concerned about mistakes in them at audits.  I am at the point where I don't care if I am fired.  The point I wanted to make is that the quality of the standard from the hospital was horrendous yet obviously acceptable because it comes from them yet we are expected to be 99% accurate under the worst possible circumstances.  If this weren't so pitiful and causing so many MTs so much distress, it would be ...

SR Pay Methods/standards
Nov 05, 2009

My hospital is transitioning into SR using APEX. We're being told that they want to base our expect standards on VBC (visual black characters), saying this is "the industry standard".  Are the rest of you on SR/VR paid by VBC, lines, or minutes?  What were the justifications given?  We've been paid for the last 10 years by minutes so aren't thinking this is a good change.  Any feedback would be helpful.  We are a union shop so would love to hear from other ...

Standards/templates
Dec 16, 2010

I've been with MQ for about 2 months now.  I've noticed that many, many of the dictators use what we used to call "standards" or templates.  We just inserted the canned text and made changes where indicated. Is this allowed?  I know some has their own (crtl S), but can I make my own and use them?  ...

Question - Standards/F11
Jun 09, 2011

When a report requires a standard be used and it is an ASR report, if the MT knows what the standard headings are, isn't it acceptable to just type in the headings in the appropriate places within the ASR, rather than pulling in the standard by Ctrl S?     ...