A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do Indian MTs work weekends? - Just wondering

Posted: Nov 19, 2011

My dictations seem a lot easier today on Saturday with a lot of good dictators versus all of the horrible dictators during the week and I was wondering if this could be due to the Indian MTs not working weekends, or maybe it is just my good luck today!

I doubt it - they are so spoiled

[ In Reply To ..]
I hear they get foot rubs and all of their holidays off, unlike us.

Weekends - RJ

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked for another company who sent work to India, I could not figure out the same thing. With another MT who is a friend of mine we did a little research. India is 12 hours opposite our time so it seems that our Friday to Saturday is their sabbath day since many are Muslim. We had crap work during the week, but by Friday evening and all day Saturday, we had good and easy work. In my opinion, they take off for their sabbath day.

Similar Messages:

TAT On Weekends
Feb 04, 2013

Is it just me or has the work gotten out of control across the board on weekends?  It seems like there are lots more S.O.S. e-mails since the merger.  I wonder if people quitting is the reason?  Then again, it could be a combination of that plus the fact that treating us MTs like peons without any say is coming back to bite the higher-ups  in their proverbial buttocks (that's MT for butts).  I know MY motivation to help out on demand when th ...

Weekends Only
Jul 19, 2014

Are there only companies that hire for weekends only?  ...

Mandatory Weekends....why?
Apr 09, 2011

Why do MTSOs require weekend coverage for every one of their accounts? I have 2 and have work up the yin yang during the week but come Saturday, I'm watching paint dry. My MTSO requires 1 weekend day, at least 4 hours. I changed my weekend shift TWICE to work during the "busy" dictation times and I'm still NJA. Now that it's getting nicer outside, I've got plans and wanna have a life again. The higher ups get off every weekend, why can't we, or at least rotate? I do ...

S.O.S. E-mails On Weekends
Dec 15, 2013

Why are we always expected to work extra and catch up on overdue work on the weekends that builds up because there's not enough coverage? Here's an idea:  schedule and/or hire the appropriate number of MTs to cover those two days instead of asking us to make it all better when the weekend panic mode sets in, which is every single weekend lately.  Of course in order to attract weekenders, that would entail actually paying a living wage a ...

NJA. CCM Says We Have To Makeup Time On Weekends
Nov 06, 2009

only.  Is there anything in the handbook about this?   ...

PT Transcenders Working Weekends
Jan 17, 2010

I also was concerned about the statement in the handbook indicating that even as PT we had to put in an 8 hour day on the weekend.  I contacted the appropriate person who informed me that the polices in the handbook are directed to Transcend MLSs that are hired “the normal way,” and not to the MDI MLSs who are coming in via the merger.  Nothing will change about the way you schedule yourself as long as our accounts stay compliant with TAT. Like you, I am also going to b ...

Remedy Tickets On The Weekends
Feb 06, 2014

I work every weekend, and since Christmas there has been little to no work on the weekends.  I tried to do remedy tickets, but the date automatically advances to the upcoiming Monday date, and if I type the date in manually, it gives me an error... and then shows a calendar to chose a date, but all the weekend days are grayed out.  I asked my supervisor about this since I am eligible in my state to get compensated for at least 1 hour of pay, and she tells me you CAN do this, but that w ...

I Hate Holiday Weekends
May 25, 2014

The foreign docs are out in full force,, cannot understand a word they are saying and no American docs to transcribe to help get my line count to anywhere near acceptable range..praying for a lightening strike or an internet failure... ...

Does TTS Have Incentive Pay For 2nd Shift/weekends?
Jul 27, 2014

As an IC, does TTS have incentive pay for working in the evenings and on weekends?  Another company I am looking at does.  Thanks in advance! ...

M MODAL Holidays And Weekends
Feb 14, 2015

How difficult it to get time off on holidays or weekend s? I am struggling with this in their job proposal to me. I don't mind working a couple holidays, but not every single one.  What do they do if you call in "sick"?Why would a company not offer employees some holidays of? I just can't imagine working EVERY holiday.  ...

Nuance - Working Weekends
Mar 27, 2015

Just wondering.  Nuance bought out my old company a while back, and I have always worked Monday through Friday.  Now all of a sudden they say we HAVE to work either Saturday or Sunday EVERY WEEK.  My question is, if I had said no to the weekend as I was hired Monday-Friday, could they have fired me? ...

Part-time, Evenings And Weekends
Dec 26, 2013

Hoping my fellow MTs might know if there are companies that hire for 15-20 hours a week.  I can work both days of the weekends and a couple evenings per week.  It's almost impossible to ascertain this information from companies' websites, and they make it difficult to contact their HR departments.  I appreciate any advice you can lend.  ...

Move Hours To Nights And Weekends Or I Will Be Forced
Aug 21, 2010

Isn't that a kicker?   WHERE IS MY WORK?????   Does anyone know how to manage a workload?  My CCM obviously needs help!  Six months ago, it was "We need Monday hours... move them or else." Four months ago, it was "We need Friday hours... move them or else." Three months ago, it was "We need Saturday evening hours... move them or else." One month ago, it was "I have no Sunday coverage... move hours or else." This month it is "We do not need Monday hours, move ...

Are There Any Companies With Clinic Work Available All The Time - Weekends Included?
Dec 09, 2013

If they may be hiring now, that's even better!  Thanks in advance!  :) ...

Pay For The Indian MTs
Dec 01, 2011

There was a question about MTs pay in India. It is generally dependent on the line count and quality. Direct upload MT transcribing 800 lines per day - Rs. 1.2 (nearly 3 cents)  - 22 working days - Rs. 21,120 (around $600  per month) - greater than 98% accuracy (supposed to be) Only professionals like engineers, doctors, some software guys, etc. get more salary than this. Things are a little different in CBay (Medquist) India.  Irrespective of experience, the MT ...

Indian Vs US QA On ASR
Feb 05, 2012

I just saw a post from last month wondering about what the accuracy level is that Indian MTs have to maintain. On Editscript, expected accuracy is 99% and tolerated accuracy is 98.5%. If your job is marked by QA  as below 98% accuracy, you do not get paid for that job.  Critical/grave/major/minor errors are all assessed per job and factor into accuracy calculations. If you have more than 5 major errors per 2000 lines, you lose the right to work on an account.  Most Indian MTs prod ...

Indian MTs
Jul 03, 2012

Would someone please explain to me exactly why there are so many people in India that can to American transcription? How in the heck are they so proficient in the English language? Heck, 99% of Indian doctors I get couldn't speak a grammatically correct sentence if their life depended on it. I'm not kidding, I would really like to know. ...

Indian QCs
Sep 25, 2012

Does anyone have problems with Indian QCs (scores are good with US QCs), such as thinking that they may be deliberately marking errors where none existed originally?  I've tried to copy my reports to check against them when I get Indian QC feedback, but the platform won't allow it.  How does anyone else handle this?? TIA ...

MMEs On Indian MTs
May 04, 2010

Are any other MMEs out there coming across Indian MTs who conveniently leave out portions of dictation, because they don't understand it?  I'm finding words or phrases left out that are completely clear, but a lot of the time is American slang.  Other times, it seems that they make up phrases to fit dictation they don't understand.  Anyone else? ...

Acusis - US Or Indian ?
Aug 03, 2011

Is this company Indian owned or a US company? ...

Has Anyone Actually Seen Indian Work? Is It Really That Bad? Sm
Sep 10, 2011

In the past, it was stated by editors that the work was exceptionally good, except for some terms used more commonly in the US.  I suppose they have more problems on the consults, which is why I've been receiving 15 minute typed consults lately, but at least I have work.  Can anyone objectively state quality of Indian MTs work?  How many here have actually seen the work they produce?        ...

Just A Note On The Indian MTs
Jul 04, 2012

Have been working for a couple of months for a local clinic and there are 2 large hospitals in our area --- one uses in-house transcriptionists and one uses an MTSO.  I can tell without a doubt which reports come from which hospital.  The ones from the in-house MTs look like a user-friendly, readable report, and the MTs initials are readily available at the end of the report.  The quality is exceptional.  I know most of those MTs personally and they all have more than 10 year ...

Indian Accents
Oct 22, 2012

Does anyone have any suggestions to help with transcribing Indian accents?  Are there any special settings on Express Scribe that might help?  Thanks!  ...

Indian MT Pay Scale
Mar 27, 2013

As best I can calculate, the Indian MTs are started at about $40/week. This is not an error. I looked at both the application from Nuance (which can be found by googling) as well as the exchange rate. So when you see all the "extras" they are offered, try not to be jealous; they can't buy groceries with those extras. Apparently they are as dissatisfied with the management of the MTSOs as are we Americans. The question seems to be how many will continue to work for such low salaries and ...

Why Can't The Indian MTs Do These Crappy- Sm
Oct 04, 2013

Indian dictators and give me some jobs I can understand that don't have to go to QA!!!! ...

Interesting Conversation I Had With An Indian MT
Nov 05, 2009

I received a request to chat on my FB account today.  The person on the other end was an MT in India and he was essentially requesting American MTs to subcontract to him, let him do the work and pay him because (paraphrased) "even if the client doesn't wish the work offshored, there are many ways around this and no one would be the wiser." Anyone else had an encounter such as this?  I did find out he makes about $700/month working 6 days a week, 8 hours a day.  Has an ...

Predictions For MQ After Indian E-mail
Apr 01, 2011

Predictions, next 2 years for MQ: 1.  Another re-structuring.  Most CCMs will lose their jobs, to include middle management. 2.  All old accounts will stay in U.S. unless directed by hospital to go to India (like what happened to my old accounts), but here is the catch:  India management will push for them to go to India! 3.  All easy work will go to India - no exceptions. 4.  All new accounts will go directly to India and only special docs that the Indian ...

Indian Holiday This Weekend
Sep 29, 2011

The only reason there is an incentive running and there is extra work is because the Indian government gives their employees a week off for the holiday and we are expected I mean supposed to be motivated by the incentive to work it for them.  Google the Indian holidays for 2011 and you will see when our next incentive weekend will be- end of October.  Good luck to anyone working, you are welcome to the work I won't be doing. ...

Comparision Of SR Rates Of US And INDIAN MTs
Jun 08, 2012

Simple comparison of SR rates of US and INDIAN MTs (M*MODAL) INDIAN RATES... 0.01492646 U.S. dollars = 0.82 Indian rupees Source:  Google. ...

Email/resume From Indian MT...LOL!
Sep 13, 2012

No, I do not hire or send overseas ANY OF MY WORK, but I just received another resume from an Indian MT with her resume and quoting 9 cpl, which is ridiculous. The way I have been seeing it, with their inflated economy and greed, they will cost just as much as we do in the US and ace right out of the playing field... Why would I want to hire an Indian MT for that price? I would not want to send my work over there no matter what price and would rather go out of business then give them even 1 repo ...