A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

PT Transcenders working weekends - MDIer-to-Transcender

Posted: Jan 17, 2010

I also was concerned about the statement in the handbook indicating that even as PT we had to put in an 8 hour day on the weekend.  I contacted the appropriate person who informed me that the polices in the handbook are directed to Transcend MLSs that are hired “the normal way,” and not to the MDI MLSs who are coming in via the merger.  Nothing will change about the way you schedule yourself as long as our accounts stay compliant with TAT.

Like you, I am also going to be PT and I have also been informed that the time sheet is basically a formality required by the federal government for all employees.  What really counts is the $450 or $900 per pay period.  Remember, as well, that most pay periods will have 11 weekdays with the pay schedule as it is.  I worked for another MTSO who paid the 10th and 25th and it worked out really well because if you had a bad day or two, the extra day or so really helped.

I also believe that we are going to be left on the same accounts we have now, because what advantage would it be for Transcend to move us to new accounts and re-train someone else to do ours?  As far as VR, we were also told that if VR does not fit well for us, we will be put back on straight transcription.  There are numerous accounts (a few doctors that I know of in my accounts) who would not be happy with VR.  Again, Transcend insists that VR only occurs at the client's request. 

I hope this helps to set some minds at ease, at least for now.  I am still holding on with a positive attitude and if I have questions or concerns, I ask my team lead and if she does not know the answer, she sends me where I can get it. 

Thank you for the information sm - MDI/Transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your answer. I have always worked a weekend day and don't mind it, but don't ever put in an 8-hour day transcribing, due to carpal tunnel, I just can't manage that anymore. Right now there is not enough work on my accounts on the weekends anyway to do 8 hours, so that might also be a problem. I turned in my schedule for February and no one said anything, so I hoped it would remain as is, but you just never know. There is some concerning stuff in their policy manual if you ask me. I also am trying to stay positive, but if they are truly "policies" and "not guidelines" as is stated, life is soon not going to be fun for some MDIers who are used to much laxer policies regarding percentage of reports allowed to go to QA, etc.

MDI Weekender - Transcend PT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am also a weekender now PT. I am trying to stay positive as well.

Transcend is the one that pushes the VR! - Nice try!

[ In Reply To ..]
"Transcend insists that VR only occurs at the client's request." Oh, tell me another lie please!

It is Transcend that makes the decision to put the accounts on VR for their benefit, not ours and the client's. They could not wait to get all the accounts over to VR that came with the merger I came with. Think about it, the client does not know whether the account is on VR or not, and does not care as long as their reports are fixed/typed correctly when they get them. It helps Transcend not have to pay out as much to their transcriptionists to fix them up instead of type them. The correct statement they made when I came over is if the client insists not to have VR then they will not put it on VR, but honestly I don't think the client is even aware of it.

The other thing they do to comfort us is if there are too many changes needed to the VR they will put those reports back in training and then put them back when we give up and stop complaining. Eventually on the phone calls people do not ask questions anymore so they will not be lied to or hear a good standard "we're looking out for you" reply.

If your account is going to be moved to BeyondTXT you will be given the song and dance of how great and faster BeyondTXT is. In essence the lies sound great and I fell for the BeyondTXT lie. These are standard lies they tell that you will figure out over time.

Eventually the chickens will come home - to roost

[ In Reply To ..]
One of these days, they will finally wonder where we all went and then, perhaps, they will understand that VR is not what the new toy vendors cracked it up to be. In most cases, you may be able to zip through a few reports but its that one or two reports that slows you down with all its corrections, that impacts your bottom line. Apologies for any grammar or typing errors in this note but I'm not here to worry about that.

Cannot even count how many TLs I have had - in the past year

[ In Reply To ..]
I know a lot of merger people left and the cycling of TLs has me wondering where they are going. It is almost not worth it to get to know them that well since they will be gone in a few months or less.

VR versus offshoring - in the know

[ In Reply To ..]
The clients are not asked about VR at all. They do have a little say in whether or not their work is offshored, but not about being done by voice recognition.

Similar Messages:

Nuance - Working Weekends
Mar 27, 2015

Just wondering.  Nuance bought out my old company a while back, and I have always worked Monday through Friday.  Now all of a sudden they say we HAVE to work either Saturday or Sunday EVERY WEEK.  My question is, if I had said no to the weekend as I was hired Monday-Friday, could they have fired me? ...

TAT On Weekends
Feb 04, 2013

Is it just me or has the work gotten out of control across the board on weekends?  It seems like there are lots more S.O.S. e-mails since the merger.  I wonder if people quitting is the reason?  Then again, it could be a combination of that plus the fact that treating us MTs like peons without any say is coming back to bite the higher-ups  in their proverbial buttocks (that's MT for butts).  I know MY motivation to help out on demand when th ...

Weekends Only
Jul 19, 2014

Are there only companies that hire for weekends only?  ...

Mandatory Weekends....why?
Apr 09, 2011

Why do MTSOs require weekend coverage for every one of their accounts? I have 2 and have work up the yin yang during the week but come Saturday, I'm watching paint dry. My MTSO requires 1 weekend day, at least 4 hours. I changed my weekend shift TWICE to work during the "busy" dictation times and I'm still NJA. Now that it's getting nicer outside, I've got plans and wanna have a life again. The higher ups get off every weekend, why can't we, or at least rotate? I do ...

S.O.S. E-mails On Weekends
Dec 15, 2013

Why are we always expected to work extra and catch up on overdue work on the weekends that builds up because there's not enough coverage? Here's an idea:  schedule and/or hire the appropriate number of MTs to cover those two days instead of asking us to make it all better when the weekend panic mode sets in, which is every single weekend lately.  Of course in order to attract weekenders, that would entail actually paying a living wage a ...

NJA. CCM Says We Have To Makeup Time On Weekends
Nov 06, 2009

only.  Is there anything in the handbook about this?   ...

Do Indian MTs Work Weekends?
Nov 19, 2011

My dictations seem a lot easier today on Saturday with a lot of good dictators versus all of the horrible dictators during the week and I was wondering if this could be due to the Indian MTs not working weekends, or maybe it is just my good luck today! ...

Remedy Tickets On The Weekends
Feb 06, 2014

I work every weekend, and since Christmas there has been little to no work on the weekends.  I tried to do remedy tickets, but the date automatically advances to the upcoiming Monday date, and if I type the date in manually, it gives me an error... and then shows a calendar to chose a date, but all the weekend days are grayed out.  I asked my supervisor about this since I am eligible in my state to get compensated for at least 1 hour of pay, and she tells me you CAN do this, but that w ...

I Hate Holiday Weekends
May 25, 2014

The foreign docs are out in full force,, cannot understand a word they are saying and no American docs to transcribe to help get my line count to anywhere near acceptable range..praying for a lightening strike or an internet failure... ...

Does TTS Have Incentive Pay For 2nd Shift/weekends?
Jul 27, 2014

As an IC, does TTS have incentive pay for working in the evenings and on weekends?  Another company I am looking at does.  Thanks in advance! ...

M MODAL Holidays And Weekends
Feb 14, 2015

How difficult it to get time off on holidays or weekend s? I am struggling with this in their job proposal to me. I don't mind working a couple holidays, but not every single one.  What do they do if you call in "sick"?Why would a company not offer employees some holidays of? I just can't imagine working EVERY holiday.  ...

Part-time, Evenings And Weekends
Dec 26, 2013

Hoping my fellow MTs might know if there are companies that hire for 15-20 hours a week.  I can work both days of the weekends and a couple evenings per week.  It's almost impossible to ascertain this information from companies' websites, and they make it difficult to contact their HR departments.  I appreciate any advice you can lend.  ...

Move Hours To Nights And Weekends Or I Will Be Forced
Aug 21, 2010

Isn't that a kicker?   WHERE IS MY WORK?????   Does anyone know how to manage a workload?  My CCM obviously needs help!  Six months ago, it was "We need Monday hours... move them or else." Four months ago, it was "We need Friday hours... move them or else." Three months ago, it was "We need Saturday evening hours... move them or else." One month ago, it was "I have no Sunday coverage... move hours or else." This month it is "We do not need Monday hours, move ...

MDI/Transcenders - Did You See This?
Jan 29, 2010

Saw this posted over on the MQ board and thought it merited attention on this board as well....Be prepared.   http://forum.mtstars.com/190192.html     ...

To Transcenders
Feb 06, 2010

The company MLS site states that QA uses BOS3.  Are there enough differences between BOS2 and 3 that I need to invest in the latter?  ...

? For You Transcenders
Oct 20, 2011

Is the $900 per pay period reqiurement before or after taxes? Thank you in advance for any input. ...

Transcenders
Dec 16, 2011

After reading all the negative posts here about other companies I'm glad to be working for Transcend.  How about you?   I just started there last month, but so far so good.  I'm curious about moving up in the company to a TL position.  I got an email the other day from the recruiter saying we can apply even before our 90 day probationary period. I'm just wondering if people really get hired for that position being so new to the company.  I'm sti ...

How Are The Other New Transcenders Doing?
Jan 05, 2012

I think I'm getting the hang of BeyondTXT now.  I haven't run out of work so far, so that's a good thing, not to say that I won't, but haven't yet.  I'm doing ER notes right now.  Gonna be given more worktypes next week though.  I'm building up my speed slowly but surely.  How is it going with the others new to Transcend?  :) ...

How Many Of You Ex-Transcenders Are Looking
Dec 19, 2012

for another MT gig and/or resigning since the new plan has been rolled out to us? Just curious, don't know how many of us actually look here and I rarely post. Just trying to consider it from all angles, pros and cons, options. Taking quite a hit in pay. In any case, wish you all a peaceful holiday season. ...

Are There Any Companies With Clinic Work Available All The Time - Weekends Included?
Dec 09, 2013

If they may be hiring now, that's even better!  Thanks in advance!  :) ...

Transcenders - Questions For You, Please
Dec 19, 2009

Does Transcend have an incentive plan and would you explain it for me?   What were you hired at (base rate)?   Do they have any VR work and what is the base rate for it?   Thanks.   ...

Transcenders: Question On
Apr 14, 2010

How many of you receive no raises and/or even rate cuts while management receives increases equivalent of complete salary packages, bonuses and the company offers $78 million to buy Spheris?     ...

A Question To MDI-er/Transcenders
Apr 21, 2010

Hi MDIers/now Transcenders:  Curious to know if anyone else is starting to feel as demoralized as I am by the recent highly offensive/rude/appalling brow-beating emails  sent out by (MDI-MD) TLs?  Has anyone noticed the push for total workaholism with even working through funerals?! Did they all take a class on how to make everyone feel like crap about their job?  A  new ROM mentioned there is a decrease in MLS production that she doesn't understand - I would put ...

Question For MDI/transcenders
Jul 22, 2010

Has DD always been this full of hot air?  Just from her messages on the mls web site I am afraid I would have to doubt anything she ever told me.   What a joke!  ...

Question For PT Transcenders
Feb 27, 2011

Since PTers don't earn PTO, how do you handle taking days off?  I'm considering a schedule that will involve most weekends (to supplement my FT job).  While I don't need to work as much as they require (20 hours), I do need a little extra spending money.  Will taking off a weekend day or 2 a month be a problem?  Has anyone else had to deal with these circumstances?  Just want to know what I'm getting into. ...

Transcenders Using Encore ???
Sep 22, 2011

On the new platform will you be able to see your line count as you go along or do you still have to go look it up the regular way.  At Webmedx it kept a running tab of your lines on the top of the page and you could kind of pace yourself.   I really liked that. Also, have they put out a schedule as to when each region will be going over to Encore?    ...

Get Ready Transcenders...
Mar 13, 2012

You will be "offered" lots and lots of OT every day, and asked to mail in your committments for every weekend. It is not "mandatory", but if you do not do it, you will be written by your SM asking you to. Same thing. So tiring, day in and day out. Guess I am not a "team player" because I feel I was hired to work 40 hours and any time after that is "My Life Time." ...

Compensation - For Transcenders
Dec 16, 2012

As you transition to Nuance, you will have training jobs going to QC.  This will count against your QC percentage and affect your ability to earn any increased increment in line rate based on your quality.  Please plan ahead carefully for a much lower paycheck and look for another job as hard as you can.  Advise all would-be MTs to look into coding or some other profession entirely.  MTs are living at poverty levels these days and we have to get the word out.  With VR ca ...

Transcenders - 2nd Payroll Dates Nov/Dec
Oct 05, 2011

Is it true that MTs/ICs will be paid AFTER Thanksgiving and Christmans holidays?  Just wondering as new employee.  One ADP payroll schedule for employees states  prior to holidays, but another for MTs/ICs payroll states after holidays.  Please confirm.  Thank you. ...

Transcenders Going From Bayscribe To Encore?
Mar 20, 2012

Is anyone making close to the same money with editing as they were with transcription?   ...