A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MMEs on Indian MTs - Sometimes Flabbergasted

Posted: May 04, 2010

Are any other MMEs out there coming across Indian MTs who conveniently leave out portions of dictation, because they don't understand it?  I'm finding words or phrases left out that are completely clear, but a lot of the time is American slang.  Other times, it seems that they make up phrases to fit dictation they don't understand.  Anyone else?

Always. That's the quality they get for their 1-2 cpl. - Get What You Pay For

[ In Reply To ..]
x

That has been exactly my experience. - Go USA MT

[ In Reply To ..]
In the past, for a short time, I worked for another company and ended up QA'ing some work from India (that was not what I had been hired to do), and the transcription, with what they left out and what they got wrong was absolutely dangerous for the patient's care.

India QA - Marine Mom

[ In Reply To ..]
Sooo let me get this straight....They aren't held to HIPPA and obviously they not held to the same QA standards that WE are... Cuz Lord knows our good 'ol USA behinds would be FIRED. I'm wondering why they deal with India at all....why not just run it through speech rec and send it to the client? Sounds like VR does just as good of a job as India.

Similar Messages:

MMEs
Nov 22, 2009

So a girl I worked with at a local hospital here now works for MQ, and I found out she is an MME, so I ask her, what exactly is an MME, she says she gets what we send to QA, corrects it, and types.  So....basically they are just QA people? But, don't QA people type too?   I just don't understand this MME position.  Any MMEs here that can tell me what an MME is (and I know it stands for Master Medical Editor, for the smarties)?  ...

Are There ANY Former MTs Who Are Now MMEs
Jan 09, 2010

who make about the same as an MME as they did as an MT?  Also, are they asking Tier 2 to become MMEs now?  I thought you had to be a Tier 3 first THEN MME?      ...

Any MMEs Here?
Oct 28, 2010

Just wondered if any MMEs watch this board that have an interest in advancing their careers to a QC.  Other than notifying your CCM and watching the openings, any advise on other steps to take? ...

To Those MT/MEs Who Became MMEs
Jan 13, 2011

Just got a request to test for the MME position.  I'm tier 3, 99% accuracy, and I've been here for 7 years, but I didn't take the test when they first offered it because I knew that my pay would take a nosedive.  I have a feeling they will be getting rid of all the regular MT/MEs shortly and keep only MMEs on board, but if the pay is actually worse, then it may be better to be given the boot.  I was told by CCM that it is mostly transcription work and not so mu ...

MQ MTs/MMEs
Dec 01, 2011

You should all go read the Offshore Concerns board about Indian Pay... UGH. ...

To Other MMEs (or Anybody Else Who May Know)
May 22, 2012

This is just purely out of curiosity, but have you noticed that a lot of the ILP's names have Shaster in them.  What does Shaster mean?  Is it some formal name thing going on? ...

To All The MMEs Out There,
Jun 19, 2012

ever read any feedback?  I don't.  So frustrating. ...

To Any MMEs
Jul 27, 2013

I've been getting a lot of reports from the ILP with "full review" or something similar in the QA note, but the report itself is not flagged for 100% proof.  After a couple weeks of doing full review at less pay, I've decided to just delete their request and fill in the blanks.  I figure if they want their reports fully reviewed, they can request their manager to put them back on 100% because I'm a bit fed up with wasting my time and money on making these ILPs look prett ...

Hey MMEs
Mar 06, 2014

When you get one of those jobs with 40 blanks in it, what is your favorite expression? Try to keep it clean! Mine is the name of a certain religious figure. ...

Question For MMEs:
Oct 17, 2009

No offense, but can I ask you all something?  Since you guys say you are making much less than you did as QA, WHY are you wasting your valuable time correcting insignificant things (not to mention sometimes even things that oppose the CP), or things that are preference calls?  Doesn't make any sense at all.  Just saying ...

Question For The MMEs
Oct 19, 2009

How much straight transcribing do you do, versus editing MTs and MEs? TIA ...

HELP Need Feedback From MMEs
Jan 21, 2010

I would like to know how much of your day is spent full listening to either ILP or MTs placed on 100%.  If it is 75% or more how do you survive? Do you have any tips on how to get through them faster? I must be doing something wrong.  Thanks. ...

MMEs Scare Me Sometimes
Feb 03, 2010

What's with checking the whole report when there's 1 flag in it?  Sometimes I'll leave 1 or 2 flags in a long report, and when I check my feedback I'll have 3 or 4 minor feedback, really little things that definitely do not impact the meaning of the report.  Scares me, feels like I'm being picked on.  Sometimes it's hard not to turn into a raging paranoiac around here.  I HATE leaving flags. ...

MMEs In All Regions Mainly Doing MT And
Apr 06, 2010

NM   ...

MMEs: Do You Do Much MT Or ASR Work?
Oct 27, 2010

Considering applying to go back to being an MME part-time.  I mostly had QA work when I was an MME, but curious if that's the norm or not. ...

Does Anyone Know If MQ Hires PT MMEs?
Feb 16, 2011

x  TIA ...

Question To Other MMEs
Jun 03, 2012

If you see significant errors in a report of an MT/ME, do you let the QC know?  They were taken off 100% QA so that means the MT must have passed her audits, right?  I just feel like I'm tattling or picking on the MT and I just want to know what other MMEs typically do.  Whether to repot to QC or just leave feedback (which is probably not checked anyway) and move on.  ...

Zowie! Some Of These MMEs
Apr 09, 2013

with their snippy, bossy notes.  La-di-da!!! Whatever! ...

To MMEs - What % Of Your Work Is QA?
May 07, 2013

Trying to get some idea of whether I am getting higher percentage of QA work than other MMEs (due to the hours I work).  Been trying for months to figure out why I am under constant threat of losing my job for LPH below minimum, when my calculations (total lines produced divided by production time in Teamwork) always show well above minimum.  It was finally disclosed to me yesterday that 1 QA line is only counted as 0.43 of a line!!!! ...

Dear MMEs
Aug 12, 2013

This is to those nitpicky comma MMEs, so if you aren't one of the offenders, you can ignore this.  Seriously, leaving a feedback marker for every single comma that should or should not be there in your opinion is wasting everybody's time and is making MT/MEs fear sending any sort of blanks and may make some of them guess for those accounts where blanks are sent automatically, compromising patient care, just so it doesn't get sent to you.  You really should take your QA t ...

Switch From MTs To MMEs Has Started
Nov 10, 2009

Well folks, email today regarding yet another MQ program- Account Trustee- those of us with good quality scores have the HONOR of sending reports directly through to the client with 2 blanks or less, thus bypassing QA.  Instead of addressing the issue WHY QA is so backlogged (could it be because so many QA were underpaid and have left) this is the new decision.  ...

Are There Any Tier 3 MTs Anymore? Are They All MMEs? N/m
Nov 10, 2009

z ...

Are There Any MMEs Making Money?
Dec 15, 2009

Seriously inquiring as to whether or not there are MMEs out there making what they made when they were just QA.  If so, do you have full listen reports for more than half your day? If so, do you have any helpful hints?  MT/MEs are moving into the MME positions and I feel so bad that they have no idea what they are getting themselves into.  Hope you all make more than me.  As of the new year I will be looking for different employment.  So sad 20 years later and I'm n ...

First Time Right - MMEs Will Be Docked If Over 10%, Then 5% Later?
Mar 03, 2010

Really, there are a lot of times where something is just not interpretable, no sound, etc.  That will be kind of nice that we don't have to send reports to QA for those types of things.  That would be most of why I usually have to leave a QA marker.  So really, when I think about it, it may not be as bad as everyone is thinking.  (Trying to look at the bright side :-) Has anyone heard if MMEs will be docked if over 10%, then 5% later, of their reports are sent through to the client ...

Any Other MMEs Getting ILP Work With QA Notes That Say
Feb 11, 2012

For some reason that makes me want to give it a 100% review.   Thats like hiding someone in your closet and then saying "there's nobody here, but don't look in the closet." ...

Question For MMEs About Their Position
Mar 19, 2012

I was just offered to take the test to be an MME today.  I was wondering what that promotion entails in regards to pay.  Do you really make more than you did before?  From what I've heard and seen over the years, it doesn't seem like a real promotion.  Plus, right now I'm straight typing and I'm desperately afraid of going back to ASR (the horror, the horror!) The last time I was with MQ was back when the MME position was still fairly new and I don't ...

Any Other MMEs Get A Sick Pleasure From
Aug 13, 2012

Although it does make me sad these are the people taking our jobs, and I don't get paid as much when I do it, it gives me a little hope (although false) when seeing how awful these reports are; when there are more corrections than not.  Keep in mind I only put the really bad stuff under a marker and still end up with a few dozen errors. ...

Question For Cornerstone MT/MMEs
May 09, 2013

Have you had much work, if any, the last 3 days? I have had about an hour, checking all through the day. Just wanted to know how everyone else is doing. Thanks. ...

MMEs - How Often Do You Get Your Own Reports Back?
Apr 08, 2014

If you had to guess how many times you're getting reports back, what would you say?  I'm getting at least 70% of any of my own reports that are either automatically routed to QA or I have a quick question on back.  How about you?  PS-I work during high volume times when there's lots of coverage across the entire BOB. ...

When I Was On Fluency Before, MMEs Did Not Get Paid For
Apr 13, 2014

a report.  They were paid based on the job the MT sent to be qa'd.  Is it still like that?  TIA ...