A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why can't the Indian MTs do these crappy- sm - frustrated

Posted: Oct 04, 2013

Indian dictators and give me some jobs I can understand that don't have to go to QA!!!!

Because that would make too much sense! no message - nn

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Is It Crappy To Send My Ex CMT A Card Wishing Her A Crappy Christmas?
Dec 18, 2009

Crappy Holidays To Us All
Sep 30, 2010

Just got the email today that effective 10/01/2010, my MTSO (whom I will not name) will no longer be paying holiday pay (aka 1.5 cpl) for any holidays anymore b/c of "the economy." R U *** kidding me? First of all, I thought that the recession was officially over in 2009, but I could be mistaken. Secondly, I know holiday pay and OT and all that is a "perk" and not required by law to pay us, but yet they expect us MTs, er me, to work all major holidays for the same crappy cpl as always ...

5:30 A.m. And STILL Nothing But The Crappy Work Available. Sm
Jul 10, 2013

And by the crappy work I mean ONLY the lowest paying jobs.  This is so totally rediculous.  Of course the lower paying/new jobs at least is work, but that seems to be all that's left anymore.  Can't even get up early and get work. I'm outa here. ...

Crappy Sound Files
Dec 20, 2011

I'm a tier 3 MT who works part time.  I've been pretty much happy with shift, pay, work types, etc., until this past week.  All of a sudden, everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING) is out of TAT, mostly ER reports, and just horrible sound files.  Lots of static, "bubble" sounds, canny sound like you get with speaker phones.  On top of all that, my CCM announced on Thursday she was leaving and was gone on Friday.  First thing new CCM did was whine about all the ou ...

Come On Nuance, No Crappy Coffee Cup?
Dec 23, 2011

I know it sounds petty, but at least with OSi you felt appreciated when the mailman brought you the little box with the OSi coffee cup full of Christmas candy and a card.  Now, just another workhoarse .    Thank you Nuance, Merry Christmas! ...

Is It Me Or Are All The Sunday Dictators Just Crappy
Apr 01, 2012

finally over,, brutal day ...

What Is Up With The Crappy Mail System
Feb 26, 2013

Does anything work in this company?? Hey Vern..what is up with the mail? ...

I Want To Punch Nuance's Crappy VR
Jan 08, 2014

That is all. ...

Dear Nuance, Thanks For The CRAPPY New Benefits. Sm
Nov 04, 2011

A $2,500 deductible for individuals? Are you nuts? $5,000 for families? Are you going to give us ANY paid holidays? Or are you going to make it so we no longer get any paid holidays just like the rest of your poor employees? As a publicly traded company, you should be ASHAMED to be offering your employees such lousy benefits. And thank you, Webmedx losers at the top who sold our company to one that is obviously going to make our benefits even more unaffordable in addition to sending a portion ...

Another Day Starting In Tears Because Of Crappy Dictators And
Feb 19, 2014

the stress of having to work under these conditions for pretty much peanuts. I don't know how much more I can take. ...

Lines Per Hour And Crappy Platform. Sm
Mar 16, 2014

I just want to know how to keep lines per hour up if they can't even fix flaws in their software.  This is like expecting a car mechanic to fix a car without the proper tools, like a surgeon without his instruments, like a pianist without a piano, like a photographer without film, like a painter without paint, like a gas station attendant without a pump, like a seamstress without a needle, like a mailman without mail, like a skydiver without a parachute, l ...

Goodbye You Crappy Company. You DON'T Want To Work For Nuance
Nov 22, 2013

I've been gone for a month now.  I feel like bricks have been taken off my chest.  I don't feel the vomit rise in my throat when I checked Fiesa.  I work somewhere else for a little bit less money (about $20 day less), but it is so worth it.  There are companies hiring now. The pay might be a little less than Nuance, but take it.  In other small companies, the people you work for are nice and they care like the company I came from before Nuance.  ...

Crappy New Ins With High Deductable. Paid $120 For Meds Usually Pay $20 For Out Of Pocket. 8( NM
Sep 04, 2012

nm ...

Pay For The Indian MTs
Dec 01, 2011

There was a question about MTs pay in India. It is generally dependent on the line count and quality. Direct upload MT transcribing 800 lines per day - Rs. 1.2 (nearly 3 cents)  - 22 working days - Rs. 21,120 (around $600  per month) - greater than 98% accuracy (supposed to be) Only professionals like engineers, doctors, some software guys, etc. get more salary than this. Things are a little different in CBay (Medquist) India.  Irrespective of experience, the MT ...

Indian Vs US QA On ASR
Feb 05, 2012

I just saw a post from last month wondering about what the accuracy level is that Indian MTs have to maintain. On Editscript, expected accuracy is 99% and tolerated accuracy is 98.5%. If your job is marked by QA  as below 98% accuracy, you do not get paid for that job.  Critical/grave/major/minor errors are all assessed per job and factor into accuracy calculations. If you have more than 5 major errors per 2000 lines, you lose the right to work on an account.  Most Indian MTs prod ...

Indian MTs
Jul 03, 2012

Would someone please explain to me exactly why there are so many people in India that can to American transcription? How in the heck are they so proficient in the English language? Heck, 99% of Indian doctors I get couldn't speak a grammatically correct sentence if their life depended on it. I'm not kidding, I would really like to know. ...

Indian QCs
Sep 25, 2012

Does anyone have problems with Indian QCs (scores are good with US QCs), such as thinking that they may be deliberately marking errors where none existed originally?  I've tried to copy my reports to check against them when I get Indian QC feedback, but the platform won't allow it.  How does anyone else handle this?? TIA ...

MMEs On Indian MTs
May 04, 2010

Are any other MMEs out there coming across Indian MTs who conveniently leave out portions of dictation, because they don't understand it?  I'm finding words or phrases left out that are completely clear, but a lot of the time is American slang.  Other times, it seems that they make up phrases to fit dictation they don't understand.  Anyone else? ...

Acusis - US Or Indian ?
Aug 03, 2011

Is this company Indian owned or a US company? ...

Has Anyone Actually Seen Indian Work? Is It Really That Bad? Sm
Sep 10, 2011

In the past, it was stated by editors that the work was exceptionally good, except for some terms used more commonly in the US.  I suppose they have more problems on the consults, which is why I've been receiving 15 minute typed consults lately, but at least I have work.  Can anyone objectively state quality of Indian MTs work?  How many here have actually seen the work they produce?        ...

Just A Note On The Indian MTs
Jul 04, 2012

Have been working for a couple of months for a local clinic and there are 2 large hospitals in our area --- one uses in-house transcriptionists and one uses an MTSO.  I can tell without a doubt which reports come from which hospital.  The ones from the in-house MTs look like a user-friendly, readable report, and the MTs initials are readily available at the end of the report.  The quality is exceptional.  I know most of those MTs personally and they all have more than 10 year ...

Indian Accents
Oct 22, 2012

Does anyone have any suggestions to help with transcribing Indian accents?  Are there any special settings on Express Scribe that might help?  Thanks!  ...

Indian MT Pay Scale
Mar 27, 2013

As best I can calculate, the Indian MTs are started at about $40/week. This is not an error. I looked at both the application from Nuance (which can be found by googling) as well as the exchange rate. So when you see all the "extras" they are offered, try not to be jealous; they can't buy groceries with those extras. Apparently they are as dissatisfied with the management of the MTSOs as are we Americans. The question seems to be how many will continue to work for such low salaries and ...

Lousy Dictators - Crappy, Hard To Understand Dictators, Both ESL And English-speaking
May 17, 2014

Today I will make less than half of what I normally get because all I've gotten today are crappy, hard to understand dictators, both ESL and English-speaking.  Seems like all I get lately are the hard to understand, mush-mouth dictators.  Guess Nuance doesn't want their MTs making quota.  Sorry.  I just had to vent. ...

LOL! I Just Heard March 31, 2015 Is "Quit Your Crappy Job" Day!
Dec 03, 2014

I'm not even kidding ... there is actually a "day" for quitting our crappy job.  Here's our chance, guys! ...

Interesting Conversation I Had With An Indian MT
Nov 05, 2009

I received a request to chat on my FB account today.  The person on the other end was an MT in India and he was essentially requesting American MTs to subcontract to him, let him do the work and pay him because (paraphrased) "even if the client doesn't wish the work offshored, there are many ways around this and no one would be the wiser." Anyone else had an encounter such as this?  I did find out he makes about $700/month working 6 days a week, 8 hours a day.  Has an ...

Predictions For MQ After Indian E-mail
Apr 01, 2011

Predictions, next 2 years for MQ: 1.  Another re-structuring.  Most CCMs will lose their jobs, to include middle management. 2.  All old accounts will stay in U.S. unless directed by hospital to go to India (like what happened to my old accounts), but here is the catch:  India management will push for them to go to India! 3.  All easy work will go to India - no exceptions. 4.  All new accounts will go directly to India and only special docs that the Indian ...

Indian Holiday This Weekend
Sep 29, 2011

The only reason there is an incentive running and there is extra work is because the Indian government gives their employees a week off for the holiday and we are expected I mean supposed to be motivated by the incentive to work it for them.  Google the Indian holidays for 2011 and you will see when our next incentive weekend will be- end of October.  Good luck to anyone working, you are welcome to the work I won't be doing. ...

Do Indian MTs Work Weekends?
Nov 19, 2011

My dictations seem a lot easier today on Saturday with a lot of good dictators versus all of the horrible dictators during the week and I was wondering if this could be due to the Indian MTs not working weekends, or maybe it is just my good luck today! ...

Comparision Of SR Rates Of US And INDIAN MTs
Jun 08, 2012

Simple comparison of SR rates of US and INDIAN MTs (M*MODAL) INDIAN RATES... 0.01492646 U.S. dollars = 0.82 Indian rupees Source:  Google. ...