A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Unhappy Transcender - RLee

Posted: Feb 06, 2010

I just tallied up what I made this week - under $100.  Not bad for a 40-hour week would you say.  Had absolutely NO jobs available to me for 2 days.  I just cannot wait until some comes my way besides an unemplloyment check.  It is pretty pathetic when you make yourself available for your schedule and more and then you finally have to come to the conclusion the jobs just are not going to appear, as they have gone elsewhere.  I refuse to sit and look at an blank computer screen for 12 to 14 hours a day.  This is mental and physiological abuse !!!!

You should be getting out of work pay - Sandyaj1

[ In Reply To ..]
They are not giving you out of work pay? It is required by law that if you are scheduled to work and there is no work available that they have to pay you out of work pay. MedQuist pays out of work pay when there is no work available, although it is very rare anymore for me to be out of work, but it is the law. I would call the department of labor if you are being expected to sit there and not get paid.....sad times!

Out of work pay - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Transcend will send out emails telling you work is slow and to use PTO or FLEX. That is a joke, your workspace is constantly empty so how can you flex - you could sit up all night and it would not make any difference, and excuse me I worked too hard to accumulate PTO and I am not going to use it due to no work - I earned it and would prefer to use it when I choose to such as a VACATION, seeing as though I have been told they do not allow time off without pay.

Department of Labor - longtimemt

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry I called the department of labor. It is not illegal to NOT pay for downtime...you can collect unemploymnet for that. It is NOT illegal to ask for a schedule and then tell you to flex your time and come back later-the woman said immoral yes, illegal no. There is no recourse for the MT except to get out of the field.

Dept of Labor said it was immoral to ask for schedule then, to flex time when out of work? - Hungry Worker

[ In Reply To ..]
Isn't that interesting. I'd love to hear what else they consider immoral (I have so many examples from one company in particular, I'll just leave it alone) These companies should feel shame from these kinds of comments, but they are jaded, they've been acting this way for so long, it is normal for them.
Dept of Labor - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
I have many examples myself, but with only one company. What can the Dept of Labor do - if you filed a claim would you be reimbursed for any compensation, mental fatigue, etc you endured prior to getting unemployment benefits?? Would it be a legal claim with a attorney involved? I have one specific situation I have endured with Transcend - and besides that one isolated experience - I am being forced out of a job due to them not willing to train me on other accounts or keeping me on accounts in which I have the experience. Mu husband has been after me for months to get an attorney because my paycheck speaks 1000 words.

out of - work pay

[ In Reply To ..]
is only paid by MQ in certain states like California where they get their benefit rate for a certain number of hours. In most states, we do not get anything.

No work for the last 3 days. I see the jobs disappear from the workspace in - agree

[ In Reply To ..]
big chunks, but if we are only supposed to take 2 jobs at a time, how many people have they put on these accounts to keep us broke? I sure hope karma happens soon, maybe managers will all get very, very sick and have to go to India for their care.

You shouldn't be taking this from them - Sandy

[ In Reply To ..]
You should have to sit and wait for work .... you should report them as it just isn't right. We have to make a living too!

I'm calling the department of labor - Granny

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm calling on Monday to see what they say. I can't keep living on nothing, while I sit and wait for work all day!

Number of people on accounts - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never heard of out of work pay and I suspect neither has Transcend. Even if you work at a convenience store or Macy's - if there are no customers you still get paid an hourly wage. Something is seriouly amiss here. For those Transcenders who want to know how many people are working on the same accounts as you - go to the MSL website and on the main page you will see a list of your accounts. Click on Teammates for each account listed in your pooling and you can see how many people are also in your pooling working on each one as well as their schedules. On this main page you can also see how many jobs are in the system for each of your accounts and how many jobs are currently downloaded by another MLS. Unfortnately this info is only updated every 4 hours. I am seriously going to give the Dept. of Labor a call next week because there is no doubt I will be losing my health insurance very shortly due to this nightmare I have been forced to relive day after day after day. I also see the jobs in my pooling disappear as quickly as they are put into the system. You literally have to be sitting at the computer 12 to 14 hours a day to get any of the jobs and most days they just do not APPEAR!!!!

Does this list of fellow MTs only show the ones that - Patsynotsoinclined

[ In Reply To ..]
are on it as a primary? What about the people who are on your primary as a secondary account, or a third account, fourth, etc? They have turned us into vultures. Transcend doesn't care who does the work as long as it's done. You all share the pie and the pieces keep getting smaller when you have to share with workers from other accounts. Transcend is greedy.
List of teammates - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
In my experience - when I did have a secondary and tertiary - my name appeared on all the accounts regardless of if they were my secondary, etc, and not just my primary. I do believe the names under teammates are the ones working on that specific account regardless of if it is their primary. When I mentioned this in the past to the TLs they tried to tell me different, that those names were the primaries, but if that was the case - why was my name on all three accounts. Then my name would disppear from my secondary for a few days and then reappear. So I would tend to believe the names on the list are the people who have access to that particular account regarless of if it is their primary. I do not have to worry about it now, as I only have a primary. Transcend does not like to be questioned about anything pertaining to your workload. I have gone around and around and around in circles with this issue so mamy times with them and each time they gave me a different response.
MLS site - tired MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Okay i have the mls website up but I cannot access the teammate or any of those others that are in that row.

how do you get to the MLS website? NM - thanks

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Where the work is... - Joy

[ In Reply To ..]
Look up Transcend's stock report for last year and this year. It's obvious what direction the company is going in but just not telling the transcriptionists.

And to all former MDIers - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess it's apparent by now that we were sold out, lock, stock and barrel. So much for caring for the transcriptionist, huh?

I second that! - Lucy

[ In Reply To ..]
I am living your pain! I love the updates - "8 reports available for transcription and 13 MTs waiting snatch one"! What a joke.

Similar Messages:

For All You Transcender's
Feb 06, 2010

Found this on an investment website. Looks like they are doing pretty good in the stock market.  Click on the link below. ...

New Transcender ?
Jun 12, 2011

Hate to call trainer or TL when I am probably doing something stupid, but.. can anyone tell me why I often get bumped out of BeyondText when I complete a job and have to sign back in? ...

Concerned Transcender
Apr 13, 2010

Are there any other Transcend MTs out here?   I have been running out of work more lately and my supervisor just tells me to come back on later ...... shouldn't we get out of work pay if we are scheduled to work and there is no work?   Do you know if we can work for Transcend as contractors rather than as an employee so we can have more flexibility?   I am at my wits end here and just don't know what to do. ...

Transcender Wondering About Webclock
Mar 13, 2012

I am wondering about the webclock I heard Nuance uses.  Are they crazy strict about sticking to your shift and clocking out for everything?  I like the flexibility Transcend offers with regard to family stuff.  If I have to go pick up my kid or go to the school or doctor, they are cool with it and let me flex.  We can also flex when work is low.  Is that going to go away?  Wondering if I should even stick out the next couple of weeks or say screw it and enjoy the re ...

Transcender - Sick Of Running Out Of Work
Dec 03, 2012

Is everyone at Transcend experiencing low-to-no work lately.  This is not the holiday slow down that happens during this time.  This has been happening ever since Nuance took us over.  I am really afraid as we move into the new year we will see more and more of this.  I am about ready to jump ship after many,  many years of being with Transcend.  I have been in this business for over 35 years and I know the usual "feast/famine" cycles.  This is definitely not t ...

Has Any Part Time Transcender Received An Aetna Card?
Jul 26, 2012

I just received an Aetna insurance card in the mail with Transcend on it.  Must be a mistake, right?? ...

Is Everyone Unhappy Being MT's?
Aug 23, 2010

I'm just about to finish my course with CareerStep and started looking at the boards here so I'm wondering.....is it really this bad?   Is everyone in the MT profession that unhappy?   I'm 50 years old and the company I'd worked at for many many years closed down due to the economy.  I thought this would be a good job that would let me work from home and my efforts would determine my pay....Am I completely wrong???? ...

Very Unhappy
Feb 28, 2013

I had worked for a company who was taken over by MModal.  I had been doing straight typing until this last Tuesday.  I had gone through the Fluency training etc.  I am not an English Major and if I was, I wouldn't be doing this.  However, today I get a phone call from my previous TCM and she informs me that they are sending me back to her.  I am not ignorant, they sent me back because QC thought they were getting too many errors from me, they were small, petty, mino ...

I Can Cut It Very Well And Am Still Unhappy
Jun 01, 2013

I've been doing this over 40 years, working only 16 hours a week now and can cut it very well but am still not happy.  I have a skill and would like to continue to use it but am I supposed to be happy earning half of what I made 20 years ago?  Am I supposed to be happy with a policy of 5 unpaid days off a year after working 40 years?  Am I supposed to be happy being told I will never get a raise?  Am I supposed to be happy being held to a ridiculous standard of 99.5% acc ...

Unhappy
Nov 28, 2014

Had PTO saved up to take time off at X-mas but because of NJA yesterday and today, I have had to burn it.  Maddening.  Can never take a vacation because you have to save the time to cover the Thanksgiving and Christmas NJA.  As it stands now, I don't think I will have enough to cover the days I asked off at Christmas.  How incredibly sad that when there is no work for us that we get penalized by having to use our PTO to cover.  Happy holidays. Sometimes, I think it ...

Is Anyone Unhappy That MDI PT People Are
Nov 22, 2009

getting the same paycut for NO benefits (other than 401K) as FT people are for the full gamut of benefits?  That doesn't seem quite fair to me.  I understand the cut for FT with benefits, just not for PT withOUT benefits.  What exactly is the PT paycut FOR? ...

If Dr So Unhappy With OS, Where Is It Talked About? TV?
Feb 01, 2011

their complaints, cause there are none. Most reports are going to go in a file, never to be seen again.  They dont want to pay top dollar for a piece of paper in a file when they can pay OS less for the same thing. ...

The Client Is Unhappy!
May 15, 2014

Thirty different accounts, all with confusing and convoluted CPs.  Follow the DQS, then the TSG, then AAMT, then DQS and throw in the JCAHO dangerous abbreviation list just for funsies.  Wait...  Maybe it's the AAMT, TSG, then BOS, only this client is using BOS3, so disregard the BOS2 unless it is Dr. Bobsmyknob who wants his verbatim, but only when he is at the outreach clinic.  And if the CP doesn't specifically say it, DON'T DO IT no matter what the DQS, AAM ...

The Client Is Unhappy
Nov 18, 2014

formatting not done correctly, errors abound.  Ya think? ...

Unhappy With New Pay System?
Jan 27, 2015

I just sent a note to my TSM, copied to the person above her, about my frustration and unhappiness with our new pay system.  I suggest that others do the same if they feel the same way.  I really wonder how many people are benefiting from the new pay and if others feel as incredibly stressed as I do.  ...

Oh No! Client Says They Are Unhappy With Quality!
Feb 20, 2015

I've been on this account for years and they are picky.  Before PODS, we would have multiple meetings for this account and only people familiar with the account would be able to go on it.  In fact, when we were constantly having TAT problems, my CSM at the time (the awesome one) emailed me asking what work types she thought would be easiest for "outsiders" to handle so she can have some help.   After PODS, this account is cleaned out constantly and, in looking through the Jo ...

If You Are Unhappy With Your Company And Pay, Contact CNN To Get Your Story Out
Nov 05, 2010

If you want to get the word out, start with CNN.  Below is a small part of an article about declining income in the United States.  They asked for people to give their stories.  Any Takers?  http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Washington-DC-posts-highest-cnnm-1741487299.html?x=0   Nationally, income dropped by 2.1% to $50,221 in 2009.  Accounting for some of that decline was shorter work weeks: The median time at the job fell by 36 minutes to 38.4 hours from 39. The ...