A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone working for Medical Ink (Medink)? - MTing 4 lattes

Posted: Jan 04, 2012

Can anyone currently working for or have previously worked for Medink (Medical Ink) provide any information as to how are they to work for in terms of pay on time, communication with the MTs, and workflow (or lack thereof)?  I have recently started with Medink and so far pretty good.  There are a few concerning issues:  One, communication is very sparse, there is no direct contact for questions, etc.; the second one is the voluminous paperwork that the MT has to retrieve from their portal, read, sign, and mail back; another issue is having to obtain an digital ID and encrpyted E-mail and set that up on your own, and the last issue is the pay schedule is vague and you have to invoice them yourselves.  Other than that, from what I have seen so far, the doctors are clear, concise dictators, and there is plenty of work.  It is just the issues mentioned above bother me.  If anyone can give insight into their experience with Medink, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have no experience with MedInk, but I once (sm) - SpringFairy

[ In Reply To ..]
worked a a small MTSO that had the general issues like you are describing except I was statutory employee, but on the whole, they turned out to be a good MTSO to work for. Stick with it for a few weeks and it might turn out really good for you...as long as there are no problems with getting your pay. Is there a contract that you can read? Best of luck to you.

MedInk - curiousgeorge

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I WAS going to work for them. They hired me, and I sent in enough paperwork to begin working. The pay was very low, and I asked if I could have one of the accounts which they advertised for .08 cpl. She they could only pay 0.075. She would not address that issue anymore. Then, they said I would begin working on Jan 4. After not hearing from them during the holidays, they emailed me back that, due to the volume of resumes, they could not bring me on right now. Uh...they already had! I got another job so it's worked out fine.

They really seemed like nice people though and easy to work for as an IC. I liked how flexible they were, so I would definitely hang in there for awhile! I hope it works out for you! :)

here's what i get from all that - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
From my experience - all your concerns add up to a small company.

The owner of which is probalby busy typing too, or simply away (concern #1), who sends via portal everyting you need to know to get started independently or at least get most of the prep work done on your own first (concern #2), is too small or the set up is too simple to reqire an IT person/department (concern #3), and expects invoices on a certain date, check to follow (concern #3). Every IC fills out their own invoice, the template usually supplied by the owner. If not, one usually comes with a good line counting program. Might I ask, have you been an IC before? In the true sense of the title, that is.

And with small companies - this is how it is. You are expected to know what needs doing, and jump in running. Because, depending on the company, there's not a lot of hand-holding...you fly by the seat of your experience as an MT and by the seat of your common sense (and probably all that paperwork you are getting) as an IC. You usually hit a wall that requires another eventually, but I'd hang in there and stop worrying. Get to know some fellow MTs for support, set up instant messaging for questiosn, take iniative. Love this account? there's your foundation.

I've been out here 30 years and MY main concerns are the very things you are NOT concerned about - "the doctors are clear, concise dictators, and there is plenty of work."

Similar Messages:

MedINK?
Jun 06, 2012

Anybody have any info on working for MedINK?  They recently purchased the company I was working for and am wondering if I should stay or make a change?  Right off the bat they lowered the cpl rate and removed MTs from specific accounts.  Thanks. ...

MedInk No Pay
Sep 23, 2014

Have been with MedInk for 2 months, but have not gotten paid on time yet!  Anyone else have this problem?  ...

Does Anyone Work For MedInk?
Dec 22, 2011

Does anyone work for MedInk? I see they had an ad posted and was going to apply. I only know of one person who works for that company and she tells me the QA will pick you apart. She says it takes her quite awhile to do even a short report because they are so picky. She proofreads a report three times and still worries about sending it in because they will find a problem somewhere. It's hard enough to make money in this business without constantly second-guessing yourself. Anyone work for t ...

Medink No Pay Check
Oct 21, 2014

I have not received my paycheck from Medink yet.  They promise to pay on time, but have not.  Anyone else?  ...

MedINK Offering To Pay $.50 Per QA File?? OMG!
Jul 07, 2014

I truly hope that this company receives ZERO response to their RIDICULOUS job offer.  For the work I've done this morning in approximately 2 hours, working for them I would have made $12.50.  That would have garnered me MUCH less than minimum wage instead of the just under $50 I thankfully made NOT working for MedINK.  UGH!  I feel better now having vented LOL! ...

Anyone Else On Here Working For Scan Medical In MI. Nm
Jan 27, 2014

nm ...

Working From Home Medical Transcription
May 21, 2014

I have put together a list of work-at-home companies, some transcription but I tried to not include companies you would already see on this site, and some not.  I cannot vouch for any of these companies but I did get them from 2 different sites that were said to be reliable (i.e., not schemes).  Please reply by email if you would like me to email you my list.   ...

Medical Transcription Working From Home
Jan 21, 2015

i am currrently in school how hard is it to get a job from home in transcription or coding? ...

Scan Medical In MI - Anyone Still Working At Scan Medical
May 29, 2011

Is anyone still working at Scan Medical.  I lost my account and just wondered if she is getting more accounts. ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

What Impact Will The Electronic Medical Record Have On The Medical Coding Career
Mar 20, 2011

Dear medical coding students and medical coders: I am starting The Andrew's School of Medical Coding on April 1, 2011 and I have I am looking forward to it. I want to ask you your opinions. I was at the dog park with my pug Cruncher yesterday and I was telling my friends that I was looking forward to starting school and one my friends who is an oncologist at NIH was advising me that I should think twice about starting medical coding as a profession because the implementation of the electron ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

From Medical Transcriptionist To Medical Coordinator
May 19, 2011

Where can I get information about transitioning from a medical transcriptionist to a medical coordinator? ...

Help - A Non-medical Word In A Medical Report
Jan 25, 2013

It's on a wrist injury.  The word sounds like (it's slurred), but has the sound of - "inishits" The sentence is He has instability of the distal radial ulnar joint.  He had an MRI, which did reveal tear of the TFCC, which _____ with his clinical picture. Anywone have any guesses as to what that might be?  I'm just at a loss. Thanks,   ...

Working For The VA
Apr 24, 2010

Just wondering how the MT's that work for the VA like it. When you're directed to their web site, it really doesn't say too much.  Thanks ...

Working Either Way
May 10, 2010

I would like to work "outside" of home but it is quite a struggle getting the okay from my husband.  The transcription is pretty unbearable to me. Anyone else have that concern? ...

DQS Not Working?
Aug 06, 2010

DQS down for anyone else?  I try to log in and it says "failed to connect." ...

US MT Working Outside Of The US
Nov 12, 2010

I have an odd question.  If a US trained Medical Transcriptionist works from home (in the U.S.), but then decides to spend 1/2 the year (or more) in a foreign country, is it possible (ethical/legal) to continue working as an MT while in that country?  The MT would keep the US address, and bank account.  All paychecks would continue to be direct deposited into current U.S. bank account.  MT would continue to pay U.S. taxes on all monies earned.  Does anyone see anyt ...

Working With Pet
Feb 02, 2011

I have a new pet - a dog - who wants to sit next to me while I work. Does anyone have any ideas how to "update" my chair so this is possible. She's not very big, only about 15-16 lbs but I have no idea how to adapt my chair to make this possible. TIA. ...

Anyone Working For TSI?
Mar 18, 2011

I went to their website for the current job posting but my security software kicked me out of their site. Can anyone give me info on working there, good, bad, ugly???   Thanks in Advance! ...

DQS Is Working Again
May 28, 2011

Hope my work is still available to recover. ...

Working More Than 1 Job
Oct 17, 2011

I know I am not the only one working 2 jobs or more.  Between them I am scheduled 68 hours per week.  I have them spread out enough I have "long breaks" in between to fix supper, take a little me time out around the lunch hour and housework kind of gets slighted.   Watching TV of a night with hubby sleeping in his recliner is the main thing I am "missing out on".   I don't spend as much money because I simply don't have the time to go out shopping other th ...

Well I Used To Like Working For DSG...
Feb 06, 2012

And to think, I actually left medquist to work for DSG.   Now they're forcing me to work for medquist again, and trying to convince me it's going to be a good thing?   I love to know if any DSGers are actually happy about this...   ...

Working PT/PRN
Jul 05, 2012

Does anyone know of any companies that hire on a super PT or PRN basis? I am looking for some backup whenever my FT position gets slow. I comb the job postings here regularly and on another site, but really haven't come across anything as of late.   TIA. ...

Could Anyone Who Is Currently Working For
Aug 24, 2012

CCT please message me?  I have a few questions:)  Thanks! ...

Looking For Others Working For AP
Sep 19, 2012

Anyone still with AP?  ...

DQ Not Working
Oct 21, 2012

Is there maintenance tonight on DQ 7?  It doesn't seem to be working.    ...

For Those Of You Working More Than One Job...
Nov 15, 2012

how do you keep track of all the different account specs for each job? I was wondering because I am employed with one job but the different clinics I work for each have different specs. Thank you. ...

Sometime I Think I'm Working At A Different
May 01, 2013

Than everyone else on here!  I'm very happy here. I have no problem with meeting quotas, have no issues with PTO, like the matching (up to 4%) 401K, and for the past 3 weeks have had OT everyday & have worked around 55-60 hours every week with a corresponding very hefty paycheck.  ...

Help Alt F3 Not Working
May 10, 2013

how can i fix this quickly, not sure why it quit working.  tia ...