A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MedINK offering to pay $.50 per QA file?? OMG! - Incredulous MT

Posted: Jul 07, 2014

I truly hope that this company receives ZERO response to their RIDICULOUS job offer.  For the work I've done this morning in approximately 2 hours, working for them I would have made $12.50.  That would have garnered me MUCH less than minimum wage instead of the just under $50 I thankfully made NOT working for MedINK. 

UGH!  I feel better now having vented LOL!

How could that much work need to go through - QA?

[ In Reply To ..]
For an average decent near-acceptable salary, QA person would have to do 30 reports an hour, right? 30 x 0.50 = $16. So 30 reports x 8 hours would be 240 reports to QA? That seems like a lot of reports that MTs have problems with. Maybe every report goes thru QA? Or maybe I'm missing something or my math is off?

At any rate, it does seem way low...

In my case... - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
...the account is newly acquired and all the MTs are on full QA, so every single report has to go to QA. Perhaps that's the same way with this MedINK. 50 cents per report is less than a pittance.

QA - QA

[ In Reply To ..]
Honestly, that's not a lot of reports going to QA. I work for a company and we have many large accounts and small accounts. We are required to do a minimum of 120 reports a day as QA and I do between 120-140+ a day in order to meet our hourly rate we are paid. But, if I got paid .50 for each report and only did 120, which is our minimum that would only give me $7.50 per hour which is a joke! I make twice that where I am on a set hourly, which still isn't enough in my opinion.

Ridiculously low pay - Bear2

[ In Reply To ..]
Not to mention this is for holidays and weekends!

Refusing to work for ridiculously low wages is - the best thing we can do to fight them. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I completely agree! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Looks like they pulled the post - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh dear... LOL

Similar Messages:

MedINK?
Jun 06, 2012

Anybody have any info on working for MedINK?  They recently purchased the company I was working for and am wondering if I should stay or make a change?  Right off the bat they lowered the cpl rate and removed MTs from specific accounts.  Thanks. ...

MedInk No Pay
Sep 23, 2014

Have been with MedInk for 2 months, but have not gotten paid on time yet!  Anyone else have this problem?  ...

Does Anyone Work For MedInk?
Dec 22, 2011

Does anyone work for MedInk? I see they had an ad posted and was going to apply. I only know of one person who works for that company and she tells me the QA will pick you apart. She says it takes her quite awhile to do even a short report because they are so picky. She proofreads a report three times and still worries about sending it in because they will find a problem somewhere. It's hard enough to make money in this business without constantly second-guessing yourself. Anyone work for t ...

Medink No Pay Check
Oct 21, 2014

I have not received my paycheck from Medink yet.  They promise to pay on time, but have not.  Anyone else?  ...

Anyone Working For Medical Ink (Medink)?
Jan 04, 2012

Can anyone currently working for or have previously worked for Medink (Medical Ink) provide any information as to how are they to work for in terms of pay on time, communication with the MTs, and workflow (or lack thereof)?  I have recently started with Medink and so far pretty good.  There are a few concerning issues:  One, communication is very sparse, there is no direct contact for questions, etc.; the second one is the voluminous paperwork that the MT has to ret ...

Anyone Know How To Convert Wma File To DSS Voice File??
Oct 13, 2010

Does anyone know how to convert wma file to DSS file?  I am using Express Scribe but, for some unknown reason, the sound quality is very poor.  I thought if I could convert this to DSS it would sound better on my computer. Any ideas?  Also, anyone know what else I could use besides Express Scribe (free) to play these files?  THANK YOU SO MUCH.   G ...

VBC Job Offering
May 12, 2015

Definitely agree wtih poster on job board about no VBC, offering 7 cpl without spaces is absurd.  I love op reports and am local to the job posted but once I saw it ws 7 cpl VBC I was definitely not interested.  That would be equal to maybe 5.25 cpl with spaces, take out taxes and you are down to about 3.5 maybe, what else can they take? ...

Landmark Offering 3 Cpl And So Does TTS.
Dec 07, 2012

No jobs out here and what does one do as they are offering us 3 cpl but then you know they want the weekend coverage and the 2nd shift because those are the worst.  Oh, but you can get a 1/2 a penny more?  What is a half of a penny?  Maybe in another country, but surely not here where it is hard to live on minimum wage.  Then supply your own equipment.  Augh.  Plus look at their test?  I'd be a nurse then...and be more respected and can save a life.  ...

So MM Is Offering 7 And 3 To New Hires Now??
Apr 18, 2013

As per the post below, 7 and 3 pennies per line.  Seriously, when will the madness end?! They have got to stop treating us like "typists." Actually, even a typist would make more than that.  You'd be making like 7 bucks an hour!! Oh I am just hopping mad right now. This company is just appalling.  Glad I am planning my escape. ...

MMoral Is Now Offering 7 And 3???
Apr 18, 2013

their souls to the devil. And may they burn in eternal damnation in flaming hell, all of 'em ...

Job Offering On For The Record
Mar 21, 2014

See link below... ...

US Transcription Offering 5 Cpl With Benefits
Oct 28, 2009

Would you go for it?  5 cpl with benefits?  Not medical transcription but other work. ...

Transcription Doctors Offering 2.5 VR. Can You Believe That.
Jun 17, 2011

Now they got it down to 2.5 for VR.  Unbelievable. ...

Q Re Pay. Co. Offering $1.50/page For Training, Then
Apr 04, 2011

Paying by page, not by line. ...

MM Offering Coding Training
Mar 10, 2014

it says if we qualify we will have three months of training, then spend three months in their apprentice program, and then will be given positions with them as coders.  We then have to work for them for 2 years or pay back for the program.  It doesn't talk about compensation or any certification.  Do you think this is a good idea? ...

Has Anyone Seen The Post By S Mounce Offering
Apr 11, 2015

$2 per patient?  WOW is all I can say!!! ...

Company Offering QA 3 Cents Per 65 VBC Line?
Aug 02, 2010

Those are slave wages to a highly experienced QA person.  What is the industry stooping to these days? ...

MT Universities Are Offering Medical Transcription
Aug 31, 2010

http://readme.readmedia.com/Campbellsville-University-to-Begin-New-Allied-Health-Programs-at-Hodgenville/1705087 Training in medical transcription, clinical medical assistant and phlebotomy are essential in meeting this critical need. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics sites all of these as 'Occupations with the Largest Employment Growth, 2008-18.' "A medical transcriptionist converts confidential patient information to a written text document. Topics covered in this course will co ...

Geez, The Q/Spheris Is Offering A $50+ Hourly Job.
Sep 01, 2010

http://www.jobserve.us/Medquist-Spheris-Consultant-Nashville-Tennessee-Contract-WF36E52A8C7D9B66A.jsjob?r=9AE7FE04CA62FDEF ...

MModal Now Offering Guaranteed Poverty
Feb 10, 2013

and bennies no one can afford.  What a great place to work.  ...

No One Wants To Be An MT. Most Colleges Have Stopped Offering Classes. You'd Think MM
May 05, 2015

would ty to keep the workers they have at least a little happier.  One would think they've already lost enough experienced MTs!  And with ASR/VR continually getting worse - just what kind of reports will there be when we're all gone. ...

MedQuist Once Again Offering $500 Sign-on Bonus (on Other Job Website). I Have NJA.
Jan 08, 2010

XX ...

Chaps. The Q Offering $1000 Sign-on Bonuses For
Dec 21, 2010

Choke.   ...

Such A Disgrace, IDS Offering 6 Cpl For Straight Typing Radiology.
Jan 31, 2013

. ...

Apparently Sten-Tel Is Offering 2 Cpl For Editing And 5 Cpl For Transcription
Mar 22, 2013

. ...

Offering A Whopping 5 Bucks An Hour If You Do Overtime
Jun 03, 2013

They are offering a whopping 5 bucks an hour if you do overtime. Just another slap in the face. ...

Probity Offering Subsidy Since Sold To Nuance.
Jan 05, 2014

Is that typical for when a company is sold? I had not heard of it before. When does Probity plan to go to speech recognition? I see they have an ad on another site. Do new employees applying at Probity get the subsidy as well?  I wonder if it is worthwhile to apply and work for them for the life of the subsidy (6 months) and then quit. Anyone from Probity have any insight on this?  ...

Sick Of Docs Wanting The World, But Offering Nothing In Return
Aug 23, 2010

When did it start being okay for companies to accept and accomodate docs who put out garbage and then require the world of us MT's?  I have worked in the medical setting in various capacities, so I know how docs are and I am used to it.  However, when it comes to something as serious as transcribing thier reports and getting it right you would think they would do there best to at least try to speak soem what clearly.....the wost part is that these are not even ESL's that I sp ...

Wondering If Transcend Is Really Offering Insurance To Part Timers??
Jun 21, 2011

I saw below where Transcend may be offering health insurance to part timers in September, just wondering if anybody has heard anything about that.  I would like to have insurance again, so am very curious if that is true.  Thanks for your help!  ...

Is There A Way To File Myself?
Sep 23, 2010

I have not been paid by a person for some transcription work I have done for her in May and June.  She owes me $500.  It would cost that much to get a lawyer and court costs and such.  Is there a way that I can go forward with legal action on my own against her? ...