A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone familiar with MedGarde? Any info would be appreciated! - shortcake

Posted: Sep 25, 2011

MedGarde - learnedbeforeIwasstung

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't waste your time with them. I applied, went through an hour of telephone interview, testing, etc. Then was told I had the job about 2 weeks later. When I asked when I would start, I was told that "her supervisor" had to sign the contracts, etc and they would be emailed to me. Four days later nothing. I asked again but he was now out of the office. I then asked how soon I would start after I signed the paperwork and was told that first I would be given instructions on how to download their program but to wait until during the day because the Help Desk was closed after 5 pm. Then I would be mailed (snail mail) a CD to start training. Also they pay for black characters only and you get paid through Pay Pal and have to pay something like $3 per $100 to process your paycheck. If I remember correctly, you have to lease their program as well. All in all I wasted over a month with these people and after finding out all the other things that were yet facing me, I told her I was no longer interested in working for them. I can only imagine how they work and pay checks came in. They are very strange and very secretive. I investigated them on line and their top priority is medical transcription programs and technology, not actual MLS work. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the heads up!!! So sorry you went through that. nm - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

Any Info On InScribe Would Be Appreciated.
Oct 06, 2010

Their ads do not require previous experience as an MT, and you have to purchase a different foot pedal. Is this unusual? Thanks in advance for any advice. ...

Info Appreciated On SoftScript.
Nov 02, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the employee cost for a single plan with SoftScript is?  Also what is the added CPL for 2nd shift differential? ...

Any Experience Info On Zylomed Appreciated. NM
Mar 27, 2010

. ...

Precyse Amyone? Info Appreciated.
Jul 29, 2010

NM ...

Any Recent Info On Transcend Would Be Appreciated. Thanks. Nm
Feb 18, 2011

x ...

United Transcriptio In NC-any Info Would Be Appreciated
Aug 05, 2011

Especially interested in their pay scale. Thx ...

Any Info On Chronicle Transcripts Would Be Greatly Appreciated
Mar 06, 2010

I passed all testing and now am up for an interview with Chronicle and was hoping for some more input on company.  I see some posts, but older ones and would like anyone who might currently be working for them regarding lines, pay, work available, etc.  I am currently with a company, SoftScript, and really need to get out, but do not want to go to another company just as bad.  Thanks. ...

Sandia Medical Transcription, Albuquerque, NM; Any Info Appreciated
Dec 04, 2010

Does anyone work for or has anyone heard of Sandia Medical Transcription out of Albuquerque, NM?  They call themselves the “Internet Dictation Service for Traditional Catholic Doctors” and their website states they “serve doctors, regardless of religion, who only perform moral medical procedures.” It sounds like they only do straight transcription (no SR) and only hire Independent Contractors. Anyone have any insight into this company?  Any information would b ...

How's Breitner For Editing? Any Real Cash Possible? Any Info Appreciated.
May 19, 2014

TIA ...

Testing For MedGarde
Feb 24, 2010

Anyone do the testing for MedGarde?  You can't use any foot pedal?  Isn't that crazy? ...

Has Anyone Ever Worked For MedGarde
Aug 15, 2010

Has anyone ever worked for MedGarde and if so what was your experience with them? Their web site sounds great! ...

MedGarde - Can Anyone Tell Me About This Company?
Nov 23, 2010

Can anyone tell me about this company?  I have researched the archives but the information there is either old or inconsistent.  I would like information from a MT who works for them currently, not 3 or 4 years ago.  I know it is IC and pay is weekly, but can you tell me the rate of cpl, work available and anything about the company in general.   I would greatly appreciate it, as I have an interview coming up with them soon.  TIA!            ...

Familiarity With Medgarde Anyone?
Dec 03, 2010

Does anyone out there have any experience with Medgarde.  They apparently hire IC and schedule jobs according to TAT.  They state payment by production only and direct deposited weekly.  I guess I need to know their reliability, their stability - anything on this company would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Don't Bother With MedGarde!!!
Jan 26, 2011

In December I was contacted by MedGarde's recruiter to set up a telephone interview.  This was after I had submitted my resume and tested for them.  The interview was 45 minutes and consisted of multiple questions regarding my education, experience, etc.  Then there was a verbal test on computer knowledge.  Then there was a verbal test on medical terminology knowledge.  Afterwards, she thanked me and told me she would be in contact with me by early next week.  ...

Anybody Work For MedGarde?
Aug 24, 2011

Anybody work for MedGarde????  I really need a change.  Work for MQ now and just cannot stay there. ...

MedGarde Or Softscript
Mar 22, 2012

Has anyone worked for MedGarde or Softscript.  Are they good companies to work for? ...

MedGarde Hiring Question
Jan 25, 2011

A few days ago I received an email from MedGarde saying that they received my test, but due to sufficient staffing, they aren't hiring at this time. They said when they do, my info is supposed to be reviewed by a recruiter. So I am wondering, does this mean that I passed the test? If they were not hiring but I failed the test, would they have just sent me a "failed" email? Also, has anyone ever received an email like this from them in the past and been hired shortly thereafter? Any h ...

Anyone Work For Athroen/Medgarde
May 26, 2013

They are IC, pay by paypal, pay on 65 vbc, but want a one-year contract signed, reserving the right to hold paycheck if that is broken.  Also, wording about charging me for work not done or "repetitive mistakes."  The interview and screening questions were the oddest ever for an MT position- http://www.athreon.com/test_final.php     I feel like it might be a micromanaging. if not downright questionable situation.  For my almost 25 yers experience they are off ...

MedGarde - Positive/negative About This Company
Mar 30, 2011

Anybody know anything positive/negative about this company.  I checked out their website today and they seem interesting and have a lot of what Im looking for.  One thing that caught my eye was the fact they pay weekly.  Now there's something that is very rare in this line of work.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  ...

Test For A Company Called Medgarde
Oct 07, 2011

I was asked to test for a company called Medgarde.  Does anyone know anything about them? ...

Any Current News On Medgarde? Can't Find Anything
Dec 30, 2011

Any current workers, recent experience with company, etc., greatly appreciated. ...

Are We Appreciated
Jan 30, 2011

I wonder if any companies anymore both big and little appreciate their MTs for what they do, if they are high producers, good quality and in the case of an IC work a good dependable schedule for them.  I get the feeling that they just think oh well they can all be replaced with all these MTs out and about looking for jobs.  I never saw so many hits on jobs as I have seen lately.  I dont know how anyone ever gets a job unless there are a lot of underqualified people out there looki ...

Appreciated
Jan 08, 2014

Are there any companies left out there that actually pay decent and are nice to work for and appreciate quality work? ...

Nice To Be Appreciated
Nov 28, 2013

I ercently started with a company and posted prevously about how the recruiter had sent me a greeting card welcoming me to the company.  In addition, I also received a greeting card from the person who trained me when I started with the company.  I got up this morning (Thanksgiving) and had receieved a Thanksgiving greeting card from the company, stating how thankful they were to have me as a part of their team.  In today's market, I thought that was a nice personal touch. ...

Any Advice Appreciated
Apr 07, 2014

I'm having on H*** of a time with my dentist's office.  They have set me up for partials; lots of impressions and bringing me in for a final fitting.  I've coughed up $683, as they said this would be my portion after the insurance coverage.  Apparently they sent a fax asking Aetna about my insurane coverage, even giving them the ADA code for the procedure and getting a "yes" for coverage.  Now....come to find out the info they requested from Aetna was NOT a "pr ...

TT Managers Are Appreciated (sm)
Feb 11, 2015

I have had only good experiences with TT account managers.  They have always answered my emails promptly and been very willing to be flexible with my scheduliing.   AD has always taken the time to make personal phone calls to MTs when more info is needed or something didn't go through the system, to make sure they get paid on time.   I'm sure they share our stress over the accounts going to EPIC.  I just wanted them to know they are appreciated for all their hard wo ...

It's Great To Be Appreciated!
May 12, 2015

My QA scores have been primarily 100%, the lowest something like 99.6 and very infrequently anything less than 100%. My QC scores are consistently 0% as I never send anything to QC. I work my schedule without exception. Even when there is no work, I remain logged in and ready to work. My work is excellent as I have been transcribing for a very long time. I sent my TSM an email that I was resigning. The reply was "I'm sorry to hear that you are planning on resigning." I was not planning on ...

ABG On 40% S/l CAPC Or CATC. Help Appreciated. Nm
Dec 13, 2009

xx ...

Any MModal Advice Would Be Appreciated
Feb 08, 2011

I would like to say this is not an attempt to bash Keystrokes,  but an attempt to learn more from those more experienced with MModal.   Keystrokes is gradually transitioning to MModal.      I am trying to be positive but it is becoming more and more difficult.   One of my main dictators has a less than 20% rate of SR being correct.   I find it faster just to delete the whole job and do over.       Th ...