A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any current news on Medgarde? Can't find anything - posted since 2009. sm

Posted: Dec 30, 2011

Any current workers, recent experience with company, etc., greatly appreciated.

I actually rather like it... - workinhard

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Medgarde and I actually love it. The pay is alright... 7-10 cpl (7 for the first 4000, etc.). Plenty of work, though you do work out of a pool (contrary to what the website says). There are frequently email messages about late work on the servers so I think that anyone working there should be able to do as much as they want. You have to do a minimum of 30 minutes of audio per day. They still pay via PayPal and deduct a fee for "use of the software" (uhhh....isn't that like a retail store charging the cashier for using the cash register?) I can pretty much get as much work as I want. I find the support staff pretty good. I get a response back within an hour of sending a question via email (right away by phone). The support staff only work Mon-Fri 8a-5p. After that there is an emergency number to call. It is frustrating that they don't pay for spaces. None of my accounts have hard ESL dictators. They are using Winscribe and MediScribe software. I can work whenever, where ever I want. They have deadlines to meet for stuff, usually by 7am the next day. Anyways, I'm pretty happy there overall. Let me know if you have any other questions...

Similar Messages:

Anyone Know Anything About MedLinks? I Cannot Seem To Find Anything Current In The Archives. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

Any Current Info On Diskriter? Cannot Seem To Find Anything Past 2008. TIA. Nm
Apr 19, 2011

s ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

Testing For MedGarde
Feb 24, 2010

Anyone do the testing for MedGarde?  You can't use any foot pedal?  Isn't that crazy? ...

Has Anyone Ever Worked For MedGarde
Aug 15, 2010

Has anyone ever worked for MedGarde and if so what was your experience with them? Their web site sounds great! ...

MedGarde - Can Anyone Tell Me About This Company?
Nov 23, 2010

Can anyone tell me about this company?  I have researched the archives but the information there is either old or inconsistent.  I would like information from a MT who works for them currently, not 3 or 4 years ago.  I know it is IC and pay is weekly, but can you tell me the rate of cpl, work available and anything about the company in general.   I would greatly appreciate it, as I have an interview coming up with them soon.  TIA!            ...

Familiarity With Medgarde Anyone?
Dec 03, 2010

Does anyone out there have any experience with Medgarde.  They apparently hire IC and schedule jobs according to TAT.  They state payment by production only and direct deposited weekly.  I guess I need to know their reliability, their stability - anything on this company would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Don't Bother With MedGarde!!!
Jan 26, 2011

In December I was contacted by MedGarde's recruiter to set up a telephone interview.  This was after I had submitted my resume and tested for them.  The interview was 45 minutes and consisted of multiple questions regarding my education, experience, etc.  Then there was a verbal test on computer knowledge.  Then there was a verbal test on medical terminology knowledge.  Afterwards, she thanked me and told me she would be in contact with me by early next week.  ...

Anybody Work For MedGarde?
Aug 24, 2011

Anybody work for MedGarde????  I really need a change.  Work for MQ now and just cannot stay there. ...

MedGarde Or Softscript
Mar 22, 2012

Has anyone worked for MedGarde or Softscript.  Are they good companies to work for? ...

MedGarde Hiring Question
Jan 25, 2011

A few days ago I received an email from MedGarde saying that they received my test, but due to sufficient staffing, they aren't hiring at this time. They said when they do, my info is supposed to be reviewed by a recruiter. So I am wondering, does this mean that I passed the test? If they were not hiring but I failed the test, would they have just sent me a "failed" email? Also, has anyone ever received an email like this from them in the past and been hired shortly thereafter? Any h ...

Anyone Work For Athroen/Medgarde
May 26, 2013

They are IC, pay by paypal, pay on 65 vbc, but want a one-year contract signed, reserving the right to hold paycheck if that is broken.  Also, wording about charging me for work not done or "repetitive mistakes."  The interview and screening questions were the oddest ever for an MT position- http://www.athreon.com/test_final.php     I feel like it might be a micromanaging. if not downright questionable situation.  For my almost 25 yers experience they are off ...

MedGarde - Positive/negative About This Company
Mar 30, 2011

Anybody know anything positive/negative about this company.  I checked out their website today and they seem interesting and have a lot of what Im looking for.  One thing that caught my eye was the fact they pay weekly.  Now there's something that is very rare in this line of work.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  ...

Anyone Familiar With MedGarde? Any Info Would Be Appreciated!
Sep 25, 2011

.. ...

Test For A Company Called Medgarde
Oct 07, 2011

I was asked to test for a company called Medgarde.  Does anyone know anything about them? ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

Big ASR News
Jan 27, 2010

I opened a ticket yesterday for ASR, asking them to have H and H expand out to hemoglobin and hematocrit for my account, and less than 24 hours I got a message saying it was done! Unbelievable.    Seems crazy we would all have to do this, but if we all do this, maybe some positive change could actually come.    I gave them the account, an internal job number, and my contact number and just stated what the problem was.  My understanding is this was corrected for this ...

More Bad News For MQ MT/MEs
Jan 29, 2010

I got the below link from my MQ Google Alert.  If Speris tanks, there's gonna be a ton of MQs scrambling for jobs.  I'm sure the Q will see this as the perfect opportunity to cut our salaries again as we fear for our jobs. http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 ...

I've Got News For Everyone
Jul 10, 2011

Most of the companies are paying 8 cpl for transcription and 4 cpl for editing.  MQ is not going to stop until they reach that rate even though they may do it gradually as they have been doing. ...

ST MTs, Any News Yet??
Jun 07, 2012

Has anyone heard anything further about the work (or lack of) situation?  Was really low this pay period. ...

CCS News
Sep 02, 2012

Check out the new eligibility requirements for sitting for the CCS that will go into effect on January 1, 2013.  No longer just a high school diploma.  : http://www.ahima.org/downloads/pdfs/certification/Candidate_Guide.pdf   ...

ANY NEWS
Jul 07, 2013

Curious. ...

Fox News And TAA
Aug 29, 2013

Fox News just did a segment on TAA cons/pros... but I missed most of it... anyone see it and have input? ...

TT News
Oct 29, 2014

Any opinions on the news today of office closing? Not many were named as being shifted to working at home. I hope that doesn't mean everyone else was let go. ...

Transcend/MDI News?
Nov 04, 2009

Does anyone know if there is another conference call scheduled soon?  I have not received notification, but it seems there should have been another scheduled for today if they are still doing the every-other-week thing as the last one was 2 weeks ago today.  Also, didn't they say packets would be distributed the first week of November?  ...

Sad News From Vermont
May 26, 2010

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20100526/NEWS02/5260344/1003/NEWS02 Now our job pool is going to get smaller.   :( ...

More India News
Jul 24, 2010

Good morning, In your browser type in india.com and you will get "The Economic Times", one of India's newspapers.  Interesting.  What is even more interesting is to put in CBay up in the search bar (top right side) and watch what comes up.  More information on CBay, but from India's newspaper perspective.  Interesting to say the least.  Always good to get an objective opinion!!  ...

Any News On Acusis?
Aug 08, 2010

Any news on Acusis? I am just wondering if they are worth testing for. ...

Good News!
Apr 05, 2011

McDonald's adding 50,000 new jobs!  Yay!  ...

WHEN Will We Get News About Changes At Webmedx?
Jul 05, 2011

This whole thing makes absolutely zero sense to me. Webmedx has 500+ employees, right? What management is going to make an announcement regarding a publicly traded company and then tell employees not to talk? I would think announcing changes like that would put them at risk of actually influencing the stock. And they have to know it's ridiculous to think that many people are going to keep the announcement confidential. To me, it seems extremely irresponsible of Webmedx any way I look at it ...