A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

testing for MedGarde - ejt

Posted: Feb 24, 2010

Anyone do the testing for MedGarde?  You can't use any foot pedal?  Isn't that crazy?

MedGarde - dsauverwald

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes I have, and not being able to use a footpedal was aweful. I just got an email back from them today stating that my testing files were not up to par with their requirements and although my qualificatins would suit another company, they did not suit MedGarde - I left 2 blanks, one was inaudible and the other was when the voice was cut off! Oh well, I have another job lined up so not too concerned. But, would like to see what their expectations are on the test, as they seem to be pretty high, like having 100% accuracy.

MedGarde - tested

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it was a gigantic pain in the butt! That one took me forever, and it's a good thing it wasn't timed. I did get an email from them saying that I passed the test, but they weren't hiring at the time. This was back in November, and now I can't remember if I responded to an job posting or just got their name from a list of companies or an MT forum.

argh! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That really bugs me! Why don't they tell you that they're not hiring PRIOR to completing the test?

I was told my hours did not match. I don't think they are hiring. nm - Tiff

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Are you not with SoftScript anymore? Just curious.. nm - Tiff

[ In Reply To ..]
x

not anymore - dsauverwald

[ In Reply To ..]
No I am no longer with SoftScript! They "implemented a new policy and will no longer be employing Canadian MTs". LOL I think there was more to it than just that, perhaps they were sick of my honesty and the fact that I stood up for myself when it came to respect within the company. Oh well, have a new job lined up with a Canadian company.

MedGarde - to ejt - itype2

[ In Reply To ..]
WebMedX makes you test without a foot pedal too.

MedGarde - to ejt - an additional note - itype2

[ In Reply To ..]
I took this test. They hire IC only. The sound quality on my test was not very good, the audio was pretty scratchy. I thought they should have blanked out some of the names as the doctor's names and dates of service were audible. I left a couple of blanks.

I was going to until...sm - sosmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I found out that they don't pay for spaces, you get paid through Paypal, and you have to pay $5 a week to access their software. I also read that you have to sign a one-year contract with them. NO THANK YOU!!

MedGarde - itype2

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you, I found some more information on them in the archives, it does not sound good!

Please see message on Medgarde......sm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
Three years ago, in between jobs, I was determined to find a REALLY good company, good management, good work platform, acute care, etc. Okay, having sent my resume with my 25 years experience in all types and specialties, they jumped, gave me the test, and then they called the same day and said I aced it, perfect score, when could I start? I was willing to start immediately.......how much cpl?......6cpl to start, and then perhaps 6.5 after three months. I passed on that one after very nicely telling me that their pay scale would be insulting to all hardworking, very experienced, dedicated MTs. That's my story.

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Ever Worked For MedGarde
Aug 15, 2010

Has anyone ever worked for MedGarde and if so what was your experience with them? Their web site sounds great! ...

MedGarde - Can Anyone Tell Me About This Company?
Nov 23, 2010

Can anyone tell me about this company?  I have researched the archives but the information there is either old or inconsistent.  I would like information from a MT who works for them currently, not 3 or 4 years ago.  I know it is IC and pay is weekly, but can you tell me the rate of cpl, work available and anything about the company in general.   I would greatly appreciate it, as I have an interview coming up with them soon.  TIA!            ...

Familiarity With Medgarde Anyone?
Dec 03, 2010

Does anyone out there have any experience with Medgarde.  They apparently hire IC and schedule jobs according to TAT.  They state payment by production only and direct deposited weekly.  I guess I need to know their reliability, their stability - anything on this company would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Don't Bother With MedGarde!!!
Jan 26, 2011

In December I was contacted by MedGarde's recruiter to set up a telephone interview.  This was after I had submitted my resume and tested for them.  The interview was 45 minutes and consisted of multiple questions regarding my education, experience, etc.  Then there was a verbal test on computer knowledge.  Then there was a verbal test on medical terminology knowledge.  Afterwards, she thanked me and told me she would be in contact with me by early next week.  ...

Anybody Work For MedGarde?
Aug 24, 2011

Anybody work for MedGarde????  I really need a change.  Work for MQ now and just cannot stay there. ...

MedGarde Or Softscript
Mar 22, 2012

Has anyone worked for MedGarde or Softscript.  Are they good companies to work for? ...

MedGarde Hiring Question
Jan 25, 2011

A few days ago I received an email from MedGarde saying that they received my test, but due to sufficient staffing, they aren't hiring at this time. They said when they do, my info is supposed to be reviewed by a recruiter. So I am wondering, does this mean that I passed the test? If they were not hiring but I failed the test, would they have just sent me a "failed" email? Also, has anyone ever received an email like this from them in the past and been hired shortly thereafter? Any h ...

Anyone Work For Athroen/Medgarde
May 26, 2013

They are IC, pay by paypal, pay on 65 vbc, but want a one-year contract signed, reserving the right to hold paycheck if that is broken.  Also, wording about charging me for work not done or "repetitive mistakes."  The interview and screening questions were the oddest ever for an MT position- http://www.athreon.com/test_final.php     I feel like it might be a micromanaging. if not downright questionable situation.  For my almost 25 yers experience they are off ...

MedGarde - Positive/negative About This Company
Mar 30, 2011

Anybody know anything positive/negative about this company.  I checked out their website today and they seem interesting and have a lot of what Im looking for.  One thing that caught my eye was the fact they pay weekly.  Now there's something that is very rare in this line of work.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  ...

Anyone Familiar With MedGarde? Any Info Would Be Appreciated!
Sep 25, 2011

.. ...

Test For A Company Called Medgarde
Oct 07, 2011

I was asked to test for a company called Medgarde.  Does anyone know anything about them? ...

Any Current News On Medgarde? Can't Find Anything
Dec 30, 2011

Any current workers, recent experience with company, etc., greatly appreciated. ...

Saince Testing? Transcription Or Vocabulary/terminology Type Testing?
Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful.  ...

Testing For MQ
Nov 20, 2009

It is truly laughable that MQ expects US MTs to jump through hoops, passing their tests, audits, trying to decipher absolute garbage and paying us like we were 6 month trainees, etc., and then have the audacity to send work to India.  I hope MQ gets its due for all the grief they have caused and their role in the demise of this industry!  If Verizon were to put them out of business, that would definitely be what they deserve. ...

FN Testing/ESL?
Dec 21, 2009

Does anyone work for FutureNet ?? Or worked there in the past on ESL accounts? How was the test?  How are the ESL accounts? Incredibly awful dictators??Thanks! ...

When Testing ....
Mar 17, 2010

How are you supposed to know whether to put the headings and text on the same line or put the text on the line under the heading, put a colon after heading or not put a colon?  They said they go by BOS, but all I see pertaining to that in the BOS is the sample reports where they put the text under the heading with no colons after the heading.  I guess I'll just do it that way.  ...

Lab Testing
Jun 23, 2010

Doctor says her MELD score is 29.  Her s/l madrete???? discriminant function is 85. ...

Osi Testing
Aug 24, 2010

Has anyone ever tested for OSI - I hear it is quite lengthy and indepth - almost more indepth than the CMT test - anyone know from experience ? ...

Testing At ROI
Mar 21, 2011

Has anyone ever taken the test with ROI? and if so, did you pass? WOW what a test! Does anyone else feel the same way? ...

Testing For A Job
Nov 29, 2011

Just wondering, in general, if there is a limit to take a transcription test for a company?  How long are you given to take the test? ...

MME Testing
Jan 14, 2013

Someone told me about testing for MME, but I can't find any info on portal or elsewhere.  Any information about that out there?  Thank you. ...

Testing?
May 03, 2013

What is the purpose of being asked to go into Enrich and take quizzes?  What are they trying to do here?  ...

Testing!!!
Jul 18, 2013

I am hoping someone can help me out with this question. I am a single mother with a 3 and 6 year old. I recently resigned from my job due to management. I also got accepted to school that starts in Aug. I have done medical transcription for over 4 years, but currently not the last two years. I was working for a corporation and management there were all for sabotaging people. Since I have left my job, I knew that I could always come back to transcribing. I am taking tests to only find out, I didn ...

Testing For A MT Job
Feb 07, 2014

How many of you think that testing to get an MT job absolutely ridiculous? When you apply to these so-called medical transcription companies, you send them your resume which I am sure highlights not only your experience, but also your education that you paid good money for and worked hard to obtain.  Yet, they still make you take a test.  Have you realized that the tests are designed for you to fail?    Your whole future is based on one test. Your experience and you ...

Testing For CCS
Feb 19, 2014

Hello, I am a former MT hoping to transition over into medical coding. I have been unemployed since 01/2014. I'm looking for someone that can help me out. I've researched AHIMAs website about the requirements for obtaining the CCS certification. My question is: Can I apply and take the CCS exam during my final class in coding? I have applied for my medical coding certificate and will complete class in 3 months. The website states the requirements are (completed) coursework or work e ...

Job Testing
May 27, 2015

Hi,  I have been with the same company since I started this type of work but need to go elsewhere now.  I have no idea what to expect with testing.  Can someone tell me what it's like?  TY  (I am nervous!) ...

TESTING
Jun 05, 2015

Why are the tests for some of these companies awful?  Pitiful platform, unable to use foot pedal, etc.  By the time you get the dang thing figured out your time is up.  I am just frustrated with the entire process......  I am going to apply at Wal-Mart! ...

Archivus Testing
Oct 12, 2009

I am struggling with the dictation on the archivus testing.  I could only do one report with no blanks, the others are really tough.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What should I do if I cannot finish the reports or have really too many blanks? ...

Orthopedic Testing
Nov 12, 2009

This surgeon dictates the same over and over in multiple reports, and I cannot understand what type of testing this is.  "s/l Manuar test reveals 5/5 strength in forward elevation, external rotation, internal rotation, and abduction." "s/l The remainder of Manuar assessment exam of left upper extremity reveals 5/5 strength throughout all major muscle groups." I thought about the possibility of manual test, but that just does not sound like what he is saying.  Thanks so much! ...

MedQuist And Testing
Nov 18, 2009

Is anyone here familiar with MedQuist's pre-employment testing or their pre-employment process? Does anyone know how much they pay? Thanks!! ...