A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Appreciated - Anonymous

Posted: Jan 08, 2014

Are there any companies left out there that actually pay decent and are nice to work for and appreciate quality work?

Very apprciated where I work - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Very appreciated by the company where I work as an IC. They leave me alone to do my work. We are in the process of getting a new account and the manager of the company wanted feedback from the MTs as to rate of pay. She knows as well that I am in an area which got hit by the "deep freeze" and sent me a virtual cup of hot cocoa!

I am the poster who orginally replied to this post - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
"Are there any companies left out there that actually pay decent and are nice to work for and appreciate quality work."

What is the OP's definition of that statement? Pay decent? Well, the company that I work for has been bashed on here for "their low rate of pay." The days of making GREAT money in MT are long gone. I am greatful that the company is all straight typing and there are no plans WHATSOEVER to go to VR. It's been tried,and it failed.

"Nice to work for." Hmm -- rather a broad statement. What does the OP want there? Someone who wants to hear positive things, even though they may not be doing what the company wants or expects? Do they want hand-holding when learning account specs, and after a month or so of still having problems with not being able to understand the dictators, hearing, "well, you're doing a great job?"

"Quality work." While the OP may think they produce quality work, it might be entirely different from what the company considers quality work. I have been in this business for over 30 years, and I think I produce quality work. However, in working for this company, I have learned a thing or two.

The poster, IMO, was "fishing for names." She was naive enough to post her full email address on a PUBLIC board. That of itself, sent out a huge red flag.

When my company hires, they post openings on the other board, as well as several other places. It's called doing research and homework, and just not relying on the two well known sites for MT jobs. When I found this company, I didn't find it on the two big MT job boards and I was lucky enough not to have to test and was hired immediately.

There are many people looking and one of the things that was mentioned to me by the person that hired me, was the fact that they had received MANY resumes with typographical errors in them. It has been mentioned several times to make sure that the resumes are gone over with a fine toothed comb. It could make all the difference as to whether you will get a response and a possible opening.

To poster who originally replied - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
You could not have said it more truthfully or in a more articulate way. After 40+ years in the biz, I could not agree more. When I see errors, even in posts, I cringe. The Buddhists have this great saying "How you do anything is how you do everything." The late, great Vera Pyle used to say that a true MT would even spell correctly when making a grocery list! When someone would send me an inquiry (even an e-mail) with words spelled incorrectly, or, worse yet, using abbreviations (sorry U R not typing on a BB), I sent the resume straight to the circular file. I think you have summed it up 100% accurately.

Similar Messages:

Are We Appreciated
Jan 30, 2011

I wonder if any companies anymore both big and little appreciate their MTs for what they do, if they are high producers, good quality and in the case of an IC work a good dependable schedule for them.  I get the feeling that they just think oh well they can all be replaced with all these MTs out and about looking for jobs.  I never saw so many hits on jobs as I have seen lately.  I dont know how anyone ever gets a job unless there are a lot of underqualified people out there looki ...

Nice To Be Appreciated
Nov 28, 2013

I ercently started with a company and posted prevously about how the recruiter had sent me a greeting card welcoming me to the company.  In addition, I also received a greeting card from the person who trained me when I started with the company.  I got up this morning (Thanksgiving) and had receieved a Thanksgiving greeting card from the company, stating how thankful they were to have me as a part of their team.  In today's market, I thought that was a nice personal touch. ...

Any Advice Appreciated
Apr 07, 2014

I'm having on H*** of a time with my dentist's office.  They have set me up for partials; lots of impressions and bringing me in for a final fitting.  I've coughed up $683, as they said this would be my portion after the insurance coverage.  Apparently they sent a fax asking Aetna about my insurane coverage, even giving them the ADA code for the procedure and getting a "yes" for coverage.  Now....come to find out the info they requested from Aetna was NOT a "pr ...

TT Managers Are Appreciated (sm)
Feb 11, 2015

I have had only good experiences with TT account managers.  They have always answered my emails promptly and been very willing to be flexible with my scheduliing.   AD has always taken the time to make personal phone calls to MTs when more info is needed or something didn't go through the system, to make sure they get paid on time.   I'm sure they share our stress over the accounts going to EPIC.  I just wanted them to know they are appreciated for all their hard wo ...

It's Great To Be Appreciated!
May 12, 2015

My QA scores have been primarily 100%, the lowest something like 99.6 and very infrequently anything less than 100%. My QC scores are consistently 0% as I never send anything to QC. I work my schedule without exception. Even when there is no work, I remain logged in and ready to work. My work is excellent as I have been transcribing for a very long time. I sent my TSM an email that I was resigning. The reply was "I'm sorry to hear that you are planning on resigning." I was not planning on ...

ABG On 40% S/l CAPC Or CATC. Help Appreciated. Nm
Dec 13, 2009

xx ...

Any Info On InScribe Would Be Appreciated.
Oct 06, 2010

Their ads do not require previous experience as an MT, and you have to purchase a different foot pedal. Is this unusual? Thanks in advance for any advice. ...

Info Appreciated On SoftScript.
Nov 02, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the employee cost for a single plan with SoftScript is?  Also what is the added CPL for 2nd shift differential? ...

Any MModal Advice Would Be Appreciated
Feb 08, 2011

I would like to say this is not an attempt to bash Keystrokes,  but an attempt to learn more from those more experienced with MModal.   Keystrokes is gradually transitioning to MModal.      I am trying to be positive but it is becoming more and more difficult.   One of my main dictators has a less than 20% rate of SR being correct.   I find it faster just to delete the whole job and do over.       Th ...

Probity-Any Information Would Be Appreciated
Aug 14, 2011

I was not able to find recent information about them.   1.  Are they honest?  (I recently had a bad experience) 2.  Is there steady work?   (I did not have that.) 3.  Are they flexible?   4.   Benefit information.   I would apreciated any infomration.      ...

It Is Nice To Feel Appreciated
Nov 03, 2014

Let me start by saying that I live in a rural area and because I am about a quarter mile from my mailbox, I do not get my mail daily.  My landlord came over today (Monday), with my mail and one of the items was a belated birthday card from the company that I work for United Transcription.  It is nice to know that there are some smaller, apparently caring companies out there. ...

Fast Chart - Any Information Is Appreciated
Dec 16, 2009

Any information is appreciated on format, pay, etc. ...

Need Help-starting Up Own MT Business-advice Appreciated
Jan 04, 2010

I am starting up my own MT business and have been in the process for about six months now.  I just do not want to get it up and running and realize that I forgot something or messed up somewhere down the line.  My main concern is the new HITECH Act that goes into effect in February.  I plan on having a couple of girls working for me from their homes and I am just confused on the exact rules and regulations that coincide wtih this new act.  Also, I need advice on the best way ...

Any Information On Chroncle Transcription Is Appreciated.
Mar 02, 2010

.. ...

Any Experience Info On Zylomed Appreciated. NM
Mar 27, 2010

. ...

Medical Reception, All Help Would Be Appreciated Greatly!!!
Jul 15, 2010

I have an interview tomorrow and I am so excited I can barely contain myself!  The only problem is that it is in medical reception and I have never done it.  I have done basic reception for a plumbing company and have done transcription for 5 years.  The only reason I need this job is because I deperately some extra income coming in and this job is only 2 days a week, which makes it perfect since I am a single mom of 3!  My ex told me he would rather go to jail then pay ...

Precyse Amyone? Info Appreciated.
Jul 29, 2010

NM ...

Any Recent Info On Transcend Would Be Appreciated. Thanks. Nm
Feb 18, 2011

x ...

United Transcriptio In NC-any Info Would Be Appreciated
Aug 05, 2011

Especially interested in their pay scale. Thx ...

Anyone Familiar With MedGarde? Any Info Would Be Appreciated!
Sep 25, 2011

.. ...

Any Information On Softscript...good Or Bad...appreciated.
Oct 14, 2011

nm ...

Newbie Questions- Your Insight Appreciated
Sep 15, 2012

Trying to decide whether to join up and have a few questions.  Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.  And, the reason I am asking here, is that I trust your answers over the suits.  How long from offer to actually starting work? (Since I know they do a background check and have a lot of paperwork.) How long from starting work to actualkly getting a paycheck? How long is training on platform (DQS)?  How long to be fairly productive after training?  What is ...

Any Info On Chronicle Transcripts Would Be Greatly Appreciated
Mar 06, 2010

I passed all testing and now am up for an interview with Chronicle and was hoping for some more input on company.  I see some posts, but older ones and would like anyone who might currently be working for them regarding lines, pay, work available, etc.  I am currently with a company, SoftScript, and really need to get out, but do not want to go to another company just as bad.  Thanks. ...

Does Anyone Have Any Experience With Opti-Script? Any Input Would Be Appreciated. TIA Nm
Jan 21, 2011

x ...

Does Anyone Have Any Experience With Chronicle Transcripts? Any Input Would Be Appreciated. TIA Nm
Jan 31, 2011

s ...

Amphion - Current Employee Comments Appreciated
Jul 29, 2014

I was just at the AHDI Conference and talked to Amphion..I know they only pay for black characters on a page, no spaces or headers or footers...looking for comments from Current Amphion employees...how do you like the company and can you make any $$ there? ...

Sandia Medical Transcription, Albuquerque, NM; Any Info Appreciated
Dec 04, 2010

Does anyone work for or has anyone heard of Sandia Medical Transcription out of Albuquerque, NM?  They call themselves the “Internet Dictation Service for Traditional Catholic Doctors” and their website states they “serve doctors, regardless of religion, who only perform moral medical procedures.” It sounds like they only do straight transcription (no SR) and only hire Independent Contractors. Anyone have any insight into this company?  Any information would b ...

How's Breitner For Editing? Any Real Cash Possible? Any Info Appreciated.
May 19, 2014

TIA ...

Any Input Appreciated Re: Front-desk Optometry Office Work
Jun 21, 2012

I'm a former MT who decided I couldn't live "peaceably" with VR (LOL) and left MT a few months ago.  I've had some trouble finding a job outside of MT since then, though.  I'm willing to branch out, but I suspect that after many, many years of doing MT, some employers aren't willing to take a chance that I'd be happy long-term in a less-challenging job.  (The applications I most often get a response from are medical-type jobs.)  Maybe they'r ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...