A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MedGarde or Softscript - callie

Posted: Mar 22, 2012

Has anyone worked for MedGarde or Softscript.  Are they good companies to work for?

MedGarde - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
I was once offered a job with MedGarde but decided against it when I was told I'd have to pay them $20 a month for the use of their software.

Software Payment - Stubby

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't work for MedGarde, but I do work for a company as an IC where I pay a $35 monthly "software lease" fee. I balked at first, but it was straight typing and I needed a job so I figured I would try it. Just let me say I am so happy I did not refuse this job for that $35 fee. I make more money in 2 weeks than I used to make in a month and that is without breaking a sweat; could make more if I was willing to push it. It is the most productive, lucrative position I've ever had. The $35 monthly fee is also tax deductible so there is no downside. Just don't get so bogged down in the little things that you miss out on a great opportunity! Again, I know nothing about MedGarde, but I know how we as MTs tend to be quick to draw a line in the sand, i.e., "I would never pay a company to work for them"; that attitude would have cost me huge!!

Similar Messages:

Testing For MedGarde
Feb 24, 2010

Anyone do the testing for MedGarde?  You can't use any foot pedal?  Isn't that crazy? ...

Has Anyone Ever Worked For MedGarde
Aug 15, 2010

Has anyone ever worked for MedGarde and if so what was your experience with them? Their web site sounds great! ...

MedGarde - Can Anyone Tell Me About This Company?
Nov 23, 2010

Can anyone tell me about this company?  I have researched the archives but the information there is either old or inconsistent.  I would like information from a MT who works for them currently, not 3 or 4 years ago.  I know it is IC and pay is weekly, but can you tell me the rate of cpl, work available and anything about the company in general.   I would greatly appreciate it, as I have an interview coming up with them soon.  TIA!            ...

Familiarity With Medgarde Anyone?
Dec 03, 2010

Does anyone out there have any experience with Medgarde.  They apparently hire IC and schedule jobs according to TAT.  They state payment by production only and direct deposited weekly.  I guess I need to know their reliability, their stability - anything on this company would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Don't Bother With MedGarde!!!
Jan 26, 2011

In December I was contacted by MedGarde's recruiter to set up a telephone interview.  This was after I had submitted my resume and tested for them.  The interview was 45 minutes and consisted of multiple questions regarding my education, experience, etc.  Then there was a verbal test on computer knowledge.  Then there was a verbal test on medical terminology knowledge.  Afterwards, she thanked me and told me she would be in contact with me by early next week.  ...

Anybody Work For MedGarde?
Aug 24, 2011

Anybody work for MedGarde????  I really need a change.  Work for MQ now and just cannot stay there. ...

MedGarde Hiring Question
Jan 25, 2011

A few days ago I received an email from MedGarde saying that they received my test, but due to sufficient staffing, they aren't hiring at this time. They said when they do, my info is supposed to be reviewed by a recruiter. So I am wondering, does this mean that I passed the test? If they were not hiring but I failed the test, would they have just sent me a "failed" email? Also, has anyone ever received an email like this from them in the past and been hired shortly thereafter? Any h ...

Anyone Work For Athroen/Medgarde
May 26, 2013

They are IC, pay by paypal, pay on 65 vbc, but want a one-year contract signed, reserving the right to hold paycheck if that is broken.  Also, wording about charging me for work not done or "repetitive mistakes."  The interview and screening questions were the oddest ever for an MT position- http://www.athreon.com/test_final.php     I feel like it might be a micromanaging. if not downright questionable situation.  For my almost 25 yers experience they are off ...

MedGarde - Positive/negative About This Company
Mar 30, 2011

Anybody know anything positive/negative about this company.  I checked out their website today and they seem interesting and have a lot of what Im looking for.  One thing that caught my eye was the fact they pay weekly.  Now there's something that is very rare in this line of work.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  ...

Anyone Familiar With MedGarde? Any Info Would Be Appreciated!
Sep 25, 2011

.. ...

Test For A Company Called Medgarde
Oct 07, 2011

I was asked to test for a company called Medgarde.  Does anyone know anything about them? ...

Any Current News On Medgarde? Can't Find Anything
Dec 30, 2011

Any current workers, recent experience with company, etc., greatly appreciated. ...

IC For Softscript?
Feb 27, 2010

Has anyone ever been an IC for softscript?  I ask because I read the complaints that employees had, that they had to make up sick time and they're not at all flexible with scheduling.  Being an IC would seem to solve that problem.  Also, what sort of line count do they expect? ...

SOFTSCRIPT, Inc.
Apr 29, 2010

What can you tell me about a company called Softscript out of California?  Thanks. ...

Job With SoftScript
Oct 29, 2010

Does anyone know if SoftScript is a good company to work for?  ...

Anyone Here Went From MQ To Softscript?
Dec 01, 2010

I've been with MQ forever but just can't stand it anymore with all their changes and micromanaging.  I'm considering Softscript, but don't know anything about their platform.  Anyone here quit MQ to work at Softscript?  ...

SoftScript Pay?
Dec 08, 2010

How long after end of pay period does Softscript usually pay?  I'm fairly new and trying to adjust!  It's the 8th and end of November pay hasn't posted yet - is it just me since I'm new?  Whenever it is, it's okay - I'm not complaining - I'm just wondering so I can budget accordingly!  I wasn't told anything about this at training or hiring and knew some helpful follks on here could help!  ...

Oh Me Oh My Softscript
Apr 16, 2011

such a shame since somebody there had the good sense to hire PMs who demonstrate a certain degree of competence that the executive leadership does not so very sad stay tuned ...

SoftScript At It Again
Aug 10, 2011

I work on MULTIPLE accounts and had about 10 jobs so far today.  and they have job posting on MTjobs.  Hiring for transcriptionists and advertising plenty of work.  ...

I Am Not A Fan Of Softscript,but
Oct 20, 2011

But, they have an ad on MTjob board that is just hilarious and funny.  They have a picture of a dog sitting on a lap top computer working and underneath the caption it says are you tired of your employer treating you like a dog.  The dog even have on glasses.  I am stiill laughing. ...

Softscript Really Bad?
Nov 28, 2011

Just finished their testing.  Have read the archives of 2011 on them.  Does not sound like a company I want to work for.  Are they employee status or IC?   Any current SS employees out there? ...

Anyone Have Anything To Say About Softscript?
Jan 31, 2012

anyone have anything to say about softscript?...have an interview with them next week... ...

Softscript? To Be...or Not To Be?
May 30, 2012

Anyone have anything to say about Softscript?  The good, the bad, the ugly. :)  Whatever you got, I'd like to hear it.  Pay on time, good people to work for, what is the pay, etc.  You know, all that good stuff.  Thanks! :) ...

Softscript.
Jun 26, 2012

I have noticed a significant decline in my line count with Softscript ever since their blooper that happened on MT week.  I dont really understand how that has affected my line count so much but I used to type 23 jobs and get about 1000 lines.  Now I type 23 jobs on the same accounts and get 700 lines.  Something is wrong with this picture.  I am looking for another job, I just feel like I'm wasting my time. ...

What's With SoftScript?
Aug 16, 2012

I noticed that every now and then that SoftScript advertises on the MT Job board for a pathology transcriptionist.  I tried applying for that job once, but they said that they wanted "recent" experience and the last time I did pathology was in 2001.  And yet, they keep advertising for that position.  What's up with them?  Can't they hold on to any help?  On the surface, it looks like they have a high turn-over rate with that position.  Am I missing somethi ...

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT SOFTSCRIPT?
Aug 25, 2012

Does anyone know about SoftScript? Are they good to work for? ...

SoftScript...
Sep 06, 2012

I interviewed and recruiter says they are hiring some 68 transcriptionists.  I asked was this for a new account.  She says, no for one of their old accounts.  What would you be hiring 68 transcriptionists for an old account unless you fired all the new ones, or is it just me thinking that way. ...

Are There Any Softscript QAs Out There?
Jan 22, 2013

I've not been working for SS very long and have been doing QA for them. I was wondering if anyone who reads this board is a QA, or has been a QA, for SS and, if so, do they audit you? How strict are the audits? What happens if you don't make the score? I have a friend who used to work for SS a couple years ago and she said that she quit because the audits were "nitpicky." I'm just wondering if I need to be concerned about that at all. TIA for the info. ...

Softscript W2s
Feb 04, 2014

Former employee, didn't get my W2 from SS, just called and she said they were mailed out the 20th or 21st so she is going to mail me out another one today.  My question is how long after they were mailed did you all get them? ...

Know Anything About Softscript?...sm
Apr 07, 2014

I saw an ad for Softscript and it says "are you looking for traditional work only and no voice recognition?" or something along those lines. Does anyone work for them or did and know if this is true? Are they a good company as far as treating their employees and requirements, etc.?? ...