A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any recent info on Transcend would be appreciated. Thanks. nm - anon

Posted: Feb 18, 2011

x

Different people have different experiences with the place. - CrankyOldBroadOnTheBeach

[ In Reply To ..]
Some of us get along fine there, while for others, it's an unending horror show. There's really no way to tell which category you might fall into without giving it a try.

If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to try to answer them, but I can tell you that right now, they are SCREAMING for more help on a huge new pediatrics account that went live last month, and they are still looking to hire more people to staff that one; so if you have any pediatric experience, this is a good time to jump on board.

ok. thanks for the info. How are they - sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
as far as benefits? I've heard on here of people getting screwed over by them. How about pay? can you make your own schedule? are they flexible? alot of VR or straight typing? ESL's? run out of work a lot? decent people to deal with? I've heard positive and negative about them. Thanks for your help!! I really appreciate it!! I've done TONS and TONS of research on here trying to find a good company to go with. Thanks again!

In answer to your questions... - CrankyOldBroadOnTheBeach

[ In Reply To ..]
"as far as benefits? I've heard on here of people getting screwed over by them. How about pay? can you make your own schedule? are they flexible? alot of VR or straight typing? ESL's? run out of work a lot? decent people to deal with?"

Re the benefits, it's a little different at Transcend than at most other places, in that to be considered full time and eligible for benefits, you have to earn gross pay of $900 or more for the pay period, which is half a month. How quickly any one person reaches that goal has as much to do with one's line rate as it does with one's production speed.

Pay? Again that's going to vary, but I have heard from more than one source that Transcend actually is one of the more decent payers among the largest companies. I have also heard from reliable sources that at least 2 people who have been top producers, reliable, and very highly skilled, have actually been given line rate increases when the company's only other choice was to see that person take a hike. But obviously one would have to prove oneself solidly over a period of time, and be working on an account that has trouble staying staffed, for anything like that to happen.

You really can't make your own schedule, per se, although when offered a job you MIGHT be given a choice of what shift you want to work, depending on what the needs are. Naturally, third shift is less popular.... The only real flexibility comes when we are invited sometimes to help catch an account back up, even when it's not our normal shift or day to work. I have never been actually REQUIRED to step in and help out when it's not my time to work, but I often do so, just to pick up extra lines, or make up time if I need to.

Staffing the accounts and setting the work pools is more of an art than a science, because there are so many variables (productivity levels of the workers, dictating habits of the doctors, etc.). I have been told by people from the company president on down that if your primary accounts are consistently running out of work, ASK for another account, and if you are not given one, go higher up the ladder until you do get one.

How many ESL dictators you get will depend entirely on the account(s) you work on. I have actually found that most of my ESLs are easier to understand (and also do better with the speech wreck, believe it or not) than some native English speakers who are just plain sloppy.

How much VR and how much straight typing again will depend on what accounts you work on, but Transcend is primarily an editing company, so more than likely you will end up in VR. From what I hear, the VR pay rate runs "up to" 60 percent of the straight typing rate. Some dictators, as we all know, simply can NOT be put onto VR, and it's also my understanding that some accounts do not want their work done by VR, but those are getting fewer and farther between, alas.

Almost all of the people I have dealt with have been perfectly decent. There are a few people (who shall remain unnamed) whose reputations precede them, and not in such a good way... but it's going to be the luck of the draw whose team you end up on, and how well you do or do not get along with your management team.

It's been my experience that we do kind of have to keep an eye on the HR and payroll departments, just to make sure everything goes the way it's supposed to. I've had a number of time card and line count "issues" that I have had to address with payroll, going through my team leads, and every one of them has been eventually resolved in my favor, but you have to stay on top of it.

Lastly... right now they are still looking to hire more people on a HUGE new pediatric account, so if you have any experience in that area, this is a good time to apply.

Best of luck to you!
In shortâ€Â¦. - Ex-transcender
[ In Reply To ..]
â€Â¦they’re like every big company out there. They’re nothing special.
I agree, nothing special! - trying to be happy sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I just try to stay happy realizing Transcend has to pay low (for me 7.9 typing, 4 for editing)to make more people not qualify for benefits, thus more profit for them. So I keep on making 900 to 1200 a month with no benefits, but at least I get something for all my time, and of course something is better than nothing.
So if they keep your workflow slow, you won't be - able to qualify for benefits. Nice. Real nice.
[ In Reply To ..]
who has a low work flow? If you just put your mind to it, - transcender
[ In Reply To ..]
you can sit down and crank out 1500-2000 lines a day without problems. If you are making 4 cpl editing, and of course there are always a few typing jobs in there, since usually there are 11-12 working days in a pay period since it is semi-monthly, you can pull $900 without much effort. You just have to stop the interruptions and get over being frustrated. It is not easy, I know, takes a while to do it, but set goals that you can attain and keep to them. Do not try to set the world on fire and do 20 difficult goals at one time - i.e. increase line counts, stop smoking, remodel your house, build cages for your kids and lose 100 pounds. You will set yourself up for failure. Your first goal should be to change your attitude from negative - I can never do this - to positive - others can do it and I can too. Makes life so much easier.
Thank you so much for the info! nm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Thank you so much for the info! nm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I squacked once to my TL that I was running out of work at night. - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
That problem was remedied immediately and I now never have less than 50 jobs in my pool at one time. I may not like all the accounts or the dictators, but I learned along time ago that the more you do of the ones you don't like, the easier it gets and I would rather be making some money than watching the clock tick and being broke.

That pediatrics account is a nightmare. - Nuff Said

[ In Reply To ..]

It's a heck of a lot better than a couple of my backups. - I make decent money on it as a secondary. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
What do you mean, Nuff Said? Others have said - they love it. ?? NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I love the peds account. It is great. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

Any Info On InScribe Would Be Appreciated.
Oct 06, 2010

Their ads do not require previous experience as an MT, and you have to purchase a different foot pedal. Is this unusual? Thanks in advance for any advice. ...

Info Appreciated On SoftScript.
Nov 02, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the employee cost for a single plan with SoftScript is?  Also what is the added CPL for 2nd shift differential? ...

Any Experience Info On Zylomed Appreciated. NM
Mar 27, 2010

. ...

Precyse Amyone? Info Appreciated.
Jul 29, 2010

NM ...

United Transcriptio In NC-any Info Would Be Appreciated
Aug 05, 2011

Especially interested in their pay scale. Thx ...

Anyone Familiar With MedGarde? Any Info Would Be Appreciated!
Sep 25, 2011

.. ...

Any Info On Chronicle Transcripts Would Be Greatly Appreciated
Mar 06, 2010

I passed all testing and now am up for an interview with Chronicle and was hoping for some more input on company.  I see some posts, but older ones and would like anyone who might currently be working for them regarding lines, pay, work available, etc.  I am currently with a company, SoftScript, and really need to get out, but do not want to go to another company just as bad.  Thanks. ...

Sandia Medical Transcription, Albuquerque, NM; Any Info Appreciated
Dec 04, 2010

Does anyone work for or has anyone heard of Sandia Medical Transcription out of Albuquerque, NM?  They call themselves the “Internet Dictation Service for Traditional Catholic Doctors” and their website states they “serve doctors, regardless of religion, who only perform moral medical procedures.” It sounds like they only do straight transcription (no SR) and only hire Independent Contractors. Anyone have any insight into this company?  Any information would b ...

How's Breitner For Editing? Any Real Cash Possible? Any Info Appreciated.
May 19, 2014

TIA ...

Info About Transcend
Oct 27, 2009

Any info about this company in Atlanta, Georgia.  Pay roll, work, etc. ...

Transcend Info
Jan 25, 2010

Does Transcend send out announcements about their Quarterly Earnings Conference Call?  Anyone want to eavesdrop?   Transcend Sets Date for 4Q 2009 Earnings Release and Conference Call.  Transcend Services, Inc. has announced that it intends to release its fourth quarter 2009 earnings before the market opens on Thursday, January 28. In a release, the Company noted event details: To participate in the conference call, please dial (800) 815-8193 (the US/Canada dial-in n ...

Transcend...Any Info
Aug 17, 2011

Any info you could give would be welcome.  Considering applying but not sure what to expect.  I realize there are naysayers in every company, but I'm just curious about actual stats, such as how many lines per day required, rough pay, etc. Thanks in advance to anyone w/ honest info. ...

Info On Transcend
Sep 18, 2011

I am looking for info on Transcend as I am not finding anything current in archives. Email me privately if you wish, I don't want to cause any commotion. What do they pay, what is their platform, is there any straight typing accounts? I am trying a new strategy of holding a few PT jobs to avoid my family starving. Thanx ...

Any Info On Transcend, BeyondTXT
Nov 05, 2009

Still looking for any info on Transcend, BeyondTXT, and what do they pay for straight transcription versus VR.  Current employer considering outsourcing to this company, and would like to find out what I can.  You may also reply to me by e-mail if you wish.  Thank you. ...

Transcend/MDI Bennies Info
Nov 23, 2009

Ok so I read the whole entire "packet" and all of the info on the web site.  I still feel like I am missing something.  There are forms to fill out in order to get benefits, but I can't seem to find anywhere just how much out of pocket we are to pay for these benefits.  Did anyone see this info anywhere?? ...

Nuance/transcend Merger Info
Apr 17, 2012

News found on Google:  Nuance "extends" offer to Transcend, evidently it is not yet a done deal, here is a link:     http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fshar.es%2FrwD0G&h=pAQGzG3pfAQEOTCQ9kz0JWPU06iLpbFD9CLxvXyjRfb--cw ...

Transcend Merger Compensation Info.
May 03, 2012

Here it is - chosen wording - ambiguous production pay and benefit plans "will be reviewed."  I, as may other Transcend employees - have a current line compensation rate of 9.5 cents per line on straight transcription; some much higher - having been hired with heavy - over 80% ESL.  Nuance MTs - what do you think the chances are we will "retain" our current line rates - WITHOUT Escription.  All responses warmly welcomed. From Letter to Employees - last week A ...

Need Info On Transcend Platforms. I Use Bayscribe And Find
Oct 27, 2010

it is not transcription friendly, almost antiquated.  I have considered switching to BeyondTxt, but don't want to do VR after my experience with Medquist.  I know Medquist has a horrible VR program and Transcend's is supposed to be better.  Have any of you used both platforms and can compare Bayscribe to BeyondTxt?  Also, how does your VR production compare to transcription?  I would appreciate any input.  ...

Are We Appreciated
Jan 30, 2011

I wonder if any companies anymore both big and little appreciate their MTs for what they do, if they are high producers, good quality and in the case of an IC work a good dependable schedule for them.  I get the feeling that they just think oh well they can all be replaced with all these MTs out and about looking for jobs.  I never saw so many hits on jobs as I have seen lately.  I dont know how anyone ever gets a job unless there are a lot of underqualified people out there looki ...

Appreciated
Jan 08, 2014

Are there any companies left out there that actually pay decent and are nice to work for and appreciate quality work? ...

Nice To Be Appreciated
Nov 28, 2013

I ercently started with a company and posted prevously about how the recruiter had sent me a greeting card welcoming me to the company.  In addition, I also received a greeting card from the person who trained me when I started with the company.  I got up this morning (Thanksgiving) and had receieved a Thanksgiving greeting card from the company, stating how thankful they were to have me as a part of their team.  In today's market, I thought that was a nice personal touch. ...

Any Advice Appreciated
Apr 07, 2014

I'm having on H*** of a time with my dentist's office.  They have set me up for partials; lots of impressions and bringing me in for a final fitting.  I've coughed up $683, as they said this would be my portion after the insurance coverage.  Apparently they sent a fax asking Aetna about my insurane coverage, even giving them the ADA code for the procedure and getting a "yes" for coverage.  Now....come to find out the info they requested from Aetna was NOT a "pr ...

TT Managers Are Appreciated (sm)
Feb 11, 2015

I have had only good experiences with TT account managers.  They have always answered my emails promptly and been very willing to be flexible with my scheduliing.   AD has always taken the time to make personal phone calls to MTs when more info is needed or something didn't go through the system, to make sure they get paid on time.   I'm sure they share our stress over the accounts going to EPIC.  I just wanted them to know they are appreciated for all their hard wo ...

It's Great To Be Appreciated!
May 12, 2015

My QA scores have been primarily 100%, the lowest something like 99.6 and very infrequently anything less than 100%. My QC scores are consistently 0% as I never send anything to QC. I work my schedule without exception. Even when there is no work, I remain logged in and ready to work. My work is excellent as I have been transcribing for a very long time. I sent my TSM an email that I was resigning. The reply was "I'm sorry to hear that you are planning on resigning." I was not planning on ...

ABG On 40% S/l CAPC Or CATC. Help Appreciated. Nm
Dec 13, 2009

xx ...

Any MModal Advice Would Be Appreciated
Feb 08, 2011

I would like to say this is not an attempt to bash Keystrokes,  but an attempt to learn more from those more experienced with MModal.   Keystrokes is gradually transitioning to MModal.      I am trying to be positive but it is becoming more and more difficult.   One of my main dictators has a less than 20% rate of SR being correct.   I find it faster just to delete the whole job and do over.       Th ...

Probity-Any Information Would Be Appreciated
Aug 14, 2011

I was not able to find recent information about them.   1.  Are they honest?  (I recently had a bad experience) 2.  Is there steady work?   (I did not have that.) 3.  Are they flexible?   4.   Benefit information.   I would apreciated any infomration.      ...

It Is Nice To Feel Appreciated
Nov 03, 2014

Let me start by saying that I live in a rural area and because I am about a quarter mile from my mailbox, I do not get my mail daily.  My landlord came over today (Monday), with my mail and one of the items was a belated birthday card from the company that I work for United Transcription.  It is nice to know that there are some smaller, apparently caring companies out there. ...

Fast Chart - Any Information Is Appreciated
Dec 16, 2009

Any information is appreciated on format, pay, etc. ...