A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anybody know of a company with clinic work, IC, minor flexibility in hours? - CrawlingBacktoMT

Posted: Jan 22, 2015

I've been out of MT for a few years to go back to college after spending a decade at the daily grind but finances require me to go back to work and so I'm crawling back to the industry again. 

Anyone know of any companies (nationals fine by me) who are hiring for clinic work? It would be extra ideal to find an IC position that offered me even minor flexibility with my schedule so I could break to drive my kids to school and husband to and from work etc. since we are currently all sharing a car. I saw a posting from Nuance that was promising but after applying with them, it sounds like they are only looking for acute care despite their marketing to the contrary. 

I'll take an acute care employee position if it's all that's out there but just hoping maybe someone here could direct me toward any company hiring for multispecialty clinic, psych (which has been my specialty most of my career), and/or anything that's less grueling (and yes, I'm willing to take less pay) than the 90% ESL/OP note fury that I've experienced with acute care in the past. 

Thanks for recommendations! 

Just sent you a PM. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

Trying To Type For 8 Hours And Having No Flexibility
Oct 20, 2012

Having a problem trying to type for 8 hours and having no flexibility. Any suggestions? ...

Flexibility With MQ - Changing Hours For Sports Activities, Etc.
Oct 12, 2009

Is this pretty much depending on who your direct supervisor is or is this new time keeping thing one that allows you to make changes, switch shifts, etc.? ...

Hunting A Company That Has Clinic/multispeciality
Apr 21, 2012

anyone  know of any good companies hiring,  need input.   Much thanks in advance ...

Company Requiring Set Hours For IC
Nov 05, 2014

I thought ICs could not be required to work specific shifts and hours, but one company is dogmatic that they WILL do as they say or hit the road.  The hiring person says that you contract to work specific times, which SHE specifies, not your choice.  Doesn't that make you an employee?  Or am I reading the BOLI laws wrong? ...

Minor ASR Annoyance
Jan 08, 2010

Not to add to the litany of complaints about ASR - but it's just so annoying the way whenever the dictator uses the word "period" - as in, "blah blah blah for a prolonged period of time" - ASR puts in a PERIOD and ends the sentence right there.  ARGH. Okay, that's all.  Just a minor vent.       ...

S/l Minor Alimentarium?
Feb 15, 2010

if patient cannot get relief with what s/l minor alimentarium? then he will consider occipital stim....   patient has migrain headaches and chronic neck pain.   any ideas? ...

Minor Vascular Status?
Nov 03, 2010

This is an orthopedic clinic note of a crush injury to the hand. Doctor says, "He does have decreased sensation in the finger. M____ vascular status is intact other than the neurologic changes."  S/L maybe "minor vascular status" but in a sloppy sort of way. I don't hear the "n" in "minor."  Thanks. ...

A Minor Error In An ILP Report
Aug 02, 2012

Transcribed:  "...which they say they has at home and it is cool." Dictated:  "...which they say they have at home and at school." This is not an ASR report.  It was actually typed this way. This is just one of the minor errors.  I don't even count things like commas, have/has, and other grammar errors. ...

Two Minor Errors In 1 Word
Jun 19, 2015

Email from HDSM wishing a happy Father's Day to "all the Dad's on the team." Minor error for unecessary capitalization of dad. -0.25 Minor error for using an appostrophe on a plural. -0.25 Score:  99.5.  Passing is 99.6.  Failed.  Please think of why you did this and how you will improve.  Please reply with your reponse and when would be the best time to reach you for a phone conference. ...

Webmedx Flexibility?
Oct 10, 2011

I expect all companies have schedules and time clocks anymore, but could you tell me if Webmedx allows a little flexibility for extra runs to school for forgotten lunch, timing in 15 minutes early or late, etc.  As long as you get your total lines and hours in are they pretty easy to work with? ...

How Come I Am Gettting Feedback With Say 3 Minor Errors And
Feb 15, 2012

they are markers that I placed becuase I couldnt understand something, yet QA counldnt either and just made new markers???  I was told no more then 1 marker goes through to the customer... ...

Yahoo! Article About MT Being #4 Best Job To Have For Flexibility
Nov 04, 2010

Totally made me LOL this morning, especially the "You get to decide your own hours" line.  I cut and pasted this section of the article but the full report can be found here: http://education.yahoo.net/articles/flexible_careers_that_pay.htm?wid=1   Career #4 - Medical Transcriptionist Medical transcriptionists listen to and transcribe dictated recordings made by doctors and other health care professionals. As a medical transcriptionist, you would need to understand medical terminol ...

Part Time Job With Flexibility
Jan 29, 2012

I have a job part time job right now but am commited to specific hours. Due to some personal issues and changes with the company, I'm looking for something new. Was wondering if anyone knew of any companies hiring part time employees right now with super flexible schedules. ...

Accentus - Flexibility With Schedules
Feb 21, 2012

Hi.  I was wondering if there are any Accentus employees here that could tell me a little about working for them..specifically, their 15 hour weekend position, 3rd shift positions and if they are employee status positions.  I was also wondering if it a set schedule because I had read that there is more flexibility with schedules with Accentus, etc.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Nuance Flexibility & Standards Questions
Dec 04, 2013

I work from home part-time for a large hospital corporation locally, but we are constantly running out of work and being asked to use PTO or VTO and take the day off.  I'm running out of PTO and cannot afford to take the day off without pay.  I don't need insurance or any of that, as I get it through my current employer but to supplement income I decided to apply at Nuance.  A recruiter got back to me with the link to their pre-employment testing.  My question is th ...

Question On How Companies Deal With Schedule Flexibility.
Dec 01, 2009

I would like to know how different companies work with you as far as schedule flexibility.  For example, if you are working second shift and your child's music concert was during your shift, how would your company (or previous companies) work with you on that?  Any companies that are especially flexible or any that are especially not?  Along that line, any companies that give you, say a 10-12 hour window to get 8 hours in?   Thanks for any info you can give me. ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Am I The Only One In A Pod Who Got An Email Re "minor Schedule Shifts"?
Dec 23, 2014

Clinic Going VR With EHR
May 10, 2011

I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed over and over - I'm just starting to research it a bit.  (I haven't completely been under a rock but I have been in my own happy little world with my job ... until now).  I'm an IC transcriptionist (working from home) for a local clinic of 15 MDs/PAs.   Three of them are using Dragon Speak  VR  with EHR.  A fourth one just started.  What I want to know is if there is a place for me when m ...

Is It Possible To Get 40 Hours' Work In 40 Hours?
Aug 09, 2014

If it takes more, how many more? I realize this is an answer dependent on many factors, but I'm talking in general terms. Thank you. ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

What Is The Best Way To Go After Your Own Little Clinic Account?
Nov 13, 2010

My company just lost a huge account.  Since then I have not made much money at all.  I am scraping to get by.  After 10 years in the medical transcription field I am fed up.  I have always worked on such great accounts for good money.  Now, I cannot find something that is even average pay.  I am going to be taking a medical coding course; however, I still need to provide for my three kids.  I want to go out and solicit doctors and try to secure my own account, ...

In-house Clinic Pay
Nov 16, 2010

I have an interview with a local eye clinic (there are six surgeons).  Just wondering what kind of salary to expect to be offered or ask for (!), having been paid as a remote MT/VR Editor by production for many years and haven't a clue about salaries in clinics any more.  It is not as an IC but as member of their staff, permanent, full-time, 40 hours a week. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.   ...

Clinic Transcription
Mar 27, 2012

I am looking for clinic transcription.  Can anyone give a list of companies to try that have a lot of clinic transcription. ...

Nuance Took Over My Clinic
Dec 10, 2012

I just found out today when I had no work with my smaller company that Nuance took over all the work starting today.  I found out they knew about it 2 months ago and didn't tell us.  I am waiting on the contact information from the original clinic manager at the doctor's office so hopefully we can go with our work.  Has anyone else had this happen and if so how good are the chances of just going with Nuance.  At this point I just need the work.    Thank ...

Been Doing Clinic My Whole MT Career...
Jul 05, 2013

I've been doing clinic my whole six-year MT career. Now since there are not that many clinic transcription jobs anymore, I'd like to learn acute. But of course, all the acute ads say they want experience. I'm confident that I can pass some of the acute care job tests. Are some employers open to giving you an acute care job if you do well on the test, having no actual job experience in it? I went to a good school and am confident in my abilities. What has been your experience in th ...

My Clinic Just Went To EHR With EClinicalworks
Sep 13, 2013

Am I now out of a job or is there a place for transcription with this program?  Anybody have an idea of what to expect?  ...

There Goes Cleveland Clinic
Sep 18, 2013

wonder how many MTs this includes? http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/18/us-usa-health-clevelandclinic-idUSBRE98H14V20130918 ...