A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Flexibility with MQ - changing hours for sports activities, etc. - sm

Posted: Oct 12, 2009

Is this pretty much depending on who your direct supervisor is or is this new time keeping thing one that allows you to make changes, switch shifts, etc.?

shift changes - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
If anybody responds to your request at all in time, you have a 100% chance of not getting the holidays off and a 100% chance of using your PTO for everything else. So call in sick for kids sporting events. Making up your shifts happens everyday you can't get your lines in.

I am very fortunate - mamaathome

[ In Reply To ..]
My CCM and/or CTL reply promptly and they are usually pretty flexible. I don't know how long that will last (I get switched CCM's like every six months-a year..don't know why) but I will take it for now.

shift changes - Liz

[ In Reply To ..]
My supervisors/CTL, etc. have always been good about me changing my shift for a day here and there - I do it pretty often - as long as I make up the time elsewhere in that work week.

Similar Messages:

Trying To Type For 8 Hours And Having No Flexibility
Oct 20, 2012

Having a problem trying to type for 8 hours and having no flexibility. Any suggestions? ...

Anybody Know Of A Company With Clinic Work, IC, Minor Flexibility In Hours?
Jan 22, 2015

I've been out of MT for a few years to go back to college after spending a decade at the daily grind but finances require me to go back to work and so I'm crawling back to the industry again. Anyone know of any companies (nationals fine by me) who are hiring for clinic work? It would be extra ideal to find an IC position that offered me even minor flexibility with my schedule so I could break to drive my kids to school and husband to and from work etc. since we are currently all s ...

Changing Down To 30-35 Hours Instead Of 40
Sep 12, 2014

So, progressive part time anyone? Obviously, the PTO accrual (which is pretty pitiful even at full strength) is way less, but when you have to keep using all your PTO anyway to make up the paycheck and your lph goes down because of that, what's the point of that? I am considering going down to 30-35 hours so I don't have to scratch all the time to make up to 40 hours, even if my PTO accrual goes down, mainly because I am sick of having to "flex" every morning, noon, and night to get ...

Religious Reasons For Not Changing Your Hours, Can You Get UE?
Jan 29, 2013

It may be state to state also but let's say you had a religious reason for not working saturdays or sundays and they said to you "if you work sundays and saturdays you will have work" but you were not hired to work these dates as you stated when you were hired it was because of religious reasons, can you get unemployment? They are changing your schedule that you didn't sign up for, for a reason, religious objection. Just wondering. ...

Sports Medicine Surgery
Jan 28, 2011

Diagnoses: 1.  Right anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction utilizing hamstring autograph. 2.  Right medial collateral ligament repair with posterior ______ ligament capsulorrhaphy. S/l Bleak? ...

Phillips Andover Academy Sports
Nov 11, 2009

this is a girl boarding at this school and she plays basketball and s/l "crew"   i'm lost! ...

S/l Mild Activities
Sep 01, 2010

A bone scan shows some mild s/l activities or activity to the superior acetabular labrum.  It does not show any evidence to suggest loosening or osteomyelitis.  TIA. ...

On-shore US Illegal Activities By Indian IT Companies
Nov 25, 2009

Related to the US transcriptionists issues with work offshoring to Indian companies, is this article series about Indian owned/run companies in the Information Technology field pulling illegal activities right here in the US in order to save money.  http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_41/b4150034732629.htm http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_41/b4150034738024.htm http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_41/b4150034736588.htm Given that these owners would d ...

Sleeve S/L In-gart-ment For High Risk Activities.
Nov 03, 2009

She is at high risk for lymphedema and I recommended physical therapy referral for lymphedema management.  She will require sleeve S/L in-gart-ment for high risk activities.  She is blind and uses a seeing eye dog with her left hand. ...

CHANGING JOBS/CHANGING EMPLOYEES
Feb 23, 2011

I have been applying and studying the "online transcription world" for about 2 months, so I realize I have am a neophyte. BUT-it seems to me that what is happening here is a huge waste of time and money. If the companies paid enough, ACTUALLY had work when they hire, were able to ACTUALLY pay the employees at all,  and treated employees well, then the transcriptionists wouldn't go looking for another job and leave.  THEN the companies wouldn't have to maintain recruiters, pos ...

Webmedx Flexibility?
Oct 10, 2011

I expect all companies have schedules and time clocks anymore, but could you tell me if Webmedx allows a little flexibility for extra runs to school for forgotten lunch, timing in 15 minutes early or late, etc.  As long as you get your total lines and hours in are they pretty easy to work with? ...

Yahoo! Article About MT Being #4 Best Job To Have For Flexibility
Nov 04, 2010

Totally made me LOL this morning, especially the "You get to decide your own hours" line.  I cut and pasted this section of the article but the full report can be found here: http://education.yahoo.net/articles/flexible_careers_that_pay.htm?wid=1   Career #4 - Medical Transcriptionist Medical transcriptionists listen to and transcribe dictated recordings made by doctors and other health care professionals. As a medical transcriptionist, you would need to understand medical terminol ...

Part Time Job With Flexibility
Jan 29, 2012

I have a job part time job right now but am commited to specific hours. Due to some personal issues and changes with the company, I'm looking for something new. Was wondering if anyone knew of any companies hiring part time employees right now with super flexible schedules. ...

Accentus - Flexibility With Schedules
Feb 21, 2012

Hi.  I was wondering if there are any Accentus employees here that could tell me a little about working for them..specifically, their 15 hour weekend position, 3rd shift positions and if they are employee status positions.  I was also wondering if it a set schedule because I had read that there is more flexibility with schedules with Accentus, etc.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Nuance Flexibility & Standards Questions
Dec 04, 2013

I work from home part-time for a large hospital corporation locally, but we are constantly running out of work and being asked to use PTO or VTO and take the day off.  I'm running out of PTO and cannot afford to take the day off without pay.  I don't need insurance or any of that, as I get it through my current employer but to supplement income I decided to apply at Nuance.  A recruiter got back to me with the link to their pre-employment testing.  My question is th ...

Question On How Companies Deal With Schedule Flexibility.
Dec 01, 2009

I would like to know how different companies work with you as far as schedule flexibility.  For example, if you are working second shift and your child's music concert was during your shift, how would your company (or previous companies) work with you on that?  Any companies that are especially flexible or any that are especially not?  Along that line, any companies that give you, say a 10-12 hour window to get 8 hours in?   Thanks for any info you can give me. ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Is It Possible To Get 40 Hours' Work In 40 Hours?
Aug 09, 2014

If it takes more, how many more? I realize this is an answer dependent on many factors, but I'm talking in general terms. Thank you. ...

Another Example Of How MT Is Changing
May 06, 2010

Position available for full-time EMR Transcriptionist/Medical Assistant Applicants must have some EXPERIENCE in Electronic Medical Records data entry to qualify. Medical Assistant skills are necessary. For example, how to put on an EKG. Other important skills and qualifications of the ideal candidate are: Strong data entry skills - accuracy is also very important Good patient and people skills Dependable and a good team player ...

WMX - Changing From FT To PT ?
Jun 25, 2011

Does anyone know if you have to request your PTO be paid out when you change status?  I know we don't accrue PTO as PT so I would assume they would.  Just didn't know if I should request those hours on next payperiod or not.  Communication now is rather sketchy, so I thought I would ask here first.  ...

Changing TSM
Jul 03, 2014

What are the chances of changing TSMs or accounts?  I am on an account that has a lousy ESL who won't budge on his "speaking better".  I can never get the man right.  Always, always have errors on his reports.  Told my TSM that if I didn't understand and left blanks, would probably end up the whole thing being blank. ...

I Got In Trouble For Not Changing 1st, 2nd Etc
Oct 23, 2009

I always thought it was optional to spell out 1st, 2nd, or 3rd per AAMT BOS so now I will go look for it.  I am so frustrated though because not only do I get paid less on ASR but it takes longer to do it!  My accounts have to be put into standards and the dictators sure as heck do NOT dictate it that way!  On the physical exam in one of my accounts we have to do headings caps on the left margin, which isn't so bad, but I said they sure as heck don't dictate that way and ...

Changing Transcription
Jan 18, 2010

I recently discovered that another employee has been making changes to transcription that carries my initials along side the doctor's initials, which indicates me as the transcriptionist. I feel that this is not only inappropriate, but possibly also illegal. Is it illegal for someone to change transcription done by someone else without their knowledge and/or permission? Can I be held responsible for her changes within my reports? I do have copies of my original transcripti ...

Changing Professions
Feb 28, 2010

This message is to everyone who posts on this board, especially those who are advising/telling others to get out of the medical transcription field.  It seems that things have changed overnight with voice recognition and electronic charting but it is still very new and probably too soon to tell for sure how it will impact us.  Many of you are imagining the worst and every directive from a company or news item that appears is taken out of context and blown out of proportion by certain p ...

Changing CCM/Region
Sep 07, 2010

I was switched to new accounts back in March, a group of long-term subacute hospitals with the same name and locations all over the country.  HIGH HIGH ESL.  Most of the notes barely 30 seconds long, if that.  They are the worst money accounts possible with more time spent on ADT than typing because the notes are so short.  The ONLY good thing is that I rarely ever run out of work.  My income has gone down over 40% since being put on these accounts.  I ask ...

WMX And Changing Shifts
Sep 04, 2011

If you find you aren't happy with the shift you hired on for, do you have to wait 90 days to ask for a change?  Do you just ask your  manager or is there a request form you need to submit?  TIA. ...

Changing Gears
Dec 14, 2011

Well, here I am-45, recently lost my job due to one of the big MTSOs taking over at the hospital I worked at, and I am seriously considering going back to school.  I was thinking medical reimbursement and coding, but have been reading on some posts about that profession going the same way transcription has.  I would hate to put all of the time, effort, and money into another degree, just to be in the same boat in a couple of years, yet older and even more uneasy about changing to anoth ...

Changing To Something Besides Healthcare
May 20, 2012

Well, I've done it -- I've changed to something else for work other than anything in healthcare. I was an MT for many years, and I can't see any future for decent earnings, benefits or growth unless a person wants to be in direct patient care -- if they can even break into it after all of the hard work to earn another degree. I do have a university degree and changed to a job that pertains to that degree. I have seen many organizations go to Epic, which is an excellent system by t ...