A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

In-house clinic pay - Stargazer

Posted: Nov 16, 2010

I have an interview with a local eye clinic (there are six surgeons).  Just wondering what kind of salary to expect to be offered or ask for (!), having been paid as a remote MT/VR Editor by production for many years and haven't a clue about salaries in clinics any more.  It is not as an IC but as member of their staff, permanent, full-time, 40 hours a week.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA.

your state's Dept. of Labor has a wage minimum - IMANMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
list of all the different occupations. It is hourly usually. If you can't find MT look around for someting similar. But I think they have added MT to most of them, now.

If can't find state's go federal. Just for a ballpark figure.

Most VA contracts specify that MTs working on the account be paid that hourly rate, it's in all the solicitation/SOW mumbo jumbo.

In my area it looks to be around 12 dollars an hour. nm - cw

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Salary - tstone

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in California and interviewed for a very large orthopaedic sports clinic in San Francisco. The pay was $17/hour, which is very low for San Francisco. It's less than half of what I make at home on an IC basis and it was only 10 hours/week. Since it was part time and I would obviously not get benefits, I think the pay should have been in the low to mid $20's. Of course, I am in California and the cost of living here is very high.

In-house salary - LinK

[ In Reply To ..]
I work as an employee for a clinic (cardiology - but I do work at home). The salary is $17/hour. I get amazing benefits, none of which I got when I was an IC. I live in Upstate NY so our cost of living is nowhere near bigger cities. Good luck with your interview.

I worked for a Cardiology clinic several years - Pay going down everywhere

[ In Reply To ..]
ago in-house and my pay was $25 an hour with benefits as employee. I believe they dropped the pay to around $17 an hour when they sent the MTs home to work, but they kept the benefits. This was in Oregon. I was moving just before the change and so had to quit, but wish I could have stayed and gone home to work even at $17 an hour because I have not found a similar position, and nobody is leaving any time soon to open up a position for me to go back. Should have, could have, would have...

In-house clinic pay - Stargazer

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks everybody for your input - very helpful. I have now got a ballpark figure to expect or ask for !!!

When I was at MQ for 11 years (!), doing VR, I could earn up to $25.00 an hour if the work was there, until they pooled all the clients !!!

Salary - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Most companies have a pay range for their various positions. The physicians office probably won't start you at the bottom, it will probably be somewhere in a middle. A small clinic like that probably won't pay premium wage. I'd be careful about going in and asking for X amount of dollars. My suggestion would be not to bring up salary at all until they do. They'll make an offer and if it is not acceptable, negotiate with them instead of basing it on advice from strangers on a message board. What you made in the past at MQ is not going to matter to them, so don't even bring it up.

Similar Messages:

In-house Job
Oct 14, 2010

I applied for an in-house transcription job in August back at my old pre-MQ hospital.  They decided the work load was too light (they had lost Radiology) and we not going to fill it at that time.  Another position has been vacated and I got a call from a friend that they are definitely filling it this time.  There were only 2 qualified applicants in August.  I am hoping the other person found something great already.  I have my fingers crossed, am nervous, and need ...

In-house Pay?
Nov 09, 2011

I really have no idea if this is fair compensation or not, but I am looking at a job that is an in-house MT job, a 45-minute one-way commute, with full benefits, and the pay is 0.075 cpl.  The job will not come home, and the pay will only increase every year. Any opinions? ...

Does VR Get Better If Kept In-house?
May 16, 2012

Have any of your hospitals purchased a Nuance VR product that they've used for their in-house transcriptionists?  If so, does the VR quality get better and better since you have a limited number of MTs doing the editing?   It's not my hospital but one I know of that's starting with this new product, so I'm not sure of the exact product name.  I've worked for a huge MTSO where the VR never, ever improved in the 9 months I used it; but with soooo many MTs m ...

IN-HOUSE RATE
Mar 25, 2010

Have not worked in-house in over 10 years.  What is the ongoing rate for in-house transcriptionist in California. ...

In-house Postings
Aug 06, 2010

I wonder why companies post on internet job sites for in-house employees?  Why don't they just advertise locally in their community paper, etc. ...

Transcription House
Aug 18, 2010

Does anyone know good or bad about Transcription House ? ...

In-house Job Not So Secure
Aug 23, 2010

My job could be in jeopardy because we might be merging with another clinic, and there are no other local in-house MT openings. I've been working in a specialty clinic (in-house) the past 5-1/2 years. Even though I have 5 years of acute care/radiology experience and 1 year of multi-specialty clinic, and even though I took the M-TEC course and graduated with 98% about 3 years ago, it doesn't matter because I don't have recent acute care experience. Okay, I can unders ...

What Do In-house MTs Make?
Sep 09, 2011

Hi!  I was wondering if anyone knew what the going rate for a MT is in house (central KY)?  Do they get paid btl or hourly?     ...

House Of The Kidney?
Dec 05, 2011

This is a kidney transplant report, and the doc says: "A 6 x 12 double-J stent was placed within the ureter up into the (s/)l house of the kidney."  I looked up this term, but I can't find it with Google.  Any suggestions? Thanks! :) ...

Got An In-house Interview!
Jan 05, 2013

It's for third shift, which doesn't excite me, but from the second Nuance gave me a Christmas 25% pay cut I've been scouring jobs of all shapes and sizes. Imagine my surprise when I found an in-house job advertised looking for a CMT only. I really hope I get it so I can give Nuance the finger, which they will probably be glad about so they can give what little work I have left to India. I've been through several mergers and it's been relatively painless until the latest ...

Anyone In Houston Need F/T In-house? (sm)
Feb 22, 2014

MD Anderson Cancer Care in Houston, TX has an opening for MT F/T IN-HOUSE, with salary $39,500 to $47,400 ($19.53 to 24.68 per hour).  Oncology and CMT preferred.  Go to indeed dot com (illegal to post link on this forum) and search for "oncology transcriptionist" and it will come up with link to apply.  ...

Please, MTs That Still Have In-house Jobs. Do Know That
May 31, 2014

ANYTHING to make sure a sale goes through. They tell the hospital those lies so the hospitals can sell you down the river with no guilt. But those are lies. Things WILL change. Then your choice will be, is your compensation, in your opinion, adequate for the amount of energy you put into this job. ...

From In-house To Nuance
Jun 21, 2014

So, my in-house clinic job was outsourced to Nuance. We have been promised that we will work only on that clinic after moving to Nuance.  It is a huge clinic with a lot of doctors.   Has anybody gone through this that can tell me if they keep their promise on that -- where you continue to type your original clinic work?  ...

In-house Christmas Bonuses
Dec 08, 2010

I may have to reconsider working in-house as a medical secretary.  My friend is a PA at a local doctor's office.  They all got their Christmas bonuses last week.  All employees no matter how high up on the chain got between $2,000 and $10,000 bonuses.  Can you believe it??  ...

RE: In-house Versus At Home
Aug 01, 2011

I am excited to say that I have a upcoming job interview to work in-house in behavorial health. I am not real pleased to work in-house and will not get the opportunity to work from home which makes me sad. That said, I am looking forward to steady, stable, income along with health insurance, benefits, and being paid per hour. Guess, I just got tired of not being paid on time, working 7 days a week, etc.  My last check was $200.00/2 weeks which makes me sick because how are you supposed ...

In-house Job Prospect, What To Expect?
Sep 01, 2011

I just set up an interview for an in-house job.  Problem is, I've only worked from home, so I'm really not sure what to expect.  It is for a rural hospital district.  My experience is with medium to large multispecialty clinic accounts.  The HM manager said it was transcription, including radiology, as well as acting as assistant to her, which makes me think it might be more clerk work than transcription. I'm wondering if there are any questions I should ask m ...

Sounds Like Emery House
Sep 26, 2011

Patient in hospital, in a code, bradycardic and unconcious; oncology doctor cannot examine he because he is about to begin to have "emery house".   ...

White House Petition
Feb 06, 2013

Please sign this petition, just found it on the White House site and it has a long way to go to get recognized and responded to.   https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/bring-back-all-united-states-medical-record-transcription-be-performed-only-us-us-medical/TJzSQpZq ...

House Delays Vote On ICD-10
Mar 27, 2014

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/house-delays-vote-sgr-icd-10?topic=13%2C29 ...

MT Jobs On Indeed - In House Positions
Jul 08, 2014

In house positions, just go to Indeed and put in Medical Transcription without a location. Locations include Secaucus, NJ; Kalamazoo, MI; Idaho Falls, ID; Teaneck, NJ; Portland, OR; Kansas City, MO; someplace in Wisconsin (didn't say town), Florence, SC; Missoula, MT; and White Plains, NY.   ...

Quest In Marietta In-House Sm
Mar 19, 2015

In house in Marietta and pay is around 15 an hour.  Dang, I am just not ready for that type of interview or ready to drive to Marietta every day, but sure does look like a great opportunity for someone!  I would love to find something like that closer to home.  The interview though - geesh, don't know if my confidence or lack thereof would even pass the mustard.  Lots of competition in this area!! ...

State Of CA Job In-House - Good Job
May 29, 2015

For any of you who live in northern CA.... I'm in Southern, too far for me.  Anyway, good Job State Hospital.  Not a work from home position.  Paste link to find.  Good Luck if interested. Great pension.  Check it out.   http://jobs.spb.ca.gov/wvpos/more_info.cfm?recno=616326 ...

In-house Positions At Labcorp Question...
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone know any information about the transcription positions at Labcorp? They are in-house.  I have applied and they have called me (still playing phone tag with them).  Just curious if anyone has experienced working with them.  Not sure if I should take the big plunge and start working in-house rather than at home (with MQ for 8 years).  I have been with MQ for my entire transcriptionist career and have never worked in-house, but I'm wondering if it's ti ...

Anyone With Info On Transcription House Out Of Arizona, TIA, Nm
Jan 14, 2011

. ...

Are The Remaining In-house Employers Discriminating
Jul 22, 2011

at home for MTSOs?  Some ads seem to want X-number of years of RECENT on-site MT experience.  Others don't say that, but with so many failed job applications this past year, even for areas that I've specialized in for 20 years, I'm getting no interest, and often no replies at all.  In addition to having more than 20 years' experience, do you think these employers have a problem with work-at-home MTs?  Like maybe they see us as undisciplined, poorly trained ...

ANY HOSPITALS IN THE COUNTRY HIRING IN-HOUSE?
Jan 04, 2012

I was wondering if there are any hospitals that are hiring full-time transcriptionists for in-house transcriptionists -- not MTSO companies -- but actual hospitals or clinics.  I might be willing to relocate.  ...

Las Vegas In-House Radiology Job I Found
May 30, 2012

Radiology Transcriptionist - In House (Las Vegas) from In house radiology transcriptionists, with recent radiology exeperience, needed for large radiology firm in Las Vegas. In house per diem positions available for 24/7 coverage. IN HOUSE ONLY. No work from home positions available at this time. ...

White House Petition Re: Off-shoring
Sep 17, 2013

Check out site below. Signatures needed! https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sending-our-medical-records-offshore/B8mSk5hN   ...

Why Silent Type Requires An In-house Training?
Jun 20, 2010

Does anybody know why Silent Type requires an in-house training?  Is the platform so complicated that it can't be done through a Webinar or even just on the phone?  I've worked for a few places over the years, and there was nothing that couldn't be handled in a phone call with, at most, some graphics in a Go To Meeting type deal.  I just find it curious and makes me worry, like--if the platform is that cumbersome and complicated, do I want to work for them? Even when I w ...

Advice On In-House Versus Work-At-Home MT
Jul 20, 2010

I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me which is the best way to go.  I've been working as an IC MT at home for almost 2 years now, but I may have an opportunity to work in-house at a local orthopedic clinic.  Which is the best way to go?  Do you come out better "pay wise" working at home or working in-house with bennies?  Any advice from those of you with experience in this setting will be very appreciated.    Tx in advance!  :) ...