A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Minor ASR annoyance - Newatthis

Posted: Jan 08, 2010

Not to add to the litany of complaints about ASR - but it's just so annoying the way whenever the dictator uses the word "period" - as in, "blah blah blah for a prolonged period of time" - ASR puts in a PERIOD and ends the sentence right there.  ARGH.

Okay, that's all.  Just a minor vent.

Not a minor thing because period has to be - deleted --

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not like VR and so far I see no "training" going on with the 99% ESL dictators for my BOB. You're not alone on this one.

Similar Messages:

Annoyance Poll
May 28, 2014

What annoys you most on posts? Not just here, but anywhere on the Internet?  For some reason, it annoys the heck out of me what someone ends a post with *sigh* but *LOL* doesn't bother me in the least.  I don't know why. ...

S/l Minor Alimentarium?
Feb 15, 2010

if patient cannot get relief with what s/l minor alimentarium? then he will consider occipital stim....   patient has migrain headaches and chronic neck pain.   any ideas? ...

Minor Vascular Status?
Nov 03, 2010

This is an orthopedic clinic note of a crush injury to the hand. Doctor says, "He does have decreased sensation in the finger. M____ vascular status is intact other than the neurologic changes."  S/L maybe "minor vascular status" but in a sloppy sort of way. I don't hear the "n" in "minor."  Thanks. ...

A Minor Error In An ILP Report
Aug 02, 2012

Transcribed:  "...which they say they has at home and it is cool." Dictated:  "...which they say they have at home and at school." This is not an ASR report.  It was actually typed this way. This is just one of the minor errors.  I don't even count things like commas, have/has, and other grammar errors. ...

Two Minor Errors In 1 Word
Jun 19, 2015

Email from HDSM wishing a happy Father's Day to "all the Dad's on the team." Minor error for unecessary capitalization of dad. -0.25 Minor error for using an appostrophe on a plural. -0.25 Score:  99.5.  Passing is 99.6.  Failed.  Please think of why you did this and how you will improve.  Please reply with your reponse and when would be the best time to reach you for a phone conference. ...

How Come I Am Gettting Feedback With Say 3 Minor Errors And
Feb 15, 2012

they are markers that I placed becuase I couldnt understand something, yet QA counldnt either and just made new markers???  I was told no more then 1 marker goes through to the customer... ...

Anybody Know Of A Company With Clinic Work, IC, Minor Flexibility In Hours?
Jan 22, 2015

I've been out of MT for a few years to go back to college after spending a decade at the daily grind but finances require me to go back to work and so I'm crawling back to the industry again. Anyone know of any companies (nationals fine by me) who are hiring for clinic work? It would be extra ideal to find an IC position that offered me even minor flexibility with my schedule so I could break to drive my kids to school and husband to and from work etc. since we are currently all s ...

Am I The Only One In A Pod Who Got An Email Re "minor Schedule Shifts"?
Dec 23, 2014