A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

American Health Connection review - scribetimes

Posted: Apr 03, 2013

American Health Connection has posted for staff/agent jobs on MTDaily and MT Stars.  They are very pleasant people with whom to work for sure.  The trend these days is to outsource hospital patient registration and companies such as this are taking off big time.  Having started training with them, I have had nothing but trouble...at first I was told my bandwidth was fine, only to learn that I needed 40-50 download speed and at least 10 upload speed.  Had to switch to a new provider, however, they started pressuring me immediately to get this done sooner so I could start taking calls.  I purchased the headset for $30 and then bought a new PC.  Received nothing but pressure to train despite my slow internet speed.  They just didn't want to wait for me to get my new internet installed.  I was truly appalled that, after all I had done to be ready for training and being told my bandwidth was sufficient from the beginning and doing everything within my power to improve the situation they continued to pressure me to get the internet faster and I wasn't doing it fast enough and so on.  Despite the slow speed they insisted I go on live with the hospital, I told them I felt uncomfortable doing so and the phone started ringing off of the hook.  I had to bail.  If you can make it through this very tricky training and have the bandwidth from the get go, you could make it through the training.  I was advised I have to apply the medical codes also...this made me laugh so hard.  Seriously, you want me to code...and then you don't provide me with the codes to use...sorry. 

AHC call center - normalicious

[ In Reply To ..]
omg...so they want you to do coding in addition to scheduling. they want ya to by the ICD-9 coding book? WTH? Were you told you needed to do coding when they hired you? So many of these programs will apply the codes automatically. This sounds backwoods, dude. Good you bailed before you shelled out any more bank!

AHC - forschnizit

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a friend who was hired a month ago and fired 2 weeks ago after receiving a sketchy training from someone who really was not trained herself. I would avoid call centers for now myself.

Sad - BarefootMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had seen their posting yesterday in an email update from MT Jobs. This was exactly what I was looking for! I have been looking for a long time for a job where I can keep my MT skills but branch out and not be typing so much. My hands hurt! But as usual, MTs are regarded as someone with typing skills only, so never any phone calls back. When I read that they pay 1.00 min after clearing QA, my heart soured. Most freelancers are only getting 45.00 audio hour and that's only if you're lucky!! So yeah, sad. Red flag was having the MT do coding with no training. Won't be long before their clients are losing money because of wrong coding, and this company will be gone too. Ho Hum.

Similar Messages:

American Health Connection?
Feb 08, 2013

Does anyone have experience with them or did anyone find any info. on them?  I couldn't find much of anything.  Thanks. ...

American Health Connection
Apr 05, 2013

Is it just me or does the new American Health Connection ad look like others we have seen from another company...maybe Phonix MedComm? ...

Any Info On American Health Connection, Not Much In The
Mar 29, 2013

. ...

Anyone Heard Of American Health Connection
Aug 29, 2013

I recently applied and interviewed with American Health Connection. It is not a transcription company but has remote home positions that work well with our MT knowledge base and sounds perfect for my tired hands after 20+ years. Has anyone had any exposure to this company? ...

Ahconn Or American Health Connection
Jan 15, 2015

American Health Connection or Ahconn has no business trying to recruit professional transcriptionists for their virtual call center.  That is all it is.  Furthermore, there are other problems, like your inability to care about these patients whom you engage, their problems are not your problems, so in the event they need your help and you can or try to help, they will reprimand you.  They are not clear on your duties until it is too late and your job is in jeopardy.  Manageme ...

American Health Connection - Be Aware
Feb 09, 2015

I was hired by American Health Connection as a patient scheduler. I was sent an offer letter which I signed and then an email came with several forms to complete. Once had to be notarized, so I mailed everything back priority rate. Then, another email came with more attachments. Within those attachments, was a training reimbursement agreement that I was required to sign that said that if I quit the job prior to 6 months on the job I would have to pay $2,500 to the company. I have never in my lif ...

Phoenix Medcom Or American Health Connection
Mar 28, 2013

Has anyone obtained a position and started working with either of these companies on their new positions for patient representatives, which is basically taking phone calls, setting appointments, checking insurance, etc.?  I am curious as to how it works out in the long run and if it is worth it.  Any information would be greatly appreciated - thanks! ...

American Health Connection - Remote Schedulers
Mar 17, 2014

Has anyone ever heard of this company and/or have any information about it?  Thanks! ...

Anyone Apply For American Health Connection As Posted On MT Jobs?
May 18, 2013

I have not yet. Any insights are appreciated. TIA. ...

Anyone Know About American Health Connections?
May 04, 2013

I saw a couple of ads on MT Jobs from this company.  Sounds interesting for a change of pace.  Any info on them? ...

American Health Connections And Others
Apr 18, 2014

It never ceases to amaze me, in an absurd kind of way, how companies can place job ads for positions and ask for bilingual/foreign language to be a major qualification here in the US of A!!  This is an English-speaking country, and I resent the fact that these companies can make these requirements on us who are US citizens and English is our first language!  They want our expertise in work ethics, but we need to learn their language in order to apply for a job with them; how ...

Afro-American Versus African-American
Nov 17, 2012

Afro pertains to a "hair style" usually worn by black people or African-Americans. African-American refers to a group or nationality of people whose decendants originated in Africa. Has anyone ever been corrected on that when getting audited? Just curious. I see this a lot. P.S. Not trying to stir the pot or offend anyone so please, no racial slurs or offensive posts. This is a ligitmate question. How do you type it? or do you think it matters? ...

How To Pend A Report For Review When You Are On 100% Review
May 12, 2014

Help.  I know you send a report with no questions with Control N but forgot how to send reports for review. ...

Could Anyone Who Has An HRA (health Reimbursement Arrangement) Type Of Health Care
May 04, 2010

tell me how that works?  I know the insurance premiums are less than a regular health plan.  If your  company puts 500 in your account, does that mean the first few times, for example, until you use up the 500, you don't pay ANYTHING or is it the opposite...you pay the entire office visit cost until you reach that 500?  I would be so grateful for any information about this type of plan.  TIA ...

Internet Connection
May 12, 2010

I was wondering why most companies do not support or want satelite internet???? ...

Satellite Connection
Feb 15, 2011

I am about to be moving out in the boonies and was wondering what companies allow you to work with satellite Like WildBlue, Hughes or dial-up.  ...

Transcription Connection, INC.
Dec 13, 2011

Has anyone ever heard of Transcription Connection, Inc. out of Lynchburg, OH?  I was thinking of sending them a resume.  Any information would be great! THANKS! ...

Transcription Connection
Mar 12, 2012

Any one work for this company? how's the pay? ...

Dictatphone Connection?
Apr 06, 2014

anyone else having connection problems with dictaphone?  My stopped working about 30 min ago, not getting a response from anyone. ...

Getting No Internet Connection?
May 11, 2014

Obviously my internet is working..anyone else? ...

Connection Between Companies/MT Schools?
Feb 07, 2010

Have to admit I'm pretty shocked by several of the posts on this forum, especially concerning how the companies are operating.  New to the MT world here, and guess I'm green.  Hadn't heard much at the school I attended except this forum was "too negative."  I now see there's a legit reason for negative posts about companies if these posters are being honest, and I have no reason to believe they're not. Just wondering how tight a connection the MT schools ...

Fluency Lose Connection With Anybody Else?
Sep 12, 2013

x ...

Losing Internet Connection For A Second
Dec 28, 2013

Has anyone recently started losing their internet connection for a split second while they are working?  This just started last week and only when I am typing in Fluency.  Is this happening to anyone else? ...

On The Road Satellite Connection?
May 27, 2015

Does anybody know if there are any companies that let you work from satellite or is that illegal now due to HIPAA? Years ago I looked into this and there was a tiny list of companies but it was dwindling so don't know now. Might be taking off in an RV and was wondering if anybody works that way with a satellite dish attached or some other method? Somebody that works like this wrote to me a long time ago and told me she has some little gadget she plugs into her computer and it provide ...

Transcription Connection, Anything Newer Than 2007? Nm
Sep 30, 2010

nm ...

I Show Lost Internet Connection
Apr 17, 2013

Obviously not me, anyone else? ...

Do Superior Global And Imedx Have Any Connection?
Apr 24, 2014

confused ...

Can No Longer Download Jobs Via Dial-up Connection
Jul 28, 2010

I have been working successfully for Softscript for the past 5 years via a dial-up internet connection.  Recently, I have been having trouble downloading jobs; i.e., I can't do it.  The tech person I have been working with there says that my computer is fine - it is just that dial-up is outdated - "no one expects anyone to have a dial-up connection any more". I don't understand how it can be working one day and not the next.  Anybody have any ideas, fixes, etc.  I ...

Medscribe Currently Accepts Satellite Internet Connection?
Aug 09, 2010

Does anyone know if Medscribe currently accepts satellite internet connection? Thanks! ...

Buying American
Oct 19, 2009

Hey, Everybody: In the spirit of solidarity, if we want support for our cause, then we might want to consider supporting other industries in America.  There are places to "Buy American" on the website.  We shouldn't support Big Box Stores that import everything and make a killing as well as treat their employees like chattel.  You know who I am talking about.  If we buy into the theory, "Oh, but it's so inexpensive to go there," then we are just as bad as the tran ...