A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

APEX platform - funnyfingers

Posted: Aug 01, 2012

Looking for info on Apex platform.  Is it cumbersome or easy to manage?  Can you get your line requirements met?  Does it freeze or work smoothly?  I've looked in the archives, have seen poor perrformance reports, but they are old.  Wondering if the program has imrpoved, or if any of you are doing well with it.  Thank you.

I used it at Transolutions about 18 months or so ago. Nothing fancy - Not very productive on it.

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know if it's changed since that time.

I've been using Apex for 2 weeks. See long msg. - Wondering if it is worth it..

[ In Reply To ..]
I like Accentus, but you should know you HAVE to keep your own log of all jobs/lines you do. I did not for the 1st 2 weeks, and there were discrepancies that cannot be resolved unless you have the exact job #'s for the exact # of missing lines. Also, each time you sign off, you get a session total that is only for the time you were on, never cumulative. You are required to keep track of all that, add it up throughout the day, separating MT from VR. Once you click OK, it's gone. That's crazy. There is a tab system that you can devise work-arounds for with IT. Have not been using it long, but seems to me that there are times you have to use your mouse, especially depending on how you keep your logs. Hello 1990. Don't think we can be as productive on this as other platforms, DQS, ChartNet, or the old Enterprise. JMHO.

Agree with above poster - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been on it for about 6 months, and I can make production and the pay is better so I am doing okay even with these limitations, but it is really frustrating. The above poster was right, there are some tasks that can only be done with the mouse, so you can't put those tasks into commands for your IT or SH. SH does not play nice with Apex, IT is better.

I have a spreadsheet now for logging jobs that runs cumulative totals for total time, LPH, lines, etc. and it goes pretty fast now, but yes it was a huge pain at first!

Log for Cumulative Totals - funnyfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I just accepted a position with them this morning. I would appreciate any guidance/help with the log system you developed and are using, if you are willing to share. My TL is Kathy (did not get her last name), wonder if we'll be teammates!
logsheet - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Just sent you an e-mail! Feel free to contact me.

APEX system - funnyfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for the input. I am awaiting call from TL, have passed test and ironed out hours with recruiter. I'm not thrilled about the "administrative" duties. You'd think they would have a system set up to track this for the MT My concern was giving up a position where I make good money to go to Accentus and get bogged down or not be able to match my current earnings. Only one way to find out, and that is to give it a try. The incentive system/pay is good and I'm excited about the reimbursement plan to maintain CMT CEC; but it won't matter if I can't make production due to all the unpaid tracking duties the position requires.

Similar Messages:

APEX ASR
Jan 16, 2010

Does anyone use APEX ASR?  The company I work for is going to be starting to migrate that way starting mid March.  I tried doing a search on the boards, but was unable to find much of anything.  ...

Accentus APEX
Jan 17, 2012

Anybody know how Accentus APEX compares to Escription platform?  What are Accentus line count requirements? ...

Apex Software
Feb 09, 2012

Has anyone used the Apex software recently with Accentus? I'm curious about speed, ease of use and any known glitches. Thanks. ...

Nuance/Apex
Jul 02, 2014

So I have been offered a position (which Im pretty desperate for) with Nuance on the Apex platform.  I need some sound advice.  Its a part time position.  I have some pretty messed up hours I can work and finding a job to accommodate that has been a real pain in the _____.  Just curious if there is anything good to be said about Nuance.  I formerly worked for Mmodal, and have been doing IC work (barely) since they canned me in August 2013 just before the company melted d ...

Any Opinions On APEX ASR Program?
Feb 01, 2010

Any information on this program appreciated.  TIA ...

Does InstantText Work W/Accentus Apex?
Jun 21, 2012

Can't find it on the IT forums and Tech Support is not open yet. Have interview today, so would appreciate the info. Thanks. ...

"door Procedure" If Apex Is Thinned And Dyskinetic
Nov 10, 2009

anyone every heard of this? ...

DQS Platform
Nov 02, 2010

Needing a general consensus on whether or not you like the DQS platform...what about it's ASR generated reports.  I personally like the platform and think the ASR reports aren't as bad as some platforms I have been on...I just hate the rate of ASR pay.  Though it is estimated the production increases with ASR, for most, that simply is not the case and, per a study I found online, quite the opposite.  Please see results from that independent study below.   En ...

MD-IT Platform
Oct 07, 2011

Does anyone have experience with the MD-IT platform? If so, is it easy to work with? Thanks for any info. ...

Which Is The Best Platform For EMR For IC/MTs?
Aug 29, 2012

In your experience, which platform would you recommend an IC/MT suggest a physician's office utilize? This would be probably for four docs per office or less and one to four MTs. I am hoping to "sell" some local private doctor offices with this form of EMR so it may save my current small job and also allow me to obtain more work. Also, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to "sell" this idea to them. Thank you for any help you may be able to share with me. ...

Best Platform For MT???
Aug 29, 2012

Small and independent and was wanting some opinions/information on the best platform to use. I am currently using one now but was curious about webchart, chartnet, and scribemanager. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  ...

FFT Platform?
May 25, 2015

Sooo, anyone care to share which companies use the FFT (Fluency) platform other than the company formerly known as The Big Q? ...

Emdat Platform
Oct 12, 2009

Is this system difficult. Is it voice recognition? ...

SoftScript Platform?
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone know what platform SoftScript uses?  TIA. ...

What Platform Does Chronicle Use?
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone have info about them, good or bad? ...

Is MedQuist's Platform
Jan 04, 2010

compatible with Windows 7? ...

Webmedx Platform
Jan 06, 2010

Can anybody tell me what platform Webmedx uses? Thanks. ...

What Platform Does Zylomed Use? Does Anyone Know?
Jan 08, 2010

Does anyone know what platform they use?  Any other info, like pay scale?  Thanks. ...

Platform With Inscribe Out Of KY?
Feb 08, 2010

Was wondering what platform this company uses, does anyone know?  It is Inscribe out of Kentucky.  I've talked with two different people at the company and they are saying they don't know what platform they use.  However, a Dictaphone 15-pin foot pedal is required, so would that be ExText?  Thanks in advance.... ...

What VR Platform Does TransTech Use?
Feb 19, 2010

nm ...

What VR Platform FutureNet Uses
Mar 17, 2010

Does anyone know what VR platform FutureNet uses and what they pay for VR work? ...

What Is The Best VR Platform You Have Worked On?
Apr 15, 2010

xx ...

Dictaphone Platform For Vr
Jun 03, 2010

Anyone like dictaphone for VR, or prefer Escription?  What is the average lines per hour anyone makes with either platform?  I am relatively new with VR and need to know if it is really worth the 0.4 cpl?  I was told 400-600 lines an hour will probably be my average, closer to the 600 ...

Winscribe Platform?
Jul 21, 2010

Do any of you have experience with the WinScribe platform for typing?  I'm trying to make sure it is easy to use and that MTs can be productive on it.  Thank you. ...

MD-IT PLATFORM HELP!! I Always Worry About
Jul 27, 2010

if a platform is productive or not.  They told me that all their accounts now use their own platform called "MD-IT"   Do we enter demos.  I guess it depends on the account.  Do we get paid for them if so?  Thanks guys ...

MTSO And Platform
Aug 18, 2010

Can someone tell me what MTSO and platforms are? I am obviously a newbie and don't know what these terms mean.  Thanks for your help in advance. ...

Proscribe Platform
Aug 29, 2010

anyone type on the proscribe platform?  just curious how you like it compared to other platforms, particulary compared to the escription platform ...

Platform Experience
Sep 20, 2010

How, in searching for job, do I even begin to acquaint myself with each & every platform out there? Nearly each job posting uses something different. I had ExpressScribe when at careestep, but notice not many companies use that. ...

ETransplus Platform?
Oct 01, 2010

Does anyone know what transcription platfor this company uses?   TIA ...

Synernet Platform
Oct 04, 2010

Does anyone know what Synernet pays and what platform they use?  Any info greatly appreciated. ...