A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

dictaphone platform for vr - anyone

Posted: Jun 03, 2010

Anyone like dictaphone for VR, or prefer Escription?  What is the average lines per hour anyone makes with either platform?  I am relatively new with VR and need to know if it is really worth the 0.4 cpl?  I was told 400-600 lines an hour will probably be my average, closer to the 600

Dictaphone is okay - I am struggling to get 400 VR lines on the same account I could type 400 LPH on - :{ Boo. Hoping to get in the swing

[ In Reply To ..]
I dunno if its "worth" the 4 cpl honestly, but I am loathe to just chuck it all out the window. I really like this account and was incredibly productive on it when we were trasnscribing, so - I am just chillin and seeing what a little time and the upward swing on the learning curve brings. I have avoided editing VR until now, but figure, I had better get my attitude straightened out because its not going anywhere, and its what I need to do, until I do something else. Ya know? Good luck!

Struggling to get 400 VR lines per hour, I mean. - *gots me the brain melt* :} n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes indeed.

vr - anyone

[ In Reply To ..]
That is my feelings exactly. I did do VR back with MQ when I was there just to try it out for a month and I begged to be taken off and they did. Now I do not think there is a choice anymore, and will have to get used to it. I dread having to train on it myself, but not much choice anymore.

Similar Messages:

Dictaphone Platform
Jun 02, 2012

Can anyone tell me how the Dictaphone platform is? Do you know how it compares to the Enterprise platform (WMX)? Our manager has offered to let us switch if we want but want to know what I would be getting into first. TIA! ...

Any MTs On Dictaphone Platform?
Aug 03, 2012

I am a newbie to the profession, and Nuance is my first employer.  I graduated from MTEC a year ago, and I've been working since February.  I'm looking for MTs who work on the same platform as I do because I am not even close to making enough money to pay my bills.   My TL told me that our team has people (no names were offered) who consistently do 20K+ lines per payperiod and presumably make all kinds of money.  If this is true, then I ...

How Is Dictaphone's ExEditor Platform?
Jan 14, 2010

I am considering switching jobs.  The company uses Dictaphones ExEditor.  This will be my first experience with VR.  It will be a mix of straight transcription and VR. Can anyone tell me if this is a decent platform. I also use ShortHand. Will this work with ExEditor?  Thank you for any reviews or comments. I realize it is going to be a learning curve but I don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire either. ...

Dictaphone Platform - Is This Productive?
Aug 13, 2014

How productive is Dictaphone platform for line count?   ...

VR Platform Escription Versus Dictaphone
Jun 03, 2010

Can anyone tell me how difficult to get lines with escription and dictaphone VR?  Also, any info on TTS would be appreciated also.  Good, bad, ugly?  ...

Dictaphone's Speech Product- Does Anyone Really Make Any Money On This Platform?
Feb 19, 2010

I have always used eScription which is a much friendiler platform. This is the first time I have used this program and I'll be lucky to make $50 a day.  I realize it is something new for me, but from those who use it regularly, am many lines can you average an hour. I need some hope here. ...

How Is Dictaphone VR?
Oct 20, 2009

Is Dictaphone VR very good? Good enough to justify a slightly lower cpl for VR to get away from WMX and the terrible VR there? ...

Dictaphone Help
Oct 29, 2009

My Dictaphone spontaneously deprogrammed itself last night... I reprogrammed a few of the keys but I don't have the internal codes for   toggle headset go to beginning of file go to end of file   I have a couple of manuals but they are pretty general & don't have a very complete list of function codes.  Does anyone have these? THANKS d. ...

Dictaphone Extext With ESP
Nov 27, 2009

I work at a hospital where we use the Dictaphone Extext system.  I want to work from home and need to copy my ESP from work onto a disc.  Can somebody please tell me how to do that?  I also need for know how I would copy the ESP onto my computer?  Do I need to purchase Dictaphone Extext? Thank's so much for any info you can give me.   ...

Dictaphone Won't Rewind All The Way!
Sep 14, 2010

I usually work with mp3s, and now this Dictaphone is driving me crazy.  I have no manual. Why does it not rewind all the way?  When I want to review a part of the tape, I push rewind and it will only rewind a little and then beep at me! There is an 'erase' button.  Does that have anything to do with anything? This dictaphone is really old, I think.  Pitney Bowes 3170.   If anybody has any ideas I would be much obliged!! ...

Dictaphone EXText
Sep 15, 2010

I am thinking about taking a job with Transcend using the EXText platform.  Can anyone tell me for sure if I can use my autocorrect with this program?  tyvm ...

Dictaphone Headset
Sep 24, 2010

Hi, I just started using a dictaphone again.  I can't hear through the headset, though.  Everything is connected correctly.  What am I doing wrong? ...

Escription Or Dictaphone
Oct 29, 2010

Which is the best platform to work on? I have Dictaphone experience, but have never worked on Escription.  I hear that Escription you can make more money.  Is this true?  Please provide info. ...

Companies That Do VR Using Dictaphone?
Nov 10, 2010

Any info on Transsolutions?  Know any companies that do VR using Dictaphone?  ****  Thanks to all! ...

Nuance/Dictaphone/TT
Apr 22, 2011

Worked inhouse.  Service work is all a different world. ...

Dictaphone Says Locked
Feb 17, 2012

My Dictaphone says LOCKED in the middle of the message section (top of phone), and when I do try and dial it is in rotary mode!  Need to know how to unlock the C-phone w/o a code, so I can get the usual menu on top-- PROGRAM, KEYS, ETC.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have the C-phone manual but it does not address this if you do not have the code. ...

What Exactly Is A Dictaphone And How Does It Work?
Mar 27, 2012

I've never usedone and have no clue about it.  Is it easy to use ?  Hard to use?  Clunky?  Can you hear ok with it? ...

DICTAPHONE COMMANDS
Dec 18, 2012

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO GO TO THE BEGINNING OF THE DICTATION IN A REPORT WITHOUT REWINDING WITH THE FOOT PEDAL.  IS THERE A "GO TO THE BEGINNING OF THE REPORT" NUMBER KEY YOU CAN PRESS?  THANKS! ...

Do I Need Dictaphone For Own Accounts?
Jan 07, 2013

I am a work-at-home MT with such sporadic work through a small MTSO that I am applying everywhere for an in-house anything job.  I live in a very large metro with lots of doctor offices and law offices.  I am considering advertising my independent transcription services.  Can I have them e-mail me a sound file or have them upload the sound file to Dropbox and then just e-mail them the completed Word file back or upload that file to a shared Dropbox?  It seems so simple, but I ...

EScription & Dictaphone
Oct 02, 2013

Does anyone have information on eScription & Dictaphone?  I see they have posted an ad but I'm not familiar with this company.  I would like to perhaps apply but would like any feedback anyone may have before I send a resume.  ...

Dictaphone ExEditor
Dec 27, 2013

Starting speech rec using ExEditor, care to share your experiences, such as is it user friendly, etc., or whatever info you think I should know. Thanks for sharing. ...

Dictaphone C-phone
May 09, 2014

I am new at this Dictaphone C-phone and I have entered the information that the company gave me as far as dialing in and the machine dials in, but after putting in the information that I was given, it just sits there.  I have looked at the manual online and it does not seem to have any information for this.  Can anyone please help me? Thank you!  ...

Anyone Who Uses Dictaphone ExEditor Know How To
Jul 19, 2014

attach the cursor to the audio, you know, so it shows that highlighter thingy that moves with the voice file?  Can't find it in the instruction manual I have. Thanks for any info!! ...

I Hate Dictaphone
Jul 28, 2014

I hate working on Dictaphone for the simple reason that you cannot listen to "errors" found on FIESA.  You can only ask your TSM to listen to something. This is why I continue to refuse to sign off on FIESA!  I am not going to sign off on an error when my TSM is able to listen but not me.  That tells me that this software was purposefully set up so that the lowly MT can never refute an error.  If a TSM has the capability of listening to it, how hard could it be for the devel ...

Dictaphone Lines
Aug 20, 2014

Those of us who work on Dictaphone know we check our lines on iChart.  It's not a very good system since it doesn't allow you to match lines with a specific job, only allowing you to check your total lines in bulk or by the hour (which seems to be in EST, but not 100% sure). However, has anyone else ever gone into each file after you typed it, gotten the statistics, and checked it against what iChart says?  I've done this a few times when work was really slow and I had ...

Dictaphone EXText
Nov 13, 2014

Looking to work for a company that uses EXText.  Thanks for feedback! ...

Need Dictaphone Macros
Feb 12, 2015

I'm a former employee, now working as an IC, and had been so used to all the macros that were built into Microsoft Word when they installed Dictatphone/ExEditor.  Unfortunately, you can only access those while ExEditor is open, and I forgot to copy them out of there so I could use them later. Any chance I could get someone on here that is still working on ExEditor to copy their macros and paste them here?  Essentially you'd just need to be in ExEditor with Word open... then ...

Dictaphone Or Escription
Jun 26, 2015

Does Nuance use Dictaphone or Escription or both? Have worked on Dictaphone Ext-Text and liked it. How is Escription different from D-phone?   ...

Copy Dictaphone ESP Expander
Mar 06, 2010

I have copied my ESP expander from Dictaphone ExText onto a disc.  Does anybody know if I can copy it onto another expander such as shorthand, etc.? ...

Companies That Use Dictaphone ExText.
Jun 20, 2010

Forgive me if someone else has already asked this but I'm trying to find a company which is hiring and uses the Dictaphone platform.  I have been using it for at least 5 years and would rather not have to switch and train on another platform at this time. Thanks for any leads. ...