Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

ugly truth - anon

Posted: Mar 12th, 2022 - 10:20 am In Reply to: Question about being an MT from someone in training. - Vicky

I don't know about Canada, maybe there are better jobs there.
I took a glance at Canscribe website, and going by how it is in the US, they are way off in the earnings potential. They base the earning potential on being paid 10 cents a line. In the US, rates are 4 cents a line for editing and maybe 7 or 8 cents for straight typing, if one is lucky enough to find a company that still does that. Most have gone to speech recognition and the pitiful 4 cents a line editing pay rate. They also state you will earn more each year which is not true.
It's gotten really bad in this field. I've been in school to get out of MT. I can barely make 20,000 a year working full time. I've been doing this since 2003 and my pay is almost half what it used to be.
The school I went to for MT doesn't even teach the MT program anymore.
It is sad your school seems to have grossly overstated how great this job is. It's not bad if you want a couple hundred dollars supplemental income, but to live on and pay the bills, you'll do better with something else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)