Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I Agree - Give it up

Posted: Apr 5th, 2022 - 6:15 am In Reply to: I can promise you a strike will not do any good even if you could - get one organized. SM

Understand that at one time MTs who were employed at hospitals were union members whose jobs were supposed to be protected. That was back in the day when life was good. When hospitals started outsourcing work, nothing was done in support of the transcriptionists and those jobs were gone. Under normal circumstances, it is not easy to form a union. You need backing from a union such as SEIU, and it takes big bucks. I don't know how you would reach everyone. Many people are of retirement age, and many, like me still identify with the profession but are no longer actively working. Then there are the handful like yourself who still think it's a worthwhile pursuit. If you are serious, contact a union organizer and forget about presenting the MTSOs with a list of demands, they don't care, and collectively do not need to become "union shops". The smaller employers would never be interested because they are struggling to stay afloat due to losing accounts. Most of the work is IC anyway, and different rules apply. These jobs are mostly gone, and the ones remaining could quickly be eliminated by voice recognition or additional outsourcing. It is definitely too little, too late.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)