Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Organizing a strike - ChiMama

Posted: Apr 4th, 2022 - 8:05 pm In Reply to: If that isn't wage theft... - ExOneVoiceMT

I don't think it's too late. If all of these companies start to lose their workers, they will be forced to pay us more. Most companies won't even take a new MT unless they are certified with 1+ years experience so I wouldn't worry about newbies fresh out of MT school taking the jobs from us. These companies don't want to have to train them. I think this website is a great place to start. I actually have access through chat for many of the employees I'm currently working with, and so far, I have around 60-some names. Unfortunately, I don't have any email addresses but I could find some of them on Facebook I'm sure. A person could also round some people up on Social Media. I do Facebook but not Twitter, Instagram or any of those. Before striking, I think a good first step to take would be to have as many employees as you can send a letter to the owners of these transcription companies voicing their concerns and demands. I'm sure we could also find some of our coworkers on here if we did a post reaching out to them. Let me know if you'd like to chat sometime about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)