Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 47)

Not that great - SM

Posted: Sep 17th, 2020 - 6:12 pm In Reply to: Phoenix - Wondering

I worked for PMC for about 4 years (left at the beginning of 2017) and for the majority of the time that I worked there, everything was great and I had zero complaints. Nobody ever bothered me and I made good money working on a very busy ER account. It was an account that pretty much ran itself, so I had little to no interaction with management. However, they ended up losing that account at the very end of 2016 (which broke my heart because I loved that account) and then I was shuffled around from account to account. QA was completely inconsistent and downright condescending and awful. The account specs were all half-assed and didn't even include several very important things that absolutely should have been on there. One time, I got dinged for something to do with formatting (this client was super picky and wanted things formatted a very specific way). When I informed QA that what I got dinged on was not even mentioned in the account specs, their response was, "Well, we can't put EVERYTHING in the specs." I guess they just expected me to have psychic abilities to know exactly how the client wanted their reports formatted. After being an outstanding, loyal, and high producing MT for them for 4 years and never having a single complaint about my work, they wouldn't allow me to do more than 5 reports a day on the new accounts and I had to "ask for permission" if I wanted to do another 5 in the same day. I finally told them that I would have to find another job if this was how it was going to be and they ended up locking me out of the system without a single word said to me. They just locked me out and I didn't find out until I went to log in one night and couldn't. After busting my tail and always going above and beyond for them for 4 years and producing 2000+ straight typed lines per day on the ER account up until we lost it, that's how I was thanked. I was completely disposable to them. I never even received my final check from them despite multiple emails letting them know that I could not submit my invoice because I had been locked out of the system, so I had no way to access my line counts. Thankfully, I already had another job lined up and was planning on leaving anyway, but still. Their behavior was totally unprofessional and rude. QA was an absolute nightmare, a literal horror show. I'm not sure if the same woman who did QA when I was there is still around since I've been gone for several years, but she was snotty as all get out and entirely clueless and management (especially VG) was extremely rude and arrogant.

Long story short, I do not recommend them. In fact, I would highly advise you to run as fast as you can in the opposite direction. You will not be the least bit appreciated or respected there and will be made to feel like an incompetent newbie who has never transcribed a single report. They are bullies and LOVE making you feel as though you cannot do anything right. I kid you not, the QA witch found something wrong with EVERY SINGLE one of my reports like it was her mission. I've never been nitpicked that way at any other job, and I've been doing this for almost 20 years. I've even worked in QA and supervisory positions myself. I am not incompetent and know the BOS inside and out. I also have two very close friends (one being one of my oldest and dearest childhood best friends and another being an MT I've worked closely with for the past 12 years and is a good friend) who worked there at the same time as me (we were all on the ER account together for 4 years) and they had the exact same experience as me after we lost our account, so it wasn't just me who was treated this way. We all left within days of each other and went to work for another company, where two of us still work to this day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)