A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

AutoCorrect not expanding after periods. Help! - angrywords

Posted: May 07, 2013

I started using AutoCorrect for my expanders. The problem is when I use them followed by a period they won't work. So "t" doesn't turn into "the" just "t." They work after any other punctuation or a space. I've scoured the internet and Microsoft forums and I can't find a thing. I've tried turning off the auto-caps and that doesn't work. Help?

I assume you're in Word? - What version?

[ In Reply To ..]
Odds are someone will be better able to help you if they know that.

Word 2010 - angrywords

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Question Regarding Expanding Out DC
Mar 08, 2013

When you are supposed to expand out DC I've always thought it as discontinue (as in meds).  In this case someone is having stitches removed and the doc says DC of stitches.  Would I be correct to transcribe discontinuation of sutures?  I can understand it, but it just looks odd to me. Thanks ...

Expanding In Impression/assessment
Aug 30, 2010

I was wondering...we are told to expand abbreviations in assessment and impression paragraphs, but what if they say the abbreviation 4 times within that paragraph? This instance is PSA. Thanks... ...

Expanding Abbreviations In Headings
Sep 19, 2012

Good morning everyone. I'm a bit confused about headings: If "GYN" is dictated in a heading, do you expand it to "GYNECOLOGIC"? I remember from my training that you do; however, I've seen reports that show it as not expanded. D ...

Expanding Instatext Word Entries
Dec 19, 2009

With instatex, there are phrase entries on the left and word entries which show up on the right side. To expand the phrase entries you just hit the space bar after the short entry, but how do you make the word entries expand? And how do you choose the second on the list, or the third, ect. I cannot figure this stupid thing out, even after going through the help menu.   Thank you to anyone that can explain this!! ...

When To Use Periods
Jul 20, 2010

I am curious if anyone can offer advice.  I was recently corrected  for not using periods after Mr/Mrs Dr etc.  In my BOS 11 it says it is correct to use/not use periods as long as consisent.  However,  I thought in BOS III periods were elimiated.  Can anyone advise?   Thanks! ...

Pay Periods
Apr 20, 2011

I am new to Medquist and trying to navigate around MQ Central.  I cannot seem to find out where it talks about pay days?  Did I miss something? ...

The Last 2 Pay Periods, I Have Been At 97%. S/m
Oct 29, 2012

Am I on the road to getting fired? ...

Keytrokes Pay Periods
Dec 30, 2010

Keystrokes pays on the 1st and the 15th.  Technically they do not have to pay until Monday, Janaury 3, 2011.  I was wondering, however, if maybe it was the 31st because of holiday etc. Not here last year so do not know.  Thanks if anyone knows.   ...

To Nn...What Are The Pay Periods At Aero?
Feb 09, 2011

x ...

Help? ASR Spacing After Periods?
Oct 21, 2011

I have always double spaced my reports when I transcribed unless the client profile told me otherwise.  I have noticed most of my ASR reports are single spaced and some are double, even on the same client.  What is the standard for spacing regarding ASR?  Thanks guys!  I couldn't get any email back on what is what! ...

Forgotten Periods!
Apr 22, 2014

Anyone else having issues with the speech engine just randomly forgetting periods.  As in, it knows the sentence has ended, has capitalized the next word or put in a paragraph carriage return, but there is no punctuation to be found. It used to be there'd be a missing one every now and again at the end of a paragraph, but this morning it's every other sentence.  Happy Earth Day!  ...

Transcend And WebM Pay Periods
Dec 29, 2009

Can someone enlighten me as to how the pay periods run for these 2 companies? Is it every other Friday, every 2 wks, maybe someone can tell me when the first pay period in January is for each, I am trying to make a decision and the pay dates are going to make a difference, don't like getting paid twice a month, would prefer every other week on a set date. Thanks ...

Question About Quotes And Periods
Mar 26, 2010

I'm doing a psych clinic report and the doctor uses the patient's words in quotes often, and he always dictates it with the period after the quotes, which I learned is wrong, but I am wondering if the entire sentence isn't a quote, only the last part, does that still hold true, such as: The patient states he is tired, doesn't sleep and is "run down" Does the period go before or after the quotes? Thanks ...

Precyse Pay Periods--Question
Feb 28, 2012

Hi All! I just signed with Precyse and I know they will fill me in on all the details, but it's 8 at night and I was just curious about the dates of their pay periods. I know that they pay every 2 weeks. Can someone tell me the next pay date, please? Thanks! ...

OK This Spacing After The Periods Is Getting To Be A Pain
Feb 25, 2014

I would just leave it as is,,but there is no continuity within the reports, sometimes 1 sometimes 2. Same with colons. Now I have to check every single period, if it is at a margin, it is a real pain. This is why I firmly believe we are sll editing some foreigners work on a regular basis. I never too the editor test, I want no part of it. ...

MTSO's Removing Spaces After Periods?
Nov 04, 2011

Have worked for a couple different MTSO's over the last few years. When copying and pasting prior reports I have typed into a new blank document, I have noticed 1 space has been removed after every period, colon, etc.  Anyone else notice this?  If the MTSO's are removing that 1 space, on every report, for every MT, I can't fathom how much $ that would save them in compensation payout... (over a month, over a year!); yet still charging the cl ...

Confusion Over Start And End Of Pay Periods With Nuance
Dec 29, 2012

Okay, got the shift differential figured out but now I am totally confused as to the pay periods start and end dates. I have an email from Cathy Jones with Nuance that says this pay period runs from 12/22 to 1/4, which I think would be correct as it is 2 weeks.  My TL sent us an email this morn saying we have until 1/2 to approve our timecards and the pay period ended last night at midnight!!! What?  Don't we work two weeks and then get paid???? Please explain.  Also, have no ...

VR Not Consistently Putting 2 Spaces After Periods??? Anyone Else?
Oct 30, 2013

have been noticing over the last 3 or 4 weeks that the sytem is not consistently putting 2 spaces after periods.  Used to not have to worry about this, but just one more thing to have to watch.   Also having to now watch auto expansions and change them back to the accepted short form.  Anyone else? Or have I just been here wayyyyyy to long?    Make it a great day everyone!  A lot of times y'all make mine!  ...

How Many Pay Periods Not Meeting Line Count Before Action Is Taken? Sm
Dec 13, 2013

I just don't know what else I can do without really doing any proofreading.  I never ever had this problem before.  I am lucky enough to still do straight typing but the program is slow and I do have several accts in my pool which we all know is not the best way to work when you work on production.  I am looking for another job and actually had 2 interviews outside of MT and I am just hoping and praying, but in the meantime I have never been so frustrated and downright angry ...

Expanding "C2" In Diagnosis Section
Jul 07, 2011

At my company there are a few exceptions to expanding the diagnosis section (MRI, CT), but my question is when the dictator says "C2 lesion" in the diagnosis should I expand that to cervical vertebra 2 or leave as C2? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Can You Believe I Just Got Dinged For "expanding" UTI Under Diagnoses?
Aug 06, 2012

Has the rules changed?  I always expand disease abbreviations under the diagnoses heading?  ...

How Do You Get The Autocorrect Screen To Come Up
Sep 07, 2010

How do you get the autocorrect screen to come up - what are the short cut controls to add new autocorrects in MS Word 2003.  Thanks.  ...

Question About Using AutoCorrect, Please
Sep 09, 2010

I was watching someone use an expander and when she misspelled her short form (she hit space and nothing happened), she backed up to the word and backed over the last misspelled 4 or so letters of a long string, and typed in some new ones, and the whole short form expanded the way she wanted.  Like txsdoisd was supposed to be txsdoerf, so the erf was backspaced over and replaced and the whole thing rolled out to, "Will AutoCorrect do this too?" :) Not really, but now I'm wondering if ...

Autocorrect In Word 7
Nov 14, 2010

Anyone use word 7 and know if there is an autocorrect feature with this version. I used this feature in other word versions but cannot find where it is at in this version or if it exists. I liked it much better than macros. ...

Backing Up The Autocorrect
Dec 17, 2010

I use Microsoft Word (I think the 2004 version but I am not exactly sure.  I have a zillion entries in Autotext and Autocorrect and need to know how to back up these dictionaries onto a CD so I don't lose them if something happens to my computer.  It would take forever to enter all of these again.  Can someone tell me how to do this?  Thanks a million have a very HAPPY HOIDAY!  Lets all hope 2011 is better than 2010 (can't get much worse! LOL) ...

AutoCorrect Hyphen
Mar 24, 2011

How do I create a hyphen for my age macro in AutoCorrect. I need to have a macro formatted as -year-old. I have Word 2007. Thank you so much! ...

AutoCorrect Transfer
Jul 22, 2011

I have Word 2007 and need to transfer my AutoCorrect entries onto my laptop.  Can anyone tell me how to do this, please?  ...

Backing Up Autocorrect
Nov 21, 2011

I am trying to find out how to back up my autocorrect.  I work in Word 2003.  I need to back it up so i can use on new computer.  Does anyone know how to do it. ...

Does Windows 7 Have An Autocorrect?
Dec 10, 2011

I'm starting with Transcend soon and will be having their program downloaded.  I bought a new Windows 7 computer and can't find the autocorrect.  My older computer is a Windows XP and autocorrect has always worked great for me.  I'll need to supply my own word expander program.  Should I use the old computer or is there an expander program that works great with Windows 7?  Money is tight for me right now so I was hoping to stay with autocorrect. ...

Does Anyone Use Strictly Autocorrect?
Sep 14, 2012

I've had a dreadful time with IT Pro (it keeps crashing Word, sends an error message, sometimes recovers my document or I simply end up losing documents). I've both called and written to the company but they refuse to help me because I bought it used from someone and say they don't support the older versions anymore. Well....I'm through with them, their horrible product, and their nonexistent help. Thankfully I didn't purchase the newer version if this is how they treat ...