A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

University of New Mexico Hospital stands by their decision to outsource - followup

Posted: Jun 14, 2013

In followup to this post 

http://forum.mtstars.com/474958.html

This KRQE news story 

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/business/unm-hospital-stands-by-its-outsourcing-decision

UNM Hospital needs to think about the the income tax dollars not going to the federal govt with these MTs losing their jobs (or if these MTs go with Nuance - the REDUCED income tax dollars) that their decision has caused. Also the reduced sales tax revenue. And loss of medical insurance.  It has been said that outsourcing is good for our economy because it makes businesses more profitable - but at what cost to all of the American people regarding a livable wage, work availability and the threat of dunning pay for submitting to QA? 

I am very sorry this is happening to these nice people - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Advice to those at UNM: Don't take the job with Nuance. FYI, Nuance says their quality is 99%. I don't know what planet they are from, but that is not true. That is what they PROFESS and allow others to see. It is so far from the truth. In fact, it is probably below the 98% that you currently maintain. If you have ever edited offshore's (India) work, and I have, you would be appalled and disgusted at what this company turns out. Unfortunately, offshore puts out the most work for the cheapest amount. Contrary to what Nuance says, the quality is not 99% and there is no way it ever could be, as the woman in this article stated. That is impossible. I'm sad that so many administrators are hoodwinked by this smooth-talking, snake-in-the-grass company. I hope that none of you allow yourselves to be taken for a fool by them. Mark my words, you will regret taking a job with Nuance.

I sincerely hope you are all able to make a better decision for yourself and I hope that you all have other options. I'm here to tell you, I wish that I had been warned before I went with Nuance and almost lost my house and my self-respect. I no longer work there, but it took me the better part of a year to get out and that was actively looking. I can't tell you how unhappy I was there. I just can't even begin to express it. My pay was cut in half and even less than half. My production (which they promised would go up because they have such a WONDERFUL platform) in fact, went down. It was just a terrible place to be. Read this board and considered yourself forewarned.

I agree with you 100% - DO NOT GO WITH NUANCE. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
You will be sorry. I can't wait to get out.

Is Acusis another name for Nuance? - no message below

[ In Reply To ..]
H h :)
No... - Acusis is another exploiter
[ In Reply To ..]
just not the same one, not as big.

Nuance says all work will be handled within the US - BS - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Total and complete BS. I just finished watching the video provided in the link. Hey, Mr. , sorry to break it to you, but you've been had, but then again, you probably don't care if your hospital's records are completed by offshore workers, because you saved a whopping 500,000. I'm nauseous. Oh, and FYI, if it seems too good to be true (99% accuracy! 500,000 saved on expenditures!) it probably is. I guess you'll have to learn the hard way like all of Nuance's victims eventually do.

This bean counter - is full of

[ In Reply To ..]
These bean counters come up with figures that are so out of touch.
http://www.whidbeynewstimes.com/news/129974763.html

And 's statement, "If in fact we don't make the change, there will come a time when therer just won't be work left for these people, and they won't have the opportunity to go to another employer." What? "these people" are your loyal employees. And "opportunity to go to another employer" ?? These MTs have the right to unemployment insurance benefits, since they are losing their jobs thru no fault of their own.

What is horrible is that these MTs are gone in weeks without severance pay and will actually be expected to get all the dictation completed the day before the transition to an outside service, if you can believe that.

Oh it will be handled in the US - for a while

[ In Reply To ..]
Until we get them all caught up and running smoothly, then they will start offshoring at night and weekends and then the whole thing will be gone, gone, gone.

That's very true. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
They have to keep you on the edge or your seat at all times. One day, suddenly, all the work was gone. When I asked what happened, I was told it went to India. When I asked why didn't someone put out an E-mail to warn us, I was told that they didn't want to alarm anyone. Translation: They didn't want to give us time to find other jobs.
india - kt16
[ In Reply To ..]
It's just a dead horse. Can't waste time beating it. Hospitals don't care, doctors (most) dont even read their reports. Who is hurt? Patients. But no one will admit that. I tell everyone: demand to see your hospital records and force them to make corrections or the mistakes will follow you.

Similar Messages:

Hospital Outsource Company Name(s)
Aug 22, 2012

Is there a way to find out the name of the company or companies a hospital contracts with to do their transcription/editing?  ...

New Mexico 57
Sep 12, 2013

It's been 3 months now since we were outsourced, just wondering how my former co-workers are doing, those that went to Nuance, took other jobs within the hospital, changed careers, retired? Thinking of all of you! ...

Integrity HD In New Mexico-not A Lot Of
Jul 21, 2013

Has anyone recently worked for or currently working for Integrity HD?  What's your experience--good, bad, lay it on me!  Thanks! ...

Diuretic From Mexico
Jan 31, 2015

Hi all. Hearing something like Mesix...It is a diuretic given in Juarez comparable with Lasix...cant figure it out what...plz help ...

57 Transcriptionists In New Mexico Lose Jobs To Nuance
Apr 12, 2013

I feel bad for these employees; they will be losing all of their benefits and good pay...   http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hospital-management-administration/university-of-new-mexico-hospital-lays-off-57.html ...

Does Anyone Work For A Hospital, But You Live Out Of State From That Hospital?
Aug 13, 2010

Or how from that hospital do you live? ...

Changing To Canada Hospital From US Hospital Transcription
Jul 20, 2012

I have taken a new job to transcribe for a hospital in Canada.  What are the differences?  Can you post (or email me) links for websites that you use for references - looking up doctors, meds, etc.  Is the spelling different? ...

EG Stands For ?
Apr 23, 2010

HI, In a pediatric exam for a baby just born, I can't find what EG stands for? Thanks   ...

What C-LPH Stands For
Feb 25, 2015

I have forgotten what C – LPH stands for. Too many abbreviations with this job. ...

An Y Idea What VCG Stands For?
Feb 02, 2010

Chief Complaint: left wrist, s.l  VCG ...

What Does CIIRS Stands For
Sep 15, 2011

medical floor with pneumonia and ____(CIIRS).  The doc pronounce it as "SEARS" and spells it as CIIRS ...

S/l TSL Level 2 - Anyone Know What TSL Stands For?
Mar 16, 2012

He may follow up on an outpatient basis for continued complaints of urinary symptoms.  The patient did fill out a living will requesting TSL level 2 though he does need to notarize the documents.   Does anyone know the acroynm for TSL?? ...

What Does MTSO Stands For
Dec 16, 2013

See it all the time, don't know what it means. ...

HEENT: CC Are Plethoric - Does Anyone Know What The CC Stands For?
Aug 23, 2011

"HEENT:  CCs are plethoric. Sclerae are anicteric."  Anyone know what the "CC" might stand for?  TIA! ...

Stop Putting Thank You, When It Stands Alone, Under Ship Markers
Mar 04, 2012

They arent gonna help us with ASR problems,..least we can do is stop making problems for ourselves ...

MT At University
Mar 27, 2010

Do Universities generally teach MT?  I've seen the schools on-line but would rather take it at a college.Just curious. ...

Does Transcend Outsource?
Nov 28, 2009

Is it true that Transcend outsources to offshore transcriptionists?  I'm with MDI as it merges with Transcend, and if this is true, I don't want to condone it by staying with MDI as it becomes Transcend unless I absolutely cannot find another job. ...

Companies That Do NOT Outsource
Sep 07, 2011

Is there ANY company out there that does NOT outsource ANY of their dictation?  I usually don't mind ESL dictation except when it's ALL I get anymore.  I work for a company that is being bought out by another company and right now, the only work I get or that is left to type, are the crappiest dictators out there.  This is the dictation that cannot be sent out as a voice recognition file OR for straight typing simply because it's crap dictation.  I've been ...

MTSOs Who Don't Outsource?
Jun 05, 2015

I refuse to work for a company who outsources anymore. I don't mind waiting for the right job, but I'm wondering if it even exists. Do any companies NOT outsource work to India? Anyone know?     Thanks is in advance. :) ...

FROSBI Work Up. Does Anyone Know What This Stands For. It's A Workup For An Infant Performed
Mar 26, 2013

xx ...

Inscribe University
Mar 04, 2010

Has anyone done the training through Inscribe University? Any feedback would be appreciated. ...

Well I Cant Log In To MModal University If That Is
Mar 19, 2014

oh well ...

University Of Toledo
Aug 23, 2014

Has anyone completed the post-baccalaureate certificate in Health Information Adminstration with the University of Toledo? I've been looking at it for a while now and would appreciate opinions from current or former students. Thanks!  ...

Why Are We Not Checking Out Companies That Don't Outsource?
Jan 25, 2011

there are jobs over there on the job seekers board that say no outsourcing, US only.  we are unhappy here.  are those companies bad too? ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging
Apr 21, 2011

Does anyone have information about Rapid Outsource Imaging?  Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging (ROI)
May 19, 2011

I can sign on with them, but they're strictly BOS 3. I'm still in the dark ages with BOS 1. How much time am I going to spend with my head in the book? What things should I focus on (re)learning first? Also, what kind of paperwork do I need to take care of, line counts, billing?  Do they take care of that? All I do with my current company is submit my online line count at the end of the pay period, and two weeks later I get a deposit in the bank. This is the only IC position I&# ...

ROI (Rapid Outsource Imaging)
Oct 31, 2011

Has anyone ever worked for this company? ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging.
Jan 06, 2012

Does anyway know about this company or ever worked there?  It sounds good with high pay on lines, but that is not everything to consider.  Let me know anything that you know. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging? Sm
Jun 12, 2012

Has anyone ever worked for Rapid Outsource Imaging? If so - were you happy there? Did they have plenty of work? Did they pay a fair rate? How was their QA and their platform? I've already invested time in their lengthy application/test and have phone interview tomorrow. Any info or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!! ...

What Companies Outsource Overseas?
Jul 06, 2012

Why the talk about our jobs being outsourced to India? Is this actually happening now?? I've been away from the business for a couple of years, but when I left it, everyone was very against outsourcing oversears. ...