A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MTSOs who don't outsource? - Curious

Posted: Jun 05, 2015

I refuse to work for a company who outsources anymore. I don't mind waiting for the right job, but I'm wondering if it even exists. Do any companies NOT outsource work to India? Anyone know?  

Thanks is in advance. :)

Outsource vs. off-shore. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you mean companies that off-shore. Off-shore means sending work out of the U.S. Outsourcing is what the hospitals and clinics do. They outsource to all of the MTSOs we work for.

Hopefully, someone will mention the name of a company that doesn't off-shore. Most of them do off-shore, though.

No such animal anymore. - :(

[ In Reply To ..]

Keystrokes doesn't. I like it there. sm - Another KS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been there just over 5 years and am happy.

Don't you run out of work all the time? I have 7 accounts and I do. - Also KS

[ In Reply To ..]
?

Similar Messages:

Does Transcend Outsource?
Nov 28, 2009

Is it true that Transcend outsources to offshore transcriptionists?  I'm with MDI as it merges with Transcend, and if this is true, I don't want to condone it by staying with MDI as it becomes Transcend unless I absolutely cannot find another job. ...

Companies That Do NOT Outsource
Sep 07, 2011

Is there ANY company out there that does NOT outsource ANY of their dictation?  I usually don't mind ESL dictation except when it's ALL I get anymore.  I work for a company that is being bought out by another company and right now, the only work I get or that is left to type, are the crappiest dictators out there.  This is the dictation that cannot be sent out as a voice recognition file OR for straight typing simply because it's crap dictation.  I've been ...

Why Are We Not Checking Out Companies That Don't Outsource?
Jan 25, 2011

there are jobs over there on the job seekers board that say no outsourcing, US only.  we are unhappy here.  are those companies bad too? ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging
Apr 21, 2011

Does anyone have information about Rapid Outsource Imaging?  Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging (ROI)
May 19, 2011

I can sign on with them, but they're strictly BOS 3. I'm still in the dark ages with BOS 1. How much time am I going to spend with my head in the book? What things should I focus on (re)learning first? Also, what kind of paperwork do I need to take care of, line counts, billing?  Do they take care of that? All I do with my current company is submit my online line count at the end of the pay period, and two weeks later I get a deposit in the bank. This is the only IC position I&# ...

ROI (Rapid Outsource Imaging)
Oct 31, 2011

Has anyone ever worked for this company? ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging.
Jan 06, 2012

Does anyway know about this company or ever worked there?  It sounds good with high pay on lines, but that is not everything to consider.  Let me know anything that you know. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging? Sm
Jun 12, 2012

Has anyone ever worked for Rapid Outsource Imaging? If so - were you happy there? Did they have plenty of work? Did they pay a fair rate? How was their QA and their platform? I've already invested time in their lengthy application/test and have phone interview tomorrow. Any info or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!! ...

What Companies Outsource Overseas?
Jul 06, 2012

Why the talk about our jobs being outsourced to India? Is this actually happening now?? I've been away from the business for a couple of years, but when I left it, everyone was very against outsourcing oversears. ...

Hospital Outsource Company Name(s)
Aug 22, 2012

Is there a way to find out the name of the company or companies a hospital contracts with to do their transcription/editing?  ...

Is Nuance Going To Outsource Us Overseas?
Sep 21, 2013

Company I worked for recently outsourced us to Nuance, and now I'm wondering what the likelihood is that they will, in turn, outsource our entire account overseas? Do they pay less to their people who work overseas? Something's in the air recently - just in the past week or 2 - among me and some others on our account, and it just seems weird. We're getting harrassed more, we're getting more major errors marked BY FAR than previously, and some have even been threatened with be ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging, LLC - Any Comments?
Mar 06, 2010

do not know what state.  Any info appreciated.  ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging Fact Or Fiction?
Oct 28, 2011

I was considering applying at ROI (Rapid Outsource Imaging), but I heard they charge their IC MTs $50 per report error.  Are there any ROI MTs out there who could comment on this?  ...

University Of New Mexico Hospital Stands By Their Decision To Outsource
Jun 14, 2013

In followup to this post  http://forum.mtstars.com/474958.html This KRQE news story  http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/business/unm-hospital-stands-by-its-outsourcing-decision UNM Hospital needs to think about the the income tax dollars not going to the federal govt with these MTs losing their jobs (or if these MTs go with Nuance - the REDUCED income tax dollars) that their decision has caused. Also the reduced sales tax revenue. And loss of medical insurance.  It has been said tha ...

Why Do MTSOs Pay So Little Now?
Aug 31, 2011

Just a few years ago I was making 50K plus doing the same exact thing I am now getting paid 10-12 dollars an hour for.    Does anybody know the real reason for this dramatic change?  the details? ...

Hey, MTSOs
Dec 20, 2011

When will you MTSOs wise up and realize that pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages of account specs for nitpicky docs SLOW DOWN YOUR MTs?  If you had any sense, you would use standardized headings in all reports and then turn that into a positive by telling prospective clients that it expedites turnaround of their reports.  That is *exactly* what I did back when I owned my company, and it worked!&n ...

Hey, MTSOs...
May 25, 2012

If you want experienced qualified MTs who have been doing this for years and years & can do any WT, any accent, any specialty, adapt to any software quickly.... quit requiring them to include a weekend day.  Save those for part-timers or newbies.  The experienced "oldies" have done their graveyard and weekend time.  There are actually some companies who "get" that.  If you're wondering why you can't find good experienced MTs, maybe that's why... ...

Any MTSOs Out There?
May 26, 2013

Hello! I'm a small MTSO who had lost some clients due to EMR.  I'm not yet ready to give up as of yet because I love this profession very much being in the MT business for the past 11 years.  I have heard stories about more and more doctors getting frustrated with EMR and would still want to dictate parts of the medical reports but somehow needed the transcribed dictation interfaced with their own EMR system.  I'm very interested to learn how this is done so I can o ...

Any MTSOs That Do NOT Use QA To
Mar 31, 2014

Honestly, I hate change but I am ready to jump. I don't ask too much, just to know if I get audited by QA the intent is not to take money off me. From what I can see, both the two big 2 - Nuance and MModal - use QA punitively financially, and while I have no objection to QA, when it is used to pick off MT pay I find that reprehensible and not an incentive to work your heart out, if you get what I mean. If anyone cares to share their company's policies, especially if they don't ...

Are There Any MTSOs Out There
Sep 05, 2014

on an employee status?  Would love to get out of the big N, but I don't want to be an IC at my age. ...

MTSOs: Would You Please Tell Us When There Is No
Feb 09, 2015

That would make things much easier for us to plan ahead the rest of our shift;  whether to sit there and wait for work, or if we only will be working part of a shift and the work runs out,  or if we can sign out and do other things in our personal life that need to be done.  I can't see that it's that big a problem or inconvenience for you to simply send an email to all on the account, or instant message, or whatever.  You do it when you're begging for he ...

Do You Think MTSOs Are Using VR Instead Of Offshoring?
Oct 20, 2009

I could be wrong, but it appears to me that the VR came about as an answer to the problem of offshoring.  I am sure many clients prefer to keep their dictation/transcription right here in the USA and request that from the companies they use.  Maybe we should not be so adverse to it, as it could be the only means of keeping the work here affordably. ...

Question For MTSOs
Nov 12, 2009

How do you handle using subcontractors (IC's) and still be HIPAA and HITECH compliant?  I guess what I'm getting at is after I did some reading on IRS rules for employee versus IC, it sounds almost impossible to have IC and be HIPAA/HITECH compliant. One says I have to provide training/education on HIPAA, yet the other ones says I can't provide training/education otherwise they are an "employee."  One says I can't dictate how the work station is set up, etc., but t ...

How Do MTSOs Get Away With Hiring Only ICs.
Dec 17, 2009

Is this just a scam so that employers don't have to pay benefits and employer taxes?  I bet if there was an audit, most ICs and MTSOs would be in trouble for using that classification improperly, especially for the full-time positions. I even applied for a full-time secretarial job in a small law office recently, and was told I would be hired as a contractor with no benefits.  I was stunned and declined.  I need to check with the labor department to see if some of my concern ...

Radiololgy MTSOs
Mar 09, 2010

I have finally been offered 2 jobs after working for a company that required experienced MTs but only pays 24,000 a year - that's right, I am eligible for poverty-level discounts on my utilities while working fulltime as a seasoned MT, making the highest line count on my account. So, I wonder how I can ask:  How much money can I expect to make?  I want to make 40 grand a year at least.  ...

TO ALL MTSOs - Please Read And Think About This.
Apr 14, 2010

Let me introduce myself.  I am a full time MT with 25 years experience in this business, averaging typing 2000 lines per day, audit scores 98% and above, who willingly works OT when requested, and I have never taken a sick day.  I consider my job a serious employment commitment. I am the bread-winner in my family.  I don't say this to indicate I make the most money.  This means I PAY THE BILLS.  You know, mortgage, car payments, insurance, light bill, food on the ta ...

Question For MTSOs (sm)
May 06, 2010

I am just curious at what point you stop looking at resumes that have been emailed to you after posting a job.  Is it 50?  100?  More or less?  If I have been away from the board for a bit and come back to find a job that has been posted that I am interested in, if there are more than 200 views to it I generally move on and do not bother with applying.  I figured that with that many viewing probably half or more have applied and sending my resume at that point would be ...

MTSOs Using What You Say On Forums Like This Against You
Jun 15, 2010

I'm not an MTSO, never was, and never would be if I could help it. In one of the threads below someone mentioned that some larger MTSOs hold it against someone if they post something on a forum like this. I put myself in the position of the MTSO for a moment. What would I do if someone contacted me and told me that one of the MTs that was working for me was trashing me on a public forum. I would go look at it. If I knew who they were, I wouldn't send them any additional work. It wouldn ...

MTSOs Being Greedy
Jul 27, 2010

Let's get to the point here on why most MTSOs are greedy.  It is not because the MT makes mistakes or should make mistakes.  That is not the issue.  The real issue is that MTSOs don't pay what a quality MT is worth!  That's where the "greedy" comes in.  It also shows that the MTSO obviously doesn't really care about the transcriptionist at all.  If an MTSO pays really low, this says to me they are treating the MTs as robot "worker bees" work ...

MTSOs And Windows
Jul 29, 2010

Man...sometimes I'm sorry I upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit last October.  It is not compatible with many MTSOs' tech, so I can't apply.   ...