A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

why are we not checking out companies that don't outsource? - missindale

Posted: Jan 25, 2011

there are jobs over there on the job seekers board that say no outsourcing, US only.  we are unhappy here.  are those companies bad too?

Medquist - Rocketgirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I have no idea why we're not trying to find something better. Maybe that which we already know feels safer. Plus, I worked for one company that paid literally pennies per day before Spheris/Medquist. ****

No Outsourcing Companies - ICMT

[ In Reply To ..]
It took me forever to find another company to work for and then I quit MQ, but I had to take an IC position. When that bunch didn't work out, I found local companies and do clinic notes and of course, no fear of outsourcing there, but eventually, it will be gone probably. I am still working as an IC though. If there are companies out there that don't outsource or use VR and will employ you as an employee, I have yet to find it. I have found other jobs, but it is almost all voice and the ESLs are 90% of the dictators. Again, what to do? I am hanging by a thread it seems. I keep looking, but have been an IC for over a year now, with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I work for one. - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for a smallish (80 or so MTs) MTSO that does not outsource or use VR. Everyone who works here is an employee. They pay well, have enough work, and treat us well. I'm not giving their name because they are not hiring and don't want to be slammed with resumes, but I wanted you to know there are such companies out there. You shouldn't give up looking. I used to work for Spheris and can attest that there is life beyond the huge MTSO!

Where - Where

[ In Reply To ..]
where

Similar Messages:

Companies That Do NOT Outsource
Sep 07, 2011

Is there ANY company out there that does NOT outsource ANY of their dictation?  I usually don't mind ESL dictation except when it's ALL I get anymore.  I work for a company that is being bought out by another company and right now, the only work I get or that is left to type, are the crappiest dictators out there.  This is the dictation that cannot be sent out as a voice recognition file OR for straight typing simply because it's crap dictation.  I've been ...

What Companies Outsource Overseas?
Jul 06, 2012

Why the talk about our jobs being outsourced to India? Is this actually happening now?? I've been away from the business for a couple of years, but when I left it, everyone was very against outsourcing oversears. ...

Does Transcend Outsource?
Nov 28, 2009

Is it true that Transcend outsources to offshore transcriptionists?  I'm with MDI as it merges with Transcend, and if this is true, I don't want to condone it by staying with MDI as it becomes Transcend unless I absolutely cannot find another job. ...

MTSOs Who Don't Outsource?
Jun 05, 2015

I refuse to work for a company who outsources anymore. I don't mind waiting for the right job, but I'm wondering if it even exists. Do any companies NOT outsource work to India? Anyone know?     Thanks is in advance. :) ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging
Apr 21, 2011

Does anyone have information about Rapid Outsource Imaging?  Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging (ROI)
May 19, 2011

I can sign on with them, but they're strictly BOS 3. I'm still in the dark ages with BOS 1. How much time am I going to spend with my head in the book? What things should I focus on (re)learning first? Also, what kind of paperwork do I need to take care of, line counts, billing?  Do they take care of that? All I do with my current company is submit my online line count at the end of the pay period, and two weeks later I get a deposit in the bank. This is the only IC position I&# ...

ROI (Rapid Outsource Imaging)
Oct 31, 2011

Has anyone ever worked for this company? ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging.
Jan 06, 2012

Does anyway know about this company or ever worked there?  It sounds good with high pay on lines, but that is not everything to consider.  Let me know anything that you know. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging? Sm
Jun 12, 2012

Has anyone ever worked for Rapid Outsource Imaging? If so - were you happy there? Did they have plenty of work? Did they pay a fair rate? How was their QA and their platform? I've already invested time in their lengthy application/test and have phone interview tomorrow. Any info or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!! ...

Hospital Outsource Company Name(s)
Aug 22, 2012

Is there a way to find out the name of the company or companies a hospital contracts with to do their transcription/editing?  ...

Is Nuance Going To Outsource Us Overseas?
Sep 21, 2013

Company I worked for recently outsourced us to Nuance, and now I'm wondering what the likelihood is that they will, in turn, outsource our entire account overseas? Do they pay less to their people who work overseas? Something's in the air recently - just in the past week or 2 - among me and some others on our account, and it just seems weird. We're getting harrassed more, we're getting more major errors marked BY FAR than previously, and some have even been threatened with be ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging, LLC - Any Comments?
Mar 06, 2010

do not know what state.  Any info appreciated.  ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging Fact Or Fiction?
Oct 28, 2011

I was considering applying at ROI (Rapid Outsource Imaging), but I heard they charge their IC MTs $50 per report error.  Are there any ROI MTs out there who could comment on this?  ...

Just Checking..
Jan 17, 2010

Do you cap the C in C-section? ...

Just Checking...
Apr 19, 2010

I was just checking to see if q.a.m. is an acceptable abbreviation.  I know that q.d. isn't, but other than that one, there are very few listed in my reference text.  Is there anywhere online that I can find a general idea of which ones are consistently not allowed? Thanks! ...

University Of New Mexico Hospital Stands By Their Decision To Outsource
Jun 14, 2013

In followup to this post  http://forum.mtstars.com/474958.html This KRQE news story  http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/business/unm-hospital-stands-by-its-outsourcing-decision UNM Hospital needs to think about the the income tax dollars not going to the federal govt with these MTs losing their jobs (or if these MTs go with Nuance - the REDUCED income tax dollars) that their decision has caused. Also the reduced sales tax revenue. And loss of medical insurance.  It has been said tha ...

Just Checking Prices
Aug 10, 2010

I just wanted to compare prices with other MTs that are using similar services.... My FTP site - $25 monthly  (up to 5 users) Digital Dictation System - I pay $0.17 per minute for telephone dictation and $0.10 per minute for imported dictation (from hand-held recorders). The recorders are $299 each (Olympus 2400) with a $150 one-time set-up fee.  I am interested in cutting costs if any other MT has a less expensive system they could refer me to.   Thanks!     ...

Are We Checking QC's Work?
Sep 08, 2013

Are we double checking QCs work by going into Fiesa and looking through what they have QC'd?  Is it a means of checking the work to make sure it goes to the clients nearly perfect? This crossed my mind before, but just not asked. ...

Checking FIESA
Jul 03, 2014

Today my TSM sent out a list of people who have to check their FIESA scores.  She used their names instead of their HR numbers.  This really bothers me and I can only imagine the people mentioned feel, well, like crap.  Oh, and she congratulated us for bringing our FIESA scores up to 94%.  Well who would after being bombarded with emails about that.  ...

Spellcheck Not Checking CAPS
Feb 23, 2010

My spellchecker is not checking for words in all caps, such as in headings.  I have Windows XP and Word.  Does anyone know where I am supposed to look to find and correct this?  I know this probably sounds dumb to you smart MTs out there, but I really just don't know where to look and how to fix this.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. ...

2010 W2 Still Through ADP? Making Sure I'm Checking The
Jan 19, 2011

nm ...

The Sclerae Were/was White? (just Checking)
Feb 23, 2011

. ...

Checking/unchecking Options
Mar 04, 2011

Is it just me, or does it seem like every time I have audio highlighted and the one below it checked under Tools/Options, that I have to go back in and uncheck them because some dictator is putting things out of order.  I give up!  I guess I'll just have to leave them unchecked.  Anyone come up with an easier solution?  I can't think of any. Little things are irritating me tonight. ... ...

Ultipro - Checking Pay Stubs
Oct 20, 2011

Would anyone happen to know who we contact when my password is locked out?  I have tried answering my security questions and it will not allow me to continue.  I wasn't sure if I need to put a QCare ticket or is there someone else to contact to get it reset. Thank you. ...

Softscript, Always Seeing Ad For Them, Thinking Of Checking Them Out
Jan 10, 2012

etc.  TIA ...

Checking Line Count In DQM
Jun 03, 2012

Anyone having trouble checking line count.  Can't get the pulldowns to work.  ...

Checking For Workload In Accounts On DEP?
Jul 31, 2012

My account just went to Docqscribe today. I had training way back in March. I thought there was a way to look and see how much work was available in an account. I can't seem to find a way to do that. Maybe I was just dreaming.....?  Since it is after hours for anybody in charge, I thought I would ask here. ...

How Many Reports Gets QA'd When Checking Your Work?
Aug 15, 2012

BAck in the day it used to just be 3 reports that they check..... guess they changed that huh?   ...

Checking Check Stubs In ADP Self-Service?
Jul 05, 2012

I'm sure there is probably a way to look at check stubs, W2s, etc. on the Transcend/Nuance web site but I don't know how to do it.  I tried to use ADP self-service.  But, it is asking for some registration code that I don't have.  I was given a 5-digit employee number but it doesn't want to accept that.  I'm a new employee.  If anyone can answer on this I'd appreciate it.   ...

I Was Warned Of A Potential Bad Employer By Checking
Apr 30, 2013

this forum and I backed out because I had to purchase software and would be "micromanaged" too closely. I found myself on the offensive and caught the recruiter off guard because I told him I had no money to buy software because MTs are so poor. It was beautiful just to hear his jaw drop! I felt tremendous just to boycott this industry in my own way. ...