A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Where's the part about how crappy they pay us? - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Or the fact they outsource work? A-holes.

Read this - too

[ In Reply To ..]
Poor, CEO.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/07/09/ceo-salaries-sport-princely-gains/

Meh, nothing earth shattering - Just the new norm

[ In Reply To ..]
Traditional medical transcription is entering Stage IV of its eventual demise.

I am astounded that new people are coming into the field. It was time to start making preparations to get out 5 years ago.

Similar Messages:

Nuance Job Hunters Club
May 09, 2014

I posted the survey below a few days ago, and the numbers say that Nuance job seekers are a significant number of us on this board.  I am struggling to keep up the excitement and motivation necessary to be successful.  Working for Nuance is exhausting and disspiriting, and keeping negative thoughts and emotions in check takes tremendous effort.  I know that I need lots of encouragement, and others do also.  But, there is no question that positive thoughts and feelings ...

Nuance CEO Made $37 Million In 2012
Apr 14, 2013

President of Marketing made $7.58 million. CFO made $6.17 million. Executive VP of Corporate Strategy and Development made $2.52 million. Executive VP of Healthcare Division made $1.94 million.   WHY ARE YOU WASTING TIME READING THIS?  GET TO TYPING!!  THE EXECUTIVES NEED THEIR PAYCHECKS!!     ...

Club Siella?
Dec 14, 2011

Dr is dictating "HISTORY:  The patient returns after recieving a week-long course for multi-drug resistant urine, S/L 'club siella' and infected right heel decubitus."  I'm not even sure if its a medical term or if i can't understand his cajun accent.  Plz help :( ...

Are You A Member Of The Bobblehead Club? Sm
Jun 24, 2012

LOL. Have to laugh.  Just ran across my WMX bobbleheads while cleaning our spare room.  Anyone remember when we were sent those?  Think I just found my new nickname here. ...

All In The Name Of The Almighty Dollar
Nov 20, 2009

What has happened to quality?  Someone earlier today mentioned that she had a verbatim acct and was embarrassed to send out the report with her initials on it because the doctor's grammar was so bad. What happen to the time when we were allowed to type three, four, five, instead of 3, 4 or 5.  We get sentences such as "The patient was prescribed Ultram 50 2 times a day.  I'm going to type out two there because at least to me, it looks confusing. Whatever happened to be ...

Another Day, Another Dollar Not Earned. This Is More Than
Jan 04, 2012

ridiculous at this point.  Yes I am looking for something else and yes I did file for partial unemployment but have not been approved yet.  My husband and I just had a blowup because he wants me to just up and quit but I do not want to do that and we can't afford that but we can't afford for me to be going to work every day and not earning anything.  Sorry for venting but I'm losing my mind here.... ...

One Dollar Per Page
Sep 26, 2013

Just got an offer with a company for 1.00 a page for medical transcription.  I had thought when I applied it was some kind of insurance transcription but it turns out they are medical.  This is certainly not a good rate at all.  Anyone else got any offers like this?  This is not x-rays, it would be acute care.  ...

Expression Of Dollar Amount. Please See Msg.
Nov 16, 2009

Doctor says: "She is carrying about 12 to 15 thousand dollars in credit card debt." Do I put it $12 to $15 thousand, $12,000 or $15,000 or as above? Thanks. ...

Local Social Club To Transcribe Documents
Mar 31, 2013

I have been hired by a local social club to transcribe documents for their archives. The original is 52 pages long, but with refomatting and all, i expect the document to be over 100 pages long. Can anybody give me an idea of what to charge? ...

S/l Lonsbury Silver-dollar Curette - Sm
Jul 30, 2012

Adherent placental tissue was noted and easily removed with a (s/l) "lonsbury" silver-dollar curette. ...

30 Million Slaves
Oct 17, 2013

half of which are in India.  Bet I know where the other half are. REPORT: 30 million people are slaves, half in India... ^ ...

MQ Makes A Net Income Of 9.7 Million.
Feb 01, 2010

http://www.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=58609   That money is OUR money for what MQ did to all of us and probably most of the money MQ took was from ASR!!!  I see MQ hired ANOTHER VP for global service?  I wonder how much this person makes?  Along with bonuses?  So, that makes what. . .,  30 some VP's who work for MQ?   ...

Another Lawsuit Worth 2 Million.
Aug 19, 2010

Gee, I wonder if our pay is already being affected AGAIN or going too soon by the company figuring out how re-do our pay.  Be careful, we might get another survey.    http://philly.citybizlist.com/YourCityBizNews/detail.aspx?id=90208   MedQuist Pays Kaiser $2M to Settle Suit - cbl Share Email this Article By citybizlist Staff MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. -- MedQuist Inc. (NASDAQ: MEDQ), a medical transcription company, has agreed to pay Kaiser Permanente $2 million to sett ...

I Know This Has Been Posted A Million Times But . . .
Nov 16, 2012

It makes me feel better to vent on here. I'm so sick of QA. Now we are being marked off for blanks sent to QA. We were also told we could send the job to facility with 2 blanks. Now, I'm marked off for those. And, typing we will . . . instead of we have . . . I get that I got that wrong but is that one error worth a score of 98.2%. So, I guess I should be expecting a "corrective action" email from my TL. She said anybody below 99% would be receiving corrective action. Sigh . . . ...

JP: A Million Thanks For Standing Up For Us Yesterday
Dec 14, 2012

Yes! ...

$140 Million Judgment Against Precyse
Dec 15, 2012

Fatal outsourcing? Thomas Hospital hit with $140 million verdict in death of Daphne woman.. "It began with a mistake made halfway around the world. Juno’s doctor reviewed his patient’s medical chart and certified on a form the medication and dosages that she should take. He then dictated that same information into a phone line. In the past, a medical transcriptionist at the hospital would have written the information from the dictation onto a discharge summary. But Finkbo ...

IMedX Nearly $50 Million In Revenue Acquisition
Sep 11, 2014

Hey iMedX MTs, I thought you would like to know how well we are doing. I think it's time for a line rate increase! http://itbriefing.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=610308 ATLANTA, Sept. 3, 2014 -- iMedX, a leading health information solutions company and a leader in medical documentation solutions, today announced that it has added nearly $50 million in acquisition revenue over the past 12 months thanks to eight deals, including five in 2014. iMedX, the third- ...

Thirty-two Million Americans Wil Be On New Healthcare Plan
Jun 29, 2012

MedQuist Pays $2 Million To Settle Lawsuit With Kaiser
Aug 20, 2010

http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/stories/2010/08/16/daily23.html   Medical transcription services company MedQuist Inc. has agreed to pay Kaiser Permanente $2 million to settle a lawsuit in which the health-care company alleged MedQuist inflated its costs. Kaiser of Oakland, Calif., filed its lawsuit against MedQuist (NASDAQ:MEDQ) during the summer of 2008. Under the terms of the settlement, MedQuist of Mount Laurel, N.J., made a single lump sum payme ...

Hackers Demand $10 Million After Hijacking Millions Of Virginia Medical Records
Dec 22, 2009

This was in a UK paper but I don't recall hearing about it here in the US. Hmmm.....I wonder why.  Here's the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1178276/Hackers-demand--10m-ransom-hijacking-millions-medical-records.html ...

Long-arm "club" Cast?
Nov 15, 2012

I've never heard this term before, but it sounds very clear. However, I can't verify it? I have, of course, heard of a long-arm cast but just never a "club" cast. Anyone know if this is correct? This is after surgery for web space deepening and doing some ligament transfer and ligament reconstructions on the hand, when he's doing the final dressing and puts on a cast at the end of the surgery. Thanks in advance. ...

"ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER DOLLAR" ... TRUE (literally) IN THIS JOB
Jan 24, 2014

........................................ ...

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

INDIA'S POWER GRID COLLAPSES - 680 MILLION LOSE POWER
Jul 31, 2012

One of the things I have repeatedly written and warned about when it comes to outsourcing is the uncertain infrastructure that many foreign countries have - and I'm not just talking about their electrical grids. Foreign countries introduce huge elements of uncertainty (read, RISK) when it comes to their physical infrastructure, but also their social, governmental and legal infrastructures.  And when it comes to something as CRITICAL as American healthcare records (which, may I remind ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...