A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

iMedX nearly $50 million in revenue acquisition - anon

Posted: Sep 11, 2014

Hey iMedX MTs, I thought you would like to know how well we are doing. I think it's time for a line rate increase! http://itbriefing.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=610308 ATLANTA, Sept. 3, 2014 -- iMedX, a leading health information solutions company and a leader in medical documentation solutions, today announced that it has added nearly $50 million in acquisition revenue over the past 12 months thanks to eight deals, including five in 2014. iMedX, the third-largest company in the industry in terms of revenue, combines technology with exceptional customer service to deliver unparalleled solutions for medical documentation, high-value medical coding services and data analytics solutions.

rate increase - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I could sure use a raise, but we know that's not happening. Raising the line count quota raises stress more than pay, but that's the only raise offered.

Did it also mention where most of their labor force is located - India it is

[ In Reply To ..]
So the only raises are the dudes at the top.

line rate increase? yeah right - IMedX MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was working for one of the companies that got sucked into IMedX. Since then, much of the work has gone offshore and the rest will be going to voice wreck soon. Anyone want to take bets that our line rates will go down when that happens?

re: line rate increase? yeah right - IMedX MT - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Some people have gotten their new contracts with IMedX. They are dropping us to .35 cpl

New contracts?? - What company did you work for

[ In Reply To ..]
Just wondering what company you worked for that "merged" with Imedx. I am with TransTech and have heard nothing yet of new contracts and drop in line rate. Your statement about new contracts makes me really nervous. Can you give more info please.

Ugh - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
That is AMAZING... especially for a company that says commas don't matter and to get perfection out of your mind, because you can't be productive if you are worried about quality. Sure must be nice for the investors though. I guess at least THEY can pay their bills while poopooing all over the MTs.

Unfortunately, that large revenue and being in - the top 3 means probably lower wages

[ In Reply To ..]
coming soon. They don't become competetive with the other big 2 by taking care of their employees, that's for sure. Clearly, they are competing with the other 2 evils and only by cutting wages as the other 2 did will they ever have a chance of moving up the ladder. How sad is that.

Imedx pay - potential employee

[ In Reply To ..]
Would anybody be willing to comment on what they pay? TIA!

Huge rates in acquisitions - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not and never was with iMedX, but I did my time with MQ back in its evil day, so I think I can relate. Doesn't it just chap you to know that this kind of money is being made on our backs? I am pretty much out of MT, am working only part-time now, have a research gig at a law firm (for which I am thankful). I don't resent that the senior partners bill at $800 or so an hour because I know that associates who work like dogs (and I do mean dogs), get lots of billable hours, and really do well in court have a chance of making partner in several years. But do MTs have a chance of getting rewarded? No way, Jose. Not only do we not get rewarded for our effort, we get less and less. Even though I now have about 50K in debt, I am still glad I chose to change careers. I am not a young guy, but I am not old, either, and if I am going to break my back, I would rather do it at a law firm where I have a chance to be rewarded than get stomped on by the MT world. My sympathies are with the MTs and my anger is at the MTSOs!

Don't you mean "huge RATS", Nick :0) - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Revenue Per Employee
Sep 17, 2011

Just a tidbit - wonder which group of employees this pertains to?? Transcend Services is Among the Companies in the Health Care ...Investor's Business DailyTranscend Services (TRCR) ranks first with an RPE of $56K; MedQuist (MEDQ) ranks second with an RPE of $62K; and Computer Programs & Systems (CPSI) ranks ... ...

ACQUISITION
Oct 01, 2012

Nuance is a terrible cancer to the health care industry.  Just heard of another acquisition as of today as well as one last week.    http://www.boston.com/businessupdates/2012/10/01/nuance-communications-buys-thomas-and-associates/8K2ns8bAqnTJK61q7eNlFP/story.html ...

Nuance's Acquisition Of Webmedx
Jul 14, 2011

I saw the press release today regarding Nuance/Webmedx and was wondering, since Medquist bought M-Modal last month, if all the Webmedx accounts are being swiched over to eScription or Dictaphone (which Nuance uses), or if Nuance also acquired the Enterprise platform and all Webmedx accounts are back to that platform. Anyone out there with any additional information about how the QA folks will be handled? I'm a former Webmedx'er and a new (yet to start working) Nuance employee, so am ve ...

New To MQ By Acquisition. In UltiPro Which Line
Oct 12, 2011

shows what our base cpl is?  TIA! ...

For Any Potential New Nuance Acquisition
Jun 21, 2014

Every time there is a hospital or clinic acquisition, those "acquired" MTs will be crammed onto existing accounts as their own account/work types become more streamlined and less available as more and more of it is done more efficiently with voice wreck and 3 shifts of people to do the work. Think of it like when a larger dog moves into a pen already crowded with too many dogs. All the pre-existing dogs have to scooch over yet again (exist on less) to make room for the new dog in the cage.& ...

XL TECH DIGITAL ACQUISITION TECHNOLOGY
Mar 23, 2012

EEG - my question is in the subject line.  Excel tech, XL tek, cannot ref.  thanks! ...

Losing M-Modal With Nuance Acquisition
May 21, 2012

Can you tell me what we will notice or how we will be impacted when M-Modal is taken away from Transcend/Nuance employees.  (If indeed it is taken away.) TIA. ...

The M*Modal Talent Acquisition Team
Jun 27, 2012

What is going on at M*Modal that would make their acquisition team email me and leave phone messages at least 3 times a week for over a month?  I have not responded to any of these messages, and I have not shown any interest in working for them in many years.  Where is what I get:  Dear *********, Recently, we contacted you to inform you that you are eligible to retest for a position with M*Modal. We have not yet received your testing results. Please note, your testing must be ...

Anybody Out There Who Used To Work For Alltype Before The Acquisition Who Are Happy Now?
Oct 05, 2012

30 Million Slaves
Oct 17, 2013

half of which are in India.  Bet I know where the other half are. REPORT: 30 million people are slaves, half in India... ^ ...

MQ Makes A Net Income Of 9.7 Million.
Feb 01, 2010

http://www.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=58609   That money is OUR money for what MQ did to all of us and probably most of the money MQ took was from ASR!!!  I see MQ hired ANOTHER VP for global service?  I wonder how much this person makes?  Along with bonuses?  So, that makes what. . .,  30 some VP's who work for MQ?   ...

Another Lawsuit Worth 2 Million.
Aug 19, 2010

Gee, I wonder if our pay is already being affected AGAIN or going too soon by the company figuring out how re-do our pay.  Be careful, we might get another survey.    http://philly.citybizlist.com/YourCityBizNews/detail.aspx?id=90208   MedQuist Pays Kaiser $2M to Settle Suit - cbl Share Email this Article By citybizlist Staff MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. -- MedQuist Inc. (NASDAQ: MEDQ), a medical transcription company, has agreed to pay Kaiser Permanente $2 million to sett ...

I Know This Has Been Posted A Million Times But . . .
Nov 16, 2012

It makes me feel better to vent on here. I'm so sick of QA. Now we are being marked off for blanks sent to QA. We were also told we could send the job to facility with 2 blanks. Now, I'm marked off for those. And, typing we will . . . instead of we have . . . I get that I got that wrong but is that one error worth a score of 98.2%. So, I guess I should be expecting a "corrective action" email from my TL. She said anybody below 99% would be receiving corrective action. Sigh . . . ...

JP: A Million Thanks For Standing Up For Us Yesterday
Dec 14, 2012

Yes! ...

$140 Million Judgment Against Precyse
Dec 15, 2012

Fatal outsourcing? Thomas Hospital hit with $140 million verdict in death of Daphne woman.. "It began with a mistake made halfway around the world. Juno’s doctor reviewed his patient’s medical chart and certified on a form the medication and dosages that she should take. He then dictated that same information into a phone line. In the past, a medical transcriptionist at the hospital would have written the information from the dictation onto a discharge summary. But Finkbo ...

Nuance/Transcend Acquisition Done Deal? See Link In Message...
Apr 26, 2012

Looks like a done deal if I read this correctly as of today?  Read article below.... http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20120426-715167.html?mod=WSJ_ComputerSoftware_middleHeadlines ...

Nuance CEO Made $37 Million In 2012
Apr 14, 2013

President of Marketing made $7.58 million. CFO made $6.17 million. Executive VP of Corporate Strategy and Development made $2.52 million. Executive VP of Healthcare Division made $1.94 million.   WHY ARE YOU WASTING TIME READING THIS?  GET TO TYPING!!  THE EXECUTIVES NEED THEIR PAYCHECKS!!     ...

Nuance Million Dollar Club
Jul 15, 2013

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nuance-announces-million-dollar-club-winners-hospitals-saving-1-million-or-more-last-year-2013-06-27 ...

Thirty-two Million Americans Wil Be On New Healthcare Plan
Jun 29, 2012

MedQuist Pays $2 Million To Settle Lawsuit With Kaiser
Aug 20, 2010

http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/stories/2010/08/16/daily23.html   Medical transcription services company MedQuist Inc. has agreed to pay Kaiser Permanente $2 million to settle a lawsuit in which the health-care company alleged MedQuist inflated its costs. Kaiser of Oakland, Calif., filed its lawsuit against MedQuist (NASDAQ:MEDQ) during the summer of 2008. Under the terms of the settlement, MedQuist of Mount Laurel, N.J., made a single lump sum payme ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

Hackers Demand $10 Million After Hijacking Millions Of Virginia Medical Records
Dec 22, 2009

This was in a UK paper but I don't recall hearing about it here in the US. Hmmm.....I wonder why.  Here's the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1178276/Hackers-demand--10m-ransom-hijacking-millions-medical-records.html ...

If It Looks Like IMEDX, Talks Like IMEDX, It Is IMEDX
Feb 28, 2015

No one on this board seems to give specifics when they get canned from IMEDX. So my question is this: Can each person who got laid off/fired let us know more details. Were you PT or full time, did they call or did they email, did you have options, or just firing. How many lines did you do per day. Some of us may not be in your situation and you may have been just an employee that was not worth IMEDX's time and they got rid of you while they may keep all the others, or full timers. Details p ...

Didn't He Say "nothing Would Change" In Our Acquisition Phone Calls
Oct 28, 2014

We would work the same he said.  Lies all lies.  One of my exclusives uploads throughout the day, the others all at once at the end of the day or their last patient.  How I am suppose to cover this in 4 hours from time of dictation and only work part time?  Did anyone record the transition to Nuance calls?  I'd love to play them back now.  **insert nasty language here** ...

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

INDIA'S POWER GRID COLLAPSES - 680 MILLION LOSE POWER
Jul 31, 2012

One of the things I have repeatedly written and warned about when it comes to outsourcing is the uncertain infrastructure that many foreign countries have - and I'm not just talking about their electrical grids. Foreign countries introduce huge elements of uncertainty (read, RISK) when it comes to their physical infrastructure, but also their social, governmental and legal infrastructures.  And when it comes to something as CRITICAL as American healthcare records (which, may I remind ...

Imedx?
May 07, 2012

Anybody have any words about this company, good or bad? ...

IMedX
Jul 02, 2012

Was just informed that my current employer has merged with  iMedX.  Does anyone know anything at all about this company? ...

IMedX PTO
Mar 03, 2014

My company has been acquired by iMedX. How much PTO do we get? Thank you. ...

IMedX Pay
Jul 17, 2014

Has anyone else  who works at iMedX noticed that pay is usually less than the invoice? This is a consistent occurrence for me. ...