A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

30 Million Slaves - nn

Posted: Oct 17, 2013

half of which are in India.  Bet I know where the other half are.

REPORT: 30 million people are slaves, half in India... ^

Funny!--I think! ;-) Thanks for the laugh! (nm) - Good one

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Let me clarify though... - Good one, etc.

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course slavery is NOT funny in any way, shape or form. I don't want to offend anyone...I know posting on this board can cause unpredictable responses!

Comedy/Tragedy - nn

[ In Reply To ..]

No offense taken here. I saw the link on Drudge this a.m. and couldn't resist. And strictly in terms of myself, I'd rather laugh than weep. (o;

Similar Messages:

To The LOST SUITS Or SLAVES
Sep 17, 2010

Regarding the English slang for Management being termed as a "SUIT." On a forum/bbs/chat board it is not uncommon to find shortened variations of words in slang terminology being used.  There seems to be 2 classifications of work force/individuals on this forum and one would NOT need a certification in education to realize them to be Production and Management classifications.   The general consensus of "Production Workers" seems to have been approp ...

Strap Up Your Girdles Nuance Slaves
Jul 30, 2013

Phrased as a "reminder", the TSMs, TLs are making it known (for the new hires pay attention) every single report, every single line, evey single word, WITH OR WITHOUT BLANKS, will be heavily scrutinized in the search for the QCs to make their 40% bonus.  Reports are being put through as many "audits" as it takes to hammer the MLS; I use the term audit losely, to nail the MLS any way they can, as hard as they can.  This way, the QCs get their bonuses of the backs and ...

How Are You Over Worked Under Paid Slaves Doing Tonight After A Long Day Of Work.
Oct 25, 2012

Back hurting? Wrists numb? Can you feel your finger tips? Ankles hurting? Ears ringing? Nerves shot? Anxiety and depression 2 fold? Stress out of control? Weight gain from lack of exercise? Tired eyes? Bills still not paid?   YEP.....sounds like you worked it today. Get some rest because you're gonna do it again tomorrow.....over worked and severely underpaid. How many of you got let go today without any explanation? How many of you got a check today that was short? How ma ...

MQ Makes A Net Income Of 9.7 Million.
Feb 01, 2010

http://www.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=58609   That money is OUR money for what MQ did to all of us and probably most of the money MQ took was from ASR!!!  I see MQ hired ANOTHER VP for global service?  I wonder how much this person makes?  Along with bonuses?  So, that makes what. . .,  30 some VP's who work for MQ?   ...

Another Lawsuit Worth 2 Million.
Aug 19, 2010

Gee, I wonder if our pay is already being affected AGAIN or going too soon by the company figuring out how re-do our pay.  Be careful, we might get another survey.    http://philly.citybizlist.com/YourCityBizNews/detail.aspx?id=90208   MedQuist Pays Kaiser $2M to Settle Suit - cbl Share Email this Article By citybizlist Staff MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. -- MedQuist Inc. (NASDAQ: MEDQ), a medical transcription company, has agreed to pay Kaiser Permanente $2 million to sett ...

I Know This Has Been Posted A Million Times But . . .
Nov 16, 2012

It makes me feel better to vent on here. I'm so sick of QA. Now we are being marked off for blanks sent to QA. We were also told we could send the job to facility with 2 blanks. Now, I'm marked off for those. And, typing we will . . . instead of we have . . . I get that I got that wrong but is that one error worth a score of 98.2%. So, I guess I should be expecting a "corrective action" email from my TL. She said anybody below 99% would be receiving corrective action. Sigh . . . ...

JP: A Million Thanks For Standing Up For Us Yesterday
Dec 14, 2012

Yes! ...

$140 Million Judgment Against Precyse
Dec 15, 2012

Fatal outsourcing? Thomas Hospital hit with $140 million verdict in death of Daphne woman.. "It began with a mistake made halfway around the world. Juno’s doctor reviewed his patient’s medical chart and certified on a form the medication and dosages that she should take. He then dictated that same information into a phone line. In the past, a medical transcriptionist at the hospital would have written the information from the dictation onto a discharge summary. But Finkbo ...

Nuance CEO Made $37 Million In 2012
Apr 14, 2013

President of Marketing made $7.58 million. CFO made $6.17 million. Executive VP of Corporate Strategy and Development made $2.52 million. Executive VP of Healthcare Division made $1.94 million.   WHY ARE YOU WASTING TIME READING THIS?  GET TO TYPING!!  THE EXECUTIVES NEED THEIR PAYCHECKS!!     ...

Nuance Million Dollar Club
Jul 15, 2013

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nuance-announces-million-dollar-club-winners-hospitals-saving-1-million-or-more-last-year-2013-06-27 ...

IMedX Nearly $50 Million In Revenue Acquisition
Sep 11, 2014

Hey iMedX MTs, I thought you would like to know how well we are doing. I think it's time for a line rate increase! http://itbriefing.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=610308 ATLANTA, Sept. 3, 2014 -- iMedX, a leading health information solutions company and a leader in medical documentation solutions, today announced that it has added nearly $50 million in acquisition revenue over the past 12 months thanks to eight deals, including five in 2014. iMedX, the third- ...

Thirty-two Million Americans Wil Be On New Healthcare Plan
Jun 29, 2012

MedQuist Pays $2 Million To Settle Lawsuit With Kaiser
Aug 20, 2010

http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/stories/2010/08/16/daily23.html   Medical transcription services company MedQuist Inc. has agreed to pay Kaiser Permanente $2 million to settle a lawsuit in which the health-care company alleged MedQuist inflated its costs. Kaiser of Oakland, Calif., filed its lawsuit against MedQuist (NASDAQ:MEDQ) during the summer of 2008. Under the terms of the settlement, MedQuist of Mount Laurel, N.J., made a single lump sum payme ...

Hackers Demand $10 Million After Hijacking Millions Of Virginia Medical Records
Dec 22, 2009

This was in a UK paper but I don't recall hearing about it here in the US. Hmmm.....I wonder why.  Here's the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1178276/Hackers-demand--10m-ransom-hijacking-millions-medical-records.html ...

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

INDIA'S POWER GRID COLLAPSES - 680 MILLION LOSE POWER
Jul 31, 2012

One of the things I have repeatedly written and warned about when it comes to outsourcing is the uncertain infrastructure that many foreign countries have - and I'm not just talking about their electrical grids. Foreign countries introduce huge elements of uncertainty (read, RISK) when it comes to their physical infrastructure, but also their social, governmental and legal infrastructures.  And when it comes to something as CRITICAL as American healthcare records (which, may I remind ...