A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Allscripts versus Nuance?? - NuAnon

Posted: Oct 17, 2013

Who is Allscripts. Are they competitors with Nuance, are they part of Nuance?

One of my accounts just got bought out earlier this month, now I just read the new owners have signed with Allscripts in an official press release.  Just wondering what this all means.

Any ideas?

Found it.... Allscripts partners with MModal - Guess I can kiss that account good-bye

[ In Reply To ..]
It's just a matter of time....

allscripts makes EMRS, not transcription - eSCription and EXText - work with Allscripts nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I read that doctors don't like their product and - Rockabilly

[ In Reply To ..]
have sued them.

Similar Messages:

Typingn Into Allscripts
Jun 27, 2014

Hi!  Does anyone type radiology reports right into allscripts.  Right now they are typing them, printing reports, doctor signs and then they scan into allscripts and doctor has to electroically sign it too.  Can we type it directly into allscripts?   Thanks in advance! ...

Transcribing In Allscripts EHR Software
Jun 16, 2011

Anyone out there transcribing in the Allscripts software. I really need some help. If I log into the doctors server to get into the Allscripts system, then I cannot use my shortcut program, my line counting software etc.....I just have to straight type with no shortcuts whatsoever. That is very difficult to do when you are used to using the shortcuts for years. Anyhow.....I need help figuring out a way to make this work. Right now I am typing in my Word program using my shortcuts, etc., and ...

Allscripts EHR Software And Transcription
May 21, 2012

Allscripts EHR software - my acct clinic/hospital is implementing this software - does anyone know how this software will affect my transcription ? ...

Nuance QC Versus QA
Aug 13, 2012

By reading some of the posts on here, it looks like QC position is lower than QA position and even possibly lower than a Team Lead position.  Could someone clarify this? Also, does anyone know what hourly rate may be like for the QC position?  Thanks so much, Transcender being assimilated. ...

Nuance Versus Transcend?
Jun 23, 2011

Any thoughts on these 2 companies? Which one would you consider to be the lesser of 2 evils? TIA! ...

Transcend Versus Nuance
Dec 14, 2011

I am thinking about both Nuance and Transcend.  Does anyone like working for Nuance?  Does anyone have any advice?  Left MQ - looking for something better. ...

IMedX Versus Nuance
Feb 06, 2014

I have been offered a position with both companies and I have heard some really rough things about Nuance and was wondering if anyone had the choice between these two which one would you choose? ...

TransTech Versus Nuance?
Apr 01, 2014

Hello, fellow MTs!  I have been working for Nuance as an MT for 4 years, and becoming progressively dissatisfied with them.  I noticed that TransTech is hiring.  Can anyone tell me how they compare?  I already emailed their recruiting department, but would like to get some feedback here as well. Thanks!! Julie ...

Nuance Versus Keystrokes
Nov 03, 2014

Who has worked at both of these companies? Compare the two. There is so much negativity on this board, it almost makes every company sound bad except one. I would like just a factual comparison on the work, the pay, etc. :) ...

Opinions On M-Modal Versus Nuance.
Jul 09, 2012

Working right now for NTS (lots of dirt here), but would like some honest opinions on M-Modal.  They sent me an email wanting me to test (as i am sure they have many others), and today I got an automated phone call from them.  Anyone know if this would be an improvement?  Thanks! ...

Mmodal Versus Nuance...any Advice?
Oct 03, 2012

Nuance Health Ins Versus Obamacare
Feb 11, 2015

May be a silly question, but can't seem to get an answer. Can we cancel health benefits with Nuance at any time? Or is it only once a year? Can we drop it and get Obamacare instead? From what I have heard from friends, I would have much better coverage going with Obamacare instead of Nuance. ...

MT Pay Versus What Nuance Charges Per Line For Hospital Reports
Jun 07, 2014

Does anyone know or maybe even make an educated guess...how much a hospital might pay per line to have Nuance do their reports?  We are guessing somewhere .12 to .15 upwards to .20/line.   Of course they are claiming that this will save them all sorts of money and we'd like to know if they are really going to save as much as they think they are.  Oh...and did I mention that Nuance said they wouldn't be sending anything to anyone who didn't speak English ou ...

Nuance: Speech Recognition Versus Transcription Line Counts
May 13, 2012

As I was working today I thought about speech versus transcription, and it occurred to me that I was transcribing a good deal in each speech report I "edited." Why is transcription done for a full report paid any differently than transcription done in a speech report? In other words, why don't I get paid my transcription line count for the characters I am transcribing in a speech report, particularly since a great deal of these speech reports require almost re-transcribing completely due to ...

End Point Versus Endpoint And Hand Grip Versus Handgrip
Mar 13, 2012

Two words that come up often for questioning.  These are strictly used in an orthopedic setting.  Stedman's and Dorland's list end point and hand grip HOWEVER the office transcription manager,  girl is asking for me to correct this to endpoint and handgrip. She is only basing this on what an old medical transcription company she used to work for had her typing. I would rather base it on the  medical reference. The doctors are not even aware this has come up. She is ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Versus Or Vs
Nov 04, 2009

Im new in this game and appreciate help with a silly question.  When a doctor dictates the word versus should we type vs. ...

'of' Versus 'for'
Dec 08, 2009

Hi, Can someone tell me which is correct? 'suspected of driving under the influence' or 'suspected for driving under the influence'. I think it is 'of', but not sure why this is so. Thanks. ...

IC Versus P.r.n.
Dec 10, 2009

What is the difference between an IC position and a p.r.n. position? ...

Ccs Versus ML
Jan 27, 2010

Whey typing for plastics is it okay to use ccs for the size of saline implants or is the preferred way mL....thanks. ...

VR Versus SR
Feb 20, 2010

I am not familiar with VR and have never used it, but I understand that there is a difference between voice recognition (VR) and speech recognition (SR). I am told the difference is that with VR the program has to be trained because it goes by voice only, sort of like us getting used to different dictators when we start a new account.  SR is supposedly different in that it goes by speech alone, meaning I guess, just the actual words dictated and is not affected by voice differences. Does ...

BNP Versus BMP
Jun 08, 2010

Hi, I have a dictator going over the patient's hypertension.  At the end of the section he says (BMP/BNP) was unremarkable.  I have no values, so I don't know if it was a single test or multiple.  If he's talkign about hypertension, I would think that BNP would be feasible, but it really sounds more like BMP.  Any help is great! ...

Sat Versus Set
Aug 15, 2010

Present ventilator settings:  Assist-control mode, FiO2 35%, tidal volume 400, PEEP 5, s/l sat or set rate of 12.    ...

In To Versus Into
Oct 21, 2010

which one to use...... He called the prescription into the pharmacy. or He called the prescription in to the pharmacy. Thanks!!!!   ...

ASR Versus ST
Nov 01, 2010

If you were offered 9 cents for straight transcription and 7 cents for ASR, which would you prefer to do...editing at 7 cpl or transcription at 9 cpl or both?  If you had to do both, but at given rates, would that be satisfactory? ...

Cc Versus ML
Jan 07, 2011

Is 780 mL of urine correct.  Or is 780 ml of urine.  TIA ...

5 Out Of 5 Versus 5/5
Jan 28, 2011

I've been marked wrong on QA because I typed "5 out of 5" (as dictated) instead of transcribing it as 5/5 (which I would have typed if the doc had said "5 over 5").  What is your opinion on this?  Any proof one way or the other in BOS?  I haven't been able to find it ... ...

CCA Versus CCS
Dec 20, 2011

I have a question for you coders out there.  I decided I want to make a career change from MT to coding.  My question is, is it realistic to expect to pass the CCS exam after completing Andrews or other online schools?  I looked into AHIMA's courses they recommend on their website and they only train you to take the CCA exam (Career Step and Kaplan).  I want to be a CCS and not waste my money training for CCA.  I don't see job listings for C ...

Zero Versus 0
Jan 30, 2012

When transcribing range of motion is it zero to 125 degrees or 0 to 125 degrees? ...