A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Newbie .07/cent line.. .Good start? - sunshine

Posted: Mar 05, 2011

Just got hired! Waiting for some response... is .07/cents line worthy starting pay??

CPL - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
That is pretty average and yes it is pretty good for a newbie starting.

Thank you!! - sunshine

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for replying! I'm just HAPPY I finally got a job!!!

Similar Messages:

.03¢ A Line VR Editing
Sep 29, 2010

Was just trying for a job with a company, sent my resume, asked me what hours I was looking for, how much experience I had and then dropped the bomb that they only pay 3¢ a line for VR editing.  Is there anyone out there making a decent wage doing editing for so little?  ...

Legality? This 1 Cent Per Line QA Punishment
Aug 21, 2014

Has anyone reported MModal (or Nuance, I think Nuance does it too) to the Department of Labor for this QA crap?  I only make 0.04 and they're taking 0.03 !?  I don't think so.  I am so angry.  Responses appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Possible 3 Cent A Line Paycut But WHOA I Get AHDI And
Mar 02, 2010

After sleeping on this.  I am so mad that my hands are shaking.  I have WONDERFUL reference material of my own - printed, online and software.  What are they GIVING me?  So to those of us who have a certain client who is KNOWN for poor audio CONSTANTLY, popping, hissing, squealing, fading in and out -- not to mention the over abundance of ESL dictators who not only cannot speak English but eat, yawn and whistle while they are dictating -- we have been told for all ...

My Thoughts Regarding A Company Paying 6 Cent Per Line For Transcription.
Oct 20, 2010

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Wages were more than that 15 years ago!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Tee hee hee hee hee.  You just might get a newbie but you certainly will not keep them long!!!! Oh, ho ho ho ho.  HA HA HA HA!  Why don't you hire a brain surgeon for $30,000 a year?  He he he he he.  Above minimum wage; he should be impressed.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wait - there is more.  Hohohohoho, hahahahahahahahahaha.  I ju ...

Pay .07 Per Line To Start
Nov 02, 2009

I've never been paid by the line.  I have over 10 years radiology experience, and this company wants to hire me with radiology experience at .07 per line "to start".....is this decent pay?  I'd have to type at least 1500 lines a day to make decent money.  Is that a lot of lines to do in a day?  Med Trans?  Ever heard of it? ...

Company Uses Smartype And Wants To Start Me At 0.05/line
Oct 28, 2012

I am looking for extra cash but am I signing my soul over for this much or is smartype really that productive????? ...

.08/line As An IC. Is This As Good As It Gets?
Mar 01, 2010

nm ...

VR Line Count - Is This Good? Please Help!
Jan 06, 2011

Below is a response when asked to clarify compensation from a prospective employer.   As an "old school" MT, I am unsure as to how to interpret this.  I've always been paid by th hour. I need to make a decision.  Thanks in advance - .09 to .o93 cpl per line for traditional typing and editing lines being 1.5 lines = 1 traditional line.  The range depends upon your quarterly quality score.  So many years experience should be way up there in quality, huge benefi ...

What A 65 VBC Line Rate? Is This Good Or Bad?
Nov 15, 2012

I have never heard of this before. Can someone explain this? Is this different than just a plain 65-character line? Thanks. ...

So Much Hoo-ha And Babbling. Why Not Just Pay Us A Good Line Sm
Dec 11, 2012

rate, minus all of these unattainable "bonus" extras, and keep good MTs, and keep morale up instead of DECREASING our line counts and laying out bonuses that "maybe" 2% of the MTs will even qualify for. And did you meet the leadership team in the beginning? A lot of high paying, unncessary positions who keep OUR pay rates down - so they can make the big bucks. Disgusting. ...

What Is A Good Daily Line Count For RAD MT?
Sep 09, 2011

I have always been paid by report.  What is a good line count per day (8-hour shift) for a good radiology MT? Thanks for any help.   ...

Good Line Count Per Day For Decent Cpl.
Nov 07, 2011

Just wondering what a good line count per day would be to make decent CPL for a decent paycheck.  (on VR)  Currently getting paid by the house, but SOON to switch to CPL. ...

ACCENTUS--VBC? Or Just Really Good Line Rates?
Apr 04, 2012

Is Accentus still just paying for visible black characters and no spaces?  I see that their recent ad mentions line rates, but doesn't state anything about spaces.. ...

What's A Good Line Rate For A Newbie?
Jun 21, 2014

What's a good line rate for a newbie? Just got out of school and applying for jobs.  I want to make sure I don't sell myself short, but yet not ask for too much. Help! Lol   ...

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

Gout S/l Cry Es Cent
May 28, 2010

Under assessment, gout s/l cry es cent.  ...

Don't Be Shy, How Many Took At Least 1 Cent Base Pay Cut
Jun 15, 2012

After becoming Nuance employee? I'm curious if any 9-centers (and up) got to keep their pay after mergers. ...

1/2 Cent Per Word
Oct 28, 2012

Does anyone know what a 1/2 cent per word would come out to be from transcribing, say, like a 20-page document?  I just saw a company advertised on Indeed.com and it said 1/2 cent per word.  I am like, What? ...

Schooling - Good On-line Course For Coding/billing?
Apr 20, 2010

Is there a good on-line course for coding/billing?  I don't think M-Tec has a program, a program that is well known to the industry and grads that are well prepared.  Thanks. ...

Are You SpeechMotion Users Still Getting Good Line Counts
Sep 04, 2013

x ...

Is $0.90/audio Minute A Good Rate? Always Worked Per Line So Not Sure.
Aug 02, 2013

NM ...

Why Would We Write An Essay Praising A 3 Cent Cut
Mar 24, 2010

in pay for not guessing for a blank? What are they thinking?!?! ...

Question About Zillionth Of A Cent Increase ? Sm
Apr 13, 2010

remember email few weeks back with our so-called "increase" in line rate.  mine was an magnificent 0.001 per line but didn't show up in last paycheck.   Was this error/missed or did they decide we weren't worthy of that huge amount of money either.   ohhhh my aching head .... ...

Regarding: • Re: INSCRIBE - BooBear
Feb 20, 2013

I can't post a public reply on that thread.  The only option is "reply by email." Is it just me or is that normal for the company board?  I don't want to send an email.  What is up?  ...

Good Line Count Software Form MS Word 2000
Oct 31, 2009

Does anyone know of a good line count software form MS Word 2000 that you can count multiple files with? ...

My Start Menu Is Sideways And My Desk Top Is Sieways As Well And The Start Menu Is In The Upper Righ
Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it? ...

I'm Tired Of Being "graded" Every Week. As Long As I'm Producing Good Line Count
Oct 11, 2012

No message. ...

Good Line Counting/word Counting Program
Nov 12, 2010

I think I may have seen this discussed on here before but I can't seem to find the posts. I am looking for a good line counting/word counting program. TIA for any and all suggestions! ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...