A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

.08/line as an IC. Is this as good as it gets? - mtv

Posted: Mar 01, 2010

nm

No - kind of low - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
for an IC unless you're a doing some kind of subcontracting for another MTSO. I make 11-13 cpl as an IC working for my own clients. The variance depends on the whether the paper is supplied or not. Good Luck

MTs are now getting so desperate for work that.....sm - oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]
they will work for crumbs, thus shooting themselves and all other MTs in the foot. Subtract at least 20% from your line pay if you are an IC, and if you work a set schedule, shame on you, you are NOT an IC in any sense of the term.

No, that's low. It's equivalent to about 6 cpl as an emp w/ benes. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I only get 7 - count yer blessings

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is as good as it gets these days. Those that have their own clients get more, but I am not able to get my own clients, so low pay it is.

7 as an IC? That's - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
equivalent to 5 as an employee with benes. If you look at the job boards and ask around, the average is about 8 as an employee, so you're being way underpaid unless maybe you're a newbie.

nope.. not a newbie - count yer blessings

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been doing this for over 15 years now.

I get 7 cpl for clinic and 8.5 for acute care as an IC.

Yes, I believe I am being underpaid but I need a job, and there is nothing out there.

you must not be watching ads; many recent - IC job postings offer 7 or less.

[ In Reply To ..]
The only ads I've seen paying that low are by TTD. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I make 7 cpl with one company and 8 cpl with another - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been at this for 9 years. My days are generally 14-16 hours long just to make a decent paycheck.

I make 10 cpl as an IC. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Where? - Lolly

[ In Reply To ..]
Where please?

8 cents - gintex

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, 8 cents is a drag!I worked for a wonderful small company for 8-10 years and was making 11 cents two years ago; unfortunately their main account went the way of a national company and so I left. PLUS I have over 20 years exp. But it is a job!

So, you are settling for 6 cents a line? Do you....sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
also have to adhere to a schedule? What would you say are the benefits to your current arrangement?

It sure beats 4.8 cpl with Transcend and having to retype every single report - its okay

[ In Reply To ..]
that crappy VR machine messes up. The only ones making money are the cherry picking team leads and the shirts. This place has really gone down hill to be a low class operation.

Similar Messages:

VR Line Count - Is This Good? Please Help!
Jan 06, 2011

Below is a response when asked to clarify compensation from a prospective employer.   As an "old school" MT, I am unsure as to how to interpret this.  I've always been paid by th hour. I need to make a decision.  Thanks in advance - .09 to .o93 cpl per line for traditional typing and editing lines being 1.5 lines = 1 traditional line.  The range depends upon your quarterly quality score.  So many years experience should be way up there in quality, huge benefi ...

What A 65 VBC Line Rate? Is This Good Or Bad?
Nov 15, 2012

I have never heard of this before. Can someone explain this? Is this different than just a plain 65-character line? Thanks. ...

So Much Hoo-ha And Babbling. Why Not Just Pay Us A Good Line Sm
Dec 11, 2012

rate, minus all of these unattainable "bonus" extras, and keep good MTs, and keep morale up instead of DECREASING our line counts and laying out bonuses that "maybe" 2% of the MTs will even qualify for. And did you meet the leadership team in the beginning? A lot of high paying, unncessary positions who keep OUR pay rates down - so they can make the big bucks. Disgusting. ...

What Is A Good Daily Line Count For RAD MT?
Sep 09, 2011

I have always been paid by report.  What is a good line count per day (8-hour shift) for a good radiology MT? Thanks for any help.   ...

Good Line Count Per Day For Decent Cpl.
Nov 07, 2011

Just wondering what a good line count per day would be to make decent CPL for a decent paycheck.  (on VR)  Currently getting paid by the house, but SOON to switch to CPL. ...

ACCENTUS--VBC? Or Just Really Good Line Rates?
Apr 04, 2012

Is Accentus still just paying for visible black characters and no spaces?  I see that their recent ad mentions line rates, but doesn't state anything about spaces.. ...

What's A Good Line Rate For A Newbie?
Jun 21, 2014

What's a good line rate for a newbie? Just got out of school and applying for jobs.  I want to make sure I don't sell myself short, but yet not ask for too much. Help! Lol   ...

Schooling - Good On-line Course For Coding/billing?
Apr 20, 2010

Is there a good on-line course for coding/billing?  I don't think M-Tec has a program, a program that is well known to the industry and grads that are well prepared.  Thanks. ...

Newbie .07/cent Line.. .Good Start?
Mar 05, 2011

Just got hired! Waiting for some response... is .07/cents line worthy starting pay?? ...

Are You SpeechMotion Users Still Getting Good Line Counts
Sep 04, 2013

x ...

Is $0.90/audio Minute A Good Rate? Always Worked Per Line So Not Sure.
Aug 02, 2013

NM ...

Good Line Count Software Form MS Word 2000
Oct 31, 2009

Does anyone know of a good line count software form MS Word 2000 that you can count multiple files with? ...

I'm Tired Of Being "graded" Every Week. As Long As I'm Producing Good Line Count
Oct 11, 2012

No message. ...

Good Line Counting/word Counting Program
Nov 12, 2010

I think I may have seen this discussed on here before but I can't seem to find the posts. I am looking for a good line counting/word counting program. TIA for any and all suggestions! ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Okay, If You Were Making .04/line With VR But Offered 08/line With Transcription . . . Unlimited Amt
Apr 22, 2010

I do have some benefits with the VR job, but not good enough to even take them on right now.  After 3 months I will start accruing PTO up to 12 days a year.  Is it worth it?  I was thinking having benefits would be really nice for once in the last 16 years, but now I am thinking it may not be worth the struggle to make a living on VR.  They said the platform for transcription is chartnet or chartscript?  What do you all think? ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

Line Counting Software - 65 Characters Per Line
Sep 29, 2010

I need help with a software line counting program.  Excel is acceptable, but I am not sure how to use that aspect.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is for 65 characters per line with no spaces.  Can't that be done in Microsoft Word as well? ...

Line Rate For 65 Printable Character Line
Jul 19, 2011

When a company states a line rate for  a "65 printable character line" does that mean they do not pay for spaces?    I saw an ad saying they pay the highest in the business, which was about 8.5 cents for 65 printable character line.  That to me says without spaces, as it is not a printable character, so that would be a horrible rate surely not one of the best in the business.  Wonder why there is no respect for our thumbs !!!!   ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

MTSOs - Why Anyone Would Do VR For 0.03 Per Line Or Straight Transcription For 0.07 Per Line
Mar 13, 2012

It's beyond me why anyone would do VR for 0.03 per line or straight transcription for 0.07 per line, even 0.08 stinks.  Are we all that desperate to let these companies get away with not paying a living wage?  It's outrageous.  As long as MTs send their resumes to these companies and apply for these positions, the longer it will take to bring us back to the pay level we deserve.   At this point, i'd rather starve then sell my soul to the devil. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...