A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Possible 3 cent a line paycut but WHOA I get AHDI and - REFERENCE MATERIAL.

Posted: Mar 02, 2010

After sleeping on this.  I am so mad that my hands are shaking. 

I have WONDERFUL reference material of my own - printed, online and software.  What are they GIVING me? 

So to those of us who have a certain client who is KNOWN for poor audio CONSTANTLY, popping, hissing, squealing, fading in and out -- not to mention the over abundance of ESL dictators who not only cannot speak English but eat, yawn and whistle while they are dictating -- we have been told for all our troubles for trying to complete these reports that we are going to be rewarded with a PAYCUT?  Oh -- but it's okay because they are going to give us benchmark and AHDI membership - woweeee. 

I have been MT for years and years then QA, then at gunpoint forced to be MME and I have seen it all.  I know what we are facing.  I know what the MTs have been going through in my service.  It is a shame.  A SHAME. 

These con artists stole money out of our pay in the shadows before, now they will do it right out in the open. 

For those of you who have great clients, few ESL and clear dictators, you don't have a clue what this team has been through.  Not a clue.  I have stood up for so many MTs, defending them because our dictators are CRAP.  The audio is CRAP.  MQ and the client will do nothing about this situation and it has been going on for a long time.  So this is their solution? 

You get three lashes if you go over the limit.  It doesn't matter that the report had only 2 audible words out of 2000 seconds.  It doesn't matter.  So, I guess the MMEs, if we cannot understand all of your blanks, we get all of yours plus ours.  NICE . . . .

I THOUGHT I had seen it all from MQ.  But then again, that was long before Indian owners.  This is not acceptable. 

Yes, there are those out there who abuse the system, but in my service area, even the EXCELLENT MTs struggle hard with the clients that we have.  They are tough.  And now it is going to be tougher to make money with MQ.  You might as well go get a minimum wage job. 

I am not excited about this at all.  Like I said if you have a great client with clear static free lines and clear dictators, MAYBE you don't have to worry, but even you will work with that whip hanging right over your back.  I have NEVER worked for a place doing transcription thay threatened you with a paycut if the dictators were GARBAGE. 

So, AHDI stands behind this practice of shortening one's pay even the MT has no other choice because of horrible dictation so much that they offer up free membership?  Hurting for members some AHDI?  Why don't you back up the MTs who pay you dues and pay for your joke of a certification?  Where are you demanding that we do not get punished.  Oh?  You are in bed with MQ THAT'S RIGHT!

AHDI should stand for ASSOCIATION for HEALTHCARE DOCUMENTATION in INDIA!  Where did "America" go in your name AHDI?  Holding too many foreign cheap labor hands are ya?

What happened to the good old days of firing those who are not doing their jobs and rewarding the ones that are? 

MOST IMPORTANT -- Where in this whole scheme is there a reward program?  Bust your rump, but not to make a bonus, just to make sure your pay doesn't get cut. 

GREAT PROGRAM MQ!

I agree. What next? An email that they'll be paying us in gum? - violetsky

[ In Reply To ..]
You watch. That email is next. They'll tell us they're paying us in gum and expect us to be happy it has layers.

next we will owe MQ $$ just to work there - NE MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Because I am FT and carry the benefits I might end up getting a $0 paycheck and in fact owing MQ money at 1.5 cents a line. Pathetic!

good ol' days - Tweetie

[ In Reply To ..]
You said the most important thing to me in your 3rd from last paragraph - "what happened to firing those who are not doing their jobs and rewarding the ones that are?" That is what it is all about!!!!

The whole shebang will be in India one day. - ADHI will cease to exist.

[ In Reply To ..]
The CEOs in America medical transcriptin industry soon will be replaced along with every level of management by Indians who want half the pay or less. Why would businessmen in Bangalore not want to own all of it if he could? It is a great investment. The entire industry is being suck out of the US. We can thank the AAMT for this.

I hope India sucks AHDI right out of the country, along - with our jobs. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
(And they can suck something else, too.)

Similar Messages:

Whoa Whoa Whoa, Enough With The RadMT Bashing Already
Jul 12, 2011

75 cents to a dollar may be good for BEGINNING RadMTs, but it is hardly fair for a RadMT who has been doing it for 10 years or more!  When they offer an acute care MT 5 or 6 cents a line, people lose their minds!  Actually, I have seen mobs lose their minds when offered 7 or 8 cents!  So why should we settle?  $1.20 is hardly fair when you have been making more than $1.50!  Literally, some of us lost thousands of dollars a year!  Personally I started out makin ...

WHOA - How Come When I Type 1 Letter On The Subject Line Of My Company Email, ANYTHING I Posted On M
May 18, 2012

Went to reply to a company email and typed the letter "M" when a list of phrases i've used on here showed.    Some type of spyware????   ...

.03¢ A Line VR Editing
Sep 29, 2010

Was just trying for a job with a company, sent my resume, asked me what hours I was looking for, how much experience I had and then dropped the bomb that they only pay 3¢ a line for VR editing.  Is there anyone out there making a decent wage doing editing for so little?  ...

Legality? This 1 Cent Per Line QA Punishment
Aug 21, 2014

Has anyone reported MModal (or Nuance, I think Nuance does it too) to the Department of Labor for this QA crap?  I only make 0.04 and they're taking 0.03 !?  I don't think so.  I am so angry.  Responses appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Newbie .07/cent Line.. .Good Start?
Mar 05, 2011

Just got hired! Waiting for some response... is .07/cents line worthy starting pay?? ...

My Thoughts Regarding A Company Paying 6 Cent Per Line For Transcription.
Oct 20, 2010

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Wages were more than that 15 years ago!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Tee hee hee hee hee.  You just might get a newbie but you certainly will not keep them long!!!! Oh, ho ho ho ho.  HA HA HA HA!  Why don't you hire a brain surgeon for $30,000 a year?  He he he he he.  Above minimum wage; he should be impressed.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wait - there is more.  Hohohohoho, hahahahahahahahahaha.  I ju ...

WMX Paycut
Apr 28, 2011

does anyone know if you can file for unemployment in this situation? ...

Paycut
Jul 11, 2011

Would someone please explain what the new paycut is?  All this discussion but no one is saying exactly what they are cutting our pay for.  I haven't gotten the email either and I am in the north region.  ...

Whoa ... Did Any Of You Get That Email From The TSM
Jan 06, 2014

Mandatory night and weekend schedule changes, beginning immediately for every person on this BOB, but that this is currently becoming a company-wide requirement.  Calls for schedule changes are going out this week and everyone has been asked to begin getting prepared to make the switch and to have talks with families about the upcoming work schedule changes.  The fewer nights and weekends you currently work, the sooner you will be contacted about making the switch. Switches to other re ...

Keystbrokes Paycut--I Believe A Change Was Made
Feb 15, 2011

I could have sworn I saw in the KS newsletter a few months ago that they purchased Hudson/Chartnet. I'd say that's a MAJOR change! ...

Whoa, What Is Happening To The Company Board?
Jan 25, 2013

nm ...

Whoa ... The Work Is Totally WIPED OUT...
Jan 01, 2014

I checked the work load last night before bed to see if I would have much to do this morning.  There was a TON ... as in, every account in the western region looked backed up, not just my accounts.  I checked 5 minutes ago and there are less than 20 facilities with work.  I've noticed this exact same thing on other holidays too.  I honestly don't think the global employees could've knocked out that much work overnight.  I doubt it seriously.  What I ...

Webmedx,nuance Paycut On OLD VR PROGRAM Not Fair!
Dec 01, 2011

I have gone over my pay records over the past couple of years or so and my salary correspondence from this company with a qualified unemployment case worker. When I recently told her that now it appears they (wmx,nuance) are going to even cut my pay more the option I  have is to quit and then file an appeal. If the company were to try and fight me on ALL the cuts I have received in the near past I have everything to show the case worker to get the highest benefits ...

Gout S/l Cry Es Cent
May 28, 2010

Under assessment, gout s/l cry es cent.  ...

Don't Be Shy, How Many Took At Least 1 Cent Base Pay Cut
Jun 15, 2012

After becoming Nuance employee? I'm curious if any 9-centers (and up) got to keep their pay after mergers. ...

1/2 Cent Per Word
Oct 28, 2012

Does anyone know what a 1/2 cent per word would come out to be from transcribing, say, like a 20-page document?  I just saw a company advertised on Indeed.com and it said 1/2 cent per word.  I am like, What? ...

Why Would We Write An Essay Praising A 3 Cent Cut
Mar 24, 2010

in pay for not guessing for a blank? What are they thinking?!?! ...

Question About Zillionth Of A Cent Increase ? Sm
Apr 13, 2010

remember email few weeks back with our so-called "increase" in line rate.  mine was an magnificent 0.001 per line but didn't show up in last paycheck.   Was this error/missed or did they decide we weren't worthy of that huge amount of money either.   ohhhh my aching head .... ...

Regarding: • Re: INSCRIBE - BooBear
Feb 20, 2013

I can't post a public reply on that thread.  The only option is "reply by email." Is it just me or is that normal for the company board?  I don't want to send an email.  What is up?  ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

AHDI BOS
Dec 04, 2010

What is the most recent AHDI BOS?  Is it the 3rd edition?  What has changed from the 2nd to the 3rd edition.  When will a new edition come out and will it be AHDI? Thanks in advance, Barb ...

What I Want From AHDI
Jun 14, 2012

People ask me what I want from AHDI or if it's worth being a member. I am a member. I ask myself why I still pay my membership dues and what I hope to get in return for that money. That's a tough question. Years ago I learned from their journal. I met lots of great people at conventions and seminars. Then the journal and web site started being more promotional instead of educational or professional. There was always something new that was going to change our lives if we would just sig ...

Thank You AHDI
Sep 10, 2013

MMODAL for taking my profession of being a skilled worker making a living rate, and turning it into a menial, pull them off the street, minimum wage worker. We are the new gutter rats. I have no good will toward this company any longer, and as for AHDI (only a fool joins them), I think you know what you can do, ditto MM. ...

AHDI BOS 3
Oct 10, 2014

I recently began a new position where they adhere to the AHDI Book of Style 3 guidelines.  Obviously, not having used this version before I was not aware one of the wonderful changes AHDI has made.  I understand AHDI exists to set the standards as one of their main objectives.  I also was under the assumption that AHDI had been made up primarily of MTs (at least that is who made them to start with) and has grown to include MTSOs.  What I find so infuriating and baffling at t ...

Here Is My Correspondence With AHDI
Mar 03, 2010

I got this note from a guy named Doggett in response to a note I sent to ADHI about throwing roadblocks in front of MTs to getting work and earning a decent living: "On March 24, AHDI members and staff will go to Capitol Hill to speak with their federal legislators, key members of the House and Senate, and administrative agency officials about the critical need for “meaningful use” and EHR certification regulations to recognize how medical transcriptionists work hard to ensure the a ...

AHDI Membership
Apr 19, 2010

Can anyone help me register for the AHDI membership.  I haven't done this yet and can't figure it out.  I'm so confused.  When I go to the web page and try to register it keeps wanting me to pay $135.  Isn't this supposed to be free now with MQ? ...

AHDI An Advocate?
May 24, 2010

I went to the AHDI web site to see if they might actually be an advocate for transcriptionists, who are always at the bottom of the ladder in most companies.  We are the worker bees and there all the queens, who reign supreme.  Imagine my surprise when at the top of the screen, there is a banner for Transcend, advertising that "they are always looking"   ... How can an organization that espouses to care about transcriptionists advocate for a specific company ... I k ...

AHDI RENEWAL
Jul 11, 2010

??  Is it worth it?  At $135 I think they are getting a bit greedy......I'm just sending out feelers.  Money is tight and I just don't know if it is worth it at this point in time. ...

How Does Ahdi Want July 4th?
Aug 30, 2010

When a Dr is dictating about "July 4th" is it correct to say July 4th? or should it be transcribed as July Fourth? ...

AHDI And RMT Exam
Dec 05, 2010

I will be graduating from TTC's Medical Transcription class soon so I am now wondering if I should join AHDI and if I should take the RMT.  I have read the information on the AHDI site which of course points to the pros of both. But I have also read posts from seasoned MTs who have not joined AHDI and some of them say that taking the RMT (or CMT for that matter) carries very little, if any, weight when locating a job. I know if you join AHDI while in school you get a discount on member ...