A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Very unhappy - confused

Posted: Feb 28, 2013

I had worked for a company who was taken over by MModal.  I had been doing straight typing until this last Tuesday.  I had gone through the Fluency training etc.  I am not an English Major and if I was, I wouldn't be doing this.  However, today I get a phone call from my previous TCM and she informs me that they are sending me back to her.  I am not ignorant, they sent me back because QC thought they were getting too many errors from me, they were small, petty, minor errors.  I am just learning the system and everything else with it and they give me 2 days and I am gone.  I am so uphappy right now.  I have been in tears for 3 hours and can hardly work on my other accounts.  What do I do, somebody please help me. 

Well... - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
...not sure what you mean. Two days and you're gone from the company? Or gone from the newer TSM?

Anyway, if it makes you feel better, I cried enough times at this place to finally just get out of MT completely. Just got sooo tired of the threats about performance management for low line count. It's just way too much for me.

very unhappy - confused

[ In Reply To ..]
They had sent me to a new TSM and now I am back to my old TSM which is straight transcription. I can't get an email, a phone call from anyone except my old TSM. She just told me that they sent 2 of us back to her because there were too many on that account. I know that is bull because I have been typing on that account for 6 years. It had to be something else, my quality, etc

maybe it isn't that - and anyway

[ In Reply To ..]
wouldn't you rather be back with your old TSM and doing straight typing? we all would. So maybe it wasn't your quality but maybe they just needed you back at the other account.

if it was your quality they'd say so - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Don't assume it was something you did. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
If it was, they have to put you through a process - verbal warning, written warning, then termination.

Maybe your old TSM wants you back because fo your work.

confused - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I know other MTs who have been transferred to other TSMs, and it was exactly for that reason, too many MTs on the account and not enough MTs elsewhere. I wouldn't worry about it.

One of the companies that was taken over is - swamped with work. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
A big account was suddenly brought back from India due to major quality issues so it's possible they are sending you back because they actually need you back over there.

I would ask before I got too upset about it.

Very unhappy - Inquisitive

[ In Reply To ..]
Same thing here hun, i was hired by TCI, who sold ME to QMedET, so gave me three days, said i had errors and just locked me out of the system...i had four companies in a row not pay me, and I used to make .14 a line, now i'm lucky to make .06 and .02 editing. I dont know what we are all going to do but I am open for suggestions. I've been in transcription 28 years and had accounts 20+ years, I know i'm not inept. I'm trying to hang in here, but I cant take much more, been out of work 3 weeks now and cant find anything!

Sorry... that is horrible - try Nuance maybe

[ In Reply To ..]
They have an ad up and I know they pay more than 2 cpl to edit.

Don't try Nuance! - JessicaL

[ In Reply To ..]
The stress levels are almost unbearable!

Similar Messages:

Is Everyone Unhappy Being MT's?
Aug 23, 2010

I'm just about to finish my course with CareerStep and started looking at the boards here so I'm wondering.....is it really this bad?   Is everyone in the MT profession that unhappy?   I'm 50 years old and the company I'd worked at for many many years closed down due to the economy.  I thought this would be a good job that would let me work from home and my efforts would determine my pay....Am I completely wrong???? ...

I Can Cut It Very Well And Am Still Unhappy
Jun 01, 2013

I've been doing this over 40 years, working only 16 hours a week now and can cut it very well but am still not happy.  I have a skill and would like to continue to use it but am I supposed to be happy earning half of what I made 20 years ago?  Am I supposed to be happy with a policy of 5 unpaid days off a year after working 40 years?  Am I supposed to be happy being told I will never get a raise?  Am I supposed to be happy being held to a ridiculous standard of 99.5% acc ...

Unhappy
Nov 28, 2014

Had PTO saved up to take time off at X-mas but because of NJA yesterday and today, I have had to burn it.  Maddening.  Can never take a vacation because you have to save the time to cover the Thanksgiving and Christmas NJA.  As it stands now, I don't think I will have enough to cover the days I asked off at Christmas.  How incredibly sad that when there is no work for us that we get penalized by having to use our PTO to cover.  Happy holidays. Sometimes, I think it ...

Is Anyone Unhappy That MDI PT People Are
Nov 22, 2009

getting the same paycut for NO benefits (other than 401K) as FT people are for the full gamut of benefits?  That doesn't seem quite fair to me.  I understand the cut for FT with benefits, just not for PT withOUT benefits.  What exactly is the PT paycut FOR? ...

Unhappy Transcender
Feb 06, 2010

I just tallied up what I made this week - under $100.  Not bad for a 40-hour week would you say.  Had absolutely NO jobs available to me for 2 days.  I just cannot wait until some comes my way besides an unemplloyment check.  It is pretty pathetic when you make yourself available for your schedule and more and then you finally have to come to the conclusion the jobs just are not going to appear, as they have gone elsewhere.  I refuse to sit and look at an blank comp ...

If Dr So Unhappy With OS, Where Is It Talked About? TV?
Feb 01, 2011

their complaints, cause there are none. Most reports are going to go in a file, never to be seen again.  They dont want to pay top dollar for a piece of paper in a file when they can pay OS less for the same thing. ...

The Client Is Unhappy!
May 15, 2014

Thirty different accounts, all with confusing and convoluted CPs.  Follow the DQS, then the TSG, then AAMT, then DQS and throw in the JCAHO dangerous abbreviation list just for funsies.  Wait...  Maybe it's the AAMT, TSG, then BOS, only this client is using BOS3, so disregard the BOS2 unless it is Dr. Bobsmyknob who wants his verbatim, but only when he is at the outreach clinic.  And if the CP doesn't specifically say it, DON'T DO IT no matter what the DQS, AAM ...

The Client Is Unhappy
Nov 18, 2014

formatting not done correctly, errors abound.  Ya think? ...

Unhappy With New Pay System?
Jan 27, 2015

I just sent a note to my TSM, copied to the person above her, about my frustration and unhappiness with our new pay system.  I suggest that others do the same if they feel the same way.  I really wonder how many people are benefiting from the new pay and if others feel as incredibly stressed as I do.  ...

Oh No! Client Says They Are Unhappy With Quality!
Feb 20, 2015

I've been on this account for years and they are picky.  Before PODS, we would have multiple meetings for this account and only people familiar with the account would be able to go on it.  In fact, when we were constantly having TAT problems, my CSM at the time (the awesome one) emailed me asking what work types she thought would be easiest for "outsiders" to handle so she can have some help.   After PODS, this account is cleaned out constantly and, in looking through the Jo ...

If You Are Unhappy With Your Company And Pay, Contact CNN To Get Your Story Out
Nov 05, 2010

If you want to get the word out, start with CNN.  Below is a small part of an article about declining income in the United States.  They asked for people to give their stories.  Any Takers?  http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Washington-DC-posts-highest-cnnm-1741487299.html?x=0   Nationally, income dropped by 2.1% to $50,221 in 2009.  Accounting for some of that decline was shorter work weeks: The median time at the job fell by 36 minutes to 38.4 hours from 39. The ...