A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Never realized how bad cherrypicking is - Furious

Posted: Jan 14, 2014

Just the other day I was given better access to Fluency Manager.  I used to only see US work in my region.  Now, I can see it all.  Anyway, I saw a stat job in the backlog that was almost going late and with the low amount of work, it really should have been typed by then.  Out of curiosity, I checked the Job Audit on it through manager.  This job was discarded a total of 6 times by 3 different MTs.  Two of them did it once, and one did it 4 times.  These were all tier 3 MTs, so it shouldn't have been beyond any of their capabilities.  That job obviously went late.  After seeing this, I randomly started picking jobs that I would get that I knew were horrible dictators and looking them up.  50% of them were thrown back by MTs before me, some more than once.  Now, granted some of those MTs may have had emergencies or it was the end of their shift, but there were multiple instances where it was the same MT dumping multiple differents jobs within an hour, so they were obviously still working.  I was going to let my TSM know, but I hate being a narc, and from what I have heard, they easily know who does this anyway.  My question is, do they do anything about it?  

What I find ridiculous is that there are MTs who whine and complain about NJA or not getting their line counts, and then I see this happening, and I sure hope they're not the same people.  

Just do the job that comes to you.  Not only will you actually learn something and get better at doing your job and that particular dictator, but you have no right over any other MT to pick and choose your work.  I sincerely hope the cherrypickers get fired.  If you can't do this type of work, you shouldn't be doing it at all.

on THAT I narc,,,screw them we are supposed - to be a team

[ In Reply To ..]
and IF you narc then the TSM is forced to look,,From what I see they do very little work as it is, make them do something for a change

how do you "throw back" a job on Fluency? - abandon?

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Just wondering . . . - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Going to catch &*%$ for this comment, but here goes.
Why do YOU have access? Why worry about people abandoning jobs? I just stick my nose to the grindstone and type it. Those people eventually get their dues. I try to not worry about what others are doing (and trust me it is hard for me) and just worry about my work. There will ALWAYS be people that do this and for what ever reason they feel it is justified. Too mind boggling.

When you can tell one has been tossed back - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
i.e. partly done and gets really hard, I check..Why should I have to do it if they don't. And on the strange instance where say I lose a report (it happens) because of electric or internet going bonkers, I email the boss and let her know. TEAMs work TOGETHER..
Then aren't you the same as them? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Two wrongs (or more) do not make it right. I am telling you Karma will get them.
I do the report and narc them to the TSM - Have NEVER picked
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I can't help the electric flickering or my - internet problems
[ In Reply To ..]
I sign back on as soon as humanly possible, sometimes it is only a flicker and I lose the report..and usually it is after I have done a lot of work on it..I WANT it back, I don't stick anyone with anything.

OOPS - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Guess I did not worry enough about my work. HA. Meant to say, just worry about your own work product. Beginning of the work week and my brain and hands are not functioning at the same capacity. YIKES.
I dont abandon anything but you are darn right I log out - when i see something I dont like
[ In Reply To ..]
good time to take a break!
Wow - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
wow yourself I have kids and a mortgage. I cant afford not to - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
x
WE all have needs - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
find it very sad when you jack someone else to help yourself..You do find by struggling through those reports you actually learn..and the reason I narc is just that...attitudes like, I sign out on break cause I don't like the next report. Can't stand people like you thats just a sneakier way to cherry pick, unfortunately you will never get caught..But thanks for caring about your fellow MTs what goes around comes around
Well said sister/brother - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you.
I dont like straight typing jobs. But the next person might - i like the short notes most dont
[ In Reply To ..]
so how do you know i'm not helping someone else?
That is NOT your decision to make stop justifying - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
oh but you see, it is. thats why I do it - ;)
[ In Reply To ..]
and if you were smart you would too.
Like I say - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Your useless, what goes around comes around..If you can't do the job, go elsewhere
You are selfish - and
[ In Reply To ..]
despicable!
and I'm a trust fund baby - such fine coworkers
[ In Reply To ..]
again, what makes your mortgage more important than mine?
then do the same. nobody is stopping you. - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I will not - some of us are honest
[ In Reply To ..]
some of us have a work ethic. Some of us don't cheat. You wouldn't know what that's like though.
Not cheating. Survival of the fittest - ;)
[ In Reply To ..]
xyz
yes, cheating - wink or no wink
[ In Reply To ..]
it's cheating. You are a cheater.
somebody call the whammbulance - boo hoo
[ In Reply To ..]
x
hey you went to my high school didn't you? - I heard you never graduated nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Do you think the rest of us are here for the - atmosphere?
[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps you think we are just killing time until our next tennis lesson at the country club. Wake up! We all have people we need to feed, cloth and house!
no i thought you were here for the paycheck which is why - you should be doing it too
[ In Reply To ..]
x
yeah we love people like you - such fine coworkers
[ In Reply To ..]
what makes you so special?

Not cherry picking - Not furious like you

[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps you need to quit worrying about cherry picking and let the management take care of this. Taking time to look at a job audit takes a few minutes off the keyboard. I read your email here, I went into DQM and looked at a job audit on a few jobs where "I literally took 8 minute bathroom breaks, coffee breaks etc". It looks like cherry picking because there were jobs in my que, but instead of leaving them hanging, thus making them perhaps late, it is better to log off. Cherry picking is when one abandons or breaks a job. Stopping and signing out for a break is not cherry picking at all. There is nothing management can do unless they want to furnish potty chairs and portable coffee pots to stop us from taking a break, I was told to log out when I did not. Luckily I get my crappy jobs back. When I sign out I do not even look to see what is coming in, when I have to go, I go, but I come back to the same junk as you do. So know your differences, when one abandons and breaks a job they management does know it, the top managers get reports every AM of those 2 type jobs and believe me I have been in the higher up shoes, and they pay attention, but they cannot audit patrol because those of us who need a break, need a break and do it the correct way. Just sayin, I work nights so I had time to get on here an voice my opinion on this.

but when one person does it 3 times - I see a pattern

[ In Reply To ..]
that most definitely is cherry picking.

Let it go - anony

[ In Reply To ..]
Why waste all the time and energy worrying about everyone else? Just do your job. It will be a lot less stressful worrying about yourself than what you perceive others doing. Not everyone cherry picks. Some of us do the "crap" that others choose not to do for whatever reason. It is sometimes just easier to do it than complain about it. I have found reporting usually does not change the situation. I believe the "bosses" know who kicks back reports and let them do the worrying. That's what they get paid for.
No more rant from me.
exactly. When you become a TSM then you can worry about it - not your place
[ In Reply To ..]
x
they are stealing from you - you know that right?
[ In Reply To ..]
but you're okay with it?
no they are not stealing from me. How preposterous. - what is wrong with you
[ In Reply To ..]
x
what is wrong with me? - well
[ In Reply To ..]
this is absolutely the one thing I can't stand, that's all. People thinking they are so much more important that they can take all the easy work and leave the crap for me. That and managers who won't do anything about it. Your turn. What's wrong with you?
self preservation is human nature. you might want to try it - instead of complaining
[ In Reply To ..]
hate the game not the player
not complaining just telling you - you are a cheater
[ In Reply To ..]
and yes, I can indeed hate the player. I quit a job over this once.
cant get your way so take your toys and go home. - mature
[ In Reply To ..]
x
well we could keep arguing but what's the point? - like you are so mature ms cherrypicker
[ In Reply To ..]
I see it my way and you see it yours. I'll never convince you that what you are doing is wrong. If that's taking my toys and going home, so be it.

OMG STOP!! Why are you buying in?? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This is *OBVIOUSLY* someone who is TRYING to bait you into an argument, why on earth are you buying in? You guys sound like kids bickering in a kindergarten class, just stop buying in and this person will have NO REASON to keep trying to draw you into an argument. It happens on this board ALL THE TIME.

Sheesh ...

I dont sign out for bathroom breaks etc - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and I eat at my computer..No I don't have an iron bladder, I just want this torture over as fast as possible..but I still pull 200-250+ lines depending on how hard I work..I NEVER cherry pick and have no use for those that do..

I don't "cherry-pick" ever. I type whatever comes up, - whodat

[ In Reply To ..]
but I can deal with "cherry-pickers" better than I can deal with a snitch! My personal opinion. Okay, let the dislikes begin!!!!

girl you and me both! hate a goody 2 shoes snitch! - ;)

[ In Reply To ..]
x

you triflin - GMAB

[ In Reply To ..]
"I be hatin' on the snitches! bad grrls klub 4evah!"

So if you know a wrong has been committed, you are willing to cover it up to subvert justice?

The crime just hasn't happened to *you* yet...cause u too busy perpetratin.

U too skerred to do the hard jobs, so you jes be playin.
Whaaat? You speakin Engrish? ....no message - none
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
you trilin - GMAB - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You most definitely are an educated person who graduated from college because it takes skill to speak in that manner. Wish I could see your resume.

Children ... you're all just children - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

just a real sore subject with me - so be it nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I do occasionally throw a job back, BUT I KNOW - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
it will come back later, and usually I am better prepared for it then. I have never been able to completely avoid a job unless it was at the end of my shift and I was logging out at 5am.

On my shift there is usually only myself and 2 or 3 other people working, and I think I'm the only tier 3 so I'm stuck with all the bad (and good).

Cherrypicking is horrible and I can only hope all the MTs who get fired are the ones doing it.

Bad - Cherrypicking

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you on that. I transcribe/edit all jobs given to me, and it is true that you do learn how to do those difficult dictators eventually if you practice.

For instance, just the other day I received 7 lengthy jobs from a doctor who is ESL. I had to send the first 5 jobs to QA for help, but by the time I got through the 7th job, I could understand him better and now I can transcribe/edit this MD's reports with no problem. I am so proud of myself!

They know who does this, they get a report - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
How are you able to see any of this?

Cherry picking - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Since you have so much time on your hands during your shift to be the cherry-picking police patrol and watch who is or is not doing their reports that come to their queue in Fluency, just wanted to let you know I logged off for a 15 minute break so don't nark on me.

Similar Messages:

Cherrypicking
Apr 25, 2012

Should I be bothered with all the cherrypicking if admin isn't. Just leaves more work for me, right? Makes me more marketable?? Just tired of it and no one ever does anything about it. What do you do about cherrypicking? ...

Is There Cherrypicking Going On?
May 09, 2013

I will start my day in eBeyondText with list of jobs, many of them good. Only problem, I no sooner begin working, when the good jobs vanish, op reports and procedure notes, and then ESLs from heck pop up. One after the other. Could be the same guy.  I was told there was no way to cherrypick and, I mean, I would not know how if I wanted do, but what is going on?   Honestly, the good jobs just go poof, while the pieces of garbage stay and multiply.  ...

Cherrypicking!
Mar 31, 2014

I love it when I'm working and the job ID's keep going backwards, but only for the worst doctors on the account.  How does my TSM not notice this?  Of course, even if she did, I bet she'd only say, "Hey guys, remember, cherry picking is not allowed" and add in some clip art she found on the internet of a smiley faced cherry.  We are all in the same boat.  Type the flippin' jobs! ...

Cherrypicking In QC
May 28, 2015

I am thoroughly disgusted with the blatant cherrypicking going on in QC.  It has always happened, on a certain platform that makes it very easy to do, but never this bad.  The boss says evidence will be turned over to HR, but seems to be all talk as it continues unabated and those of us following the rules are getting the short end of the stick.  If they can't enforce the rules then they should just make it every man for themselves, survival of the fittest.   ...

What I Just Realized...
Jan 30, 2014

When the hospital I worked for in-house told me they were going with mm and there was a position with mm if I wanted it, they said at least I'd be guaranteed work. I sure needed that laugh today. <--laughing so hard I'm crying! ...

Has Anyone Else Realized That Since Our Pay Has Gone Down So Much.....
Mar 11, 2014

.... that when/if we retire, out Social Security benefits will be less than what we would be getting had we kept our previous salaries for x more years?  I just realized this and it REALLY sucks!  Just one more charge against them.... ...

You Know, I Just Realized Something....
Jun 09, 2014

I really do not like being a negative person, but just tonight I realized how this profession has changed me.   I used to be a happy, upbeat person and now I find myself becoming fatigued, negative and bitter.  It's like being in an unhappy marriage :(  I have no faith in companies doing the right thing anymore or treating people like they are people and rewarding people who are conscienous about their job with raises.  I don't like giving this profession this ...

Just Realized
Nov 12, 2014

30 years ago today.  I had my own office and my own set of doctors.  Everyone was so kind and helpful that day.  Fast forward 30 years and I feel like a total failure, making probably about as much as I did that day.  All of my non-MT friends have retired and have lake property.  Wow, I sure made a wrong turn! ...

Cherrypickers Are Getting Even Better At Their Cherrypicking!
Mar 12, 2015

...hope they live happily ever after with their cherrypicked pits. ...

Cherrypicking - A Fresh Post
Feb 13, 2010

I have worked for several small and mid-sized MTSOs and have an opinion about cherrypickers.  I will jumpstart things. I have been hired to start on a particular account or pod of accounts only to later be moved around a lot by the MTSO.  This has happened to me several times and I have ended up leaving because of being moved around.  It seemed to me that others were given easier work while I was being given harder work, and I didn't like feeling that way.  What I have ...

Cherrypicking Run Amok. As If This Job Weren't Bad Enough Already, They Have
Apr 02, 2015

(Used to be team leads) cream right off the top. Shame on Nuance for condoning this. My words for the team members doing it would only shame me and get me banned from the board. You know who you are, you've visited this board too.  ...

Just Realized What I Really Hate About ASR.
Jul 14, 2010

I was just chatting with someone about transcription and ASR (it's been about 3 months since we switched) and it came to me what my biggest problem with it is.  We have no control over it.  With regular transcription, we are only limited by the quality of the dictation the sound.  The harder we work at perfecting our typing skills and our system of word expansions, etc., the faster we can work.  I spent 3 years getting to where there are very few words longer then 4 lett ...

One Thing I Have Realized About ASR
Aug 09, 2012

My mind can wander and zone out because it's like listening to somebody read you the same story all day long!  When I actually had to think while typing--how to minimize my keystrokes for maximum output--it kept me more alert and "tuned in." ...

Is Cherrypicking Allowed At Your Company? Is This The Norm?
Aug 26, 2011

I have been with my company for many years and have liked the account I am on until the past 3 months.  Three months ago, they hired on 3 new MTs and now suddenly all the easy doctors disappear from the queue first, even if there are other reports out of TAT.  Warnings have been given by account manager, but only 2 days later, the cherrypickers are back at it.  I am now getting stuck with a majority of the harder docs that no one wants to do and have watched my pay ...

I Don't Believe It Is My Imagination Cherrypicking/bad Dictator Holiday Weekend
Apr 07, 2012

Look, we are a team here... and I thought we work together.  If we were working together riddle me this, why am I getting so many dictations today which are dictators who really really don't speak English at all and would need tons of blanks?  Seriously... is any one else experiencing this today?  Being Passover and Easter I understand the regular dictators are not on, and being the weekened, but can't we all share in the joy, and not have so many cherry picking? I fina ...

Wow! Just Realized I Work For Ebenezer Scrooge!
Dec 03, 2014

We might as well laugh instead of crying as we send out our resume ...

I Have Realized The Truth Of The MT Industry Situation
Jun 06, 2015

I've been coming here for years. For many years it was only the poorly trained MTs who complained about not doing well. Anyone who had good training and good skills, sometimes learned on the job, which isn't practical now, but good skills at any rate, did well. The times have changed. While I used to categorize the complainers as neer-do-wells because they lacked ambition, accuracy, and training, that just isn't the case anymore. The employers have beat MTs down so that they can ...

I Started To Apply At M*Modal Then Realized It Was MQ. I Escaped From There 2 Yrs Ago.nm
Sep 23, 2012

I Looked At My Count Thus Far For "incentive" Weekend And Realized
Mar 07, 2011

My lph doing ASR is the same as my lph for straight typing!! - I'm not a fast typist anymore - hands a bit stiff at my old age. I've tried everything, including only using the keyboard and no mouse. Just too much stopping and starting - at least 3 times a line. And if it's a correction, extra time needed to highlight and type over. It felt so good to get a couple typing jobs as I had some continuity going - none of this herky jerky of stop-start-stop....... I've got my res ...