A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

cherrypicking - oldmt

Posted: Apr 25, 2012

Should I be bothered with all the cherrypicking if admin isn't. Just leaves more

work for me, right? Makes me more marketable?? Just tired of it and no one ever does anything about it. What do you do about cherrypicking?

In my experience, management - is not concerned with cherrypicking

[ In Reply To ..]
As long as the work gets done, they don't care who does it. One of my managers told me that 20% of the MTs do 80% of the work anyway.

Mgmt does not care. I had proof, over many months, of it happening. - LeavingLostWages

[ In Reply To ..]
Manager did not care, never did a single thing about it. It got to the point where I didn't even want to work the same shift with this person, so I started taking vacation days during the biggest crunch times when I could have easily taken them some other day when things were less busy. I don't know how she can live with herself. It's one of several reasons why I am getting out of the biz.

If I say something to my boss about cherrypicking, I know they would get rid of me. - mindee

[ In Reply To ..]
They are more concerned about the high producing MTs (cherrypickers) than people who have been there for more than 2 decades even though they are good workers.

Similar Messages:

Is There Cherrypicking Going On?
May 09, 2013

I will start my day in eBeyondText with list of jobs, many of them good. Only problem, I no sooner begin working, when the good jobs vanish, op reports and procedure notes, and then ESLs from heck pop up. One after the other. Could be the same guy.  I was told there was no way to cherrypick and, I mean, I would not know how if I wanted do, but what is going on?   Honestly, the good jobs just go poof, while the pieces of garbage stay and multiply.  ...

Cherrypicking!
Mar 31, 2014

I love it when I'm working and the job ID's keep going backwards, but only for the worst doctors on the account.  How does my TSM not notice this?  Of course, even if she did, I bet she'd only say, "Hey guys, remember, cherry picking is not allowed" and add in some clip art she found on the internet of a smiley faced cherry.  We are all in the same boat.  Type the flippin' jobs! ...

Cherrypicking In QC
May 28, 2015

I am thoroughly disgusted with the blatant cherrypicking going on in QC.  It has always happened, on a certain platform that makes it very easy to do, but never this bad.  The boss says evidence will be turned over to HR, but seems to be all talk as it continues unabated and those of us following the rules are getting the short end of the stick.  If they can't enforce the rules then they should just make it every man for themselves, survival of the fittest.   ...

Never Realized How Bad Cherrypicking Is
Jan 14, 2014

Just the other day I was given better access to Fluency Manager.  I used to only see US work in my region.  Now, I can see it all.  Anyway, I saw a stat job in the backlog that was almost going late and with the low amount of work, it really should have been typed by then.  Out of curiosity, I checked the Job Audit on it through manager.  This job was discarded a total of 6 times by 3 different MTs.  Two of them did it once, and one did it 4 times.  These were ...

Cherrypickers Are Getting Even Better At Their Cherrypicking!
Mar 12, 2015

...hope they live happily ever after with their cherrypicked pits. ...

Cherrypicking - A Fresh Post
Feb 13, 2010

I have worked for several small and mid-sized MTSOs and have an opinion about cherrypickers.  I will jumpstart things. I have been hired to start on a particular account or pod of accounts only to later be moved around a lot by the MTSO.  This has happened to me several times and I have ended up leaving because of being moved around.  It seemed to me that others were given easier work while I was being given harder work, and I didn't like feeling that way.  What I have ...

Cherrypicking Run Amok. As If This Job Weren't Bad Enough Already, They Have
Apr 02, 2015

(Used to be team leads) cream right off the top. Shame on Nuance for condoning this. My words for the team members doing it would only shame me and get me banned from the board. You know who you are, you've visited this board too.  ...

Is Cherrypicking Allowed At Your Company? Is This The Norm?
Aug 26, 2011

I have been with my company for many years and have liked the account I am on until the past 3 months.  Three months ago, they hired on 3 new MTs and now suddenly all the easy doctors disappear from the queue first, even if there are other reports out of TAT.  Warnings have been given by account manager, but only 2 days later, the cherrypickers are back at it.  I am now getting stuck with a majority of the harder docs that no one wants to do and have watched my pay ...

I Don't Believe It Is My Imagination Cherrypicking/bad Dictator Holiday Weekend
Apr 07, 2012

Look, we are a team here... and I thought we work together.  If we were working together riddle me this, why am I getting so many dictations today which are dictators who really really don't speak English at all and would need tons of blanks?  Seriously... is any one else experiencing this today?  Being Passover and Easter I understand the regular dictators are not on, and being the weekened, but can't we all share in the joy, and not have so many cherry picking? I fina ...