A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MMMModal's ad from Monster. Check it out. Their claim of Respect makes me- - GAG

Posted: Feb 05, 2012

Medical Transcriptionist

About the Job

We invite you to join the most talented and knowledgeable workforce in the business by introducing M*Modal, the new brand of our industry-leading technology organization. Together, the combination of our collective organizations – MedQuist, Spheris, CBay, M*Modal, Poiesis and others – will enhance the power of clinical documentation to improve patient care.

M*Modal is currently seeking medical transcriptionists to embark on a world class career path with a dynamic organization of healthcare professionals. In our convenient home-office based positions, you will document patient care and facilitate the delivery of healthcare services for M*Modal’s client base of over 1,500 customers.

To ensure your success, we offer a dependable work volume, full time and part time positions, and 24/7 technical support.

·         Earn a $500 Sign On Bonus for Full-Time Acute Care (Tier 2 or Tier 3) Medical Transcriptionist working between 12pm and 3am in your respective time zone!

At M*Modal We Are Committed to:

Ø  Respect:   We treat each other and our customers with respect, valuing individual and cultural differences and approaches to work.

Ø  Teamwork:   We strive to create an environment in which everyone has a chance to showcase their individual talents. We build better relationships and produce greater results for our customers when we work together as a team. Our goal is to empower our people to work smarter and more effectively.

Ø  Customer Focus:   We always seek ways to enhance the client experience and provide services that streamline workflow and enhance patient care.

Ø  Integrity:   We conduct ourselves ethically. We tell the truth and honor our commitments.

Ø  Accountability:  M*Modal employees act as entrepreneurs, accepting the responsibility for their work and their actions, allowing us to produce the best product for our customers

M*Modal Benefits Plan 

M*Modal offers a broad range of valuable benefits for employees and their eligible dependents, which add to the total compensation package. The company provides many of these benefits at no cost to eligible employees. M*Modal also contributes a substantial portion toward other benefits, such as the medical and dental plans

mmdoal ad - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
The whole thing makes me GAG! someone ought to sue them for false advertising.

HUH!!!?? - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
Yaaacckkkk..... that's the sound of me throwing up on my keyboard. Gee, I really do miss being an MT some days, I wonder who this wonderful new company is, I wanna apply - NOT! The ad has hints of the one the MQ used to use to on mtjobs, and towards the end it made me nearly gag when I'd see it. It sounded so good, and was also partially the reason I didn't even bother looking in the MTSO field when I knew I had to move one... I mean if Q sounded good maybe those other "good-sounding" companies were as bad or worse. False advertising indeed!!!

Mmodal and MQ - Dee

[ In Reply To ..]
M-Modal and MQ merged, so it is their add. Are they that bad to work for? I just applied to M-Modal and tested and they said they would be getting back to me within "several weeks". I have 14-years experience, all at the same hospital and my current job is going overseas.... they outsourced my job and now somebody in India is typing my accounts!! Its a crime. Not to mention all of our medical information is going to another country. Why is that okay.... HIPPA does not cover informaton leaving our country... so who made it okay to do that. Now I need a job. I'm broke, someone in India is typing my reports.... I have no unemployment because I am an independent contractor.... I was paying self employment taxes to our government... Now our government cannot collect taxes from the Indians...And I am so broke that I not be spending $$ to add to our economy. India is getting richer and we are getting poorer! How is this okay.. Help~I need to find a job....

You do know that MModal/MQ ships the bulk of - their work to India, right?

[ In Reply To ..]
Like 80%....

run far, run fast - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
After 2 pay cust, loss of bonuses, over less than a year after them acquiring the company I had been with, I logged on to work one morning to find my account of 10 years gone. I blamed India at the time, but after doing some research found out it had gone to EPIC, the "point and click" software where a patient's medical record is assembled like a fast food burger. I quit the next day as I had had a standing job offer elsewhere in another field. Very sad ending to a career I loved! So my advice would be to "read and heed." However, if you just want something to do, don't mind making less and less each month then give them a try!

Guess I better check out the benefits again. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
Guess they have changed benefits with the brand name change. Oh, but the benefits are to eligible employees only. I doubt being an MT is high enough on the ladder to be eligible.

I do feel disrespected because of the pay cut to do work that takes longer to do.

Hours - Silly Sue

[ In Reply To ..]
Work between 12 p.m. and 3 a.m. in your respective time zones. 3 hours a day? So those of us wondering where the work has gone can figure out where it went.

Silly sue - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
12 p.m. is noon.

12 a.m. is midnite.

Hours - Silly Sue - ddindenver

[ In Reply To ..]
Um, that would be 12 p.m., as in NOON to 3 a.m. 12 a.m. would be midnight. So, I think that's 15 hours.

Respect cultural differences? WTH? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
no mesg

Similar Messages:

Do I Have To Claim My Last PTO Check On UE?
Apr 21, 2013

I was laid off a few weeks ago and got my PTO check this week-end. Do I have to claim that on UE? ...

MMMModal Vs Modess
Feb 01, 2012

Okay, I'm old.  When I was a kid, there were two brands of sanitary napkins - Kotex and Modess.  Every time I see Mmodal that's what I think of. ;o)) ...

MMMModal, The Company For The Speech Challenged
Jan 24, 2012

nm ...

According To Monster We're Doing It All Wrong
Jun 27, 2014

I got an email from Monster today that said what we are supposed to do is job hop, see? We stay with a company for about three years and then we go to another company where we can command a greater salary, see?  If we stay where we are we'll have to keep settling for these measly 3% raises (I'm laughing as I type this, haven't had a raise in many years), oh no, if we job hop, at the next company we can expect to start out at a much higher level than what we are making right n ...

Anyone Local To Valhalla, NY? Med Sec Job At WMC Via Monster.
Jun 09, 2013

. ...

IMedX Is The New Monster Company
Jan 08, 2014

They acquire smaller companies and then treat the acquired ICs like dirt.  ...

They Are Never Going To Respect Us...
Dec 10, 2013

because they see us all as insignifcant females, just a bunch of housewives trying to make a little extra pocket money and not career-minded professionals. Hence, the low pay and poor treatment.  I've been with MM for a few years now since they bought my company, and I can't believe how horribly this company treats its employees.  It is because they see us as insignificant little worker ants who exist only to serve them.  This is never going to improve because MT has tur ...

Looks Like Frankenstein's Monster Is Back To Life,...we Shall See
May 21, 2010

x ...

It's A Real Shame That These Big, Bad Monster MTSOs-
Feb 26, 2015

have to offer sign-on incentives to get MTs to apply for work. Obviously they aren't real up on what is being said on these boards about their company and could care less as long as clients are lining their pocket with the money. As long as we work for slave wages nothing is going to change. I am in the same boat as a lot of the MTs, barely getting by. I just had to say... this is my 2 cents worth ...

Respect For ARNPs And The Like
Apr 23, 2011

I have a really hard time respecting some of these dictators when they say things like "no congenial abnormalities" meaning congenital.  And stumbling around before finally spelling words that a 4th grader could pronounce.  When I go to the doctor, living very rural, oftentimes it will be the NPs or PAs who examine you and render a diagnosis.  I realize there are good ones and bad ones, but if the threshold for getting their degrees is so low that they can regularly make these di ...

With All Due Respect To The MT Community...
May 28, 2012

If any of you knew me in person you would know it is not in my nature to whine. But I am going to DO SO HERE... My wife is the MT in our family not me. Last Thursday the laptop she uses for work died. It was an old AcerVista laptop. So what is a person who makes a living on a computer do when the one he or she uses dies?? Common sense is you go get a new one right??  These companys you folks work for could not be more firmly entrenched in the tech world. Do these people realize just how d ...

It Would Be Nice To Get A Little Respect From
Jun 07, 2013

MTSO companies.  Being a long-time loyal employee/IC means nothing to most MTSO's.  I've worked for the same company for around 4 years, through ups and downs, feasts and famines, and the minute it gets a little busy, they hurry up and hire more MTs.  That proves to me that all they care about is making money for themselves and is just a slap in the face of the MT.  Maybe if you must hire new MTs for busy times, how about giving work first to your long-time MTs when ...

I Just Want Honest Answers And Respect
Aug 20, 2012

I am not asking for charity or a pity party but when there is no work or insufficient work to make quotas I would appreciate the company being honest about what is happening. Don't tell me the docs are all on vacation or it's summertime and no one goes to the doctor in the summertime!!!!!! And if I ask a question I would appreciate an answer and not being ignored. Thank you.  ...

Accentus - Companies Out There That Treat Their MTs With Respect?
Jul 13, 2012

Just had the most demoralizing experience of my 20 year medical transcriptionist career with this company. QA score of 99.4% and got "let go" because I wasn't doing a good enough job, and my line counts were just getting up to the required range. I am seriously considering changing careers because of this. Just wanted to find out if this is just me or are there others out there that had the same experience with this company? Are there any companies out there that treat their MTs with respec ...

Good Sites To Search For Coder Jobs Besides Monster And Careerbuilder?
Mar 07, 2012

Anybody know? ...

Coding Schools - Do Hospitals Respect Andrews?
Nov 17, 2011

I know Andrews is the school recommended for MT training, but is it equally recommended for coding school?  I'm looking into community colleges, etc., but wanted to check into online schools as well.  Do hospitals respect Andrews as much as they would a community college degree for coding? ...

Whatever Happened To The Days When You Could Respect Your Team Leads And Your Bosses?
Nov 12, 2010

No one "leads" anymore, they just direct traffic.  I can remember when the "leaders" used to help their employees so they could get a better line count, get through the hard dictators, or just do whatever was in their power to be encouraging.  Now it seems they just use their positions to grab the good jobs that have good dictators or normal dictations like the ops, collect their pay and act like you are a total burden if you need help.   I can assure you it is not encouragin ...

100% Successful With TAA Claim
Jun 21, 2010

I have read here that people would like to know when someone has been successful with a TAA claim. I have been 100% successful and am enrolled in school. I receive UI benefits. My school is 100% paid for. All of my books are paid for. I am given a supplies allowance per semester. I filed a claim, I was denied, I appealed, I won on appeal. The state of Colorado appealed again and their appeal was denied. There is a lot of paperwork to do, but that can only be filled out one sheet ...

Rather Than Claim 'it's Just Business'...
Sep 03, 2010

I'm wondering if those who claiim that this is 'just business' and it's how business is done everywhere can give a valid reason why it is more beneficial for the company to lay off without giving notice versus letting employees know they are getting laid off?  I'm trying to look at the employer perspective now and see what benefits the company by not announcing future lay-offs. ...

Does Anybody Remember The Claim
Aug 31, 2013

How in no more than 90 days, VR would be completely trained to put out perfect drafts?  What the happened to that?  I am going to throw that up to my TL, just for grins, every time they rake us over for critical errors, customer complaints and so on.  Yes, we are making the errors (or at least some of them) but with drafts getting worse, we are being set up! ...

If Income Is Less Than $600 As An IC Do You Have To Claim It On Your Taxes??? Nm
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

Workman's Compensation Claim
Jul 14, 2010

Anyone ever filed a claim against MQ?  I don't even know how to go about it? Any help ...

What Is The Limited Hours You Can Claim For UE SM
Jan 18, 2013

So far I am 7.5 hours short due to NJA.  I have some PTO time avaialble.  I want to put a claim in to get started, because the last time I filed in October 2011 they held myr first week, and I did not get that money and went without pay.  I cannot go without pay, so I want to get the ball rolling on the partial UE, then I can get checks and not have to use PTO or worry, since I make about min wage nowadays anyhow. Sorry if this is confusing. ...

Can You Claim Unemployment If You Quit One Company
Jan 28, 2010

nm ...

Is There A Way To Only Claim Part Of A Shift Posted
Apr 05, 2010

I thought the CCM said that we would be able to claim part of a shift; if someone posted an 8 hour shift, but I can only work 4 of those hours, I could claim it and someone else might be able to claim the other 4. If anyone knows, it would save me about a week or more of time waiting for a response. Thanks! ...

Where Is The Code To Claim This Wasted Time
Mar 19, 2012

I got no code. ...

Weekly Claim Questions For Partial UE
Jul 18, 2013

I just got off the phone with my state's UE office.  I was told that if I work more than 32 hours in a week, I will not receive partial UE for that week.  One of the questions asked when filing for a weekly claim by phone is:   During the week, did you miss work that was scheduled for you?  Answer "YES" if you did not work all of the hours that were available for you with your current employer.   If I "release" myself from work due to NJA, am I missing "work that ...

Can We File A Class Action Disability Claim
Mar 03, 2010

I am feeling a little shell-shocked.   ...

On Taxes, Does Anyone Claim The Home Office Deduction?
Mar 15, 2012

I'm doing my taxes on TurboTax and it says you can claim the home office deduction if you work at home for the "benefit of your employer, ie, if no office or desk is provided."  Does this apply to us ?  I'm worried about taking the deduction and getting audited or something.  I've never taken it in the past.  Wondering if it's even worth it for me if we indeed can take it (I don't own a home).  ...

To All MTs Who Claim To Make More Money Than Woman With BS Degrees.....
Jun 13, 2012

Those of you who claim to make TONS OF MONEY TYPING....  You are not straight typing MTs under regular circumstances IF I believe you...and I don't.   You probably work 7 days a week, all hours of the day like most MTs.  You DO NOT work a regular 8-hour day, 5 days a week and make that much money.  If that were true...there would be much more competition.  The only perk is being at home.  Period...End of story.  Stop trying to sell me your ocean front pro ...