A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Accentus - companies out there that treat their MTs with respect? - 4432me

Posted: Jul 13, 2012

Just had the most demoralizing experience of my 20 year medical transcriptionist career with this company. QA score of 99.4% and got "let go" because I wasn't doing a good enough job, and my line counts were just getting up to the required range. I am seriously considering changing careers because of this. Just wanted to find out if this is just me or are there others out there that had the same experience with this company? Are there any companies out there that treat their MTs with respect??

Accentus - CTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Same thing happened to me in January 2012 with the Ambulatory Division. Wonder where they are finding these robot MT that are doing 100% QA score and tons of lines (sarcasm)

Accentus - 4432me

[ In Reply To ..]
So glad to hear it is not just me, although I'm sorry to hear it happened to you, of course!!

Accentus - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so sorry this happened to you. I have been here about 8 months and have felt nit picked over every little thing as well, and feel demoralized also. Rare communication from QRS except when something is wrong, then often a blast e-mail to everyone on the account for the errors. Seriously, I am afraid to open my e-mail. The problem is, it seems all of the companies are like this now, where to jump to? Best wishes in finding a new job!

Accentus - 4432me

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry to hear about you too! Don't you think that if these companies are looking for 100% QA scores, they would change how they pay? If they want a totally perfect report, they need to pay an hourly wage, so we can proof the report three or four times.

QA Scores - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
AMEN to that...and expect you to spend 10 minutes per report looking up stuff...

Respect - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't run across any companies that treat MTs with respect lately. Sadly, I think those days are over.

No one can get 100% QA, it is impossible, especially with line count requirements. It does seem to be the direction all companies are headed though and yet at the same time their goal is to send it all offshore??? Those two things just do not compute.

I wish you luck in your search. I am at Nuance and I would give them the Gold Medal for treating their MTs with absolute disrespect.

Just out of curosity, was this for the - ambulatory division

[ In Reply To ..]
or the acute care? I work on the ambulatory side, and unless something has changed, 98% accuracy is what is required. I'm assuming if you work on that side of Accentus that QA is not why you were let go.

Accentus - 4432me

[ In Reply To ..]
It was acute care.

Were you let go over the line counts or over quality? - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was not meeting the required minimums in my first evaluation period, and I was put on a performance plan. On the flip side, I was running out of work and couldn't get a second account until I was up to the minimums. I accept that I could have hung around the computer longer to wait for work, but summers are busy for us with respect to my husband's company.

I'm just wondering if they are weeding people out who don't maintain hours as flexible as they would like - though with the complicated scheduling system, it's so much easier to stick to your shift than try to make anything up.

I'm not sure what my second evaluation period will bring, but it's definitely not just you.

Similar Messages:

When You Have Resigned From A Job, Did They Treat You Like You Were Nothing?
Mar 09, 2010

I was working at two companies.  One I was an employee and the other I am an IC.  I have a baby who is 4 months old, so the IC job is much better for me for now since I can work when I want and as how much as I want.  The company where I am an employee, I sent an email to my TeamLeader to let her know I had made the decision to resign and my reasons for doing so.  By the time I hit the send button, they had blocked my email and everything and did not send me an email to say s ...

SICK OF HOW BIG MTSOs Treat Their MTs!
Sep 10, 2013

I just have to vent that I am SO SICK of how rude and condescending larger MTSOs can be to their MTs!  Seriously!  I get that MTs make ridiculous mistakes sometimes and that can be so frustrating for them, but sometimes the MTSOs get it wrong - and I certainly don't see them apologizing when that happens!  Rude, condescending emails, or calling the MT out in front of a group of other MTs is just so horrible!  Making fun of MTs amongst eachother.  Emailing eachother ...

They Are Never Going To Respect Us...
Dec 10, 2013

because they see us all as insignifcant females, just a bunch of housewives trying to make a little extra pocket money and not career-minded professionals. Hence, the low pay and poor treatment.  I've been with MM for a few years now since they bought my company, and I can't believe how horribly this company treats its employees.  It is because they see us as insignificant little worker ants who exist only to serve them.  This is never going to improve because MT has tur ...

Monilial Infection Under The Breast..... Treat With
Jan 12, 2010

nm ...

TREAT EMPLOYEES LIKE THEY MAKE A DIFFERENCE
May 31, 2014

nm ...

Respect For ARNPs And The Like
Apr 23, 2011

I have a really hard time respecting some of these dictators when they say things like "no congenial abnormalities" meaning congenital.  And stumbling around before finally spelling words that a 4th grader could pronounce.  When I go to the doctor, living very rural, oftentimes it will be the NPs or PAs who examine you and render a diagnosis.  I realize there are good ones and bad ones, but if the threshold for getting their degrees is so low that they can regularly make these di ...

With All Due Respect To The MT Community...
May 28, 2012

If any of you knew me in person you would know it is not in my nature to whine. But I am going to DO SO HERE... My wife is the MT in our family not me. Last Thursday the laptop she uses for work died. It was an old AcerVista laptop. So what is a person who makes a living on a computer do when the one he or she uses dies?? Common sense is you go get a new one right??  These companys you folks work for could not be more firmly entrenched in the tech world. Do these people realize just how d ...

It Would Be Nice To Get A Little Respect From
Jun 07, 2013

MTSO companies.  Being a long-time loyal employee/IC means nothing to most MTSO's.  I've worked for the same company for around 4 years, through ups and downs, feasts and famines, and the minute it gets a little busy, they hurry up and hire more MTs.  That proves to me that all they care about is making money for themselves and is just a slap in the face of the MT.  Maybe if you must hire new MTs for busy times, how about giving work first to your long-time MTs when ...

Wonder If Nuance's Stockholders Know How Poorly They Treat Their Employees.
Dec 14, 2011

They should be ashamed. No paid holidays? Pay cuts? Greedy bastards. ...

I Just Want Honest Answers And Respect
Aug 20, 2012

I am not asking for charity or a pity party but when there is no work or insufficient work to make quotas I would appreciate the company being honest about what is happening. Don't tell me the docs are all on vacation or it's summertime and no one goes to the doctor in the summertime!!!!!! And if I ask a question I would appreciate an answer and not being ignored. Thank you.  ...

Pt With Boxer's Fracture - Plan: Treat With A S/l Cobra Splint?
Aug 20, 2011

x ...

Coding Schools - Do Hospitals Respect Andrews?
Nov 17, 2011

I know Andrews is the school recommended for MT training, but is it equally recommended for coding school?  I'm looking into community colleges, etc., but wanted to check into online schools as well.  Do hospitals respect Andrews as much as they would a community college degree for coding? ...

Whatever Happened To The Days When You Could Respect Your Team Leads And Your Bosses?
Nov 12, 2010

No one "leads" anymore, they just direct traffic.  I can remember when the "leaders" used to help their employees so they could get a better line count, get through the hard dictators, or just do whatever was in their power to be encouraging.  Now it seems they just use their positions to grab the good jobs that have good dictators or normal dictations like the ops, collect their pay and act like you are a total burden if you need help.   I can assure you it is not encouragin ...

MMMModal's Ad From Monster. Check It Out. Their Claim Of Respect Makes Me-
Feb 05, 2012

Medical Transcriptionist About the Job         We invite you to join the most talented and knowledgeable workforce in the business by introducing M*Modal, the new brand of our industry-leading technology organization. Together, the combination of our collective organizations – MedQuist, Spheris, CBay, M*Modal, Poiesis and others – will enhance the power of clinical documentation to improve patient care.   M*Modal is currently seeking medical trans ...

Does Anyone Know About Accentus?
Mar 01, 2012

Does anyone know about Accentus? Just want input before applying. Thanks. ...

7 Cpl VR, Accentus
Apr 13, 2012

Accentus says in one of its ads that they pay up to 7 cpl for VR.  Anyone out there working for Accentus that actually makes that? ...

LPH At Accentus
May 04, 2012

Hi.  I haven't been working for Accentus very long, but long enough that I should be meeting the 200 lph requirement for SR, but I'm still really struggling to do it.  I was wondering if anyone else had that experience or if maybe I am entering my time incorrectly or something.  I consistently average 165 lph for straight transcription so I feel like 200 is something I shouldn't be struggling so hard to meet, but I am.  I love Accentus so far so I don't wa ...

Anyone Know Anything About Accentus?
Aug 15, 2012

nm ...

Accentus?
Aug 17, 2012

Has anyone heard of this company? ...

Accentus VS NTS
Sep 18, 2012

I just received a job offer from accentus as well as from NTS.  This will be my first position as an MT since graduation.  Any advice on what job offer I should take?  ...

Accentus W2
Jan 26, 2013

Has anyone received their W2 from Accentus yet?  Thanks  ...

Accentus Anyone ?
Mar 19, 2013

Anyone for for Accentus?  Opinions please. Thanks! ...

Accentus Platform?
Oct 15, 2011

I would like to ask anyone who works there currently about their platform and if it is user-friendly and production-friendly.  Thank you. ...

Does Anyone Have Information About Accentus?
Oct 18, 2011

I received an email that they saw my resume on this board and want me to apply.  I've never heard of them so I'd appreciate any info, good, bad or otherwise.  Thanks. ...

Transcend Or Accentus? Sm
Oct 20, 2011

I'm considering going with one of these companies and wondering how they compare.  Would appreciate any information from any current/former employees of either company.  Thank you! ...

My Apologies To DSG And Accentus. I Am Going To
Dec 28, 2011

ask the moderator(s) to remove all my hateful messages.  Forgive me.  I was very hungry and very stressed.  Things have improved dramatically.  Thank you all! ...

How They Like Working For Accentus
Jan 11, 2012

Can someone tell me how they like working for Accentus.  Are you able to make a living wage, not just minimum wage? ...

Accentus APEX
Jan 17, 2012

Anybody know how Accentus APEX compares to Escription platform?  What are Accentus line count requirements? ...

Accentus Good Or Bad?
Jan 25, 2012

Does anyone have anything to share about this company, good or bad?  Any information would be appreciated.  TIA.   ...

Accentus - FL - Let Go Today :(
Feb 03, 2012

Feeling down and out today, was removed from an account.  My 4 weeks on QA was up, did my best, but seems like they want 100% no errors.  Anyone else feel my pain?? Its a blow to my confidence, been doing MT for 10 years, I have another job test to take, so hopefully will get another job soon. ...