A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Got an e-mail stating I could test up to MME - mom2huskies

Posted: Mar 21, 2013

I believe it is just another way to cut my pay further.

Why do they keep doing this? There is literally - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
NO QA work other than the very occasional Indian report with 75 blanks.

I like being an MME everyone's - experience is different

[ In Reply To ..]
I get a combination of QA, MT and ME throughout the day and it breaks up the monotony. I like figuring out what's in the blanks. I haven't noticed that it's hurt my pay. But I know it's not the same for everyone.

Do you actually have work all day, every day, consistently? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If so, what region?

Also, they say POSSIBILITY of a rate raise.

Even at 200 lph ASR, that's minimum wage.

pretty much - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Some days it runs out in the middle of the day. Since I get a combination of QA, MT and ME, it kind of averages out and I make okay money.

I'm an MME, and all I have - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
is the worst of the worst ASR all day long.
well as I said everyone's - experience is different
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't take my good fortune for granted, believe me.

TESTING FOR MME - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep. I got one too. I am part time, and I want to stay part time (partially retired), so that leaves me out.

I am just impressed - that you could see your e-mail

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't been able to get mine all day.

But you could be entered into a RAFFLE - and maybe win a GIFT CARD

[ In Reply To ..]
thank you, no

Got the same offer, but I think I will pass. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm doing okay where I am with my accounts. I don't trust what will happen if I become an MME.

Can anyone tell me why you only need a score of 96 to be - an MME but 99.5+ to be an MT?

[ In Reply To ..]
This makes no sense.

I picked up on that real fast too. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

96 on the test - not on the job nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt . . . - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a terrible experience as a MME. Don't even get me started on that again. Glad to be an MT/ME.

Think SERIOUSLY before taking this test. It was a decrease in pay for me, but I am just one person.

If they MAKE us all be MMEs, I'm - nommeforme

[ In Reply To ..]
for sure retiring in 6 months.

But . . . - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you become an MME, you only have to be 96% correct whereas as an MT/ME you must be 99.5%.
HMMMMMM

Hey, did you miss the part - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
where they said you would be "considered" for an increase in your line rate? Got to love that part!

Yes. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no guarantee you would even get a raise.

An observation about all the "promotions" to MME. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
One thing that really makes me nervous is that every time they create a position & "promote" a lot of people to it, they then seem to mysteriously decide they don't really need that position and eliminate it altogether, allowing a few to step back down & laying the rest off. I'm not saying that will happen, but I've seem similar happen here several times over the years. It's enough to make me very concerned.

that is true - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

So very true, have seen it many times. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

they've had them for a couple of years now though - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

But all of a sudden they're promoting - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
a large chunk of MTs to this position, coincidentally when work has died out so much because of India. The big push to move a big chunk of MTs into that group all of a sudden is what I find concerning given their history. It may not amount to anything, only time will tell.
I totally agree with you.... - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

New E-mail Today From Payroll Stating New PTO Rate
Jul 23, 2010

Did anybody get an e-mail like this today?  Just about 4 PM when I was starting my shift, I got a letter from payroll saying I would now be getting $7.50 an hour when I take PTO, when before I was told by payroll, it would be $9.50 an hour. This is the rate you have when you take a module or are in an MT conference. Anyways, ever since I started with Spheris, I got $9.50 an hour and have continued at this pay even after Medquist took over.  They said it is based on production since De ...

Got E Mail From My CCM Stating That Someone Called Trying To Get Access To MT's Computer
Jan 25, 2013

Very strange. Why would anyone want access to our work computer and how would they get our phone number and know we work for Mmodal.  Every day it gets stranger and stranger ...

In The Mail Today I Got A Letter Stating I Was Eligible For A Pell Grant.
Apr 21, 2010

I had to look up what it was because I had never heard of it.  Turns out they are given to poor folks.   I don't know what made them send it to me but it does have my name on it so I know it is for me.   They must know I work at Transcend.  It is only good for vocational training, cannot be for more than one year and must focus on skills necessary for securing entry level employment.  I don't know what direction to go in from here.  I ...

Did Anybody Get E-mail & Phone Call To Test For M-Modal?
May 17, 2012

I have been working for this company since 2009.  Today I got an e-mail to test for M-Modal. When I didn't answer this e-mail, I got a phone call and they left a message saying they e-mailed me and since I didn't e-mail them back, they are calling to ask me to take an MT test. When I tried to call them back, it wouldn't let me do that, and the recording said they would call back tomorrow. I think they should not call people who already work here, and how did they get my e-ma ...

Doctor Is Stating
May 23, 2011

"dermaclens" or "dermaclenz" ????  I can find a Derma-Clens when I google but it is used by vets.  Any suggestions?  TIA.  ...

Why Are They Job Posting Stating Up To 12 Cpl
Apr 18, 2015

I just saw a job ad for Nuance stating "You can earn up to .12788 cents per line."   Really?!  Not on the Bayscribe/Integra platforms!!!!   They knocked us down to .105 as the MOST we can make.  Is this part of their making it fair across the platforms BS?  I'm pissed.  When they switch us to a Nuance platform, will our pay go up to that?!  Grr ...

Mitchem Consulting Posting An Ad Stating That It Is
Feb 06, 2012

an IC position for a whole whopping 6 cpl.  Oh gonna grab that one...NOT! ...

Oh Goodie, I Got An Email Stating I Have A Mentor For ASR.
Apr 11, 2012

ie, the shadow mentoring. They say their methods have been effective in increasing ASR production. We will see... The one good thing is they will get to see exactly how much I have to correct their ASR! It might be more educational for them than me. :) I use all the short cuts provided, but I do listen to every single word. ...

Article Stating To Keep Medical Transcription In
Dec 29, 2012

http://www.ahdpg.com/blog/a-call-out-to-u-s-hospitals-to-help-put-americans-back-to-work/ ...

Stating Solid Shifts For IC Boldly In The Ad. Seriously?
May 25, 2013

Saw 2 ads posted here alone this week, perhaps there were more. Is it me or is this blantant disregard for IRS rules for IC. These ads state specific shifts and state for IC. Aren't these chancy moves on the part of the MTSO to actually put it in print publicly? Can't they get in trouble just for that? I am wondering if things have changed in rules for IC by the IRS or if I am losing my mind. Just touching base here for a reality check.  PS: I am not saying it isn't a 24/7 b ...

To QA: I Got A Comment Back Stating To Place The QA Marker
Jan 04, 2010

I always thought I had been doing that, but I got this message more than once, so I'd like to see if any QA here can clarify this.  CCM has no idea what she means ????  I always understood to place the QA marker right where I hear the blank and that is what I thought I was doing.  Any suggestions or comments as to what could be happening?  I don't want to make the QA's job any more difficult than it already is.....  TIA..... ...

Mumbling ER Doctor. Stating Allergy To S/L Sarandian. Sm
Apr 09, 2010

I'm not finding anything resembling this, even after listening multiple times, slowing down, speeding up. Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

Is It Legal To Ask A Person To Sign An Agreement Stating They Sm
Apr 04, 2013

will not comment about a company, including their payroll practices, here or on any social media? I know why the stipulation is there, since the company has not paid on time EVER and they were trashed here because of it, but if someone comes on the board and asks about the company, I would feel it within my rights to warn that person that if you need a reliable pay day, this is not the place. I have until Saturday to decide if I sign this document. I'm thinking about walking away anyway. ...

I Woke Up This Morning To An Email Stating I Lost My Job Due To Lack Of Work
Jan 24, 2012

Don't know what to think, she said due to the mandatory EMR they have lost many of their accounts with no notice so they have to go to a skeleton crew and I'm out.  Don't even know if I will get the last three paychecks she owes me either.  Does anybody know of any companies that are hiring? ...

When I Send An E-mail From My MQ Mail, It Shows That It
Dec 16, 2011

came from someone else.  Anybody ever had that problem before and does anybody know who I contact to get it fixed? ...

Mail Purge On MT Mail System 10/16
Oct 12, 2012

What are you all doing with emails you have saved to folders? ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

Help With E-mail
Mar 25, 2010

I am applying for a position under "Job Seeker's Board."  When I tried to send the E-mail from the job posting, I got this message.  "The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D" Can somebody please tell me what it means and how to fix it? Thank's!   &nbs ...

E-mail?
Jun 30, 2010

Not that I really WANT to hear from the Q, but am I the only one who does not have e-mail still?  I can log into MQ Central fine, click the "my community" button, and the regular e-mail page does come up but with only four boxes at the top (no e-mail list). One of those boxes says something about currently experiencing problems with MT mail, we are contact with the vendor trying to resolve issues.  That's it.  Rest of the page is white. Am I the only lucky one -- an ...

E,mail
Jun 28, 2010

Aaarrrrrrg - are we EVER going to get e.mail again.  Mine has been down since the wk-end.  Are they working on it or what? ...

Not Getting Much E-mail
Jun 27, 2010

This week I have not been getting much e-mail. Anyone else having this problem? Will I get banned from the forum for sking this question? ...

MQ E-mail
Jun 24, 2010

Anybody having trouble getting into MQ e-mail this morning?? It gives me a message that user name or password is not recognized??? ...

I Mail
Sep 22, 2010

Is anyone having trouble getting into MQ mail?  When I try to get in I get a message that says "No content available - Please check if there is content defined for the markup of your client device."  ??????!!! ...

PAY CUT E-MAIL
Jan 10, 2011

I've read a few postings about a "pay cut" that's suppose to take effect soon...  I never got such an e-mail.  Can someone explain what it said, where it was posted please? (ot cut and paste it here)  I checked all my e-mail this weekend, went over everything with a fine toothed comb and got no such e-mail. How can they just cut pay?  ...

No E-mail All Day From TT
Jun 01, 2011

Hi everyone:)  Has anyone received any e-mail today from Transtech.  I haven't gotten 1 e-mail all day, which is unusual.  Thanks! ...

F11 E-mail
Jun 09, 2011

Now we have to fill out a Q-Care ticket and make sure we justify why we used F11?? Just another way for them to squeeeeeze a few more pennies out of us.  A plague on their head, a pox on their house. Bah!! ...