A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Article stating to keep medical transcription in - the great USA.

Posted: Dec 29, 2012

http://www.ahdpg.com/blog/a-call-out-to-u-s-hospitals-to-help-put-americans-back-to-work/

That's a not so cleverly disguised ad for an MTSO - soliciting work. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Keep Jobs in America - outahere

[ In Reply To ..]
What the article doesn't say is that these US companies pay minimum (or less if you can't make your line requirements), that's why they can't find decent MTs. This article is just another way to force an already humiliated workforce of women into jobs that do sustain economic financial burdens.

Similar Messages:

Letter Sent To AARP Regarding Recent Medical ID Theft Article
May 06, 2010

There was an article in the most recent issue of AARP bulletin entitled "Not What the Doctor Ordered"; (which I received through snail mail);  it touched very lightly on medical identity theft and suggested patients purchase copies of their medical records from their doctors, as well as ask for a list a benefits paid in one's name and an "accounting of disclosures" which "shows who got your medical records".  IMO, that's merely the tip of the iceberg!  So I sent a l ...

Article Link - How Long Will We Tolerate Our Medical Records Being Hacked?
Aug 04, 2011

Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy wuzzy really wasn't fuzzy wuzzy? http://www.latimes.com/la-fi-cyber-attacks-20110804,0,7350113.story ...

Article About Low Wages In Transcription
Mar 22, 2015

Interesting article in the latest For the Record, the AHIMA magazine, about the low pay most companies offer.http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/0315p18.shtml ...

Article - Transcription Holy Grail
Dec 30, 2009

Here's a link to another article regarding tyrannical QA editors, how it takes a highly skilled professional to input medical data, etc.   http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/062209p14.shtml ...

Article Regarding Transcription Error By An Indian
Apr 22, 2013

Of course this could happen to any one of us, but it's interesting that the article points out the terrible quality of the reports being done in India.  This particular MT transcribed the incorrect insulin dosage that ultimately led to the death of the patient.  Proofread, proofread, proofread.  We already know that, but it doesn't hurt to spread the word.  We're all so production oriented these days given our excessively low pay, but we still need to be so inc ...

Article - Dictation And Transcription Will Be Under Increased Scrutiny
Dec 29, 2009

We'll see how this shakes out but what it looks like, according to this article, is that security will be forefront. To me this means that the vampire squids (the suits) who live and die for widespread databases will need to figure out how they can make their systems more secure. I think they can't if they continue the road their on. See below for recent article link.  http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/122109p10.shtml ...

Article - HIPAA Targets - Dictation And Transcription
Jan 13, 2010

Below is the link to the article called HIPAA Targets and it talks about how dictation and transcription are going to be under increased scrutiny. The one paragraph that caught my eye was this: "Casto also points to the number of outsourced companies that work directly off the Internet, opening themselves up for breaches. “A lot of people would be shocked as to how many of those companies have an FTP site that works off the Internet,” he notes." This info needs to be widely spread ...

AARP Article Recommending Transcription To Seniors
Oct 27, 2013

A friend has written to inform me that the latest AARP magazine has an article recommending transcription to seniors as a viable source of side income. At first I laughed.  Now I'm mad. I have looked on AARP.org to find said article, but I can't locate it.  I have googled it, to no avail.  My friend is not tech savvy enough to scan it and e-mail it to me.  Anybody out there receive this magazine?  I would like to actually read this thing.     ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Doctor Is Stating
May 23, 2011

"dermaclens" or "dermaclenz" ????  I can find a Derma-Clens when I google but it is used by vets.  Any suggestions?  TIA.  ...

Why Are They Job Posting Stating Up To 12 Cpl
Apr 18, 2015

I just saw a job ad for Nuance stating "You can earn up to .12788 cents per line."   Really?!  Not on the Bayscribe/Integra platforms!!!!   They knocked us down to .105 as the MOST we can make.  Is this part of their making it fair across the platforms BS?  I'm pissed.  When they switch us to a Nuance platform, will our pay go up to that?!  Grr ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

Got An E-mail Stating I Could Test Up To MME
Mar 21, 2013

I believe it is just another way to cut my pay further. ...

Mitchem Consulting Posting An Ad Stating That It Is
Feb 06, 2012

an IC position for a whole whopping 6 cpl.  Oh gonna grab that one...NOT! ...

Oh Goodie, I Got An Email Stating I Have A Mentor For ASR.
Apr 11, 2012

ie, the shadow mentoring. They say their methods have been effective in increasing ASR production. We will see... The one good thing is they will get to see exactly how much I have to correct their ASR! It might be more educational for them than me. :) I use all the short cuts provided, but I do listen to every single word. ...

Stating Solid Shifts For IC Boldly In The Ad. Seriously?
May 25, 2013

Saw 2 ads posted here alone this week, perhaps there were more. Is it me or is this blantant disregard for IRS rules for IC. These ads state specific shifts and state for IC. Aren't these chancy moves on the part of the MTSO to actually put it in print publicly? Can't they get in trouble just for that? I am wondering if things have changed in rules for IC by the IRS or if I am losing my mind. Just touching base here for a reality check.  PS: I am not saying it isn't a 24/7 b ...

To QA: I Got A Comment Back Stating To Place The QA Marker
Jan 04, 2010

I always thought I had been doing that, but I got this message more than once, so I'd like to see if any QA here can clarify this.  CCM has no idea what she means ????  I always understood to place the QA marker right where I hear the blank and that is what I thought I was doing.  Any suggestions or comments as to what could be happening?  I don't want to make the QA's job any more difficult than it already is.....  TIA..... ...

Mumbling ER Doctor. Stating Allergy To S/L Sarandian. Sm
Apr 09, 2010

I'm not finding anything resembling this, even after listening multiple times, slowing down, speeding up. Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

New E-mail Today From Payroll Stating New PTO Rate
Jul 23, 2010

Did anybody get an e-mail like this today?  Just about 4 PM when I was starting my shift, I got a letter from payroll saying I would now be getting $7.50 an hour when I take PTO, when before I was told by payroll, it would be $9.50 an hour. This is the rate you have when you take a module or are in an MT conference. Anyways, ever since I started with Spheris, I got $9.50 an hour and have continued at this pay even after Medquist took over.  They said it is based on production since De ...

Got E Mail From My CCM Stating That Someone Called Trying To Get Access To MT's Computer
Jan 25, 2013

Very strange. Why would anyone want access to our work computer and how would they get our phone number and know we work for Mmodal.  Every day it gets stranger and stranger ...

Is It Legal To Ask A Person To Sign An Agreement Stating They Sm
Apr 04, 2013

will not comment about a company, including their payroll practices, here or on any social media? I know why the stipulation is there, since the company has not paid on time EVER and they were trashed here because of it, but if someone comes on the board and asks about the company, I would feel it within my rights to warn that person that if you need a reliable pay day, this is not the place. I have until Saturday to decide if I sign this document. I'm thinking about walking away anyway. ...

What Is HB Medical Transcription???
Mar 06, 2010

I've been in the medical transcription industry for 16 years and dont have any clue what HB medical transcription is. There is a job posted which has been filled, but I for the life of me cannot figure that out, unless it is hispanic/bilingual.  Can someone help me out!  ...

VLC Medical Transcription
Jul 24, 2010

Does anyone know if the Virtual Learning Center still exists?  I am not getting any responses to emails to them.  The website has changed since the last time I looked at it.  Also, I thought they were supposed to be the third best of the top three medical transcription companies to learn from.  If they are not, who is?  ...

JLG Medical Transcription
Sep 09, 2010

Any info on JLG pros/cons, pay would be greatly appreciated. ...

Medical Transcription.
Jan 21, 2011

I have a certificate through Stratford Career Institute and have had a hard time trying to get employment. I don't have any prior experience in the medical transcription field and am very interested in getting pointed in the right direction on what to do from here on how I can further a career in this field. If anyone can be of some help please let me know. ...

Non Medical Transcription
Feb 02, 2011

I am an independent contractor. Have always charged per line count. Have an opportunity to transcribe 30 minute audio interviews. Any thoughts on what or how to charge for this? Thanks! ...

Qed Medical Transcription
Apr 02, 2011

Has anyone ever tried taking the typing test for QED transcription? For some reason I am not getting into the testing site.  '( ...

U.S. Transcription Non Medical
Sep 01, 2011

I answered an ad for U.S. Transcription posted on MT Jobs, was asked to test, and within an hour of submitting my test I was offered a job.  After my heart came down from a happy dance at an actual job offer, I found I really have some things to think about before I say yes. This would be for 2nd shift, non-medical transcription at 0.06/cpl for straight transcription, 0.03/cpl if a company provided template is used.  I suppose I need to ask what my expected production would be before ...