A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I find it annoying - sm - MT50

Posted: Sep 19, 2013

I find it extremely annoying when finally I start to feel like I have enough work on a daily basis for a several-week stretch only to find the account manager has decided to "rearrange the pools" and put more MTs to a pool with fewer docs in the pool.  When I E-mail my account manager and ask for more work, my E-mails go unanswered.  So I bite the bullet, go with the flow, play the "sit-and-wait" game, and when I get new resident dictating for an attending and have to send the job to QA (first time I had to send something to QA in weeks), I get a rude, pretentious E-mail from same AM stating that the blank "could have CLEARLY been found on Google had I looked."  After searching for 20 minutes and going with every possible option from what the phrase sounded like, I still could not find it.

I find the whole situation annoying and aggravating because when I am looking for more work I am ignored, but when I send something to QA for a new resident who is foreign and tough to understand, all of a sudden, poof, someone on the other end suddenly appears, albeit though with a snide E-mail.  Just wanted to vent.

sorry, but this is the beginning - of a long process

[ In Reply To ..]
of either getting you to quit or to eventually lay you off or terminate you. Been through this too many times myself to not be able to read the writing on the wall, or between the lines. My advice?? Prepare yourself by finding something else, and soon. It is just a matter of time now.

Been there myself, several times. in the past 3 weeks, I have...sm - LoveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Sent TWO separate emails on TWO separate occasions asking specific questions about certain things that were either corrected or something I just second-guessed myself on or couldn't document/reference anywhere.

I have my email account set up where I get a confirmation that the email was actually read. BOTH times it was read by 3 to 5 different people on the QA team... Not one of them bothered to even reply. Pretty freaking sad if you ask me, especially when the Team Manager (or whatever the heck they're calling themselves these days) specifically sends an email out stating, "whenever you have a question, always feel free to reach out to your quality assurance team because that is what they are there for, to help you."

What a crock! They don't want to "help" any of us. I too have gotten the snarky reply "Found such-and-such first try when referencing on Google, very simple if you had only tried." And you know what, "I don't have time for that nonsense." If I can't find a doctors name within the first few minutes of looking, without having a correct spelling or even a correct pronunciation sometimes, that "awesome" quality assurance team that is "there to help us" is going to get that report. Definitely going to get a lot more too from me since my questions went unanswered, and had they been answered, I could have saved QA from ever having received the reports I had blanks/questions in, but hey they must want to do them pretty bad since they chose to ignore my email completely...five different people at that!

Similar Messages:

Do You Ever Find Some Dictator Voices So Annoying
Jan 11, 2015

The ones who stutter, or lisp (both of which I despise), or sound like they're whispering through locked lips.  Some days it's so strange it fascinates me more than annoys me.  ...

Annoying!
Jun 20, 2014

Mr. Dictator: You do not need to repeat your name and spell it twice, dictate the patient's name and spell it twice, along with repeating the MR# twice before dictating your procedure, then do it all over again at the end of the procedure! Geez, I get it.. Last job of the day, thank goodness! ...

OMG! This May Just Be The Most Annoying Thing
Oct 20, 2010

that I have had in a dictation, and I am sure that the dictator (PA-C)  is annoyed as well.  It's always annoying when she chitty-chats with the "girls in the office" while dictating, but in this dictation, one of the girls is mocking back everything the dictator says and continues to do so, after a little chuckle from dictator each time, to the point where the dictator finally has to tell her that this is important, it is for an attorney and she cannot mess it up.  ...

Can We Please Be Done With The Annoying Snowflakes?
Dec 05, 2012

x ...

Can We Possibly Get Rid Of The Annoying WalMart Ad....
Aug 06, 2013

.....that "follows" us? ...

Super Annoying....fiesa
Jul 02, 2014

It seems lately I have had a lot of corrections where they are removing what I have typed and marking as [UNCLEAR].  I am not getting dinged, but the reason this is bothering me so much is because they are doctors I am familiar with and know what they say.  It's not like a skip is happening and I'm adding in something. There are dictating, not always the best dictations, but because I'm familiar with them I know what it is. Makes me feel like I don't know what I� ...

Annoying Ding Sound
Jan 15, 2015

Silly question--just got a new monitor and now have this "ding" sound on finishing a chart.  Can't remember how to remove it.  Any ideas? ...

Shorthand Annoying Glitch
Feb 09, 2015

Hi.....using Dell, windows 7 pc, word 2013, and shorthand.    I like the feature on shorthand that you can check so that it uses the clipboard to dump shorthand entries into the text field on word 2013.  I  have some really long templates and when I use this form of text transfer (clipboard) on shorthand, it almost immediately dumps the template into my report.   BUT, then a glitch occurs on all other entries.  for instanct I have   pt for patient  a ...

I HATE OP NOTES. SURGEONS ARE VERY ANNOYING TO
Jan 26, 2010

LISTEN TO.  THEY RATTLE NINETY TO NOTHING THROUGH AN OPERATIVE REPORT.  JUST BECAUSE THEY SAY THE SAME THINGS EVERY TIME DOES NOT MEAN THE SAME PERSON ALWAYS GETS THAT TRANSCRIPTION AND AUTOMATICALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE SAYING.  THEY NEED TO SLOW DOWN AND REALIZE THERE IS A REAL PERSON ON THE OTHER END OF THAT STUPID MACHINE THEY'RE TALKING INTO.  RUDE, RUDE, RUDE.  THAT'S ABSOLUTELY ALL YOU CAN SAY ABOUT THEM!!!!!!!!!! ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

How To Turn Off The Annoying Loud "ding Sound"at End Of Dictation/spell Check.
Nov 22, 2011

I thought there was a way to make that annoying ding sound at the end of the dictation when spell check is complete to sound softer.  I have Windows XP.  I keep looking in the control panel but it does not seem familiar to me as to the way I used to do it.  In some reports if the dictator talks low and then when you reach the end it blasts out my eardrum.  TIA. ...

Annoying "corrections."
Jan 05, 2014

I had a fairly short note that was easy - and correct - except for a couple of lab terms I wasn't sure of because the dictator slurred over them.  Wanting the report to be correct, I submitted it to QA in the hope that the "smarter" QA person would hear the lab terms and fill them in.  Ha!  She didn't know either, but instead went through and "corrected" things that didn't need correcting, I'm sure in order to justify her job.   No more will ...

Cant Find Help....
Dec 18, 2009

Hello again,   So this test the doc speaks of i cant find anywhere.... "reduction enforced dispensatory capacity (FDC)"  I ve searched hi, and low and everywhere I can think, and I cant find anything.    any help?   ...

Is There A Way To Find Out...
Mar 02, 2010

which MTSO took over the transcription from another MTSO?  For example, if company A typed for a hospital, but the hospital didn't renew their contract and went to company B, can you find out the name of company B? ...

Does Anyone Else Find It Odd
Jun 16, 2010

When companies post a job for a transcriptionist with good "grammer"?? ...

Where Can I Find The BOS?
Jun 25, 2010

Where can I find the BOS?  Tried, but can't seem to locate it.  Thanks. ...

Can't Find It --
Sep 01, 2010

It sounds like 'feena-chietti' sign used along with Lachman's sign for testing the knee. Any ideas?  TIA. ...

Do Any Of You Find That You Are
Jun 18, 2011

actually faster if you type the report instead of editing with VR?  I have found that sometimes if I type the report myself from scratch, but leave the "speech edited" report at the bottom for reference, I am actually faster.  So, even though I am not making as much per line as I would for a straight typing account, for some jobs (and some days), I make more by completely typing the job myself.  I make 0.516 cpl for editing.  And in someways I feel I need to type sometimes t ...

Anyone Know Or Know How I Can Find Out?
Dec 02, 2010

When you quit, when does your health insurance coverage end?  The last day you work?  Or the last day of your last month? My CCM isn't answering me and every time I try to look on MQ Central it slows to a crawl and I can't find anything. Thanks in advance!   ...

How Do I Find Out Who's Above My CCM?
Jan 07, 2011

I know I wrote this information down somewhere but apparently I lost it.  I need a 500 page notebook to keep all the CCM info straight - new CCM, new page.  Anyway, I've been emailing my current CCM a question all week and she won't answer.  I don't know if I can search for this information on the MQ website or not.  I looked a little bit but didn't get anywhere.  I can't talk to her on the phone because she irritates the %&*& out of me. ...

Okay, Here's Another One I Cannot Find...sm
Mar 14, 2011

I know there's S-shaped scoliosis.  That's easy enough to find.  How does one hyphenate "reverse S shaped scoliosis" ?  I want to go with reverse-S-shaped, but that looks a little awkward.  Any thoughts?  Thanks for any help!  ...

In The BOS Where Would I Find Whether To Use
Sep 03, 2011

Hodgkin's lymphoma or Hodgkin lymphoma, Down's syndrome or Down syndrome, Crohn's disease or Crohn disease.  I know there is a rule but can't remember to save my life! ARG!  I need a huge pile of chocolate! ...

Can't Find
Sep 08, 2011

Sentence is: Tylenol and NSAIDS are no longer s/l apa-kay-shush. I don't think it is a medical word, means the medications are no longer helping but I can't find this word anywhere! Any suggestions anyone? ...

Can Someone Tell Me Where To Find....
May 28, 2012

the policy on when there is no work available during your scheduled shift, especially on holidays?   Thanks! ...

I'm Sure It Was Sent But I Can't Find It ...
Jun 03, 2012

Does anyone know the LAST DAY for open enrollment?  ...

Need To Find New Mt Job
Aug 03, 2013

My husband has a 98% chance of relocating for his job.  Right now I have the perfect transcription job onsite.  However, I know I will have a hard time finding a job onsite when we move and i am considering the work at home option.  I have done it before and my kids were younger, so i know that there can be problems with availability of work.  I must admit that I am spoiled to first shift, but I know that I will probably have to work second shift.    My purpose in ...

So What Do You Do When You Can't Find A Job?
Sep 29, 2013

I just ran out of my unemployment benefits and I have not found a job. I look for a job everywhere, but I can't stand or walk for very long, so I can't get a job where you have to stand or walk. Nobody is hiring me, too much competition on line. I have no more money and no where to go. I mean I have no where to go, nor do I want to go. Don't want to move in with my ex-boyfriend, he tries to control me. Don't want to move in with my son and his wife, they lost their house and ...

How To Find GP?
Apr 08, 2015

I'm learning editscript when I couldn't understand the GP name dictated. I've gotten a few errors back saying that the GP name was in the header. I don't see it anywhere. I see a drop down for speaker and signing clinician. I can search for the name but if I can't hear it well enough to know what initials I should search for....is there something else I should be checking? They aren't giving me any info about it. Thx for any help.   ...

How To Find A Job Just After Graduating
Feb 15, 2010

Hello!  I was hoping someone could give me some pointers or ideas on where I could get my first job as a MT.  Does anyone know of any companies that are inclined to give newbies their first chance?  Are there any transcription jobs, not necessarily medical, that one could get easier to build experience?  If anyone has any comments please let me know.  Thank you. ...

Saw A Post And Can't Find It Now About
Feb 17, 2010

I know exactly the company you are talking about and have wondered the same thing. The person who wrote the rules must not have a full understanding of the VR program. At this company, we are supposed to adhere to the account specifics to a T if we type on the account, but if we get a VR job on that same account we are supposed to ignore the account specifics and leave it as VR puts it unless there are blatant errors. That makes NO SENSE. Why not train VR correctly in the first place so the repo ...