A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Setting up clinic account - henderlor

Posted: Jun 07, 2011

I did transcription for a physician about 15 years ago (drove 20 miles to his office, picked up tapes and returned finished product 2-3 times a week).  He is unhappy with his current transcription service and wants me to do it again.  He uses a digital recorder now and I am not sure how to set things up so I can do it online or through email.  I would greatly appreciate any direction or advice in this area. 

Clinic - Good Luck

[ In Reply To ..]
Just Suggestions: Check out MPWord6, which has a free 10- or 15-day trial period (I played around with it and like it). Check out ExpressScribe, which I believe is a free download. If submitting reports via E-mail, check out the HIPAA encryption requirements? Check into a VPN? Other posters will be more helpful to you, I'm sure.

Clinic Account - MTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I email reports back to a couple of my docs and I use MEO encryption, which is free. It is done by NCH, the same company that does Express Scribe. The only drawback to this program is that the person you are sending to has to download MEO onto their computer. My computer guy told me that you can password protect your documents using Word but it is only HIPAA compliant with Word 2007.

If you can get your doc to use a phone (and if he has unlimited long distance) you can get a call in service called Unlimited Dictation that is advertised on MT Stars for $99 a month. I use that for one of my docs and it is great. Still $99 a month no matter how many docs are on it and they store the dictation for you. Two of my docs use digital recorders and I don't really understand all of that, but I think you have to have a place to store the dictation. I do that through my computer person. Maybe someone else can answer that part of the digital question. Hope some of this helps.

Just Try Metroscript - Easiest Cheapest Solution - MTanon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you're just starting out in the world of digital recordings and such, Metroscript is a great place to start. Metroscript is an online TASP that allows you to sign up for free, it's $14.95 per month (then above that costs are added on). They charge $.34 per mg to upload digital files. The doctor can plug in his recorder and send you the dictation through Metroscript. They also offer phone dictation at $.15 per minute. Save yourself the trouble of encrypting emails, etc. Upload completed transcription back into Metroscript so the doctor's office can download and print or whatever on their end. This is 100% HIPAA compliant and affords document tracking as well. The price of $99 a month for phone in dictation is way too much money. Check them out at www.metroscript.com. I have used this service for many clients for at least 6 years. Superb support and guidance. Email me if you want more info. (I am no way connected to this company other than offering an endorsement as a very happy user.) Good Luck to you!

clinic set up - henderlor

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you, I'll take a look.

Clinic Transcription - MidwestMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I personally hate express scribe. I spent the $ and went with gearplayer from transcriptiongear.com. They have excellent tech support and I don't have the foot pedal problems that I did with express scribe. All files (voice and transcription) are sent via free FTP. Trust me, it's worth the $ in the long run!

Clinic Account - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If I am doing the math correctly, .15 per minute for call in service comes out to considerably more than $99 per month, especially if you have more than one doc or have a doc that dictates long reports.

Similar Messages:

What Is The Best Way To Go After Your Own Little Clinic Account?
Nov 13, 2010

My company just lost a huge account.  Since then I have not made much money at all.  I am scraping to get by.  After 10 years in the medical transcription field I am fed up.  I have always worked on such great accounts for good money.  Now, I cannot find something that is even average pay.  I am going to be taking a medical coding course; however, I still need to provide for my three kids.  I want to go out and solicit doctors and try to secure my own account, ...

Acquiring Clinic Account Of My Own
Aug 09, 2010

I just wanted to know if someone could tell me how to get an account of my own, (preferably clinic, something small). I have worked for large companies but now would like to check into getting an account of my own. Can someone please explain to me how to do this as I would appreciate it very much. Hope to hear from you soon! ...

TTS - Hiring For An Acute Care And A Clinic Account
Jun 23, 2010

I see they are hiring for an acute care and a clinic account. But they say you must have acute care experience. Does anyone know if this is true? I know I can ask the company, and I will, but I thought I would see if anyone here knew. ...

Feedback From Anyone On Nuance Ambulatory Clinic Account And Using EMDAT
Sep 01, 2014

How productive is Emdat on Nuance Ambulatory Clinic accounts?  Platform seems easy to use, but can a person get a good line count? ...

Just Read Epic Is Taking Over Mayo Clinic Account-sm
Jan 22, 2015

What company has that?  Didn't they just recently outsource in the first place?   ...

Setting Up A Server
Nov 26, 2009

Has anyone out there set up a server for your business? If so, how complicated was it, and is iit worth the investment?  I have about 10 MTs (small business).  I think this would save a lot of time and frustration if we had a server... Anyone who can share their opinions on this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Help With Windows Setting
Oct 13, 2010

I'm struggling with getting my "new" computer up and running.  Of course, it isn't a new computer, because we have to have Windows XP.  Grrrr. I can't figure out how to get my windows to open to full screen - or maybe 2/3 size like my old, now deceased, computer.  I get a small centered square no matter what program  I open, and have to maximize every time I open a window.  I've done it before, but have absolutely no recollection of how. ...

Quality Bar Setting
Mar 10, 2012

Just read an article in the AARP Bulletin that 1 in 7 Medicare patients died or were harmed by their hospital care and the number of patients who die each year from preventable hospital errors is equal to 4 full jumbo jets crashing EACH WEEK.  They can't figure out what to do about it.  Maybe auditing the employees like crazy and holding them to a 99% accuracy standard and cutting their pay 50% if they don't meet it like MMMMMModal/Q?  Sure seems to work for me :) ...

TTD - Setting It Straight
Jun 10, 2012

I used to work there for approx. a year or so, before it really went down the toilet. I believe that sheer GREED set it and that's when it went downhill. Although I no longer work there, I have kept contact with some pretty reliable people. There are "100s" who are on the books to work; however, they work when they want, IF they want - there is absolutely no consistency to schedule or hours or days, nothing. Thus, the need to have that many people; the HOPE that someone will be working ...

Need Help Setting Up To Get My Own Clients
Sep 23, 2014

20 years ago, like a lot of us, I worked at home typing dictations from cassettes on a typewriter!   Recently I was asked by a health care provider if I can do her dictation notes on her own program, using her own templates, send them to her printer from my computer, like is done with the national company I work for.  How do I do set this up in this day and age?  Can I download her program onto a thumb drive and put in my own computer?  How do I get her templates into my ...

Setting Up Outlook Express
Feb 15, 2010

I need help setting up Outlook Express from scratch.  I need help with everything.  I guess I am really dumb. ...

Express Scribe Setting?
Oct 06, 2011

Hi I am using Express Scribe 5.24 and need to have the pedals set for rewind timing.. I mean the center pedal that when you release it will self rewind say 3 to 5 seconds   Cant find that, where might that be? ...

Which Setting Do You Have Your Audio Speed On?
Jan 16, 2014

I've always kept mine on 0.8 and thought it was perfect but turned it up yesterday to 1.0 and didn't really notice too much difference.  I like it right around there because I am able to hear every nuance of what is dictated and rarely miss any of the small details.  I read on a different thread that someone else kept theirs much faster so it got me curious what the "average" is.  Is mine ridiculously slow or are some of you just ridiculously fast?  :) ...

S/l J-mar 2 Setting (Dupuytren/hand Strength)
Jun 08, 2010

This patient has dupuytren disease and the doctor dictates the following: His strength in the right is 50 and 50 by s/l j-mar 1 setting.    Any ideas???  ...

Is There A Way To Change The Setting On The Auto Save?
Sep 08, 2010

I think that is one thing that is slowing my computer down.  I notice it gets real sluggish and then the "Auto Save" flases in the bottom tool bar.  ...

Well They Are Setting Us Up For The Next Pay Cut. Classes On Improving Our Keystrokes While Doing A
Nov 04, 2010

nm ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

Setting Up Jump Points In Word And IT
Apr 03, 2012

I need to set up jump points in a document in Word 2003 but do not know how. In other words, I want to replace a jump point or marker like @@ with text in an Instant Text entry. Anyone know how to do this? ...

Where To Locate The Foot Pedal Setting On My Computer
Mar 31, 2013

Could someone please tell me where to locate the foot pedal setting on my computer when I want to change what type of pedal I am using?  I haven't done it in so long I can't remember where it is located.  Have been looking all day for it!!!!  Help, please.  Thank you. ...

Question Regarding Setting For Playing Voice Files
May 17, 2013

I am trying to do a transcription test and the company I used to work for changed my computer setup and I can no longer use Express Scribe to play voice files using my foot pedal.  Does anyone know where the settings are to make it play voice files once they are on Express Scribe and where on my computer do I check to see what the foot pedal setting is?  I have been trying to fix this so I can get through the transcription test and hopefully MAYBE ACTUALLY GET A JOB?&nbs ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

On EditScript-9, Is There A Setting That Allows You To Hear A "bong" At The End Of The
Feb 01, 2010

Is there a keyboard command to get to the end of the audio, or do you have to manually slide the little bar with the mouse?     Thanks! ...

Clinic Going VR With EHR
May 10, 2011

I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed over and over - I'm just starting to research it a bit.  (I haven't completely been under a rock but I have been in my own happy little world with my job ... until now).  I'm an IC transcriptionist (working from home) for a local clinic of 15 MDs/PAs.   Three of them are using Dragon Speak  VR  with EHR.  A fourth one just started.  What I want to know is if there is a place for me when m ...

In-house Clinic Pay
Nov 16, 2010

I have an interview with a local eye clinic (there are six surgeons).  Just wondering what kind of salary to expect to be offered or ask for (!), having been paid as a remote MT/VR Editor by production for many years and haven't a clue about salaries in clinics any more.  It is not as an IC but as member of their staff, permanent, full-time, 40 hours a week. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.   ...

Clinic Transcription
Mar 27, 2012

I am looking for clinic transcription.  Can anyone give a list of companies to try that have a lot of clinic transcription. ...

Nuance Took Over My Clinic
Dec 10, 2012

I just found out today when I had no work with my smaller company that Nuance took over all the work starting today.  I found out they knew about it 2 months ago and didn't tell us.  I am waiting on the contact information from the original clinic manager at the doctor's office so hopefully we can go with our work.  Has anyone else had this happen and if so how good are the chances of just going with Nuance.  At this point I just need the work.    Thank ...

Been Doing Clinic My Whole MT Career...
Jul 05, 2013

I've been doing clinic my whole six-year MT career. Now since there are not that many clinic transcription jobs anymore, I'd like to learn acute. But of course, all the acute ads say they want experience. I'm confident that I can pass some of the acute care job tests. Are some employers open to giving you an acute care job if you do well on the test, having no actual job experience in it? I went to a good school and am confident in my abilities. What has been your experience in th ...

My Clinic Just Went To EHR With EClinicalworks
Sep 13, 2013

Am I now out of a job or is there a place for transcription with this program?  Anybody have an idea of what to expect?  ...

There Goes Cleveland Clinic
Sep 18, 2013

wonder how many MTs this includes? http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/18/us-usa-health-clevelandclinic-idUSBRE98H14V20130918 ...

Overflow Clinic MT
Sep 19, 2013

No idea who that ad on the Job Seekers board is from (Tracy in Lousiana, but no company name). Am I the only one who wondered if the "overflow" 1 to 2 days a week is some atrocious dictator that the person running the ad doesn't want to have to endure? I never thought of farming out the bad dictators when I had my own accounts.  I just did the worst ones first and got them out of the way.   Anyway, not saying that's what the poster is doing but thought it *would* be an int ...